Broken Hearts

Reason Enough

 

Chapter 36

Broken Hearts

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The leaves swirl with the wind, a colorful mix of green, brown and fading yellow, the sound of Angela screaming on the foreground.  Sandara remained rooted on the last rung of the massive staircase. She can feel her tears fall, freely soaking her dress as they just continued on. She tried to breathe; a sharp ache bashed through her chest. 1…2…3…4 attempts but nothing…she tried to speak but no voice  came.

 

Seunghyun clutched her hand tighter. “We are in this together.” He pulled her out of the perilous step.

 

“Is it true?” She started beating her heart as she gasped for air.  “Is it really true?” a near wail escaped before she bit on her hand to stop it.

 

Seunghyun pulled her head back. “Do not bow your head Sandara.” He knew it was guilt she was feeling mixed with anger and confusion.   Nobody listened when he protested, they all doubted his innocence. Who would not be? Dara was there as witness.  Everyone merely accepted the fact that he cheated.  She was so used to being deserted; the steady and ever constant pains of being left had chipped on her once fiery spirit.  She never quite believed that she deserved the love they give her.  Everything for her was on borrowed time. They will all eventually leave her for a reason or another; it was easier for her to just them go.

 

Seunghyun held her in his arms.  Regret filled his heart. They could have been together. Had he insisted the woman in his arms would not have hurt as much as she was hurting now.  How can they be so cruel as to use a child, a life to bargain for their freedom.  Angela isn’t his responsibility neither is she Dara’s.  No wonder he never felt the blood bond between them but he loves the child because of this woman not because the child was his.  It had hurt him very much when she chose the child over him. He was broken yet now Sandara remains the victim.  “I know it hurts baby but please stop crying?” he wiped those tears off. “The baby needs you to be strong.”

 

“Tabi..” And Sandara wailed and wept for what she had lost.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“How is she?” It was Seungri who asked Minzy when the girl stepped out of the room. 

 

“Eunnie, is really exhausted.  She needs rest. Seunghyun oppa left to ” She pulled the door close but not before Angela slipped inside to see her mother.

 

“Angela.” Seungri called out.

 

“Let her be oppa. The child needs her mother now.  She seems scared seeing Eunnie pass out.”

 

“Mamaaa…” she whispers. She pulled a chair to hoist herself on the bed. She tumbled right in the middle. “Mama.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

It had taken Mr. Park, with the help of his cane and Daesung to separate Youngbae from Jiyong. Youngbae was nursing a sore shoulder while Jiyong is tending a busted lip. Daesung hands his brother some ice wrapped in kitchen towel. The rest of the household were busy with the mess they had left behind. The servants dumped a bucket full of ice on the corner with some towels and hurriedly left them on their own.

 

Everyone is silent except the steady tap of the wooden cane on the floor. Uncle Ben was staring at Jiyong.

 

“ I am greatly disappointed.” The old man Park looked so weary.

“I have very few regrets in my life and one of them is not seeing you grow.” He beckoned Daesung to hand him the envelope by the console.

  It was thick, white and looked very official. “This was hand delivered by my lawyer yesterday. I believe this is yours.”

 

Jiyong stood to receive it.

 

“Aren’t you curious? Open it.” His father told him.

 

Jiyong looked at his brother for support but Daesung is obviously as stunned as he was. He flipped the cover up and pulled the papers out.  It was the DNA test that landed him flat on his back.

 

“I could not turn back the time and tell you how to be a man but it is not yet too late son.“ his father stood handed him another folder. This time, he found his marriage certificate. “We do not have all the answers; I suggest you look for it.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Sandara stirred from her sleep.  A tiny hand clutched on her waist while trying to bury her head on the side of her .

 

“Mama.” It was unmistakably a sob. Her daughter a sobbing mess peppered her stomach with kisses. “Baby..Mamma.”

 

“Honey.” Dara moved her hand to touch her daughter’s dark hair. “Why are you crying?”

 

Angela immediately sat and tried her best not to cry.  “Mama my heart hurts.” And she opens and started bawling. 

 

That was the sight  Minzy found when she opened the door.

 

“Eunnie!” She rushed to help her sit up.

 

“Why is she crying? And where is Seungri?” Dara immediately asked.

 

“Oppa left to get some water. Angela refuses to let you go.” Minzy explained as she looked on.

 

“She’s been trying to latch on my when I woke up.” She went to wipe all the tears and sweat off her baby girl.

 

“She wanted to nurse on you.” Minzy whispered. “She learned that mommies feed their children.” The young doctor tried to smile. “Somebody told her that mommies always feed her babies.” Minzy eyed the child “and you haven’t fed her ever.”

 

Sandara’s eyes widen.

 

Angela started to hiccup “I a..am Maa..ma’s baby.” Angela tried to pry her top buttons open. “I am Mama’s baby!”

 

Sandara felt the child’s desperation. Not belonging was the most painful thing she ever felt and she will never let Angela go through it. She pulled the little hands that clasped around the front of her dress. She gave both hands a kiss and held the child in her arms.

 

“Mama wants to feed you, but I don’t have milk yet.” She tried to explain. “We can get some milk on a bottle and we can pretend it is mommy’s.” she laid her in her arms.

 

“Noooo!.” Angela was already hoarse from crying. “I am your baby!”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jiyong found his wife and child just outside the second floor porch sleeping. Sandara’s clothes are open with Angela securely nestled on her . They looked perfect. He leaned down to kiss his wife. Some questions needs some answers and those can only be had if he asks the right questions…if he asks the right person.

 

Sandara felt his kiss.  She felt him when he lifted Angela off her and carried the child to bed.  She felt him comeback and moved her as well.  She felt him kiss her as he moved away and closed the door. 

 

And hurting was never her favorite feeling. She took the stairs two at a time and jumped inside the first car she saw available.  It was Seunghyun’s. Driving has always calmed her.  The speed blurs all the turmoil that surrounds her. She took the long route towards Passions then drove straight to nowhere. It was almost an hours or driving aimlessly when Sandara stopped on the parking space next to a black Mustang just across the row of newly built townhouses just outside the metro. She fixed her gaze on the 4th door, she knew the owner is inside for the front porch light was on.  

 

The night air was cold, she was barely dressed for the situation, but she reached out for the green bomber jacket Seunghyun keeps in his car and put it on. Sandara waited. She sat like a patient woman looking out the window. She stared at her stomach.  The bump is unmistakable, as if her finally admitting the pregnancy gave her child the freedom to announce his existence proudly. She rested her hands on top of the bump.

 

 “Are you hungry baby? Uncle Seungyun only has fruits in his cooler.  Let’s have some apple? You want apple?” she laughed silently. She reached in and snatched a big juicy one.

“ I hope your Appa is ok.” She looked up to look at the terrace in front and watched as Jiyong pulls the beautiful model out to the terrace.  There they stood holding each other’s hand. She saw the girl laugh and move towards him.  He was laughing, he looked happy. He bent a little to kiss her.   The apple tasted very bitter, Sandara winced. She looked at her hand where the apple remains unbitten. She blinked once…twice, her eyes stung and began to water. She held on to her stomach and felt the apple fell and rolled somewhere.  Sandara felt her heart crack.

 

 

 

A/N:  Thank you everyone for reading!!! Lots of love to everyone and to all new subscribers thank you and welcome.

Comments are loved hahahaha. To Cira, thank you very much for the feedback.:)

Well, as I have said, I love the pairing very much so allow me to work throught my feelings on the succeeding chapters :D