Chapter 6

Opposing Elements

Chapter 6

 

Yuri's POV

 

Our flight finally landed in London around 1 in the morning. The 6 of us got out luggage and were driven to the hotel by one of the cars the order prepared for us. We arrived at the hotel at around 2 AM. There were only three rooms left so we'll be sleeping in pairs.


"Okay so Tiff and I will share a room" Jessica said.

"The two dashins will share a room"

"Yah!!! Sica! We're not short, just vertically challenged!" Taeyeon said.

"Whatever.. so Yoona and Yuri will share a room"

"WHAT? No! I refuse!!" Both Yoona and I said. We really need to stop saying the same things at the same time. It's getting annoying.

"Wimp you should be honored. Maybe your powers will finally come out because of mine. Meanwhile I'm afraid your uselessness is contagious"

 

"I'm glad I can't catch your rudeness. I wouldn't want to have a personality as horrible as yours"

 

Tiffany interrupted us.

 

"You two stop. You're sharing a room and that's final. Understand?"

 

"I understand Tiffany Unnie." Yoona answered.

 

"Hmph... I got it Fany."

 

"Okay? So we're set. First we'll leave our bags in the room and rest a bit. After that we'll start our mission. We have about 10 hours to rest because our mission starts at noon. Okay lets all rest. We're all pretty tired. Come on Jessi" Tiffany held Jessica's hands and with their bags, they took the elevator up to their room.

 

"Sunny you ready to go?"

 

"Sure Taengo.. I want to sleep a little."

 

"Me too"

 

The two dashins walked up the stairs leaving me and Yoona alone in the hotel lobby.

 

Well this is awkward.

 

"Wimp.."

 

I wish she would stop calling me that. I have a name.

 

"My name is Yuri"

 

"I told you I'll remember your name if you last a month in this job"

 

"Are you sure this isn't an excuse to hide the fact that you have a tiny brain and it can only store so much. It takes a month for you to remember my name because you're stupid."

 

"You're stupid AND weak. Truly useless"

 

"I hate you." I took my luggage and with the spare hotel key I took the elevator to my room. I put down my luggage and sat on the bed. Then I realized something..

 

There's only one bed in this room.

 

No One's POV

 

Yoona walked into their and saw Yuri had already put her stuff in the closet. She noticed there was only one bed in the room and sighed.

 

Jessica and Tiffany have both finished changing and showered. The two were ready to go to bed.

 

"Tiff are you sure you don't mind sharing a bed with me? I can sleep on the couch if you want" Jessica told her best friend.

 

"Don't worry about it Jessi. It'll just be like when we were kids. We shared a bed all the time." Tiffany gave Jessica and reassuring eye smile. The two of them crawled into the bed and covered themselves with the blanket. Tiffany and Jessica were faced back to back. Tiffany felt the awkward atmosphere and turned to face Jessica. Jessica was pretending to sleep, but felt someone wrap their arms around her waist.

 

"Good Night Jessi" Tiffany whispered.

 

"Good Night Tiff"

 

Tiffany was too tired from all of today's events and went to sleep hugging Jessica, who was having trouble sleeping because of the younger girl's actions.

 

Aish, Tiff what are you doing to me?

 

In the room across Jessica and Tiffany's, Taeyeon and Sunny were also prepared to sleep.

 

"Sunny lets share a bed. It's big enough for the both of us. Besides it's not fair for one of us to be sleeping in the couch,"

 

"O- Okay Taengo"

 

The two of them got into their covers and got ready to sleep. Taeyeon was already fast asleep because she was so drained of her energy. Sunny stared at the cute sleeping girl next to her and smiled. Even though they've only been friends for a short period of time, Sunny already feels an attachment to Taeyeon and wants to get to know her better.

 

Good night Taengo...

 

Meanwhile in Yoona and Yuri's room. Unlike the other 4 who didn't mind sharing a bed, the two of them were not as open about sharing a bed, especially with each other.

 

"I should get the bed" Yoona said.

 

"You should sleep on the couch" Yuri suggested.

 

"You get the bathtub" Yoona responded.

 

"You get the window." Yuri said back.

 

"You should sleep outside the balcony"

 

"You should sleep in the streets"

 

"Well at least I can survive in the streets. You would be dead in 2 minutes because of the cold"

 

"Y- You!!! Jerk!!"

 

"Please, it's too late to be arguing. Lets just flip a coin. Loser sleeps on the couch."

 

"Fine"

 

Yuri took out a coin. "Heads you get the bed. Tails I get it" Yuri flipped the coin and it rolled away,

 

"Wow wimp, weak, useless, dumb and now clumsy? Do you have any positive qualities?"

 

"Sh- Shut up!! Fine rock paper scissors."

 

Best two out of three." Yoona said.

 

Yoona and Yuri both got ready. The first round, both choose rock. The second round, both choose scissor. The third round, both choose rock again. After 12 rounds of ties the two just got tired of this.

 

"This is getting us no where. And it's already 4 in the morning. Lets just go sleep" Yoona suggested.

 

"Fine"

 

The two of them crawled into the bed and were facing back to back. They refused to look at each other. To say it was awkward for the two, would be an understatement. After a while the two of them finally became exhausted and fell asleep.

 

At around 11 in the morning Tiffany woke up everyone to get breakfast. The 6 of them walked downstairs to get breakfast. Yuri and Yoona were both tired from the lack of sleep last night. Jessica also had limited sleep because she was too busy sorting out her feelings. When the 6 of them finally finished they received the video message from their boss to explain their mission.

 

"In one of our allied bases we have found some new recruits. The enemy is making their move. We have to too. Here's the map to the place. Good Luck to the 6 of you."

 

"Okay girls. You heard the boss. Lets go." Taeyeon used her leader like charisma and the 5 younger girls listened. The 6 of them walked past a deserted area because it was easier to stay hidden. So far everything seemed normal for them, but then Taeyeon and Sunny heard noises. The 6 of them stopped their movements to try to get a better hearing of what is happening right now.

 

"Shh.... I hear something" Since the 6 of them were in a forest, Taeyeon's powers were the strongest. She created tiny rock golems and had them scout the area. Tiffany wasn't allowed to fight full force today because they were afraid of a forest fire.

 

The rock golem caught a spine tingling scene. From the golem we could see a who horde of the monsters. There were probably at least 20 of them. Amongst them was a human figure, a girl's. She was wearing a cloak so it was hard to see her face. But her height looked average. The gang decided staying here will just be a waste of time. They're going to have to fight anyway. Might as well just get it over with.

 

The 6 of them made a surprise attack. Taeyeon launched boulders and crushed a few of the monsters. Sunny shot lightning at two of them. Tiffany did not want to cause a forest fire so she just shot small fire balls at the monsters.

 

Jessica froze her battlefield and soon the monsters became ice sculptures. Yoona killed every one of the monsters and charged at their ring leader. Using her power Yoona created a giant sword of darkness. The girl in the cloak took out her own sword and the two weapons clashed.

 

"Who the hell are you?" Yoona asked impatiently. She didn't like wasting time.

 

"Hello Yoona"

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

"I know a lot about you. Even more than you know about yourself"

 

"You're weird. Prepare to die"

 

"I don't want to die yet." The girl teased.

 

The two of them started showing off their swordsmanship. Yoona skillfully lunged at her enemy with her sword. The blow injured her enemy, but Yoona noticed her wound was healing. Instant regeneration? You have got to be kidding me. The two of them continued their fight. While the girl in the cloak has barely broke a sweat, Yoona was getting more tired by the second. Damn it, why is she so strong? Nothing fazes her. I refuse to lose. Yoona tried to slash her enemy and missed, resulting her her enemy returning a blow at her right shoulder.

 

"Crap!! Damn you" Yoona used her left hand to hold onto her bleeding shoulder. She was too bust worrying about the girl in the cloak that she didn't notice a monster charging at her.

 

"Yoona!! Watch out!!" Jessica screamed.

 

Yoona turned her head and saw the monster. She was too exhausted and injured to even flee. The monster change at her, Yoona saw a figure stand in front of her to stop the attack. As if by instinct Yuri jumped into the battle and created a force field to shield Yoona. There was a huge bright flash of light and a huge rectangular force field was made. The monster charged at it over and over, but it was proven too strong to break. Yoona stared at the girl, both surprised that she was finally able to use her powers and more surprised that she saved her.

 

"I've repaid the favor from earlier in the plane when you saved me. And I refuse to have you die on me right now. I still need to prove to you how strong I am." Yuri said.


Yoona just nodded. "Thanks" Yoona got off the floor and attacked the monster with the remaining strength she had left. She engulfed the monster in complete darkness until there was no trace of it left.

All of their friends also defeated their enemies. All that was left was the ring leader. Who was smirking and clapping.

"Good. Good!! Very Good!!"

"What are you happy about freak?" Jessica asked.

"I'm impressed. Your powers are all very interesting. So, how about my offer back in the plane? Care to join us? Especially you Ms. Im. Your powers are exactly what we're looking for"

 

"No way. I'm not gonna join your side. I do, want to kick your though."

 

"What yoona said. No way we're joining you third rate bullies that abuse your powers."Tiffany screamed.

 

"Agreed! We don't believe in using our powers for something like this." Jessica added.

 

"Leave us alone" Taeyeon said.

 

"I have to take my leave now. It was a pleasure seeing all of you though. If any of you change your minds you are free to join us anytime. Now have a good day." In a flash of light the girl disappeared leaving the 6 of them confused.

 

"Yoona. Do you want to continue the trip? You're the most injured one here. How is your shoulder?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I'm fine Unnies. Don't worry. My wound closed"

 

"Okay. Don't push yourself." Sunny said.

 

"I won't"

 

The 6 of the continued their journey. Yuri and Yoona were in the back. Yuri couldn't help, but stare at the injured girl next to her every few minutes. Sure the girl was a pain in the , but Yuri doesn't like seeing people in pain.

 

"Yoona are you sure you're fine?"

 

"I am wimp. Thanks. Nice powers. Force fields. Is that it?"

 

"Hmph.. this is what I get for caring about you?? And for your information this "wimp" saved your life. Doesn't that mean you're even weaker than a wimp? Hey are you making fun of my powers?? This power saved you! Ungrateful."

 

Yuri continued her rant, but stopped when she felt Yoona place her hand on her head.

 

"You're right. You did save me. Thank you wimp" Yoona smiled a bit while patting her head.

 

"You're not as weak as I thought. Thank you for saving me"

 

Yuri smiled in return. So she can be nice when she wants to.

 

"You're welcome"

 

TBC

Merry Christmas everyone ^.^ ASDFGHJKL I can't wait for SNSD's comeback <33 I might update again either today or early tomorrow :3