Chapter 7

Opposing Elements

Chapter 7

We walked for about 3 hours. The pain on my shoulder was unbearable although I was able to close my wound with my flame it was still stinging. I've been putting on a brave face so the others wouldn't be worried. The wimp is still glancing over at me time to time. I guess she's worried about me. Although I don't know why, but she did save me so I guess I should be a little nicer to her. The only thing that worried me more than my wound was that girl in the cloak.

Who is she? What kind of powers does she have? How does she know the order so well? What do they plan on  doing? I was so busy thinking these things I didn't notice we had reached our destination.

"Hello elementists. We  have been expecting you." The man bowed and reached out his hand. Yuri shook it gently.

Sigh.. 

Doesn't she realize that he's asking for the pass code to ensure that we're not fakers? This wimp... aigo.

"Wimp! He's not shaking your hand! He's asking for the password! You're so dumb" I raised my voice and yelled at her.

She looked  hurt and the others were shaking their heads at me. Why did I yell at her? I felt bad, but I just can't help it. I should apologize. I'm probably stressed from the fight earlier. You see there is NOTHING I hate more than losing.

Losing puts me in a bad mood.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood. I didn't mean to yell at you" I looked at her with an apologetic face and pat her head. The others were surprised by my action. They're not used to seeing me being nice or saying sorry. I guess they thought I didn't know what sorry meant.

"I- It's fine. We're all stressed out. Sir, please take Yoona to the infirmary. She's injured." Yuri quickly gave the password and ran inside the building leaving the rest of us confused by the gate.

"Yoona, you didn't have to yell at Yuri" Sica Unnie said.

"Yeah, Yoona, you know Yuri is new to this." Fany Unnie added.

"I'm sorry unnies." I looked down and apologized.

"It's fine Yoong. We're surprised you apologized though. I thought it was against your rule to ever feel sorry" Taeyeon Unnie said with a smirk.

"Well, I'm not a completely heartless person." I responded.

"Excuse me. Ms. Im. You're injured right? Please follow one of our searchers and have them take you to the infirmary"

The man in charge of this allied building told me. He was wearing a long white robe. Had blonde hair and for some reason he keeps his eyes closed. How does he see like this? I listened to him and followed a searcher. Us element users are called elementists or like soldiers. Those who choose to join the order, but without powers are called searchers. They do jobs like finding new recruits, mail letters, cook, clean, accompany elementists on missions and most of them are trained to fight with guns, swords or anything else they can use as a weapon.

"Ms. Im. Please follow me" The female searcher to me.

I followed her and she led me into the infirmary. As soon as I walked in the doctors and nurses were all surprised.

"Im Yoona! Are you okay?" A female doctor rushed to me and made me sit on a bed while looking at my wound. I'm listed as one of the order's most important fighters. It's no surprise that people become concerned seeing me wounded. After all, I'm a valuable asset.  

"I'm fine" I responded.

"Geez. Be more careful. Your wound could be infected. You know you're important in this war. We need you" The doctor continued to lecture me.

"I'll be more careful in the future" I told her.

"You better. Your wound will probably be healed in a week or two. For normal people it might take a month, but you're not normal so it will heal faster than most. Although I suggest you stay in the infirmary tonight" The doctor joked.

"I understand" I laid down on the bed and she left.

"Hey Yoona" I noticed my unnies came into the room. Everyone was there, except Yuri. I actually kinda miss her presence. She's fun to tease.

"Hi Unnies"

"How's your wound?" Sunny asked me.

"They told me it'll heal in a week or two. So I'm good. Although they said I should stay here tonight"

"Okay. I'll tell Mr. James to let us rest here tonight. We'll go home in 3 days. Alright? Just rest" Sica Unnie said.

"Mr. James?"

"The leader of this branch" Fany Unnie answered.

"Oh... uhm.. where's that wimp, uh.. Yuri?" I asked.

"She's in resting room. Why? Worried?" Taeyeon Unnie started teasing me.

"Yeah Yoona, it's weird to see you so worried about someone that's not Sooyoung or yourself" Sica Unnie joined in on the teasing.

"Worried? Me? For that wimp? Feh. As if!" I scoffed.

"Sure Yoong... you're sooo not worried." Sunny Unnie said. I can sense the sarcasm.

"Okay we'll go get Mr. James to give us rooms. Bye Yoong. Feel better" Taeyeon Unnie said and left with the others. I laid on the bed and tried to rest, but I still felt bad for yelling at Yuri. I didn't think she would be that sensitive. 

Normally she would just yell at me back. Was I too mean?

I got off the bed and walked out of the infirmary. My wound wasn't even hurting that much. I searched the lobby and didn't find anyone. I walked to the cafeteria and didn't see anyone either. Where is that girl? I was about to just give and go back to the infirmary, but I saw her walking to the garden. So she goes to talk to plants when she's depressed? 

I should go and apologize.

I walked outside and greeted her.

~~~

Yoona walked outside and greeted Yuri. Yuri only said hi back and then became quiet. Yoona took a seat and sat next to Yuri. Neither of them spoke, instead they were just enjoying the peace and quiet. It was relaxing, especially after today's events.

Yoona glanced at the older girl and saw how solemn she looked. Normally this girl is very active and loud. The doe eyed girl sighed and turned to Yuri to talk.

"Hey, Yuri"

".... yes?" Yuri replied weakly.

"I'm really sorry"

"....."

"I didn't mean to yell at you."

Yuri looked at the younger girl and was confused. One second Yoona is so mean to her. Another she's nice. Why is  this girl so bipolar? Yuri thought.

"Yah.. wimp say something."

".... I forgive you"

"Eh?"

" I said I forgive you for yelling at me. After all we were all tired. And you were in a bad mood. I can understand why you cracked."

"Thanks" Yoona went and pat the older girl in the head.

"How's your wound?" Yuri asked to change the topic.

"I'm fine. It'll heal soon. So, have you tried using your powers again?"

"Yeah. I can use it, but it's not as easy to control."

"I see. Don't worry. You'll get it eventually" Yoona smiled at Yuri.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated me" Yuri said out of the blue.

"We- well... you saved me. I can't hate you"

"Oh.."

Silence fell between the two of them. Suddenly Yoona heard someone call out her name,

"Im Yoona! Just because your wound is healed doesn't mean you should be out of the infirmary!" The doctor that treated Yoona yelled and then dragged Yoona to the infirmary by the ear.

Yuri saw this and started giggling.

"Feel better Yoona" Yuri said and waved goodbye to the girl getting dragged back to the infirmary.

~~~

Meanwhile Jessica and Tiffany were busy eating dinner together. The two of the will be sharing a room again tonight. Their bags are already in the room they will be staying at. Sunny and Taeyeon were busy playing video games to join them for dinner.

"Today was so hectic" Tiffany said to start a conversation.

"Agreed. Who is that girl that hurt Yoona. Even we've never beaten Yoona in a fight before." Jessica responded.

"I know. It's worrying me too. And she wants us to join their side. Psh. Like we will join the dark side."

"Yeah... Tiff do you want to go the training room after we finish eating or just go to sleep?"

"Hm.. lets just go sleep. I'm tired Jessi."

"Yeah. Me too."

The two of them continued eating, but then a few guys came up to them.

"Excuse me. But would you two be Jung Jessica and Hwang Tiffany?" A guy asked.

"Why does it matter to you?" Jessica asked coldly

"Yah.. Jessi! Yes we are. How can we help you?" Tiffany said with an eye smile.

"W- We would like to have your autographs." One of the boys responded shyly.

"Oh... sure!" Tiffany kindly took their books and signed their names.

"Jessi. Sign it too"

"Aigo.." Jessica took the book and also signed it.

"You're our idols! We hope to get powers like you noonas."

"Hah.. that's nice." Tiffany smiled

"We'll leave now... BYE!!" The group of boys left.

"Tiff.. lets go sleep. I'm tired."

"Okay Jessi"

The two of them walked to their rooms. This time the room had separate beds.

"Good Night Tiff"

"Good Night Jessi"

Why do I feel mad seeing Tiff give other people eye smiles? It's not like I own her. Why am I feeling like this for my best friend? Two girls can't be together. I shouldn't be having these feelings.

~~~

Back in the main headquarters for the order. Seohyun was busy training.

"I have to be stronger! I can't be a burden to the Unnies" Seohyun was running across the track field for 15 minutes. When she completed 5 laps she walked to the shooting room. Since she has yet to know if she had any powers she was practicing using real weapons. She took an Ithaca M-37, which is a unique pump-action shot gun and a gun developed by the Americans that was used in the Vietnam war. This was the first time Seohyun had ever held a gun.

She was completely clueless about how to use it.

"Need advice?" A man voice said.

Seohyun turned around while holding the gun.

"Woah!! Woah!! Lesson one even if the gun isn't loading never point it at someone!!" The voice sounded jumpy.

"Oh.. Mianhae" Seohyun bowed and put down her shot gun.

"Hey.. I'm just kidding. Nice to meet you. I'm Jung Yonghwa" Yonghwa reached out his hand and gave Seohyun a smile. Seohyun smiled in return and shook his hand.

"I'm Seo Juhyun, but I prefer to be called Seohyun"

"Alright. Nice to meet you Seohyun. So want advice how to hold the gun?"

"Uhm... sure."

"Okay. First try to aim at that target" Yonghwa point to the specific target. Seohyun did as she was told and fired her gun at the monster shaped target, but missed.

"What? I aimed at the head though!!"

"Tsk Tsk... Not like that. Firing the muzzle up sprays the shot too high. Hold it with a very firm grip and aim for the chest instead. Okay? Now try again" Yonghwa told her.

"O- Okay Oppa" Seohyun got ready to fire another shot. This time she aimed for the target's chest. Yonghwa got behind Seohyun to catch her iin case the recoil is too strong. As expected the recoil pushed Seohyun back a little, but luckily Yonghwa was there to catch her. Their faces were inches apart. The two of them blushed.

Oppa is very handsome.

This time Seohyun's shot was able to blow it's head off.

"Omo!! Daebak!! I did it!! Thank you so much Oppa!!" Seohyun said excitedly and hugged the older man that helped her. Yonghwa blushed at the contact, but smiled in return, He pat the younger girl's head.

"Good job!! You're very smart and a quick learner.. nice"

"Thank you oppa"

"You're welcome. Hey stay here. I'll get you something to drink" He's already taken a liking to Seohyun. He walked to the dining hall to get drinks.

Seohyun decided to practice with other guns. If i try hard enough I might finally get to go on a mission with the 

Unnies. I want to be of use and help them.  

Seohyun took an M14. She tried to aim at another target, but missed it too. Why can't all guns be the same?? It's so  confusing. She tried again and missed again. Seohyun was about to stay using the Ithaca again, but someone got behind her and whispered

"You're wasting bullets... want me to teach you? A cute girl like you holding a gun is quite a y combination"

Seohyun jumped when she felt a man's heart breathe on her neck.

"Kyaaa..."

"Ahahahaha"

"Yah!! Who are you??"

"Aha.. Mianhae..." The man was still laughing at the girls' reaction.

"Hmph!" Seohyun puffed her cheeks and pouted. The man stopped laughing and reached out his hand.

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun." He gave the younger girl a charming smile.

Seohyun blushed at the sight of Kyuhyun. Although she's still annoyed by him, she had to admit he was very cute.

"I'm Seohyun..." Seohyun replied while stuttering and blushing.

"So want me to teach you?"

"S- Sure, but aren't you an elementist?"

"Doesn't mean I can't use weapons. We're human too you know." Kyuhyun teased the girl and grinned. He pretended to be hurt. He found teasing this innocent girl very fun.

"Oh.. mianhae.. I didn't mean to offend you!" Seohyun bowed.

"Aha... I'm just kidding. Anyway for the M14. Pull the lever in the front of the trigger guard. Then pull the charging handle on the right side and fire. Kay?" Kyuhyun instructed.

"Kay" Seohyun did as Kyuhyun said and shot the dummy. She missed by a few centimeters.

"Hmph... I hate this gun!" Seohyu pouted.

"Now Now.. don't say that. The poor gun must feel horrible getting hated by such a cute girl. Here let me help you"

Kyuhyun put his arms around Seohyun and helped. "Okay.. ready?" He asked.

"Y- Yes..." Seohyun was completely flustered seeing Kyuhyun's face so near hers. She fired the gun and this time it hit the target perfectly.

"I did it" Seohyun was surprised that she actually used the gun correctly.

"Daebakk..." Kyuhyun pat the girl's head and gave her a thumbs up.

"Thank you Kyuhyun Oppa" Seohyun smiled.

"You're welcome. It's always a pleasure to help a cute girl" Kyuhyun smirked and started messing up the girl's hair.

"Yah!!" Seohyun screamed.

"Ahaha... you look like the grudge!!" Kyuhyun laughed. A very adorable grudge though.

"Hmph.. lets see how you like it!!" Seohyun went and messed up Kyuhyun's hair too.

The two grudges looked at each other and started laughing.

"Ahem.." The two stopped laughing and looked at the owner of the voice. Kyuhyun was irritated at the person who disrupted his moment. Seohyun was blushing when she realized how weird her hair was. It didn't help that Yonghwa was the person that was looking at them.

"Here Seohyun.. I got you a drink" Yonghwa handed Seohyun a bottle of water.

"Th- Thank you Oppa" Seohyun took a gulp of the water and offered some to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smiled and shook his head. "No thanks. It's yours"

The atmosphere in the room was very awkward. Seohyun was in the middle drinking a bottle of water while her two teachers kept glaring at each other.

"Oh uhm... I'm gonna go and relax a bit. I'm tired from the training. Thank you oppas for helping me learn to use those guns. I wouldn't have been able to use them without you two." Seohyun said hoping to clear the air and got ready to leave, but stopped when she heard Kyuhyun talk.

"Seohyun would like you to have dinner with me?" Kyuhyun asked.

Yonghwa glared at Kyuhyun and cut him off.

"Seohyun- ssi, would you like to go walk around the shopping center with me?" Yonghwa asked.

"Oh.. uh... uhm... I'm just gonna go back to my dorm and rest.. maybe next time Oppas.. Good bye" Seohyun bowed and left the room. Yonghwa and Kyuhyun glared at each other one last time and walked opposite directions.

Seohyun walked into her room and laid down on her bed.

"Sigh..... both of those Oppas are so nice. Is it normal to like two people at once?"

TBC
Wow I wasn't kidding when I said early tomorrow e.e It's 2 in the morning for me right now LOL Hapy Holidays everyone ^.^ SM where is this teaser?? T.T