Chapter 24

Opposing Elements

"GOD DAMN IT SICA, WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS!?"

Yuri was still flying, trying her best to lose the beasts that were following her. She was getting quite exhausted and the energy she is using just to keep herself up was slowly disappearing.

"SHUT UP AND STOP YELLING! And geez, you have your powers remember just try to knock the stupid animals down."

"Oh right.."

Yuri wanted to facepalm herself but remembered that she couldn't waste any time. She had to save Yoona. That's the reason why she got into this mess. 

"GOD DAMN IT YURI, STOP RUNNING AWAY AND FIGHT THE GOD DAMN THING!"

Yuri winced at the loud voice, knowing it was Tiffany and the girl had a point. There was no way she could outrun those beasts, so the only thing she could do was get beaten up and let Yoona get executed or fight the animals head on. Of course the tanned girl chose the latter. Even though Yoona was rude to her in the beginning, Yuri knew that the girl had softened up to her. She didn't blame Yoona for acting the way she did, even if Yuri was the main target of the girl's rude comments. Yuri immediately stopped and turned around, as the beasts caught up to her and the griffin-like beast gave a screech.

"Sica, Fany, if I make it out of here alive with Yoona, I'm coming for you two."

The light user took a breath before looking at the beasts one by one.

'Yuri, what are you doing?!' Lux asked a bit hysterically in Yuri's mind.

'Well, you see I'm sort of going to fight these guys.'

'Are you sure?'

Yuri smiled and mentally gave a thumbs up.

'If it's to save Yoona, I'll give it my all.'

'Finally out of your denial?'

Yuri grunted and stayed silent as she took a peak behind her. The staircase was right behind her, so maybe if she..

'YURI!'

Yuri's attention snapped back to the beasts and she had barely dodged a big claw, gaining her a small scratch on her cheek. She immediately rushed in and gave a punch to it's beak and strafed back.

"Damn it. Gotta pay more attention."

This time the cerberus attack, one of the heads biting down at Yuri but again the girl quickly jumped back and she thanked her training. She definately knew if she didn't want to waste all of her energy, she would have to stick to hand combat. But hand combat wouldn't exactly defeat the three beasts in front of her.  She punched the head that attacked her in the jaw and it immediately backed up in pain.

'Lux, is there any way that I can use my powers to block the staircase entrance?'

It was silent for a moment  until out of nowhere a forcefield was put up.

'Try to keep the forcefield up Yuri-ah."

"Eh?"

Yuri finally reacted and noticed that she wasn't exactly keeping the forcefield up. She didn't even know how she put it up in the first place.

'Yuri-ah, I think you should be running down that staircase instead of standing there like a kid who just saw a stuffed Mickey Mouse toy talk.'

"Oh right."

Yuri quickly sped down the staircase and finally reached level 3. She looked around for any more beast surprises and let out a breath before correcting her posture and uniform and doing her best to act like she was a NU guard.

"What do you think happened that caused an alarm to go off?"

"I don't know, why are you asking me?"

"Do you think someone is breaking in?"

"Why would someone break into NU. That's just stupid."

Yuri rolled her eyes. The guards really are oblivious sometimes.

"Hey you! What happened to your cheek?"

"Huh?"

She touched her cheek and remembered it got scratched.

"Oh, I guess it got scratched.."

Yuri replied bluntly before wiping the blood off her cheek and the NU guard looked at her weirdly before patrolling again.

"Yo Yuri, are you at level 3 yet?" Jessica spoke through the earpiece, almost scaring the living soul out of her.

"Yeah, geez you scared me."

"Sorry about that Yuwree." Tiffany apologized for Jessica through the only source of communication and Yuri smiled.

"It's fine Fany-ah. But anyways, how many monsters are there in this stupid jail?"

"About three or four."

Yuri thought back. The griffin beast, the cereberus beast, and the huge snake.. Wait that's only three..

"I'm pretty sure if there's a fourth one, it's going to be guarding the level 5 staircase.."

Yuri mentally groaned and sighed before walking to the level 4 staircase. When she took a step she immediately felt heavy. 

'I must have wasted a lot of energy flying from them..'

'That and you're still holding up the forcefield.'

'Oh, right."

The girl didn't know how to take down the forcefield and she was slowly losing energy, which was signifigant to saving Yoona. 

'Yuri-ah, just let the forcefield drop, you're quite a distance from them..' Lux explained and Yuri could feel the slight irritation in her voice.

'Um.. About that. I don't know how I'm even keeping it up.' Yuri sheepishly confesses as she moved as much as she could with her disappearing energy.

'Oh my- Just stop and take a breath first.'

 

"Jessi, do you think Yuri will be okay?"

Jessica sighed and turned to Tiffany. Of course she would be worried, Yuri is there best friend, it's only natural.

"If it's saving Yoona, I'm sure that Yuri will do fine."

"How do you know?"

Tiffany met Jessica's eyes and the two stared at each other until Jessica spoke up once again.

"Remember what my Ice oppa and your Fire unnie told us? Lux and Nox were lovers. And from how Yuri took the plan quite well, I think that idiot has some hidden feelings toward Yoona."

Tiffany smiled softly before hugging Jessica. She was still frightened for her friends but if what Jessica said was right, then the two will be fine.

 

'Okay, concentrate on the area that the forecfield is at.'

It was getting harder to stand and if Yuri couldn't bring down her forcefield surely she would collapse.

'Imagine the forcefield and you holding it up.'

She was trying her best to just stand still and breath but her legs were starting to shake.

'Just a little more Yuri..'

'Got it.' Lux mentally gaped at Yuri's speed. Usually it would take herself a bit longer than 5 seconds to actually get the forcefield down.

'Good.'

Yuri's body relaxed and she finally felt normal. Now this was the hard part. Getting to level 4 and finding a uniform. This would take some time and right now time was not the thing they had.

"What is that!?"

'I think our little beast friends are back.'

Yuri groaned before running to the level 4 staircase. She saw that there was a titanium door that needed a code to unlock and she started getting irritated.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

"What the hell, Yuri calm down what's happening?"

"There's a code for the door to level 4!"

It went silent and a guard walked by. Yuri acted normally and just leaned on the wall nearby. The guard gave her a nod and she returned it.

"Well, theres suppose to be a guard in level 3 that has a card to the door."

A different voice was speaking and she felt confused.

"I'm pretty sure he has blonde hair, about Jessica sunbaenim's height."

'Oh that must be the kid we got the uniform from.'

"Okay then thanks."

Yuri had only a couple more minutes until those beasts came so she had to hurry. She looked around for a guard with the same features. 

"Why are those down here!?"

She cursed silently and quickly scanned the guards.. Black hair.. brown hair.. Blue hair? Too short, too tall.. She turned to the left and then remembered something.

'The guy who just walked by me had blonde hair..'

Yuri quickly but silently walked to where the guard was last seen by her and found his back turned to her. She looked at his height and it was definitely around Sica's height. 

'Now how am I suppose to get the card..'

Yuri looked at his belt and found a set of keys and a card on a seperate hook.

'You could try muffling him.'

Yuri thought it over and nodded. She placed her hand over the guy's mouth and nose and a couple of quiet sounds came from his mouth as he struggled. When the guy felt limp, she let her hand go and snatched the card and the keys. She looked at her hand and made a face before wiping the spit on the uniform she was wearing. Before she went to the door, she dragged the guard's unconscious body to a cell and opened the cell door,  throwing him and his keys in there. 

"That should keep him out cold for a while.."

"Wait what? Yuri did you kill someone?"

"No. What? Why would you even think that.."

"Dunno, maybe cause you're getting whipped for Yoona."

"I'm not getting whipped for Yoona and maybe you should stop saying stuff like that before I tell Fany about what you did last year."

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!"

Yuri let out a breath before rushing to the door. She could feel the floor shaking a bit, meaning those beasts were back. She slid that card on the panel and the door opened.. Slower than expected.

"Come on..."

When it was enough for her to squeeze through she slid through the door and slid that card on the panel opposite of the first one to close it. She saw a peek of the beasts before the door closes and she huffed in triumph. Now all she needed was to get a uniform and get past the last monster, and then Yoona would be safe. Well, somewhat safe. She still would need to get Yoona out of the hell hole alive.

Time Left: 21h 4m and 7s

 

CO-AN:  Like it? :/ I'm still a bit confused myself with what's happening here so don't hesitate to give me some criticism. I hope you like this chapter. And if you guys thought that the getting away from the beasts was easy, I can understand that. I thought it was easy and I'll make it up to you with the next chapter<3 ~RainbowBooze