Chapter 17

Opposing Elements

Chapter 17

 

"Jessi... who do you think is going to win?" Tiffany asked the injured girl next to her. 


"I honestly don't know. Both of them seem pretty even." Jessica replies. 

 

"I'm scared. What if Yuri loses? What if we don't get Yoona back?" Tiffany panics. Jessica pulls the younger girl closer and pecks her forehead. 


"Don't worry. No matter what I will stay with you." Jessica says and gives Tiffany a smile to assure the fire user. Tiffany manages to smile back and nods. 

 

The older girl looks around the area and sees that there are no other enemies other than the men that were busy spectating the battle. The ice user wants to join the fight, but she knows that she is outnumbered and stands no chance against all these enemies at once. Also she was injured from Yoona's attack earlier. 

 

I feel so useless just sitting here. Jessica sighs in frustration. Tiffany notices this and holds the older girl's hand tighter. Jessica looks to her right and sees Tiffany smiling at her.


"Like you said Jessi. We'll stick by each other. I will stay with you no matter what" Tiffany promised. 

 

"Thanks Fany. I love you." Jessica says.

 

"I love you too Jessi." Tiffany responds and the two go back to watching the fight.

 

~~


"I really don't want to fight you. Can you please just let us go?" Taeyeon begs.
 

"No. Sorry, I can't" Yoobin replies.

"Fine"

Taeyeon sighs.

"You leave me no choice."

"What do you mean?" Yoobin asks cautiously.

"I have no choice but to use my ultimate move. Get ready Yoobin-ssi"

 

Taeyeon walks backwards and plants her feet firmly on the ground. She stares at Yoobin and takes a deep breath. To ensure that she has enough time for her ultimate power, the earth user creates a giant wall of solid rock to defend her from any attacks. Yoobin senses the huge disturbance of energy and becomes frightened. She takes out 6 knives and places her between her fingers. The older focuses her energy into her weapons and throws them when she feels that she has charged them enough. Her attacks were futile against the extremely thick layer of rock that divided her knives from her prey. It could not even make a dent.

 

I have a bad feeling about this. Yoobin thought. The tanned girl could not see what was happening inside the rock barrier, but she could feel Taeyeon's power growing by the second. 

 

Inside the solid wall of defense was Taeyeon. The short girl had her eyes closed and was breathing slowly. Her blonde hair was turning more brown. Her dark-brown eye color was becoming light brown. The girl was beginning to grow.

 

I really don't want to do this, but I don't have any other options left. Taeyeon thought. 

 

From the outside Yoobin started noticing the ground shaking. The lights on the ceiling were swaying and threatening to fall down any moment. The wind user could barely stand her ground. The floor was beginning to crack. Yoobin noticed this and focused her powers onto the soles of her feet to grant her an ability to fly. 

 

Taeyeon was almost complete in charging for her final move. Yoobin could see the ground was now completely split. She could see the debris from the floor below that were made after Sunny's fight with YeEun. The wind user could feel her fear building up.

 

"Are you scared yet?" Taeyeon said.

 

Yoobin turned around and saw Taeyeon was now behind her. The girl had a solid boxing glove of rock.

 

"This is for injuring my ear" The short girl muttered and landed a blow directly at the tanned beauty's face.

 

"Did that hurt? You're mighty fine looking, too bad you're going to die now." Taeyeon murmured. She charges at Yoobin who manages to escape, but suddenly she hears a rumbling and looks up. She sees that from the ceiling and walls, were sharpened marble flying at her direction. Yoobin creates a giant tornado and manages to deflect most of the weapons back at Taeyeon. However Taeyeon stopped the debris without even moving from her spot. The earth user stops the attacks in mid air. Yoobin realizes how outclassed she is and becomes afraid. The girl tries to run, but feels something gripping onto her legs. The girl looks down and sees the ground had captured her her legs.

 

"Is that you're ultimate move? Having stronger armor and sending stuff flying to me?" Yoobin smirks at the other girl.

 

Taeyeon smirks back and shakes her head.

 

"My element is not that cheap."

 

The ground shakes and a monster is formed from the floor. Yoobin's eyes widened. The girl turns pale and shakes in fear.

 

"RAWRRRRR" The rock monster shouts. Yoobin looks at Taeyeon and sees the girl has a completely blank expression.

 

"I told you at the beginning to just let me go. Now you will suffer the consequences. Meet my friend, he is a rock demon, my familiar that I have signed a contract with. By the way he has not been fed in a long time." Taeyeon grins.

 

"P-please... let me go" Yoobin begs. 

 

"You didn't let me go when I begged you to. Why should I listen to you? I'm sorry, but it's too late for compromises."

 

The monster continues to sprout from the ground, head first. One by one the arms come out and then its upper body, followed by its lower body. 

 

"RAWRRRR!!"

 

Yoobin stares in fear. Using her free arms, she summons tiny wind monsters and they charge at the giant beast. The rock demon was quick to react. It grabbed most of them with its fist and managed to crush them like mosquitoes. Some were able to escape and sliced the rock monster, but it did not do much damage to it. 

 

Meanwhile Taeyeon was trying her best to mask her pain. Summoning her familiar already costs her to expend a lot of her remaining energy, but one flaw with her pact is that any damage the monster gets is also inflicted to Taeyeon. Yoobin's wind monsters were able to cut the rock demon's left shoulder. The kid leader could feel the stinging on her arm, but ignores it.

 

Just a little more. Come on body!

 

The rock demon advances to Yoobin and holds a tight grip on her. 

 

"AHHHH!!! LET ME GO!!!" Yoobin screams in pain.

 

"Petra! Eat her!" Taeyeon commands her beast. The demon nods and Yoobin could see there was no hope. The girl stops struggling and looks at Taeyeon. 

 

"You won Kim Taeyeon" Yoobin gives a final smirk and that was the last time the world would see her. 

 

Did I really win? Is this the way I wanted to win? 

 

Taeyeon falls to her knees and pants. She was too tired to even fight now. 

 

"Petra.. please bring me to Sunny." Taeyeon commands. The demon holds Taeyeon gently and brings her to Sunny's unconscious body. If Taeyeon had more energy she would have asked her familiar to bring them to Yuri and the rest, but sadly she does not. Petra can only remain in the human world if its master has enough power. 

 

"T-thanks.. Petra" Taeyeon struggles to say. Petra nods and starts going back into the ground, to the land of familiars.

 

Taeyeon looks at the unconscious girl next to her and forces a smile. 

 

"I won.. Sunny" Taeyeon whispers. She slumps down and falls asleep on Sunny's shoulder. 

 

Both girls were now out cold. Neither of them could see that someone was watching them from afar. 

 

~~

 

"How do I get out here?" Yoona looks around the room and sees nothing. The girl was not only chained like an animal, but her powers also built cage to keep her sealed in.

 

"When I get out of here. Her is so getting kicked" Yoona groaned. 

 

Meanwhile also inside Yoona's subconscious, Yuri was still trying to find the door where Yoona is locked in.

 

"My god!!! Where the hell is that girl?? When I find her I will smack her for causing me all this trouble!!" Yuri screams. She calms down and tries to remember what her Light Unnie taught her. 

 

Flashback

 

"Yuri when you go to find Yoona, don't look with your eyes. There are too many doors in there." The light power explained.

 

"And how the heck am I suppose to find her then???" Yuri yelled.

 

"Try to calm down and sense Yoona. Although she is locked up, she still has some of her power. You can sense even the slightest abnormality in power levels. If that doesn't work then try to focus on finding Yoona with your heart. If you truly care for her you will find the door."

 

"Then that means I will never find her. Because I don't care for her" Yuri pouts.

 

"Now, now Yuri. This is not the time to be in denial. You want to save your Yoona don't you?"

 

"For the last time!! She is NOT my Yoona!!" Yuri screams and blushes.

 

"Ahaha!! Okay Okay.. she's not your Yoona..."

 

"Good!" Yuri interrupts.

 

"Yet" The power whispers and smiles innocently at Yuri.

 

"UNNIE!!! I heard that!!!" Yuri whines.

 

"Okay okay! We'll discuss your denial problems next time. I've lived for centuries and know about all kinds of couples. For now just go and find your Yoongie!"

 

"Y-Yah!" Yuri is now redder than a tomato.

 

"Hey i said your "yoongie" not "yoona". Happy?" 

 

"You're bullying me" Yuri sighs. 

 

Flashback Ends

 

Yuri remembers the conversations and ruffles her own hair in frustration.

 

"Everyone bullies me" Yuri sighs. 

 

"Focus Kwon Yuri! Focus.. Curse at your bullies later! First you have to find your- .. I mean Yoona!!" Yuri tells herself. The light user closes her eyes and tries to sense any room with a higher concentration of energy. 

 

Although she could sense a room, it was bleary and too hard to locate. 

 

I guess I'll have to do the second option.

 

Yuri takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. 

 

Don't think.. just feel.

 

Yuri remembers the short amount of time she has spent with Yoona. From their first meeting, their fights and arguments, their teamwork and the times Yoona was nice to her. 

 

~~

 

Chapter 2: 

 

"Y- yeah... hi my name is.. K- Kwon Yuri.. N- nice to meet you... uh?" 

 

"Im YoonA" 

 

Chapter 3:

 

"Hmph... let's get this over with wimp." She said to me.

"I agree... the sooner we finish this I sooner I get to get away from YOU" I said back to her.

"OMO!!!! Noooo Why you????" I screamed.

"Hmph... can you shut up? I'm just as annoyed by this. Especially because you stole my clothes. I need to burn them."

Chapter 7:

 

"I see. Don't worry. You'll get it eventually" Yoona smiled at Yuri.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I thought you hated me" Yuri said out of the blue.

"We- well... you saved me. I can't hate you"

 

Chapter 9: 

 

"Yoona.... lets take these two monsters down together."

"I guess"

"Lets go"

 

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"...."

"I.. I'm scared. Those people that died. I could've done something. What good am I? I can't even save people. I'm so weak."

Yoona wrapped her arms around the older girl who sobbed in her chest. 

 

~~

 

Yuri remembers all the interactions she has had with Yoona and feels her heart beating faster. 

 

Please... let me find you.

 

Yuri feels a tingling feeling in the palm of her hand and sees a glow on it. The light forms a key and it slowly dies down. Yuri stares at the key and touches it. 

 

"What am I suppose to do with this? Does it work for any door?" Yuri asked herself. 

 

"Only one way to find out." The black pearl goes to the nearest door and places the key into the lock. She gently turns it and sees the outline of the door glow brightly. When the light leaves Yuri opens the door and sees a dark room. 

 

"I can't see crap.." Yuri focuses her energy on her hand to give her enough light to inspect the room. 

 

I don't see anything. Yuri puffs her cheeks in frustration. 

 

"Don't do that... you don't look cute" A voice interrupts Yuri.

 

Yuri stops and looks at the direction she heard the insult.

 

That voice....

 

"Yah.. Wimp.."

 

"..."

 

"Kwon.."

 

"..."

 

"Yuri"

 

The kkab focuses even more energy to make the room even brighter. She sees the a cage and inside was the girl she has been looking for.

 

"Yo" Yoona says while smirking.

 

"Yoona!"

 

TBC

Hi Hi! So like.. I still have writer's block but I was able to think of something. Although my updates now will be very irregular. Sorry >< 

@ PJShin Aha.. don't worry about it. I love long comments and questions. Yup. YulTiSic have been friends since they were kids. Thank you ^.^ I'll try to find inspiration. 
@ haruhiana Yup! I'm a huge T-ara fan. LOL I'm JeTi biased!! :3 Volturi? xD 

@ AsukaEnergetic Yup.. all of them met when they were kids. But they don't remember each other. Yoona save your family! JeTi and YoonYul <33

@ darkstar839 Thank you for believing in me... even though I don't believe in myself XD