Chapter 24

Donghaerella

 

Siwon getting no response from Donghae tapped onto his shoulder again.

“Donghae?”

Siwon moved his hand from poking to gripping his shoulder to give it a squeeze to gain his attention.

The pressure made Donghae blink bringing him back to reality.

When did Hangeng leave? Was…was he actually here?

“Are you ok? He didn’t hurt you did he?”

“I…” Donghae whispered with his lips starting to quiver

​... he looks so upset. That Hangeng... Siwon thought.

His focus on Siwon began to fade as his vision began to blur out from the tears that were starting to form. He felt his knees start to give way as the weight of what just happened overcame him.

Siwon quickly brought up his arms to hold onto Donghae before he fell onto the ground. He pulled Donghae back up and led him out of the bathroom into his own room while hearing the little sobs coming from Donghae's mouth.

Donghae followed not paying much attention; partly because he couldnt see due to his tears.

Siwon led him over to the bed and sat him down.

Donghae felt an arm drop around his shoulders. He felt himself being pulled in and landed onto a hard chest.

"Donghae, he's not here. It's okay." Siwon said.

The two of them just sat there.

Siwon occasionally patted Donghae's shoulder.

Donghae had his face buried on Siwon's chest, gradually soaking Siwon's tshirt with his tears. Some of his sobs were muffled by Siwon's chest.

It took a little while for Donghae to calm down and stop crying.

Siwon did not say anything or remove his arm from his shoulders.

"Sorry about your tshirt..." Donghae mumbler sniffing ans leaning back to sit up straight.

Not making eye contact with Siwon, he heard an 'It's ok' as a response. Siwon removed his arm from Donghae's shoulders and ran his hand through his own hair.

Donghae was embarrassed for crying so much infront of Siwon. 

"Em....thank you... I should go to bed." Donghae said wiping his cheeks. Siwon looked at him and nodded while staring at his red puffy eyes.

 

-

Donghae had finished his chores in time to get a lift to school. The car journey was silent. It felt like there was some tension between Siwon and Kangin.

During one of the mid morning classes there was a knock of the class room door. Low and behold the person that enetered was Eunhyuk.

He bowed to the teacher and asked if he could pass on a note to someone in the class. The teacher allows him. The classes attention is upon Eunhyuk as he gazes over the gaping faces looking for the one he wants.

He smiles when he finds his target and begins to walk over.

The girls sitting infront of Donghae all sat up straighter and fixing their already perfect hair as the boy of their frequent gossiping was walking over to them.

Walking past the girls expectant faces, he smiled at Sungmin and Donghae. He left the note on Donghae's desk and left the class room.

Bringing the note closer to him, Donghae looked up at his class to find a number of them staring at him. The girls infront of him had a look of disgust on thier faces. Blushing at the attention, Donghae looked down to the note;

Hi Donghae,
I wont be here for lunch as I'm on a class trip and dont have your number so I'm asking you now... Hope you can come and do a shift later after school. Kyuhyun and Heechul are unavailable.
Here's my number so you can text me your answer!
07898765432

- E

P.S Tell Sungmin that Loverboy says hello

Donghae smiled and reread Eunhyuk's number again. He folded the note and put it in his pocket. Some of the people were still looking at him. Leaning over to Sungmin he whispered the message he was given for him from 'Loverboy'. Donghae grinned when he saw Sungmin's own smile.

The rest of the school day passed reasonably quick. Donghae rang Yeon Jae at lunch to let her know that he will be working straight after school and wont be home to cook dinner. She informed him to let Siwon and Kangin know so they wouldnt be wouldnt be waiting on him when they could be doing better things. Of course Kangin wouldnt come if Donghae was there on time or not; he woulf leave without him. He texted Eunhyuk to let him know he could work and within a couple of minutes he replied.

Great! Wait in the carpark after school for me!

 

 

Donghae found Eunhyuk's car which just happened to be parked behind Kangin's. He went to the passenger door and waited and brought his attention to two birds that were flying around in the sky.

Walking out of the school building over to his car, Eunhyuk could see Donghae looking up at the sky with a smile on his face.

It was nice to see Donghae smiling.

This might be the second time he has ever seen him smiling.

He pressed the button on his car key to unlock it making Donghae jump and look around. Eunhyuk could see the blush appear on Donghae's as he was caught staring at the birds.

"Hi" Eunhyuk waved to him.

"Hi" Donghae said quietly back to him.

"Lets go then!" Eunhyuk said.

The drive to the shop was mostly quiet with a few questions of seeing how the day had gone sofar.

"You really are good at dancing." Eunhyuk said breakig the current silence.

"Oh... thanks..." Donghae mumbled, "You are the captain of the dance team, right?"

"Yep, thats me." Eunhyuk said with a smile, "How long have you been dancing?"

"Since I was young. Dad and I always fooled around dancing; well....if you could call it dancing when music was played in the house." Donghae smiled at the little memories of him and his dad attempting to dance along with the bands that were performing on TV. "But watching the bands on tv performing with all their effort, it made me want to dance like them."

"All I'm picturing right now is some dopey kid and a middle aged man prancing around waving their arms." Eunhyuk chuckled.

"Hey!" Donghae shouted pouting crossing his arms. "For your information, we did not 'prance', we dived...occasionally." Donghae laughed defending himself.

Donghae's laugh was contagious and soon Eunhyuk was laughing too.

 

Both of them were still letting out little laughs as they arrived at the shop. Hearing the rare noise coming from who the person behind the counter could tell was Eunhyuk's voice, the person looked up at them with a big dimpled smile.

"Hello Eunhyuk." He said waving.

Eunhyuk nodded to him. "This is Donghae"

"Oh!" The person exclaimed as Donghae gave a small wave to him. "Hi there! I've heard about you from Heechul; nice to finally put a face to a name. I'm Leeteuk. Nice to meet you." Leeteuk said increasing his smile. "Well, now that you're both here, I can go home. See you tomorrow Hyuk and see you soon Donghae."

Leeteuk put his apron back into the staff room, and waved again when he left.

Donghae and Eunhyuk did a basic clean of the shop, restolked the shelves and Eunhyuk served customers when necessary. Once that was all done, Eunhyuk called him over.

"Since you've been really good working here; I think it's time I teach you howto use the till."

Eunhyuk explained how everything worked and got Donghae to serve a customer making sure he stayed with a watchful eye over Donghae if he needed help when necessary.

"So..." Eunhyuk said breaking the silence when they were alone in the shop. "What's it like living with Kangin and Siwon? I still cant believe you are thier stepbrother!"

"Oh, em well...." Donghae mumbled while trying to come up with something to say. "Well, its ...fine." He lied.

"Kangin looks like he will be quite bossy to live with and Siwon looks like hes quite demanding." Eunhyuk commented.

Donghae hmm'd in response and remained quiet. Sensing the change in attitude, Eunhyuk changed the topic.

Eunhyuk kept the conversation going trying to make Donghae smile or even laugh. When he did there was a little blush that followed.

 

"Would you like to come to mine for dinner?" Eunhyuk asked, "I mean, well because we wont finish till 8pm so you might as well...."

Donghae thought of the chores he would need to do; the washing could be done as soon as he got back and so could the dishes... it should only take him about an hour. The extra stuff can be done in the morning.

"Sure. I would like that, thank you." Donghae said smiling him.

"Great. It's a -" Eunhyuk stopped short.

Oh my god I was about to say its a date.

 

                                                        ____________________________________________________________

 

i need to keep reminding myself this is a eunhae fic haha /ships sihae like theres no tomorrow/

but eunhae shippers i SWEAR it will get better for yall here onwards~

prepare to be drowned in a sea of fluff in the next chapter

thanks for reading and staying with the story~