Chapter 23

Opposing Elements

I know I know. My own horrible update speed is starting to piss me off too :( Thank you to the readers who are still sticking with me. And Happy Birthday to Tiffany! 

Chapter 23

Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung all got up around 10 in the morning while Yuri woke up a bit earlier. Although they had plenty of time to sleep, none of them really could sleep because of all the stress they were under. Yuri was the most stressed because she was the one who needs to steal an outfit. 

The gang all got ready and walked to the cafeteria at around 10:50 because most guards start their lunch period at 11. 

"Sica. Who are the guards?" Yuri whispered from their table while Jessica was drinking her coffee calmly.

"The ones wearing brown are the lowest ones, Level 1. The ones in red are level 2. The ones in blue are level 3. I don't really see the other 2 colors, but if i remember correctly, white is level 4 and black is level 5. Oh that one in red is the one who has a crush on me." 

As soon as Tiffany heard this, she looked up to see who had a crush on her best friend. The flame user saw a beautiful, young girl with brunette hair and a beaming smile. The girl was laughing and telling jokes; everyone around the table was laughing with her. Tiffany felt her hatred for the girl diminish as soon as she saw the cheerful and kind aura around the young girl. She slumped down on her chair and sighed, something that did not go unnoticed by Jessica. The blonde turned to her best friend and gently tapped her hand with her finger to get the girl's attention. The younger lifted her head and looked at her best friend. The latter was giving Tiffany a confused expression by raising her eyebrow and cocking her head to the right as if asking 'What's the matter?'

Tiffany simply assured Jessica by shaking her head and giving a weak smile. Jessica nodded and turned her head back to the table, but was still very concerned about her friend. 

'I don't know what's wrong either Jessi. I feel so angry thinking that someone likes you. But when I saw how the girl seemed to just have an innocent crush, I felt pathetic. I'm getting worked up over something like this. What's wrong with me? You're cool, strong and beautiful, it should be expected that people will like you.' The eye-smile girl thought to herself. 

"So Sica. What's the girl's name?" Sooyoung asked.

"Park Sooyoung." Jessica replied.

"Well she's cute… why didn't you go for it?" The psychic user joked but then cried out in pain when she felt someone kick her under the table. Yuri, Jessica and Seohyun looked at the head officer weirdly while Sooyoung rubbed her knee and glared at the culprit, an angry, pouting Tiffany. The second youngest decided not to push any further and just went back to eating. 

"Anyway she's kinda too young for me anyway" The ice princess answered.

"Hm? How old is she? I thought she just looked young." Yuri asked.

"She's 4 years younger than me. I'm 18, I'd rather not date a kid."

"Ah..." Yuri and Sooyoung responds.

"Can we change the topic???" Tiffany whispers harshly and slams the table, startling everyone. 

'What's wrong with her today? Is it that time of the month already?' Jessica asked herself while staring at the girl weirdly. 

"So... Yuri Unnie, whose outfit will you be stealing?" Seohyun asked to get back on task.

"...." The light user thought hard for a second and then smirked at Jessica. The ice user put down her caramel coffee when she felt weird stares and saw Yuri smirking at her. The blonde knows the black pearl very well so if she's smirking, Jessica knows something is up. It took a while before the dense American finally got it.

"No. Way." Jessica answered shortly and crossed her arms. 

"Come on Sica! At least make my life easier! I'm the one that has to go into that prison later." Yuri begged and pouted.

"No."

"Yes."

"Too bad."

"Do it!"

"Kwon Yuri!"

"Jung Jessica!"

"...."

"...."

The two stared at each other, while the other 3 watched them curiously. Jessica stopped glaring at her friend and mustered up a groan.

"Fine!" Jessica murmured and sat down.

"Can someone fill me in?" Tiffany asked. Yuri grinned at her friend and gave a peace sign.

"Oh!! I get it!" Seohyun said out loud when it finally hit her.

"Get what?" Tiffany asked. Sooyoung didn't need to ask because she already read the minds of the ice and light user. Seohyun's powers are still a bit hard for her to control at will. 

"Yuri Unnie wants Jessica Unnie to go over there, get Park Sooyoung alone, and then steal her outfit!" 

"Bingo! That's our clever maknae" Yuri clapped.

It took a while for that to click into Tiffany's head, when she finally absorbed what Seohyun said she looked at Jessica who was slamming her head against the table,

"Jessi!! What are you going to do to that kid???" Tiffany screamed.

"Wh- What do you mean by that?! I'd rather not get arrested! Of course I'm not going to do much!" Jessica yelled back. 

"Yah! Sica just go! Their lunch break is about to end!" Yuri pushed Sica to the table.

~~

Jessica awkwardly walked to the table and tapped on her victim target's shoulder. The young girl turned around and instantly blushed.

"H-Hi Jessica Sunbaenim." Park Sooyoung got off her seat and bowed.

"Just call me Jessica. And do you go by any other name? I have a friend named Sooyoung so it's kind of confusing."

"Ah uhm... people call me Lizzy"

"Lizzy? Cool. So Lizzy I want to talk to you for a second. Is that okay?"

"O-Of course!"

The ice princess and the teenager made their way out of the cafeteria. Two pair of eyes followed the 2 of them very closely. One was Tiffany; the other was a tall blonde who kept glaring at Jessica.

~~

"Is there anything you want to talk to me about?" Lizzy asked the older girl. 

"Nothing really. So how are you doing? You've gotten taller than the last time I saw you."

"T-That was 3 years ago. Of course I've gotten taller." Lizzy stuttered.

"You've gotten much prettier and cuter too" Jessica whispered into Lizzy's ear seductively. The truth was Jessica felt nauseated by her own words. Of course Lizzy is definitely pretty and cuter, but the ice user just didn't feel any attraction for her. 

Jessica groaned and surprised Lizzy by pushing her against the wall.

"W-What? Unnie?" Lizzy started getting scared.

Jessica stared at younger and whispered into her ear.

"Strip"

Lizzy's eyes widened from the order and tried to push Jessica back, but the older was too strong. 

"You like me right? Then you should have no problem stripping for me." Jessica said and roughly pushed Lizzy against the wall while slowly ing the girl's outfit. Truthfully she felt disgusted with herself for forcing the younger like this. Suddenly she felt someone's presence and dodged 3 shards of ice that were flying towards her. 

'Ice?'

"What do you think you're doing Jung Jessica?" A voice coldly asked Jessica. The blonde looked up and saw a beautiful, tall girl with a cold stare and a blue outfit. 

"J-Jin!" Lizzy cried and ran into the girl's arms. The girl held Lizzy tightly and glared at Jessica.

"You won't get away with this Jung Jessica."

"W-Wait! I'm sorry! Please hear me out!" Jessica shouted.

The girl, Jin, looked at her frightened friend for assurance and Lizzy slowly nodded. The tall blonde sighed.

"Fine. Talk."

"I don't want to cause trouble. I just want to save my friend, Im Yoona."

"The one that's going to get executed?"

"Yes. Please. I really meant no harm. The only way we can save Yoona is by stealing a uniform. I'm truly sorry" Jessica apologized and bowed.

Lizzy's eyes softened and stared at the girl with tears in her eyes, meanwhile the tall blonde was scratching her hair and trying to figure out what to say. Lizzy surprised both of the blonde, ice users when she started taking off her uniform. The other guard quickly turned red and shouted.

"Sooyoung-ah! What are you doing?!"

"I'm going to help Sica Sunbaenim."

"You want to show your body to everyone?!!"

"Of course not! I have clothes and shorts underneath too!"

"Aish! Why are you so nice?! Im Yoona is a convict!"

"I know that! But she's not a bad person! She saved me! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be alive today!"

"... fine!" 

Jessica saw Lizzy hand her outfit to her and giving her a bright smile.

"Good luck Unnie."

"T-Thank you." Jessica mumbled and ran away with Lizzy's clothes. The blue shirted girl stared at her friend, obviously pissed.

"She touched you." The taller girl groaned and pouted.

Lizzy chuckled and hugged the tall blonde girl.  

"Are you jealous?"

"No."

"Liar..." The shorter brunette laughs and pecks the girl on the lips.

"I only like Im Jin Ah okay?"

~~

"Here!" Jessica throws the outfit at Yuri's face.

"Gack! Yah Sica!" Yuri complained.

"You have no idea how much I trouble I had to go through to get this! If you don't save Yoona you can expect to wake up in the bottom of an ocean or in a frozen tundra!" Jessica threatened and Yuri quickly shut up.

The black pearl ran into the bathroom and quickly changed while Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung were weirdly inspecting Jessica.

"What's wrong with you three?" Jessica asked with her blank expression.

Tiffany suddenly got really up close and started sniffing the older girl, making her confused and flustered.

"Fany-ah. What are you doing?!"

Tiffany stopped sniffing Jessica and looked up at the older girl with a pout.

"You smell like that girl!"

"Huh?!"

~~

Yuri walked out of the bathroom with her outfit and saw Jessica with a light bruise on her face.

"What happened to you?"

"Don't ask" Jessica replied.

"Well 'my' break is over. I guess it's time to go back to 'work' right?" Yuri asked.

The rest nodded and Seohyun handed Yuri an earpiece.

"This will help us stay in touch."

"Got it. Thanks guys!" Yuri smiled.

"You better save Yoona" Sooyoung says.

"I will." 

Yuri ran to join the other guards in NU.

~~

The black pearl was in the entrance for the prison and she was surprised by how it looked. It was from a secret passage and the outer exterior looked like a medieval castle. Just as Sica described, as soon as she entered the prison, she was in level 1. There were cages that stretched for kilometers. These are the weaker criminals of the world who are just stronger than the average human. Yuri was able to walk around nicely without being caught. She quickly made her way onto level 2 and was surprised by a giant griffin looking like creature.

'What the hell??? Did I step into Hogwarts?!'

The beast walked towards Yuri and started sniffing the black pearl.

'Dear god! Please don't eat me! I really hope this thing picks up Park Sooyoung's scent and not mine!'

The griffin moved back and suddenly started screeching! 

"This can't be good!"

Suddenly alarms rang on the floor and lights flashed. 

'Argh!! This stupid winged monster!!' Yuri made a quick break for it and tried to run to the staircase that led to level 3.

'Yuri! What's wrong! It's so loud on your side!' Tiffany asked through the earpiece. 

"This stupid giant bird sniffed me and started screaming like bloody murder!! I'm trying to make a break for it into level 3." Yuri shouted.

'Well run quickly Yul!!' Jessica ordered.

"You don't need to tell me the obvious!" The light user ran as fast as she could but suddenly bumped into something fluffy.

"Ow.." Yuri got off and dusted herself. She was jaw dropped when she saw what she bumped into. There, in front of her, was a giant beast with 3 heads. And from the looks of it, our unfortunate heroine just woke it up from a nap.

The beast yawned and snarled its fangs.

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!" Yuri shouts and runs for her dear life.

'Is that Cerberus?? ASDFGHJKL: AM I IN HELL RIGHT NOW? NO THIS IS WORSE THAN THAT!!'

In the control center of the prison, the guards could hear the giant commotion happening in level 2. 

"Guards. What's happening down in level 2? It's so loud" A man asked through a mic.

"We don't know. The beasts suddenly started going crazy." A jailer replied.

'What's going down at level 2?' The head of the command center asked himself. He thought for a second and the pressed on the intercom.

"Attention all jailers in level 1, 2 and 3. Please remain vigilant. And I will dispatch some more guards into level 2"

Yuri heard this and wanted to just cry from frustration.

'Yuri-ah. Relax. You can use your powers here you know.' Lux said.

"I know that Unnie! But this is just ridiculous!"

'Well heads up. Your 3-headed friend is back, and he brought his friends'

"I am so not getting eaten today!" Yuri screamed and sprouted wings as she started to fly away, of course the beasts were following her.

"SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS CRAZY PLACE!!!!!"

~~

Yoona was in her cell staring at the ceiling as she heard loud, rumbling noises from the floors above. For some reason, these sounds were making her feel uncomfortable.

"It seems someone has infiltrated Nu" A guard outside said.

'Who would want to break into this place?' Yoona thought.

"Im Yoona, if this is one of your tricks then give up. You're good as dead anyway." The guard outside said.

Yoona stared at the man and gave him the middle finger.

"I'd rather be dead than locked up here anyway"

Time Left: 23h 34m and 11s

TBC

This chapter was going to be much shorter, but I pushed myself >< I tried my best! Thank you all for sticking with me. *bows* Thank you to all my subscribers, upvoters, commenters and even my silent readers. *bows* I'm really sorry I fail as an author. I wouldn't blame you guys if you forgot what my story was about. I almost did too. For those who don't know. Park Sooyoung and Im Jin Ah are After School's Lizzy and Nana. I started getting into them so please check out my new NaLiz, JeTi, JooEE, JungHi and YoonYul story. #shameless XD Story

@ DKamii thank you! 
@ tinajaque I'm glad you guys like this plan more ^.^ 
@ YukiH15 aha.. that's a good thing right? XD
@ lazyJeTilazy I'll try to update soon. And a lot more JeTi in this chapter.
@ 120530 Well I used to really like anime a lot :3
@ misaio I always make JeTi's relationships slow xD 
@ AsukaEnergetic don't kill me ; n ;  
@ JeTiLoveJeNy aha. 2 months wasn't that long a wait right? xD 
@ alpha678 I'm a genius? O: OMG thank you! LOL I'm not. 

Happy Birthday to Hwang Miyoung! My pink loving, bug hating, eyesmiling angel from Soshi!