Chapter 5

Opposing Elements

Chapter 5

Yuri's POV

 

It's been 20 minutes into the flight. So far nothing unusual has happened, other than Yoona sleeping on my shoulder.

 

The 5 of us that are awake are on our guard. Transportation has always been something that the order feared. We're vulnerable because we're not allowed to show our powers to the general public. Also there are civilians here. It would be dangerous to fight with innocent bystanders around. The attacks and kidnapping has been covered by the media connections so now one is aware of what really happened. The order made up some story that schools were burned by riots and those students were taken to a detention center. I honestly doubt the parents buy this, but whatever.


I looked over at Yoona, who is still sleeping. She's actually very pretty and cute, but her personality ruins everything.

I would like you more if you stayed silent.

Suddenly I received another text from Sica.

 

From: Sleepy Ice Princess

 

Yah! Yuri- Yah be on your guard. Taeyeon just texted me that she felt something strange. Like a weird flow of energy. I already sent out my ice golems to check, they look like tiny ice cubes so I don't think anyone would notice. They also work as communicators. I sent one to go near you. Alright? Just speak to it like a cell phone and it also gives a visual of what other golems are seeing. Don't wake up Yoona yet. It doesn't seem necessary right now. So just be on your guard. Bye Bye

 

P.S Fany says "Control yourself, we see you keep staring and touching Yoona. Taking advantage of a sleeping girl now? Creepy Yul."

 

I blushed reading the last part. Wh- What??? I am not taking advantage of her!!! I looked around hoping to see one of Sica's golems and I saw one by the window. Wow it really does look like an ice cube. Omo omo omo it's so cute!! wonder if it melts. It jumped on my hand and gave me a smile. Suddenly it opened it's mouth and reviewed a small monitor. Oh... So this is what Sica meant by visual. It divided into 9 different screens. 2 of them showed my friends in pairs. The other 6 showed the other golems walking around the plane.

 

There was this static sounding noise then it became clearer.

 

"Yuri, Sunny, Taeyeon!! Do you three hear me and Jessi??" That was definitely Tiffany's voice.

 

"We hear you loud and clear Fany. Stop being so loud. We're not the only passengers you know." I heard Taeyeon say.

 

"Mianhae" From the video Fany seemed embarrassed and blushed a little.

 

"Midget lay off Tiff. She's not that loud. And you don't see me complaining about Sunny and you when you're being loud and making weird jokes. So leave Tiff alone." Jessica said annoyed.

 

"Thank you Jessi"

 

"Guys stop fighting. So what do we do now?" I stopped their argument.

 

"Yuri- Yah... where's Yoona?" Taeyeon asked me.

 

"Oh.. Uhm.. She's..." What am I going to say? If I said "sleeping on my shoulder" I would get teased again.

 

"Yoona is sleeping on her Yuri's shoulder." Tiffany and Jessica both said.

 

"Ohhhhhhhhh.... Awww.... YoonYul is having another moment!!" Sunny and Taeyeon teased.

 

"Shhhh!!! Guys stop!" I said to the ice cube.

 

"We're just kidding Yuri.. so is anything weird happening where you are? So far we sense nothing, but it's the fact that it's so peaceful I'm getting worried." Tiffany said.

 

"I agree Fany, it's so weird. Something is wrong" Taeyeon replied.

 

"Well I'm new so I don't know what is "normal" or "weird" because everything to me so far has been just abnormal" I added.

 

We were all quiet, but suddenly we all jumped when we saw what was happening to one of the golems.

 

We heard a spine tingling screech.

 

From the monitor we could see one of the golems being lifted by a stranger. He or she had her face covered, all we could see was a smirk. The person started speaking and from the sound of it, I'm guessing it's a girl.

 

"Hello my lovely elementists. How are you all doing?" The person said. I don't know who this person is, but when she speaks I feel like I'm suffocating. She's definitely not on our side that's for sure.

 

"Who are you and what are you doing to my golem??" Jessica screamed.

 

"Jessi please calm down." I saw Tiffany hugging the infuriated Jessica.

 

"Thanks Tiff" Jessica smiled at Tiffany then adverted her attention back to the screen,

 

"Who are you?" Jessica asked.

 

"You 6 will find out soon enough... I just have one question for you elementist. Why are you fighting for these weak humans? Why don't you join our side. We also have element users, but unlike you goody goodies, we fight for power. Who made you guys the protectors of these humans? What is so wrong about overpowering and controlling vermin? We are special. We are righteous. You lot are welcomed to join us. We will meet eventually in London. For now please enjoy my parting gift. Good bye my dears. We hope you will choose the side that will win." She crushed the golem and we are losing visuals with it. Suddenly a flash happened and she disappeared. The visual was completely lost.

 

She just disappeared. She must have a power similar to Sooyoung's. Sica, Fany, Taeyeon, Sunny and I all remained silent after getting this message.

 

Wait. Didn't she say a parting gift? What is that? Before I had time to think I heard a scream from a passenger by me.

 

Inside the plane were 5 monsters. So our parting "gift" is a fight? Great. I saw Jessica get behind the monster and stabbed it, it froze and became quiet. Then it just broke into pieces. Then from the monitor I saw Sunny take out this weird capsule like thing. She pressed the button and released a special sleeping gas that makes normal people without powers fall asleep. Now we can kind of fight freely as long as the passengers from other classes don't come in here.

 

Since we are allied with this air line they will cover us. Tiffany didn't want to start a huge fire so she shot a fire bullet straight through its heart. Sunny did the same, but instead of fire she used lightning. Taeyeon's earth powers aren't as strong here in the air, so she formed a sword out of the limited powers she had and killed one of the monsters. I sighed in relief, but realized something..

 

Wasn't there 5? Where's the last one?

 

I panicked and started looking around. Out of nowhere one started charging at me.

 

It was too fast for the others to come and save me.

 

"Yuri- yah!!!" I heard Tiffany scream.

 

I was about to run, but I noticed someone got in front of me and kicked the monster.

 

I looked to my side and saw that Yoona had woken up.

 

"Still alive?" She charged again at the monster. She gather her dark energy and grabbed the monster's face. The monster started shriveling up and it completely disintegrated.

 

"That was for disturbing my sleep. Be swallowed in my darkness forever" Yoona scoffed and went back to her seat.

 

The sleeping gas finally wore off and people woke up. The other passengers just assumed it was a bad dream.

 

The rest of the trip was peaceful, thankfully. Yoona and I were quiet the whole time. I can't believe she saved me, then again she was probably just fighting because it woke her up. No way this selfish person cares about other people. Still I guess I should thank her.

 

"Uhm.. Yoona"

 

"Hm?" She replied without even looking at me. Her eyes were closed. I guess she's ready to go to sleep again.

 

"Th- Thank you for saving me" Ugh saying thank you to her is painful.

 

"It was nothing. Plus I didn't want to be burdened with your death. The order would question why I didn't save you even though you were next to me. But when we get to london, if we get attacked don't expect me to save you. Wimp. You really are weak."

 

I regret thanking this jerk so much.

 

"Hmph. You won't need to save me. And a simple "You're Welcome" would've been nice. Instead of calling me weak again. You're so rude"

 

"Whatever.. I'm going back to sleep"

 

"Like I care"

 

"You obviously do. And I know you kept touching me while I'm sleeping. Do I turn you on that much? Heh... keep your hands to yourself. Didn't I tell you before. You can look but you can't touch."

 

I became red. Both from embarrassment and anger!

 

"W- Who told you to sleep on my shoulder!!"

 

"So touching me is your payment for letting me sleep on your shoulder? Thank you, I'll take note of that so next time I sleep somewhere else."

 

"Ugh.. like I want to touch you. And I'll need to burn this shirt now because you slept on my shoulder."

 

"Thank you for reminding me. I need to burn the clothes you stole from me when I was away on a mission"

 

"I like you better when you don't talk"

 

"I don't like you at all. Wimp"

 

"I hate you. Jerk"

 

"HMPH" Both of us turned our attention from each other. I looked outside the window to see the view.

 

"Yuri- Yah!! Stop having another YY Moment. Jessi is sleeping." I noticed Sica's ice golems were still here. I'm gonna guess they don't melt. I looked at the monitor and saw Jessica and Tiffany both pushed down their seats to make like a bed. Sica was hugging Tiffany like a koala and sleeping on her shoulder. One hand Tiffany was holding her golem, the other hand she was rubbing Jessica's back. Seriously if I didn't know them, I would think they're a couple. I looked over at the two shorties. Sunny was sleeping on Taeyeon's shoulder and Taeyeon's head was resting on Sunny's head. Everyone is so lovey dovey.

 

Meanwhile I'm stuck with such a rude jerk.

 

When will this flight end?

 

TBC