Chapter 25

Opposing Elements

Yuri walked down the staircase in an average speed. She felt some of her strength coming back after the massive use of energy she used to somewhat fight off the beasts. 

"Damn. How long is this staircase?"

Yuri sighed and continued to walk down, thinking of a way to get a uniform from the guard and trying to guess what type of beast she was going to deal with next.

-

"What did you do last year?

Jessica nervously laughed and looked over to Sooyoung for some help. The head officer just shook her head and grinned. 

"N-nothing! It was just a dare."

"What a bad lie. Sica, you volunteered to do it right after you heard about it."

"Shut up!"

Tiffany raised an eyebrow at the two girls and looked at Seohyun, who looked seemingly interested in what the older girl did last year.

-

Yoona sat on the uncomfortable bed and sighed. The loud footsteps were heard in every one of the cells and to Yoona, they were getting extremely annoying. She ran her hand through her hair and laid down, her arms behind her head. What should she think of that could keep her awake for a while. Even if she was tired, she wanted to see who was the one breaking into NU and why they decided to break into this God forsaken place. Her mind wandered off and she started to think about Yuri. The girl seemed extremely weak at first, but over the months she had been improving at an amazing pace. She was fun to mess with but Yoona didn't understand why she was so interested with the older girl.

"God damn it! Did they catch the intruder yet?"

"Not yet sir."

"If any of these inmates get out, you will immediately lock the doors out of here, understand?"

"Yes sir."

'Idiots. They can't even catch an intruder. Even with their stupid beasts.'

-

Yuri finally reached the titanium door at the end of the staircase.

"Yah Sica, I don't want to let out any of these criminals, just Yoona."

"And?"

"How the hell am I suppose to do that!?"

"There is a warden who has a card that can open any of the cells, but he's at Level 5. Just get that card somehow and I'm sure you can figure the rest out somehow."

"Okay then, thanks."

'Now to get a set of uniform..'

Yuri slid the down the panel and let it open. She hid to the side when she heard footsteps come near the door. The guard had stepped in with a confused face and as the door slowly slid closed, Yuri punched him in the face knocking him out immediately. She held her hand and gritted her teeth in pain.

'That wasn't suppose to hurt that much..'

After the door had fully closed, Yuri began stripping the guard of his uniform. She thanked God that he was wearing an undershirt and shorts under his uniform, or else, it would have been an awkward sight.

"Wait.. What color is the Level 4 uniform?"

"White."

"What's the color of the Level 5 uniform?"

"Black."

Yuri looked back at the uniform and noticed the color was not white, and instead it was black. At least she had the uniform problem figured out. She switched uniforms quickly and dragged the unconscious guard to the side, out of direct sight.

'Maybe you should try to see if he has a card. If Level 4 had a locked door, I'm pretty sure Level 5 does also.'

'Oh yeah, that's smart.'

Yuri looked at the belt she was wearing and saw keys and two cards. Taking out two birds with one stone.

'So now we just need to deal with the last beast right?'

'Yeah, but I'm guessing it's an extremely strong one.'

Yuri groaned and folded the uniform that she had taken off before putting it in a small bag that came with the Level 5 uniform. She unlocked the door again, walking into Level 4. She saw extremely strong criminals watching her as she walked by their cells. She wondered what they did to gain their place in this disgusting place.

"Hey you!"

Yuri turned to face a guard who had called her and when she did, the guard immediately had a small look of fear on his face.

"A-ah, I apologize ma'am. I thought you were a Level 4 guard we were looking for.."

"Well, I'm not. And I hope you see that the uniform I'm wearing is specificly for Level 5 guards, and not Level 4."

"I-I apologize, please excuse me."

Yuri nodded and walked forward, letting out a small sigh.

'Wow. Nice going, you actually sounded like a guard.'

'Thanks.. I guess?'

"How's the job going Yuwree?"

"I really don't understand how you can't say my name right. But anyway, I'm doing fine right now. I got a Level 5 uniform from a guard so I already took care of that problem."

"Nice. So anyway, we asked Sooyoung-ssi about anything she knew about the beast in Level 5 and well.."

"What? What is it?"

"It's a dragon."

Yuri almost yelled out in instinct but calmed herself.

"Are you joking?"

"Nope, but that's not all. She said that the dragon was very.. Obedient? Yeah obedient of guards with Level 5 uniform and unlike the griffin, it can't sniff anyone's scent since it had an accident with it's nose or something."

"Oh. Okay then, thanks for the information."

Yuri had managed to get halfway to the locked door until red lights started to flicker.

"Attention, the intruder is still on the loose. We are still investigating Levels 1,2, and 3. Levels 4 and 5 need to be extra careful."

'Damn. I'm guessing they haven't found out the knocked out guards yet..'

"Hey, do you think the intruder is still alive?"

"Probably not."

Yuri rolled her eyes, but still continued to head to the door.

"Hmm, I wonder how long until that intruder is caught.."

"Probably not long. There's a reason why they are still checking Levels 1,2 and 3. It means that they are sure that the person who broke into this hellhole is still in the first levels."

Yuri wonders if they picked oblivious guards on purpose? Maybe not. They probably picked them because they have some sort of brute strength. Yuri had finally reach the door after some time and saw two panels.

'Ah, that's probably why I have two cards instead of one..'

Yuri got the cards out and swiped one in each of the panels before waiting for the door to open. The door opened in a faster speed and in about ten seconds, Yuri stepped in and closed the door from the other side.

"Damn it~"

Yuri whined as she saw more steps.

"I don't want to walk down more of these torture steps!"

'Too bad Yuri.'

Yuri huffed and decided to just run down the stairs and pray that she did not trip.

-

"Damn. They still haven't caught the intruder?"

Yoona scoffed. If they couldn't catch a simple intruder, then they must be pathetic

"What do you think they are trying to do?"

"My guess? Either they are trying to get themselves killed, or they are trying to help someone escape."

Yoona become curious and paid attention to the guards' small talk. Who was this unknown intruder trying to rescue? Well, maybe not rescue. Break out would be a better word for this.

"Maybe they're trying to break out our little special guest here."

Yoona heard the guard hit the cell door with his baton and the girl growled.

"Hey! I'm trying to sleep!"

"Whatever!"

Yoona huffed and closed her eyes while continuing to eavesdrop on the conversation.

-

"Holy.."

Yuri stared at the dragon that was looking at her. She kept on a stoic face and walked by the dragon, praying that it would not attack her.

And just like what Tiffany had told her, the dragon did not move an inch from it's position.

'Look for the warden. He probably wears a hat or something.'

Yuri kept that small note in her mind and looked around. She walked around the level while looking into cells to see if she could find the one Yoona was in.

"Hey! Buddy, come here, I need you to take over our position for a while. The warden called us to his office."

"Oh, yeah no problem."

The two guards left and Yuri stood guard on the door. She looked into it and her eyes had immediately widened at the person who was in the cell. Im Yoona had her eyes closed and was laying down on the bed that didn't look very comfortable.

"Yoona?"

Yoona's eyes snapped open at the sound of the familiar voice and she looked at the cell door.

"Yuri?"

"Oh my God, thank you, I thought I would have to search this whole damn level just to find you."

Yoona sat up and raised her eyebrow.

"Why are you here? And why are you in that stupid uniform?"

Yuri rolled her eyes at how dumb the girl was right now. Yoona walked over to the door and held onto the bars. 

"Geez, you'd expect Level 5 cells to be more secure."

"Exactly what I thought when I got thrown into here."

"Yuri, did you find her yet?"

"Yep. I'm at her cell right now."

Yoona gave a weird look to Yuri, who was seemingly talking to herself until she looked at the girl's ear.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Sica. Now hush, I'm trying to listen to her so we can get you out."

Yoona's face softened for a slight second. Yuri was the intruder? She went through all of the beasts and guards just to save her?

"So like Sooyoung-ssi said, you need to find the warden and get his keys. One of them will probably be able to unlock of the cells."

"Okie dokie, thanks Fany."

Yoona rolled her eyes at Yuri's childish reply.

"Can you be any more childish?"

Yuri stuck her tongue at Yoona before glaring at her.

"I stand corrected."

'Yuri watch out, the guards are coming back.'

"Yoona get back, the guards are coming back."

Yoona walked back to her bed and Yuri gave a small smile before turning her back to the jailed girl.

"Thanks for watching her for us. You can go now."

"Right, no problem."

Yuri gave a glance to Yoona through the cell door before heading off to find the warden.

'Didn't those guards say that he had an office?'

'Oh right, I should head there.'

Yuri headed to the direction the guards were at and took in a deep breath. Hopefully, she can get through this alive with Yoona. 

'Okay. Watch my back eh Lux?'

'Always.'

 

Time Left: 19h 23m and 40s

 

CO-AN: I hope I took off from the correct spot, since it's been a while. I had to reread Chapter 24 a couple of times but I think I did a pretty good job starting from where I left off. Sorry about the seriously long awaited update but I hope I satisfied you for now! ~RainbowBooze