Chapter 12

Opposing Elements

Chapter 12

 

Yuri and the others started running to the castle. None of them wanted to look back, knowing the ground was completely disappearing and they did not want to know what would happen if they fell. The gang finally made their way into the castle and closed the door behind them. All 5 of them were breathing heavily after running so much. Tiffany, the first one to catch her breath, looked around her surrounding area and noticed it was a pretty big and open space. An ideal place to fight.


"Guys.. look." Tiffany pointed to a spiral staircase.

"I'm still wondering what this surprise is" Taeyeon said out loud.

"Me too... but we shouldn't waste time. Let's go up to the top of this creepy place" Yuri remarked. The others nodded and made their way to the stairs, Jessica felt something wrong and looked up. "Crap! Guys get back!!" Jessica created a giant ice shield to stop the falling swords from impaling her and her friends.

"That was close... good job Sica" Sunny complimented their friend.

"It's nothing... guys be careful, we're not alone" Jessica said.

The 5 of them stayed as a group and watched each other's back to prevent any openings.

"No need to be so tense girls" A voice told Yuri and the others.

"Come out coward!" Sunny screamed.

"Fine" The voice fell down from the ceiling and landed in front of the girls, alarming them.

"Good Evening. I am one of the division leaders, Park Ye Eun or Yenny as my friends call me. You are not allowed to pass until you defeat me" Yenny explained to them.

"Guys... let me handle this" Jessica said.

"No way Sica, allow me" Taeyeon told Jessica.

"Let me, I'll end it quick" Tiffany cut in.

"Guys!! Stop! I'll do it! You guys go up" Sunny yelled.

The rest of the girls were surprised by the short girl's out burst.

"S- Sunny, are you sure?" Taeyeon asked the younger girl.

"I am. Taeyeon, I'm tired of always counting on you guys. I want to show you that I am also part of this team. So just go, I promise I will catch up with you 4. I won't lose."

Taeyeon nodded and turned to the other 3 "you kids heard Sunny, let's go! Sunny- Ah you better catch up to us. We're all waiting for you." The 4 of them started making their way up the stairs to the next floor.

"Uh uh.... sorry can't let you girls pass" Yenny told them. Before she could stop the intercept them Sunny got in front of her and shot a lightning bolt, making her freeze on the spot.

"I'm your opponent" Sunny said and shot another lightning bolt at Yenny, who dodged easily.

 

"Ah.. Lee Soonkyu, a lightning user. Age 17, a new recruit. Your powers are not that developed and you're pretty much the weakest in your group" Yenny started speaking.

 

".... how do you know so much about me?" Sunny asked.

 

"We did our research. We know amongst your group, you're the weakest. Your friends left you here because you're useless. They probably left you here to die. In every team we have the MVPs and then the bench warmers, you're a bench warmer. The pawn, the disposable piece." Yenny continued and looked at the short girl who remained quiet and was glaring at her. "Oh.. I'm sorry.. did I touch a nerve? oh well why are you even here, you're so young and what is Yoona to you anyway? You're a new recruit. Your leader, Taeyeon is really irresponsible. Risking 5 lives for one person." Yenny teased.

 

"Be quiet. You can insult me, but don't you dare insult my friends. We're here to save Yoona because she is one of our own. There is nothing wrong with that!!" Sunny charged at her enemy with lightning building up in the palms of her hands. "I'm going to fry you!!"

 

~~

 

Yuri and the rest of the group were running up the stairs to the next floor. All of them were concerned about Sunny especially Taeyeon, but they know they have to believe in her and move forward.

 

"Is Sunny going to be alright?" Yuri asked Taeyeon, The kid leader looked at her comrades and smiled.

 

"I know she will be. She promised us she will catch up. We have to believe in her." Jessica looked at Taeyeon who was clenching her fist.

 

"You're right Taeyeon, we have to believe in Sunny, besides she's strong. She'll manage" Tiffany said.

 

"I hope so" Taeyeon responded. Sunny you better catch up to us.

 

~~

 

Sunny tried to strike Yenny again with her lightning bolt, but every time Yenny would just dodge it. Yenny is a earth user, which made Sunny weak against her. Yenny lifted boulders up from the group and shot them at Sunny, luckily Sunny is used to training with Taeyeon, so she has gotten accustomed to fighting earth users.

Sunny focused her energy on the soles of her feet, allowing her to travel at super high speed. She and Yenny started engaging in hand to hand combat. Sunny landed a blow on Yenny's stomach, making the other girl kneel on the ground due to pain. The short lightning user used this as a chance to strike again, this time on her face. The punch sent Yenny flying to the wall, crashing harshly and leaving a dent.

"I don't want to kill you. I have nothing against you Ye Eun- ssi. Just let me pass!"

"I guess I have to be serious now" Yenny muttered and 3 giant rock golems sprouted from the ground. The golems 
were very slow, but they packed a punch. One of the golem punched the ground and lifted the boulder that was created from the split on the ground. It threw it at Sunny with super fast speed. The two other golems blocked off Sunny, preventing her from fleeing.

 

"Crap!" Sunny focused her energy on her hands, helping her maneuver in the air and avoid the boulder. Aigo... that was close. I need to be more careful. This girl is dangerous. Sunny suppressed her energy, allowing her to go back down on the ground.

 

One of the golems caught Sunny behind and grabbed her tight. Restricting her movements.

 

"Damn it!!"

 

"Do not struggle Lee Soonkyu. If you do we will have to kill you. Now just join us, or prepare to die."

 

"Hell No!!"

 

Sunny felt a pain in both her arms. The golems were crushing her.

 

"AHH!!!" Tears started streaming down the Bunny's face. The pain was unbearable.

 

"I repeat. Join us."

 

"And I repeat. NO. So go die!!" The anger and pain triggered a resolve in Sunny. Strengthening her. She realized her power levels were raising. The lightning user focused energy on her hand and shot it, completely blowing off the golems' heads. Sunny grabbed the golem confining her and flipped him, follow by shooting a giant lightning bolt at it, turning it into pebbles.

 

"I will never join your side. I would rather die than be a traitor" Sunny told Yenny seriously.

 

Yenny sighed and took out her sword. "I guess you'll have to die then". Yenny lunges at Sunny, who lodges and created a sword of lightning. Her weaponized element collides with Yenny's sending a shock wave in Yenny and causing her to be paralyzed. Yenny neutralizes the paralysis by transporting cells filled with her element to her nevous system. That stopped the paralysis and allowed Yenny to move again.

 

"Can't we just stop? There is no point in fighting" Sunny said in hopes of reasoning with Yenny.

 

"We can't. None of us are allowed to leave until one of us dies!"

 

"That's a bit extreme don't you think?"

 

"Shut up and fight!" Yenny had already become weakened from all the attacks before, Sunny's new increase in power made her even stronger than before. Sunny, feeling pity for the other girl, gathered all the energy into one hand and punched right in the Yenny in the stomach. Causing her to vomit up blood and lie on the floor.

 

"Just kill me now" Yenny said weakly.

 

"I'm here for Yoona, not to kill people"

 

Sunny felt the ground started shaking. "What is going on??"

 

"This room is designed to disappear after one of us loses, the loser dies"

 

Sunny quickly ran to Yenny to help lift her up. She refuses to let someone die for such a reason. "I'll get us out of here. Hold on" Sunny herself was struggling to stand. Her over use of her powers was taking a huge toll on her, plus the golems cracked a few of her ribs and dislocated her left shoulder. Still she was determined to save Yenny.

 

"I don't need your sympathy!" Yenny pushed Sunny to the stairs.

 

"YENNY!!!!!"

 

The wall caved in, Sunny had no choice but to run before it gets to her.

 

"Lee Soonkyu!!! Good luck!" She heard Yenny scream before going up the stairs.

 

".... damn it. I couldn't save her. Yenny I'll avenge you"

 

Sunny slowly walked up the stairs and into the hall way, she was losing blood and consciousness very quickly. Finally her body gave in and she landed on the floor. Crap, I'm... so... tired.

 

"Taengo... I'm coming. Don't worry Yoona... we're here for you"

 

Her eyes were becoming heavier and she became unconscious.

 

~~

 

Yuri and the others were still trying to run up the stairs to reach the next floor. The 4 of them feel as if they have been running for hours non stop and have not made any progress.

 

"I feel like we've been running for hours" Yuri said.

 

"I know right!! Is the exit really there? We run and run, but we don't seem to get any farther." Tiffany replied.

 

"I think the enemy is manipulating the corridors. To purposely make us tired and lose energy" Jessica added.

 

"Guys... Let's stop and think for a while." The exhausted Taeyeon instructed.

 

"Good Idea." The 4 of them stopped running and inspected the area.

 

"Something is definitely wrong..." Jessica said.

 

"What do you mean Sica?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"We walked past this hallway approximately 30 minutes ago. I remember because I scratched this wall to give Sunny directions to where we are... which means" Jessica continued. The other 3 stayed silent to listen to the ice princess.

 

"Our enemy is watching us... he knows what we're doing every second." Jessica finished speaking.

 

~~

 

In another room on the top floor, there was a group of people cloaked. All watching the monitors of the elementists.

 

"They played right into our hands.." A man said.

 

"They'll be in for a surprise soon" Another cloaked man added.

 

"Isn't that right?" The first man asked.

 

"Yoona..."

 

TBC

@Yume-Zatto what time zone are you in? o_o and aww.. you should sleep :\ "Yoona you bastard." LOL Dancing Queen and IGAB are amazing <33 omfg

@shajanie thank you for reading *bows*

@eyelovegg she's IMpatient *gets bricked* sorry that was lame. There goes my dignity OTL SooNa are adorable kids :3

@decimo27 I actually have up to chapter 16 on soshified. I'm just too lazy to post them all up at once LOL XD

@PJShin what happened to Yoona is a surrpise :3 The 2 shikshins LOL and I'm sorry I didn't make them all fight together >< 

@icefire SooNa is cute ^.^ JellyFany!! And er.. no Yuri isn't really a theif type. Theif-types can steal powers however they cannot steal any special user powers. meanwhile Yuri's is more like copying, so she can copy any powers without limitations. 

@haruhiana I always write Im Seobang, idk I can't imagine Yuri as the "guy". She's too girly around Yoona xD And nope, not based on SAW. I have never watched SAW LOL I hate scary/gory movies.. I'm a chicken ><