Chapter 4

Opposing Elements

Chapter 4

 

Yuri's POV

 

"Yo... hey... WAKE UP WIMP!!!!!" I heard someone scream and yank my blanket. That annoying voice apparently yanked my blanket off my bed... with me along with it. I fell on my !!

 

I got off the floor and glared at the person that woke me up.

 

"Yah!!! There are other ways to wake up people you know!!"

 

"You're lucky. Next time I'm pouring hot water on your face. Now hurry up we have to go downstairs to discuss the mission."

 

"You are such a jerk"

 

"Whatever... also you have such a weird sleeping habit. You stick your tongue out when you sleep. What are you a frog?"

 

"Who told you to look at me while I'm sleeping??? You creep!!"

 

"Just get ready wimp" Yoona said and walked out the door leaving me alone in our room.


"Hmph... it's only 7 in the morning and thanks to her I'm already in a bad mood." I walked to the bathroom with a change of clothes to take a shower. When I finished I quickly made my way downstairs for breakfast. I saw Sica, Fany, Taeyeon and the rest of them already downstairs and eating breakfast. I noticed Yoona wasn't sitting with them, instead she was at another table with Sooyoung. Thank goodness, I wouldn't want to be in a bad mood so early in the morning. Seeing her rude face would make me lose my appetite. I walked towards the table that my friends were sitting.

 

"Yah. Kwon Yuri! What took you so long? Hurry up and eat your breakfast! We have to go and meet the boss in 20 minutes to discuss our mission!" Taeyeon screamed.

 

I nodded and went straight to eating. I'm not really that hungry in the morning and seeing Yoona so early just made things worse so all I ate were cereal, toast and I drank a cup of milk. I finished really quickly and the 5 of us walked to the direction of the office. Yoona was already there apparently.


When we were at the front door Taeyeon knocked. We waited for him to let us in.

"Come in"

The 5 of us walked inside. I saw Yoona sitting on the chair again. Hmph... Sica, Fany and I sat on the sofa while the two shorties sad on a spinning computer chair.

"Girls are you ready for your mission? It's tomorrow"

"What?? I thought you said it was in 2 days. Why did you change it to tomorrow?" Taeyeon asked. Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona looked surprised. Sunny and I just remained quiet.

"I'm sorry, but some things happened. The enemy is getting there too quickly. So we have to too. Since we are traveling by air. You 6 need to be careful. The enemy can easily pretend to be passenger. You all will have to be on your guard at all times. Do you 6 understand?"

The 6 of us nodded our heads.

"Very good. Okay these are the seating plans. You will be seated in pairs and in the first class department. In the front row will be Jessica and Tiffany. In the middle are Yoona and Yuri and in the back are Taeyeon and Sunny. Any questions or objections?"

Great! No matter how much I try to avoid her. Something always gets in my way. Sigh... No point in complaining.

That's not going to change anything.

"One more thing. You girls please try your best to not use your powers, if you can. We cannot afford to cover up anymore mistakes like this, So please avoid using your powers. Okay?"

The 6 of us just nodded.

"Okay that is all. Please get well rested. Okay you 6 can leave." The 6 of us exited the office and walked to the training room. I just practiced fighting hand to hand combat because my flames seem to be harmless right now.

Yoona was too busy training herself so I was teacher less.

"Hi.. want a sparring partner?" A voice said to me.

"Oh.. hello Sooyoung"

"Hello" She smiled at me. Seriously why would someone this nice be friends with that jerk?

"Haha... Yuri you seem to have forgotten that I can read minds, but thank you for thinking I'm nice"

"Oh right!! You're a mind reader" I blushed realizing she heard my rude thoughts.

"Yeah.. you're funny. And about Yoona, she seems like a mean person, but she's not. I've been friends with her since I was a kid. We were both orphaned at a young age. When we discovered our powers the order adopted us. I was the only person her age, everyone else was older than us, so we got along very nicely. My powers back then weren't that developed and they weren't that strong so I was often bullied. Yoona was nicknamed the genius because she already had very good control on her powers so she protected me. The other people were too afraid of Yoona to bully me. I guess Yoona and I became close friends because I was the only person who didn't find her scary. Other people were just too shallow to see that Yoona isn't just a weapon and back then special users were looked at as freaks. Yoona and I only had each other. Trust me she isn't as bad as she seems. So even if Yoona appears to be mean, please don't think she is always like this,"

".... I see...  Honestly if you weren't such a nice person I wouldn't believe you're talking about the same person I'm rooming with" Who would've thought Yoona actually has a nice side?

"Thank you Sooyoung-ssi" I formally bowed tot her.

"Yuri- yah you don't have to be so formal with me. Just call me Sooyoung" Sooyoung said and smiled at me again.

"Okay.. thank you Sooyoung"

"So Yuri.. you wanna spar?"

"Sure, but I'm not that great at fighting"

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you. Here try to punch me. I won't hit back"

"Okay!" I charged at her with a fist, just as I was inches away from her arm she disappeared, I ended up tripping and falling on my again.

"Yah!! No fair teleporting!!!"

"I said I won't hit back I never said I wouldn't dodge. This is lesson one... no opponent is ever dumb enough to stay still and wait for you to attack. Try to predict their movement. So get up and aim at me again. I'll give you advice, pay VERY close attention to my body movement before I teleport. Alright? Go!"

I got off my and charged at her again. Like she said I paid close attention. Just before she teleported I noticed her left leg moved. Right after that she teleported to the left. Could it be? I charged at her once again and this time her right leg moved and she teleported to the right. That's it! I charged at her a 3rd time and paid close attention to her feet, it was moving to the right.

"Yah!!" I quickly changed my direction and punched her at the right. I successfully landed blow on her left shoulder.

"Ow..." She started rubbing her arm.

"Omo.. I'm so sorry!! I didn't think my punches would hurt." I felt guilty for hurting someone that was trying to help me.

"I'm just kidding. I didn't even really feel your punch." She smiled again.

"Hmph.. what is that suppose to mean??"

"Aha.. nothing... I'm just kidding. Okay next lesson. We're going to build your stamina. Lets go to the track."

The two of us walked to the track field. I noticed Sica and Fany were also running.

"Here.. wear these" She handed me these wrist band like things.

"Put one of both wrists and one per leg"

"Uhm.. okay?" I put them on and I suddenly felt like I was carrying boulders.

"What the hell??? They're so heavy!!" I was struggling to keep my arms up.

"Aww.. come on Yuri, they're not that heavy. I gave you the beginners' ones. Each only weighs 4 kilograms. I'm wearing 10 kg ones. Sica and Fany are also wearing 10 kg ones. Now run 10 laps across the track field"

"4 kg??? 10 laps?? I can barely stand!! How do you expect me to run??" She may be a nice person, but her training is  more evil than the devil and Yoona.

"Oh.. did I mention when Yoona first started training with these she was using 6 kg? I remember those days... cute little 11 year old Yoona" Sooyoung said to me.

I have a funny feeling she's telling me this to give me motivation... and sadly it worked. I refuse to give Im Yoona another reason to make fun of me!! I got up and started running. It felt like death, but I'll manage. After about 4 laps I became more and more tired. 4 laps may seem like a small amount, but if you saw how big the track field was you would think it's amazing a novice like me ran 4 laps with 16 extra kg added. This track is the size of a soccer field so imagine running 360 degrees past a soccer field 4 times.

I stopped running and was panting.

"this.. is... so... hard... Aish... I feel like death" I was trying to catch my breath.

"Yuri!!! Don't give up yet!!" I heard Sooyoung scream.

Suddenly I saw someone in front of me.

"Yo wimp.. giving up so early?" That voice...

I looked up and saw Yoona smirking at me.

"I knew you were weak, but this is just pathetic. Giving up so early... tsk tsk"

"W- Who said I was giving up!! I'm just taking a break"

"I see... I bet you can't even catch up with me. I'm wearing 15 kg ones. If you still can't catch up then you are as weak as I say you are."

"Hmph!! I can!!"

"Okay then prove it." She started running. I caught one last breath and ran after her. I refuse to lose to her!! Even though my legs were tired I was determined to run until I complete all 10 laps.

"Heh.. wimp you're looking worse than usual. Are you sure you don't want to quit? You still have 3 more laps."

"I'm not gonna quit. I'll show you."

"Don't hurt yourself. Wimp"

I looked at her and saw her smiling a bit, but she wasn't looking at me.

Yoona can smile??? What??

We finally finished in 10 minutes. I sat on a chair and was drinking water like I just came back from the sahara desert.

"Yuwree- yah... you did pretty good on your first time!!" There's only one person that pronounces my name in such a heavy american accent.

"Thanks Fany.. but for the last time Yu- Ri, not Yuw- Ree, how do you pronounce it right sometimes but not other times?"

"M- Mianhae Yuri..."

"Yuri- yah, stop making fun of Tiff's accent, you don't see me making fun of you when you say Tippany"

"I'm just kidding, sorry Fany."

"It's fine.. so are you tired?"

"Tired is an understatement"

"Aha.. you'll get used to it eventually. Yeah the beginning was horrible for me and Jessi too."

"I hope so, otherwise I'll die from fatigue."

"You worked out a lot today, maybe you should go rest. Our mission is tomorrow." Jessica told me.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll go shower and go to sleep. I probably won't be eating dinner tonight. My arms and legs feels like spaghetti"

"mmm.... spaghetti... Jessi I want to eat spaghetti!!!"

"Later Tiff"

"No.. I want spaghetti NOW.. N.O.W!! I also want pizza!!"

"Aish... Fany you're a shikshin now? Aigoo... come on lets go eat. Bye Yuri.. see you tomorrow"

"Bye Yuwree!!"

Jessica held Tiffany's hand and the two of them walked to the direction of the dining hall.

I walked back to my room and took a shower. I changed into my pajamas. Even though it was only 3 in the afternoon. I was tired as heck. I crawled into my bed and went straight to sleep.

The next morning I woke up early because we had to get to the airport by 11 am. My body was still sore from all the exercises yesterday. I noticed Yoona was still asleep. She's actually very peaceful looking when she's asleep. I decided not to bother her. I walked towards Sica and Fany's room. I knocked on their door and no one responded. I planned on just going downstairs to eat, but I noticed the door wasn't locked so I opened it and walked in. Jessica was sleeping on the bed near the window while Tiffany was on the other bed near the closet.

Heh... I should mess with them.

I walked towards Fany's bed and..

"Fany!!! Look a cockroach is crawling on your bed!!"

Within seconds of my prank Tiffany jumped off the bed and was hopping around while shaking and screaming like a crazy person.

"Where? Where? Where??? Beolle beolle beolle beolle!! Kyaaaaaah!!!!"

I was laughing like a crazy person!! Fany is so fun to mess with.

"Yah!!! Hwang Stephanie it is too early for you to be screaming!!!" I heard Jessica scream something in english.

"B- But.. Jessi there was a bug crawling on my b- wait a minute... Yah!! Kwon Yuri!!! There wasn't a bug!! You liar!!"

"Ahahahahahaha.... Fany... you're hilarious!!"

"Kwon Yuri!! How dare you disturb my sleep and scare Tiffany!!"

Uh oh... HellSica..

"Guys I knocked, just no one responded."

"Jessi, it's not that big of a deal. Since we're awake we might as well go eat breakfast and get ready for our mission."

"Fine.. Yuri can you wait outside a bit. Tiffany and I need to get ready"

"Okay! I'll go bother Taeyeon" I walked outside and knocked on the short elementist's room. I was surprised when I saw  Sunny opened the door.

"Morning Yuri!!"

"Morning Sunny.... I didn't know you were Taeyeon's roommate"

"Oh she was originally rooming alone, but they put me in here. So why are you up so early?"

"No reason. Hey you guys want to get food?"

"Sure.. Taengooo.... Wake up!!!"

They seem pretty close now. Why did I get stuck with such a crappy roommate?

I walked back to Sica and Fany's room. I saw that they were done and waiting outside for me.

"Okay lets go!"

We already packed most of our stuff for the mission. I ate a light breakfast because it was just too early to eat like a pig.

Plus my arms are still tired from yesterday. I can barely lift my chopsticks.

We had to get to the airport in less than two hours so my friends sent back back to my room at wake up my roommate.

Hmph.. why do I have to wake up that lazy bum?

I got to the left side of her bed and started shaking her.

"Im Yoona.. wake up!! ... Yah!! Wake up you rude, insensitive jerk!!!"

"I'm up!! God.. shut up. I heard your loud irritating voice the first time"

"Then you should've woken up the first time"

"I didn't want to see your face so early in the morning. I was hoping you would leave, unfortunately you didn't."

"Oh shut up. Everything that comes out of your mouth is so rude. Go clean yourself so we can leave."

"Whatever... oh you should get ready too. Go clean yourself up" She got off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

"I already did" I have a feeling she said that on purpose to piss me off.

"You did?? Wow.... you still look horrible!"

That's it!!

I charged at her and tried to punch her at the face, but she dodged it.

"Try again when you learn to fight."  I was too busy being angry that I didn't even notice something important...

My movements became faster than before. I guess my training actually helps.

I met up with my friends downstairs. They were all waiting for me and Yoona.

"Sorry I'm late.. my bum of a roommate refused to wake up!!"

"It's fine Yuri.. so where is your "bum of a roommate" Is she almost ready?" Taeyeon asked me.

"She should be.. aish there she is. I recognize that annoying figure anywhere"

"Hmph... you're not that fun to be around either.. Wimp."

"Jerk"

"Weakling"

"Rude"

"Crybaby"

"Devil"

"Have fun dying on your first mission"

"Have fun seeing how wrong you are about me"

"HMPH" both of us said at the same time.

"Gah!! YoonYul stop arguing!!" Sunny said.

"YOONYUL???" The two of us said at the same time.

"As in me and HER??" We said in unison and pointed at each other.

"Stop copying me!!"

"I'm not copying you!!!"

"Gah!! You're so annoying!!!"

"Omo.. Jessi you see how in sync YoonYul are??"

"I agree with Fany... you two are so in sync." Taeyeon said.

"Perfect for each other" Sunny added.

"Over my dead body" I said,

"That's my line" Yoona said.

"Okay okay you two. Lets get to the airport before we're late!!" Tiffany forced us into the van.

"Jessi those two are so problematic... Aigooo... I feel tired just from watching them argue"

"I know right, but Fany don't you think it's kinda cute? I haven't seen Yoona like this in a long time. It's very rare for her to show that much emotion or argue with someone."

"Aha.. Yuri brings the emotions out"

The two of them stopped talking about me and got inside the van.

I sat with Jessica and Tiffany because I refuse to be next to that jerk. When we got to the airport all 6 of us showed our tattoos and ID cards. The airport security let us pass and we go on our flight. Unfortunately I had to sit next to Yoona.

This is going to be such a long and irritating flight.

The others were sitting in their designated areas to make sure nothing bad happens to this flight. I got so bored just looking outside the window. Suddenly I felt something lay on my shoulder and brush up on my cheek. I looked to my side and saw Yoona asleep on my shoulder.

Do I look like a pillow??

I was about to shrug her off my arm, but I received a text from Jessica.

From: sleepy ice princess z.z

Yuri- Yah... Tiff told me to text you. She said you two are so cute!! Especially how Yoona is sleeping on your shoulder.  Don't wake her up. She stayed up until 5 in the morning because the boss was making her run errands. So she only  had 3 hours of sleep. Naturally she'd be tired. Just let her rest.

Love, Jessica and Tiffany.

Aigoo... why did she have to sleep on my shoulder? She should've just lowered her seat and made a bed. I looked to my right and she was really sleeping. Her face was peaceful, not the usual scowl and rudeness. Her hair was covering her face so I helped her part to the left. Aside from her usual horrible personality, she really pretty, I cannot deny that.

And what Sooyoung said. Maybe she can be nice if she wants to.

I guess this isn't as bad as I thought it would be...

But my shoulder is starting to feel tired. 

I hope she wakes up soon.

TBC