Chapter 14

Donghaerella

"Hey fish breath." Kangin shouted coming into Siwon's room.

Siwon quickly retracted his hands and took a step back before Kangin noticed how close the two of them were. Kangin threw his tae kwon do uniform at Donghae. It landed on his head.

"Clean this for me. Now. I need it for tomorrow." He said and left the room.

Donghae had never been so happy to see Kangin before. He mentally hugged him and thanked him. He quickly pulled of the shirt Siwon gave him and put his own top back on and left the room. Siwon watched him leave.

Donghae's heart was hammering in his chest. That was a close call. He rushed down and put Kangin's uniform in the wash. It only took half an hour.

-

"Stop it!" Donghae was shouting. Kangin was holding him down. "Let me go."

"No you little . You need to be punished."  Siwon snarled. He was holding down Donghae's legs to stop him from kicking.  Siwon leaned on top of him and began to unbuckle his belt.

"You are going to enjoy this." Siwon said.

"Hurry up Siwon, I want a go." Kangin added

"No!" Donghae shouted waking up. He was covered in sweat.

The alarm clock went off making Donghae jump.

"Aish... get a grip." He said running his hand through his hair.

He got up and prepared Kangin's lunch box for his tae kwon do class and began to work on his chores.

Surprisingly Kangin was already up and getting ready when Donghae went to go and wake him up. Donghae didnt question it and went back to continue his work. He brought breakfast in got Yeon-Jae and he made some for his uncle too.

Standing out side the guest room, he knocked on the door.

"Come in." Hodong called from inside.

"Hi Uncle!" Donghae said with a big smile on his face, "I brought you some breakfast."

Hodong was in bed reading some of his work papers. He had an interview with some company later on in the day. 

"Ah Donghae," Hodong smiled setting down his papers to the side and removing his reading glasses. "You shouldn't have."

Donghae set the tray on his lap and sat at the end of the bed.

"You've grown." Hodong said smiling at him. They hadnt seen each other since Donghae's dad's funeral.

"So have you." Donghae motioned at his uncles stomach. Hodong burst out laughing and patted his stomach. "Still have your mother's humour I see. How have you been? How is school?"

"Ive been good. School is school." Donghae replied rubbing the back of his neck. "I got a job."

"Ah I bet those two leeches dont have one."

Leech is what Hodong likes to refer to Kangin and Siwon as behind their backs. He had never liked them or Yeon-Jae.

Donghae just smiled in response.

"I wish I could spend more time with you but I'm only here for the night on business." He sighed.

"It's ok uncle."

Both of them sat talking for a bit about this and that. 

"I best go wash these dishes and get ready for work." Donghae said.

"Ah, ok, make sure you wrap up. Its getting colder and supposed to snow soon." Hodong said. Donghae nodded and left the room. On his way past Siwon's room, he knocked to wake him up. He opened the door, but the room was empty. The bed was still made from the day before.

Great... when he gets home he will probably sleep all day and Yeon-Jae will just get mad with me.

-

Donghae welcomed the warmth of the shop when he arrived. Even with his thick jacket on he was still cold from walking there.

Eunhyuk was behind the tills when he arrived.

"The boss is here." He told Donghae.

Donghae went to the office and knocked on the door and went in.

"Hello sir." He said bowing to the man behind the desk.

"You must be Donghae. I've heard you are a good worker so I'm happy to have hired you. Hyukjae will tell you what you need to do today." He said smilling. Donghae picked up his apron and bowed to him again and left the office.

Eunhyuk was leaning on the counter reaing  a magazine.

"Where's Ky-"

"Hi Donghae!" Kyuhyun shouted coming out of the store cupboad. "Perfect timing, you can clean half of the floor and I will do the other."

Eunhyuk watched the both of them -but mostly Donghae- from behind the counter as they worked. As silly as it was, he was kind of frustrated at how Donghae hadnt complained about doing any of the work. Kyuhyun fussed as normal when he was told to clean, and he never bothered asking Heechul ever to clean. Donghae just did what he was told without complaining. That annoyed him.

15 minutes later and it was evident that Kyuhyun was hopeless with cleaning. 

"Eughh I hate cleaning." Kyuhyun groaned.

"I will help you." Donghae said.

"But you've got your half to do." 

"I've finished." Donghae said getting to work.

"Huh? Seriously? You must have been a maid in your past life!" Kyuhyun joked.

"Yeah... must have..." Donghae mumbled.

-

Eunhyuk wasnt in the shop for that long as he went on errands for the boss, his dad. Work passed quickly and Donghae was kept on his toes. The quiet times were passed with Kyuhyun telling Donghae his life story.

When 5pm came, Eunhyuk's dad dismissed him.

It was a lot colder outside when he was walking home. He zipped up his jackt and wrapped his arms around himself to try and stay warm. With every breath he could see it infront of him. Donghae walked quicker home so he would warm up a bit.

When he got back, he noticed uncle's car wasnt there. He was still at the meeting.

He began to cook the meal and set the table. It was after 6 when his uncle arrived. 

"Brrrrrr" He said out loud for emphasis coming into the kitchen. "It's snowing. Absolutely freezing. Warm my hands up Donghae!" Hodong added putting his hands on his cheeks.

"Ahh!" Donghae shouted laughing, "I just got warm myself."

"It smells delicious." said patting Donghae on the shoulder.

"I'm making your favourite. Lamb stew and dumplings."

"You are a gift sent from god!" Hodong said smiling even more. "I'm going to pack and I will be down to help you in a bit."

In less than 5minutes Hodong was back. The kitchen was a lot warmer now so Donghae took off his jacket. Together the two of them prepared the dessert.

Once the meal was ready Donghae buzzed for the others to come down. He made Hodong go sit down in the dining room while he plated the meal up. 

Yeon-Jae had a sour look on her face. Kangin was surprised that Donghae was going to be  eating with them, but he didnt say anything. And Siwon just smiled at Donghae.

He tried to pretend that siting with the three of them for meals was normal.

"Looks lovely." Hodong said as his plate of stew was put down in front of him. "Glad to see you take after your mother."

"Thanks uncle." Donghae mummbled. He noticed how Yeon-Jae looked angry at the mention of his mother.

The conversation of the meal was kept up by Hodong who mostly told stories and Donghae was the only one paying attention to them. Hodong asked Siwon and Kangin questions too, just to involve them. He asked Kangin how the tae kwon do was going, and Kangin said that he likes to practice it as much as possible and gave a quick smirk to Donghae.

They had all finished the dessert.

"I should start the washing up." Donghae said standing up and began to collect the bowls.

"I'm sure Kangin and Siwon wont mind doing it instead." Hodong said smiling at the two boys.

"No no no, it's ok uncle, its my chore to wash the dishes." Donghae said quickly.

"But you cooked the meal, and I want to spend some more time with you before I leave." Hodong said, "Dont you think that will be ok Yeon-Jae?" He said turning to her.

Yeon-Jae did not look amused. She looked at her two sons.

"Sure." Siwon said smiling. He stood up and took the bowls off Donghae.

Kangin looked furious.

"Lovely." Hodong said and stood up. He put his arm around Donghae's shoulders and led him out of the dining room. Yeon-Jae watched them leave.

-

"It's really good seeing you again Donghae. I wish it could be more often and permanent. You know if I had the option you would be living with me. But since I would never be there to look after you because of work the courts wouldnt allow it. And also Yeon-Jae insister that your father wanted her to look after you." Hodong sighed. "But once you finish school you will be old enough to live on your own. I want you to know my house will always be welcome to you for as long as you want."

Donghae smiled and hugged his uncle. He wanted to tell him so much to take him away now from this hell hole.

"Here." Hodong said putting a big lump of money into Donghae's hands. "It's the most I can do for now. It's not much but I want you to have it."

"What?! It's too much! I dont need it!." He said holding the money back out to his uncle.

"No, you are keeping it." Hodong said pushing the money back in towards Donghae. "Save it if you must. Whatever you want. It's yours."

"Thank you." Donghae smiled and hugged his uncle again.

"Aish you are such a good kid. I dont want to leave you. But I have to start heading out to the next city." Hodong said rubbing Donghae's back. Donghae carried his uncles bags to the door for him. They hugged again. He didnt bother saying good bye to the other three.

"Stay inside since you only have a tshirt on." He said patting Donghae's head.

"Hey! I'm not a kid." He laughed and removed his hand from his head.

"Take care." Hodong said and left.

Donghae sighed and went up to his room. He put the money in a safe hidden place just incase anyone decides to poke around.

I should probably go down to the kitchen and clean it... They would not have finished the dishes. Do they even know how to clean them? He laughed to himself at the thought of Kangin trying to work out what a pot was.

He got up from his bed and went towards the door.

The door suddenly opened to reveal an angry Kangin. He came in and slammed the door behind him.

 

(AN:Longest chapter sofar! I know what you must be thinking... there is no Eunhae U.U But believe me there will be, ive just been building up to it. But you will enjoy the next chapter :3

I wrote this instead of revising for my last exam... prioritising!)