Chapter 8

Opposing Elements

Chapter 8


Im Yoona was still in the infirmary in the England branch of the elementist order. She was busy resting until she heard someone calling her name. Yoona got off her bed and walked to a nurse and who told her to pick up a phone call from head quarters. Yoona sighed and lazily walked to the phone. When she picked up she was surprised by a scream.

"YOOOONA!!!!!! AYO Waddup!! How's my shikshin buddy?"

"What the??" Yoona put the phone away from her ear to avoid turning deaf. Aigo... There's only one person with a voice that loud and has enough audacity to call me that.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung. Keep your voice down!! The phone isn't even in speaker and I can hear you loud and clear. Geez."

"Sorry Yoong.." Sooyoung started lowering her voice, which was the cue for Yoona to put the phone next to her ear again.

"Whatever... why are you calling me?" Yoona asked in a cold, uninterested tone. Although Sooyoung is her best friend she still acts cold to her sometimes.

"I'm so jealous of you!!!" Sooyoung started whining like a baby.

"What do you mean?" Yoona was still not amused.

"While you're there in England just resting, sleeping, eating and not doing anything.. the order made me file and sign papers because I'm a senior officer too!!! I wanna go on a mission!! I'm stuck in this boring, unorganized desk just signing random things!!! I've been doing this for the past 5 hours. These piles of papers are like 10 times my size. I'm not even half way done with them, life is so unfa-" Before Sooyoung finished her sentence Yoona heard someone interrupt her from the other line. The people sounded really tired, almost zombie like.

"Sooyoung-ssi. Mooooore paapers for youuu to signnnn" The person sounded like a ghost stretching out every word.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Yoong!! Save me!!! I'm so jealous of you!!" Sooyoung was close to tears seeing these piles of paper work.

"There's nothing to be jealous of. I'm injured moron" Yoona replied with a blank expression.

"So?? Speaking of which I'm surprised you got wounded. Was your guard down?"

"You make it sound like I'm not human. I can get injured too nitwit"

"You're human??? Ahaha... I'm just kidding.."

"I'm hanging up"

"No wait!! Yoong before you hang up please give me the details to your mission. I need to open a file for you. Tell me everything that happened from your departure to your arrival."

"Aish... what a pain..." Yoona explained everything that happened to the group from their plane ride to their fight against the girl in the cloak.

"I see"

"Did you record all that yet shikshin?"

"I did. Hey Yoong-"

"Hm?"

"Who do you think the girl in the cloak is? Do you think it's someone we know?"

"I don't know, but one thing for sure. She also has element powers. She was able to teleport like you"

"Teleport? I see...."

There was silence between the two of them.

"Is this all Shikshin? I'm hanging up..."

"Wait!!"

"What now???"

"How's your wound?"

"It's healing."

"You shouldn't take advantage that your element can help you heal a bit. Your element can't heal every wound. Remind how you got those scars? Please be more careful."

"I will"

"Oh and tell your girlfriend I said hi"

"That wimp is not my girlfriend!!!!"

"Oh kekeke how did you know I was talking about Yuri. Huh?"

"Y- You!! I hope you get triple the amount of papers to file!!"

"You shouldn't yell so much Yoong. Your wound might open. Have fun with your girlfriend! Tell the others I said hi." Sooyoung said in a teasing tone.

"Screw you!!" Yoona slammed the phone. She started panting.

Oh crap. I think my wound opened a little. 

~~

Sooyoung was still holding onto the phone despite no one being on the other side.

"Mhmm... Mhmm... tell me more" Sooyoung took a pencil and started scribbling and pretending to write down
information when she was really drawing ice cream.

"Yah!!! Choi Sooyoung!! We know Yoona- ssi hung up on you!! Get back to work!" She could hear the leader of the filing department yelling at her.  

"Y- Yes Sir!!!" Sooyoung panicked and closed the phone. She quickly went back to work.

I wanna go on a mission. Those monsters can't kill me but all this work will!!  T.T

"More papers Sooyoung- ssi" Three people came up to Sooyoung and dumped about another 200 files.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!"

~~

Yoona walked back to her bed and laid there in silence, staring at the ceiling.

Girlfriend

Sooyoung's words replayed in Yoona's head. Yoona would be lying if she said she didn't have any opinions about Yuri. She found that girl fun to tease. Which is rare because Yoona was more quiet and wasn't that interested in socializing with others. Her only true friend was Sooyoung. She has never had feelings for anyone. Never fell in love or even had a crush.

Girlfriend? Tch as if I would fall for that wimp.

~~

Sunny, Taeyeon and Jessica were busy observing the new found element users. The potential soldiers ranged from age 6 to age 20. Most of their powers were not as developed and some were simply too young to actually join the battlefield yet. They would all require training. Most of them had the more commonly found elements, except Park Sun-Young, or Luna, who had a ghost ability. She can turn invisible, walk through solid objects, fly, possess people and do everything else people believed ghosts can do. The only difference is she is actually alive. The three senior officers deemed her an important asset to the order because of her abilities to turn invisible and go through objects. That will make infiltrating missions easier.

While the three were busy group, Yuri and Tiffany were in the order's training room to train their bodies and to test out Yuri's powers. It was more of a way to just relieve their stress because  they could let out their frustrations through combat. After about 2 hours Tiffany and Yuri got tired and decided to sit down to take a drink of water. In those two hours they ran a few laps around the track field, strengthened their reflexes and Yuri was now able to control her force fields easier than before. Her only problem was the speed because it would take a while before her force field actually appears from moment of release. Other than that Yuri's powers were definitely stronger than predicted. Tiffany's flames had trouble piercing it, although the eye smiling girl purposely held back to avoid injuring her friend. It was still stronger than the average monster. So far monsters have been classified as 3 classes. Tiffany explained her analysis to Yuri.

"Wait... so I'm about the strength of a level two?" Yuri asked.

"Mhmm... like I said before. There are three levels of monsters." Tiffany started explaining while Yuri was busy listening and drinking water.

"Level ones being the most common and weakest ones. Those are the ones they're used to fighting, any elementist can easily defeat them, even searchers can if they trained enough. Do you understand so far?"

Yuri nodded her head as a signal for Tiffany to continue speaking.

"The second class is more problematic. Not only are level twos faster and stronger, they are also smarter. Unlike level ones these monsters can actually sense danger and stop in a fight to think of a strategy. They're not as common to find because it takes a while for level ones to evolve and most get killed before they get the chance to evolve. Most searchers can not hold their own against these monsters. Even some elementists would have  trouble. It takes probably two or three newer to intermediate elementists to take this one down. Senior elementists can fight this solo. I have actually fought a couple of them with Jessi when we were still intermediate level. It was scary, but at least Jessi was with me so I was less scared. She even protected me from one that tried to charge at me" Tiffany smiled remembering Jessica's heroic act.

Flashback

"Tiff!! Stay with me. I'll protect you. I swear it" Jessica told Tiffany. The two of them were back to back and surrounded by six level twos. The younger girl was trembling see all these horrible creatures surrounding her and her best friend.

"O- okay Jessi. I won't leave your side"

"Good. Now do as I say. It's obvious we can't handle all of them at once. We just need to stay alive until the back up comes. For now lets take down at least two of them. Make a fire wall around three or four of them."

"Okay." Tiffany did as Jessica instructed and created a wall of fire which trapped three of the monsters. Although her powers were not as developed so it wasn't going to hold on very long or do much damage.

Jessica created a sword out of solid ice that would freeze an opponent upon contact. She charged at one of the monsters and froze it's arm. She was aiming to stab the head, but was stopped by the monster's free hand. The level two grabbed Jessica's sword and broke it in two.

"CRAP!!"

"Jessi!!" Tiffany used her powers and created a thin layer of fire to buy Jessica enough time to get away.

"Thanks Tiff"

"You're welcome"

The two were too busy watching the two monsters that they did remember there was a third monster. The monster charged at Tiffany's right side. Jessica noticed this and created a large ice shield and used her body to shield Tiffany by wrapping her arms around the younger girl. The monster broke through the ice shield and managed to wound Jessica's back.  

"AHHHHH!!!!"

"Jessi!! Oh my god... hold on.."

"I.. I'm fine.. I am" Jessica forced a smile to make her best friend less worried, but she was obviously in pain.

"Fine?? You're not. Look at you!! Why did you jump in??"

"Because I promised I would protect you. I don't care if I use my body as a shield. If getting hurt means you're safe I would gladly use my body as shield 100 times over. No one hurts my Fany." Jessica fainted into Tiffany's arms.

Tiffany was now on the brink of tears. She hugged her best friend. She was feeling sadness, anger and gratitude.

Don't worry Jessi. It's my turn to protect you.

It's known that most elementists get stronger when they are experiencing extremely strong emotions or resolves. Tiffany's desire to protect her best friend helped fuel her resolve. That helped strengthened her flames. She created an extremely strong wall of flames that shielded her and her best friend from the monsters outside. The monster that injured Jessica charged at the flame and was completely burnt to a crisp.

"This is what you get for hurting my Jessi you dirty son of a b**tch. Burn in hell!" Tiffany wielded her flames and positioned it in front of another monster and also engulfed it in flames.

After holding on for about 45 minutes. Tiffany was feeling more and more tired. She was not yet adapted to her new powers which was taking a huge toll on her body. Her wall of flame was getting weaker and weaker.

"Damn... it.. Please body. Hold on a little more... until help comes"

A monster broke through her wall of flame and was yards away from Tiffany.

"I'm sorry Jessi. I can't even protect you. I'm a horrible friend"

"No you're not Fany Unnie"

"Yeah Fany- Ah.. you did a good job!!"

Tiffany recognized those voices.

"YoonA!! Sooyoung!!" Tiffany felt relieved seeing her friends in front of her and Jessica.

"We're sorry we're late. Taeyeon Unnie. Please take Fany Unnie and Sica Unnie to the infirmary. Sooyoung and I will handle this" Yoona said.

"Got it Yoong" Taeyeon used her strength and carried both Jessica and Tiffany back to headquarters while Yoona and Sooyoung easily defeated the remaining monsters.

At the infirmary both Jessica and Tiffany were now awake. The two of them were sharing a bed and holding each other close. They enjoyed each other's company. Especially after what happened. They have become even closer than before.

"Tiff... I'm glad you became stronger. Thank you for protecting me"

"You're welcome Jessi. You protected me too. Thank you"

"I love you Tiff. I'm glad you're my best friend"

"Me too Jessi."

End of Flashback

Tiffany was still smiling to herself remembering what happened between her and her best friend.

"Yah... Fany- Ah... Stop day dreaming!! What about level threes?" Yuri interrupted her.

"Oh sorry Yul. Okay.. where was I?"

"Level threes" Yuri replied.

"Okay, finally we have the worst ones, level threes. These guys are strong, smart, fast and some can even use element powers. Some have been recorded to be able to use common elements. These guys are extremely scarce because no elementists would ever let a level two evolve to that level. Level Threes are so powerful that it would take a few senior elementists together to take it down. It's very rare to find a level three but it's even rarer surviving a fight against them. Even I have never even met one. I would like to say they don't exist, but some people have fought against them. These guys... I think even Yoona and Sooyoung together would have trouble."

"That's bad right?"

"Well considering Yoona and Sooyoung are ranked in the top 5 fighters. YES"

"Oh..."

"So Yuwree. What did you think of your first mission?" Tiffany asked to change the topic.

"It was so scary"

"Aha... You'll get used to it eventually. Don't worry."

"I hope. Hey Fany- Ah."

"Hm?"

"What kind of person is Yoona?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. sometimes she so mean to me. Other times she's actually kinda nice to me."

"Hm... well Yoona isn't that great at making friends. So maybe this is her way of getting close to you?"

"You think so?"

"I don't know. That girl is hard to read. I've known her for quite a while. She's still sort of a stranger to me. I know she definitely isn't a bad person though. If you want to know more about her I suggest asking Sooyoung. She's the closest to that girl"

"Okay.."

"Yuri- Yah... are you.. you know... interested in Yoona?" Tiffany started teasing Yuri.

"W- Wh- What?? Of- Of course not!!! I would never like someone that bipolar" Yuri's face was completely flustered.

"Sure sure... whatever you say. Look... it's Yoona!!" Tiffany pointed and Yuri looked behind her.

"She shouldn't be out of the infirmary yet!"

"Aww... Yuri you worried?"

"NO!! Just... she would be a burden if she's injured again."

"Admit it. You're worried."

"Whatever.... I'm gonna go tell her to go back to rest"

Yuri got off the bench and walked to Yoona.

"Aha... that girl is so obviously worried."

Yoona was busy practicing her accuracy by throwing her flames that she didn't notice Yuri was behind her.

"Yoona... you should go back to your bed and sleep some more"

"Hmph... it's none of your business wimp."

Seriously???? One minute this girl can be so nice, another minute she is just rude as hell and pisses me off!!

"Just go... JERK"

"I said it's none of your business"

"Okay.. you made me!" Yuri grabbed Yoona by the ear and dragged her to the direction of the infirmary.

"OW!! Are you serious??? What's with everyone and grabbing my ears?" Yoona yelled.

"You won't listen!" Yuri responded.

"You're annoying"

"You're stubborn"

Once they got to the infirmary Yuri called the doctors over and they brought Yoona to the bed. Yuri stayed there to make sure she doesn't try to escape.

"I'm not gonna ditch wimp. Being with you was so tiring. I'm gonna go to bed now. You can leave me alone. I feel scared having you watch me sleep."

"Shut up... I'm gonna leave anyway. For the last time.. my name is YURI!!! Are you THAT dumb that you can't even remember a name that simple? And you don't have to tell me twice" Yuri got off her chair and walked out of the infirmary.

That girl is just too much. She enjoys making me angry. I hate her. But if I hate her so much why can't I just ignore her? 

"Yuri- Yah. Are you interested in Yoona?"

"Argh!! Dumb Fany... Of course not! Why would she put that thought in my head?"

Yuri walked to the dining hall to order food and get her minds off things.

Yoona was tossing and turning on her bed.

"Aish... I can't sleep. That wimp enjoys making me waste energy!! She needs to mind her own business"

Why does she even care so much for me anyway? And more importantly, why do I enjoy her company sometimes? It must just be stress. Arguing with her relieves stress. Yeah, that's it.

"There is no way I will ever like her" Both Yoona and Yuri said to themselves.

TBC

Thank you all for reading ^.^ So is anyone good at making posters? LOL If anyone is please PM me and help design something for a main image >.<