Chapter 29

Donghaerella

 

Donghae completed his chores that morning with a smile. Despite the fact he had to walk to school  as he managed to wake Kangin up when collecting dirty clothes from his room to put into the wash. He was looking forward to seeing Eunhyuk.

Sungmin had even noticed Donghae's upbeat mood during class. He was paying extra attention in class and not zoning out. Anytime he asked him what was making so happy he just got an even bigger smile in response.

It was good to see him so happy; it was rare and unfortunately Sungmin knew it wouldn't last.

When lunch time came round Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk were already sitting in the middle of the dance studio.

Kyuhyun got up and went to greet his boyfriend and pulled him over and showed him a little pudding he had brought for him.

Donghae couldn't help but notice Eunhyuk roll his eyes at their interaction and here a mumble of a bunny and a lovesick fool.

Sittig down Dongae ate the apple he brought with him. Eunhyuk finished his lunch and moved his bag over to the side.

"Ready?" Eunhyuk said looking down to Donghae.

"Yes." hae answered smiling.

"You two move over to the side and turn on the cd player and throw over the control."

Sungmin and Kyuhyun did as commanded and watched intently.

"i'll show you a bit of what the dance team is working on and then you can try."

Donghae nodded and waited for Eunhyuk to begin.

Eunhyuk started off slow with the music and as the beat sped up, the step complexity increased but Donghae paid attention. Once Eunhyuk thought he had done enough, he stopped the music and brought it back to the start for Donghae to join him.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun were impressed that Donghae copied Hyuk exactly.

"That's my Hae, so talented." Sungmin said clapping his hands lightly.

Feeling slightly jealous of the praises Donghae was getting, Kyuhyun tried his hardest to get Sungmin's attention away from the dancing boys.

Eunhyuk and Donghae continued to dance more while ignoring the kissing couple in the background and eventually they ended up in a sort of dance battle. With the bell ringing Eunhyuk and Dinghae settled on a tie.

Gathering up their stuff, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were still lip locked to eachother not realising that the bell had rung. Eunhyuk took the oppurtunity and leant in and pecked Donghae on the cheek. Donghae let out a little giggle which seemed to snap Sungmin out of kissing his boyfriend.

"Huh?" Sungmin asked with swollen lips thinking he had just been asked a question.

"Get a room." Eunhyuk muttered not looking at the two boys on the floor.

"I could say the same about you two." Smirked Kyuhyun noticing how close Eunhyuk and Donghae were standing together.

"Come on Min," Donghae said blushing stepping closer to his friend, "the bell just rang."

"Oh! Didn't here it!" Sungmin said in a surprised tone.

"I wonder why." Eunhyuk said sarcastically walking towards the studio door.


Donghae was in a somewhat dazed mood for the rest of his classes that afternoon.

A knock on the class room door awoke the class from listening to their teacher drone on about some boring topic. The door opened to reveal Eunhyuk. He walked up to the teacher and spoke to him quietly. The teacher nodded and started to head in Donghae's direction.

Just like earlier in the week when Eunhyuk had come in and gave a note the class watched Eunhyuk intently to see what he was doing here. Donghae sat up straighter and smiled to Eunhyuk. Once Eunhyuk reached the desk, he set down a note and winked at Donghae then left the classroom.

Again Donghae got glares from the girls in the class. He looked at Sungmin from across the class and received a questioning look and an I'll-talk-to-you-later stare.

Luckily Donghae sat at the desk on his own in this class. He opened the note from unprying eyes.

Hi ^^
I'm working after school and tonight so wont be able to call you :(
Just letting you know that tomorrow the shop will only be open for half the day. So I was hoping after out shift you would like to go out for something.... and for dinner too?
So yeah.... just text me your answer~
E
P.S You look really good when you dance
P.P.S Kyuhyun says hi to Sungmin ¬.¬

He's asking me on a date!

This will be my first date ever...

Donghae was squealing in his head in happiness. He folded up the note and pu it in between the pages in his textbook.

Donghae smiled for the rest of the class.

Finally the last class was over. As Donghae was packing up his books, a shadow was cast over his desk. Expecting it to be Sungmin he looked up smiling.

Instead, the shadow was cast by 3 girls in his class standing with their arms crossed and glaring at him.

"Donghee, how come Eunhyuk keeps coming in and handing you notes?" The middle girl demanded.

"Um... my name is Donghae not Do-"

"I don't care. Just answer the question. He is too good to be hanging out with you."

"I-I work with him in one of his dad's shops. He was just telling me about my work times." Donghae answered trying not to frown at the rude tone the girl was using towards him.

"That's it? Don't think you can be friends with him just because you work together. Know your place." The middle girl said and walked off with the other two following closely behind.

Watching the interaction from his side of the class, Sungmin came over to his friend straight away after the girls left.

"How rude of her. You ok Hae?" Min asked. Donghae nodded in response. Both of them left their class room and went to their lockers to get the books they would need over the weekend.

"What was the note about?" Sungmin asked.

"Kyuhyun said hi. Eunhyuk just told me that the shop is only open half of the day and he... uh.... asked if I wanted to go out after." Donghae mumbled the last bit.

"What?"

"He asked if I ... wanted to go out after." Donghae said again a little louder.

"He what!?" Sungmin shrieked making Donghae jump. This is the reaction he had been expecting from his friend. "As friends, right? Right?!"

Donghae bit his lip and began to blush while looking down at the floor.

"Oh my!" Sungmin squealed boucing up and down. "How long have you two been having a thing? Why didnt you tell me? I didn't know Eunhyuk was gay. Ahhhhh I'm so happy for you!"

"Calm down." Donghae whined hoping that no one heard his friends outburst. "He... he kissed me and we both liked it so... we are going out for a date I guess."

Sungmin squealed again.

"You kissed?"

Donghae nodded and Sungmin squealed for a third time.

"Does Kyuhyun know? He hasn't said anything about you two to me." Sungmin pouted.

"I don't know." Donghae answered truthfully.

"So, is he a good kisser?" Sungmin teased.

"Minnie!" Donghae whined. He whispered a quiet yes after, earning another squeal from his friend.

"I got to go, Kangin may be heading to his car now." Donghae said leaving his friend who was drawing little hearts in the air.

Donghae ran to the car just in time as Siwon and Kangin were only leaving the school building. On the way home, he got out his phone and opened up a new message to Eunhyuk.

I look forward to it :) See you tomorrow!

Donghae pressed send.

 

                         _______________________________________________________________________

I dont think I can handle writing more fluff haha. There will be more in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading :)

Till next time~