Chapter 26

Opposing Elements

'Where is the warden's office?' Yuri whined and stamped her feet on the ground silently.

'Stop whining and just continue to look for the warden's office if you want to save your Yoona.'

'She's not my Yoona! And why do you want to rescue Yoona so bad?'

'Well, if you want to rescue her, then why should I not want to?'

'Say.. Who is Yoona's power?' 

Note to Lux: Yuri has a short attention span.

'.. Do I have to tell you now?'

'No, but you're gonna tell me later if you don't tell me now.'

'I'll tell you later then.'

Yuri sighed and continued to look around for a door.

'What the hell am I thinking, it's not like that door has a huge light up sign saying Warden's Office.'

'Look again Yuri.'

Yuri gaped when she saw exactly what she had described and facepalmed. In front of her, the words 'Warden's Office' was lit up with blinking red lights.

"Are you kidding me? What kind of person puts a huge light up sign saying Warden's Office in a prison? These people are ed up."

"Wait Yuwree, you're not joking with us right?"

"No! I mean seriously this is some ed up prison."

Yuri groaned but went to the door. At least it made the girl's life just a bit easier.

-

"Jessi! Tell me what you did~"

"N-no!"

Seohyun tilted her head and looked at Sooyoung. Sooyoung shook her head while grinning in amusement.

"Yah get off me!"

"No! Tell me first!"

"I'll tell you Fany."

"NO SOOYOUNG!"

Seohyun looked at Sooyoung and then back at Jessica.

"Tell us unnie, I want to know too."

"Well let's see. We knew Tiffany had lips so-"

"NO!"

"Keep going Sooyoung."

"So we were planning to have someone kiss you in your sleep and-"

"SOOYOUNG I SWEAR"

"Sica volunteered right away and well she stole your first kiss. It wasn't one of those kiddy kisses where you barely touch lips for a second, it was like serious make out. And we don't know if you were awake or not because you were kissing back."

Sooyoung had barely dodged the ice shards thrown at her and she gave a grin to all of the girls before teleporting to God knows where. Jessica looked at Tiffany who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"T-Tiff?"

Tiffany arched her eyebrow and looked at Jessica.

"Hmm?"

"U-um. Nevermind.."

Tiffany nodded and went back to her thoughts.

'Surprisingly, it sort of makes me happy that my first kiss was taken by Jessi.'

-

Yuri opened the door to the Warden's Office silently and looked in. The warden was writing something on a slip of paper but raised his head when Yuri stepped in.

"What is it? I did not call for anyone."

Yuri closed the door behind her and locked the door.

"Did you hear me!?"

"I heard you loud and clear sir."

"Then why are you not getting out?!"

"Because I have something to say."

"Well go on!"

Yuri walked over to the Warden's desk and he looked at her confused.

"Good night."

Yuri sent a jab to his neck and he immediately became unconscious.

'Yuri.. Where did you learn how to do that?'

'Dunno.'

'I think you're getting too serious trying to save Yoona.'

'I have to be serious to save Yoona.'

Yuri search the unconscious Warden's body but could not find the key she was looking for.

"Damn it where is the stupid key?"

Yuri rummaged through the desk drawers only to find papers and pens.

"Ugh! Where the hell is the key!"

The dark toned girl looked in the book shelves and even in plant pots but still couldn't find the key. Yuri looked back at the desk and inspected it, looking for maybe a secret shelf or anything that could hint where the key was hidden.

"Yuri, did you get Yoona out of there yet?"

"Damn it Sica, you would know if I got her out of this hellhole."

"True, but anyway, how much progress are you making?"

"I'm looking for the ing key! I can't find it!"

"Oh."

"Sorry, Yuwree, Jessi's sort of super stupid at the moment."

"I can tell."

Yuri spotted a square carved into the desk and tilted her head.

'Push it in or something.'

'Oh. Right.'

Yuri pushed square and another one popped out.

"Um.."

"What?"

"There is this little button thing and well.. I don't know how to work it."

"Keep pressing it?"

Yuri shrugged and did as told. She pushed the smaller square and kept doing it until the square's outline lit up with a white color.

"What the.."

The square was moved aside and the key was stashed safely in the small space.

"FINALLY!"

Yuri took the key and went back to the Warden, tying him up with his jacket.

"Hopefully he won't make that much noise."

'Yuri go to that closet over there.'

'Why?'

'What's the best way to hide something?'

'In plain sight.'

'I'm pretty sure there are uniforms in there. Maybe you can get something to cover Yoona's face and you can get her out of there easier.'

'Ohhhh. I get it.'

Yuri walked over to the closet and opened one of the drawers. Inside were the shirts and vests. Yuri took one of the shirts and vests before opening another drawer, pulling the trousers and belts out.

'Grab the hat.'

Yuri did as told and grabbed the hat before walking to the door. She took a glance at the Warden before walking out and locking the door. She walked back to where the two guards were stationed and gave them a blank look.

"Warden told me to replace your positions."

"Now?"

"Yes."

"Ah, okay then. Thanks for letting us know buddy."

Yuri gave the two a curt smile and they walked away, oblivious to the obvious lie that Yuri had told them.

"Wow these guards are stupid eh?"

Yuri looked into the cell and nodded.

"So did you find a way to get me out of this uncomfortable hell yet?"

"Yeah.."

Yuri took out her key and unlocked the cell door before stepping in and closing it. Yoona gave her a weird look and Yuri handed her the uniform.

"Put these on."

"I'm not changing in front of you."

Yuri blushed and glared at Yoona.

"I didn't say anything about me watching you."

Yoona smirked and Yuri walked back out the cell. She looked at the set of uniform in front of her and shrugged before quickly changing into the uniform.

Yuri was getting a bit impatient and peeked into the cell and saw Yoona topless and only wearing a bra. Here eyes glanced at the girl's toned stomach and Yoona looked at the cell door, catching the girl peeking on her.

"You're a ert."

"W-w-what?"

Yuri's face turned a deep red and Yoona smirked.

"You can look, but no touching."

"Oh no not with this stuff again.." Yuri groaned and looked away from Yoona, who still had a smug look on her face.

'You're still in huge denial Yuri.'

'Shut up. I have no feelings towards that brat.' Lux knew that Yuri was denying it. But it's best to keep Yuri satisfied and happy for now.

'Whatever you say.'

Yuri was getting agitated now. The mass teasing of her having any type of romantic feelings towards Yoona was over the top. She thought it over and blushed. Maybe it had some truth in it.

"I'm done now."

Yoona walked over to the cell door and Yuri opened it for her.

"Try to keep your head down."

"Whatever."

Yuri was a bit irritated that Yoona was still a bit harsh, even after she had gone through this crazy prison just to get her out.

"Can you at least be a bit grateful? I risked my damn life trying to get out of this prison and you're here being so damn harsh."

"You didn't need to rescue me."

"Yes. I did."

"Why? Because everyone else told you too? You're so weak you can't even refuse something like this!"

Yuri's resolve snapped and she dragged Yoona to the Warden's office and pushed her in.

"Do you think I'm such a bad person? Do you think I'm so weak that I can fall for tricks easily? Do you seriously think that I don't care? , you might have been some mean person when we first met, but you've saved me before and I can tell you care also! I'm doing this for my friends but also for your sake!"

Yoona was startled by the outburst as she stared at Yuri, who was seemingly fuming and giving her a death glare. The fuming girl's head throbbed and she felt her body burn. She crouched down and groaned while grabbing her head. 

'Now is not the time for this to happen! Calm down Yuri, or else you'll get hurt even more.'

'W-what's happening?'

'You let your anger take over Yuri.'

Yoona looked at Yuri worriedly and noticed a dim white light surrounding the girl. Yoona crouched next to Yuri and rubbed the girl's back while apologizing.

"L-look, I'm sorry. I didn't know, it's just I didn't expect you to actually come and save me okay? Just calm down. Now's not the time for us to get mad at each other. I'm sorry, really."

Yuri heard the sincerity in Yoona's voice and tried her best to calm herself down. The pain she felt all over her body lessened and and took a deep breath before leaning on Yoona. The light user's head still throbbed slightly but the burning sensation on her body had completely stopped. Yoona was still shocked about what happened but helped Yuri up.

"Come on, I think we need to get out of this place."

"R-Right."

Yuri straightened herself but turned around when she heard someone groaning. Yuri looked back at the Warden, who was waking up and she walked over to him.

"Did you have a nice nap?"

"W-what the hell? Untie me you prick!"

"What's the fun in that?"

Yuri tilted her head before turning to Yoona who walked over to the Warden.

"Y-You're that elementist! The one that is suppose to get executed!"

"Right you are, now please shut up."

Yoona punched him in the face and Yuri snickered.

"I almost feel bad for him."

"Almost."

Yuri looked at the Warden's wrists and saw a bracelet on it.

[Flashback]

"Anyway, Yuri, back to your question earlier. Yes, MONSTERS. The head jailers and wardens all have element powers and they have the ability to summon their familiars." Jessica explained.

"I thought you said powers don't work there except for mine!" Yuri yelled.

"It doesn't, but the order isn't THAT stupid. They developed this special bracelet for element users in NU that has a magnetic field able to repel the stones in NU that cancels powers. Only those working there have it though, which is why Soo, Tiffany and I don't have any."

"Well.... that " Yuri sighed.

[Flashback End]

"Aha!"

Yuri took off the bracelet and turned to Yoona.

"Let me see your wrist."

"Why?"

"Just hold it out you brat."

Yoona grunted and held out her wrist. Yuri put on the bracelet and let go of Yoona's wrist. Yoona looked at the bracelet with a curious expression and turned to Yuri for an explanation.

"Those bracelets allow you to use your powers."

"Oh.."

-

"I wonder if Yuri found Yoona yet.."

"Idiot, just ask her."

Jessica sent a glare to Sooyoung, who just teleported back to them a few moments ago, and Tiffany sighed before rubbing the icey girl's back.

"Calm down Jessi."

Jessica nodded and waited for Yuri to say something into the mic. Seohyun arched her eyebrow while looking at Tiffany. She couldn't really read what was going in her mind, because one, that is disrespectful and two, she's still new to her powers. But she knew that something big was going on in the older girl's head and it was making the maknae extremely curious.

"Tiffany unnie, what are you thinking about?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I'm not reading your thoughts or anything, but I can seriously feel your mind being jumbled up."

Sooyoung nodded in agreement, because she too can feel the mass amount of emotion coming from Tiffany. Jessica turned to Tiffany and stared in curiosity.

"I'm just thinking about what would happen if we do get Yoona out. What is everyone else going to say? What if we get attacked, not by our enemies, but our allies?"

Sooyoung and Seohyun fell for the very well thought lie, which was partly the truth, but Jessica saw how Tiffany rubbed strands of her hair while talking, signaling that she was lying.

'I guess I'll ask her about it later.'

-

"Why don't you need a bracelet?"

"Because my power is the opposite of yours and my power is also considered the guardian of this order."

"Oh."

Yuri continued to walk Yoona out of Level 5 NU, but a yell caught her attention.

"There she is! The intruder and the escapee!"

"Oh."

"My."

"GOD!"

Yuri grabbed Yoona's hand and hurriedly pulled the girl, dashing for the titanium door that was somehow extremely far away from them.

"Hurry! Grab them before they escape!"

"Yuri, did yo-"

"Now is not the time Sooyoung, escaping from guards at the moment, haha."

Yuri's sarcastic answer almost made Yoona snort in laughter. How can the girl still be surprisingly sarcastic at a time of crisis?

"Shoot it!"

'Wait. Shoot what?'

Yuri glanced back and her eyes widened when she saw an extremely bright and large ball of what seemed to be fire hurling towards them.

Almost like second hand nature to her, she immediately brought up a quick force field, bringing it down when the fire dissipated. Yoona brought up a dark wall to make more time for them as they ran again, not caring about about the noise from the guards trying to destroy the wall sounded.

Eerily, it reminded them about how powerful they were.

They stopped at the titanium door and Yuri quickly took out the two key cards and swiped them down the panel while Yoona made a stronger wall. When they stepped in the door Yoona almost froze.

"Yuri."

"Yes?"

"Is that a dragon?"

Yuri nodded and walked past it, Yoona following behind but strangely the dragon looked at her and opened it's mouth, fire starting to form.

"What.. the.."

", run!"

They dashed up the stairs as the dragon followed, ready to breathe it's fire at them.

"You're in their uniform though!"

"Well, the dragon, I'm pretty sure it was the same one, saw me when I was being put in this hellhole so.."

"Are you.."

Yuri didn't finish her sentence as she yelped when she felt her boots being singed. It was just a minor damage but it was still burning hot.

"No, if you think we are going to ride the dragon out, forget it. This is not Harry Potter."

"I wasn't even thinking about it anyway!"

Yuri turned around when she heard a rumble from the dragon and brought up a forcefield again.

"What do you think we should do?"

"Well what else? We have to fight it."

Yuri nodded and tended to the forcefield while Yoona prepared herself. This was going to take a very long time.

-

"Unnies!"

Sulli and Krystal ran to them, along with Boa, who had a distressed face on.

"What's happening?"

"Yoona and Yuri unnie, they managed to get out of the cell but NU security found out about them. They're being hunted down!"

Tiffany's eyes got dark and Sooyoung clenched her fist. Jessica sent a look to Seohyun and the girl understood. She had to keep her eyes on Sunny and Taeyeon's condition.

"Well. Sooyoung, Tiffany, Jessica. Ready to fight for Yoona's freedom?"

The three of them nodded and Tiffany held out her hand, Boa, Sooyoung, and Jessica doing the same.

But what surprised them even more was that 4 more hands were placed on theirs. Sulli, Krystal, Seohyun and another girl joined in.

"I'm friends with Sulli and Krystal and well.. I just want to help you guys fight. I'm Luna by the way, a phantom type."

The older girls shared a look and smiled before nodding.

"Seohyun, before you go check on Sunny and Taeyeon, mind gathering some people to help?"

Seohyun nodded and rushed off to find help.

"Alright guys,"

Jessica looked back at their small group.

"We're going to need as many people as possible to help us. Ready for this?"

Everyone nodded and they separated. Tiffany slipped her hands into Jessica's grasp and while everyone else was busy figuring out a quick plan, she pecked Jessica's cheek. Jessica looked at Tiffany confused and Tiffany winked before joining the girls on creating a plan.

Time left: 16h 03m and 07s

 

CO-AN: YEAHHHHH finally a new chapter. i wanted to add luna into their little group of rescuers cause guys, what kind of plan is awesome without luna as the phantom type elementist, AND what kind of plan is awesome without three f(x) elementists?! anyway, i hope you're satisfied. its gonna get interesting soon ;)