Chapter 3

Opposing Elements

Chapter 3

Yuri's POV

 

"Hmph... let's get this over with wimp." She said to me.

 

"I agree... the sooner we finish this I sooner I get to get away from YOU" I said back to her.

 

"Aha... I can't wait to see you on your first mission... let me rephrase that.. your first AND last mission. You'd probably die in less than 10 minutes."


"Hmph... is that so? If someone like YOU is still alive, then missions probably aren't that hard"

"You're right if someone like ME can survive, then you should too. If you die then that means I'm better than you. Right WIMP?"

This girl pisses me off so much!! It's even more annoying that she replies so bluntly like she's saying facts. I am so going to make a punching bag out of her the first chance I get.

"Yah!!! Stop calling me a wimp! You've never even seen me fight!"

"I don't need to. I know you're weak."

I was about to punch her in the face when suddenly she got tackled by a really tall girl.

"YOONA!!!!!"

 

"Who the F- AH!!"

 

I hope you got a concussion. This tall girl should tackle her again.

 

"Choi Sooyoung!!!! Get off me you giant"

 

"Not until you promise to forgive me and not to kill me for giving you my busted key!"

 

"Alright, whatever. Just get off me."

 

"Okay!"

 

This tall girl Sooyoung got off that jerk and helped her up.

 

"You do that again and I swear you'll wake up in the bottom of the shark tank"

 

"Mianhae. Yoona forgive me!!" Sooyoung said with an extremely weird aegyo.

 

"Alright. Alright. Just stop that."

 

"Yay! I'll treat you to dinner when we get the chance to eat together!"

 

I felt so lost staring at these two weirdos. But they appear to be close friends. Why would anyone want to be friends with Yoona? The world may never know.

 

"Yoona who is this? Your girlfriend?" Sooyoung said while looking at me. Girlfriend?? Me and HER??!!! Over my dead body!! I'd rather die alone than be with this arrogant, selfish, rude jerk.

 

"What? Of course not. She's just a wimp that I'm forced to train. Why would I date HER? I have standards. A I don't like dating weaklings."

 

"Stop calling me weak!!! My name is not wimp. My name is Kwon Yuri.  And ew no I am NOT her girl friend. I'm not even her friend. She's just a rude jerk I'm forced to learn from. And I have standards too. One being a NICE person. Hmph one day I am going to show you how strong I am!"

 

"Annoying people to death isn't a power" Yoona said with a smirk.

 

I want to wipe that annoying smirk off her face. And smack her if I get the chance!

 

"Ahaha... you two are hilarious. You two really suit each other!! Yuri please take good care of this jerk. She seems mean, but she's not that bad." Sooyoung was laughing and patting me on the back.

 

I feel like she's bullying me.

 

"Oh right I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Choi Sooyoung, YoonA's best friend. I'm also a special user. I'm a psychic type. I can read minds, levitate, teleport short distances and control animals and even humans if they're minds are weak enough. Nice to meet you. And no I am not bullying you." She smiled and stuck her tongue at me playfully.

 

"Wow... you really can read minds. What goes on in Yoona's mind? Oh right.. NOTHING" I said out loud knowing Yoona was listening. She glared at me. It's so fun to piss her off.

 

"Ahaha... you know Yoona so well!! Nothing goes on in her head other than working."

 

"Sooyoung!! If you have time to talk nonsense why don't you go and train?" Yoona was really irritated.

 

"Fine Fine... I'll go train.... gosh Yoona I know you're just being stingy. You don't want me to hog your special time with Yuri. It's okay I understand after all Yuri is so cute. I'm jealous of you. Aha okay bye bye"

 

"Yah!!!" Yoona charged towards Sooyoung, but the latter evaded it by teleporting a few feet away.

 

"Have fun!!" I saw her teleport again and into the special room.

 

"Okay that was a waste of time. Wimp come here!" That same irritating and rude voice said to me.

 

"What do you want?" I asked.

 

"To get this over with. Now our first lesson will be to discover your power, that is if you even have any."

 

"Hmph"

 

"Just go and release your flames"

 

I closed my eyes and tried to find my resolve.

 

I want to be stronger.

 

I want to prove to this jerk that I'm not a wimp.

 

I want to protect my friends.

 

I felt the same feeling from before. I opened my eyes and saw my hand glowing again.


"Okay.. so you do have a power. Now just go and throw it at that target."

 

I didn't really want to. Knowing how badly I failed last time this time probably won't make a difference. And on top of that I know this arrogant idiot would just laugh at me and call me weak again.

 

"What are you waiting for?? Just do it!" She yelled at me

 

"Fine!" I took the ball and threw it at a target. Once again another glow happened. Once again my attack had no damage.

 

I looked over at Yoona and prepared for endless ridicule.

 

She was trying hard not to burst out laughing.

 

"Why- Why You!!!" I was blushing.

 

"pfft.. ahahahaha... you really are weak. Nice powers. You can blind your opponent then run for your life. Perfect for you"

 

"Sh- Shut up!!! I'd like to see YOUR powers if you're so strong and smart!!"

 

"Ahaha.... fine... I'll show you what a REAL attack should look like. Get behind me. I don't want to be held responsible if you get hurt."

 

She walked in front of me and took off her gloves. I learned that apparently those gloves act as a lock and puts all the element powers into sleep when an elementist isn't fighting or planning to use their powers. It prevents someone from accidentally releasing their flames. Because in the past some people have gotten crazy with their emotions and it caused problems.

 

Her hand doesn't have a tattoo which means it's somewhere else.

 

"My tattoo is on my left shoulder. If that's what you're wondering" She said. What that heck? Is she a mind reader?

 

"No I'm not a mind reader. It's just obvious because you were checking out my hand. Speaking of the tattoos, where is yours? I noticed it's not on either of your hands."

 

"It's on my right shoulder."

 

"Okay then... Here this is how mine looks." She took off her sweater, leaving her with just a tank top. I blushed at the sight of her in a tank top. Her beautiful and milky skin. She has a few scars but not too noticeable. Her tattoo was shaped like a bat or devil's wings. How expected. An evil person has an evil element. That makes perfect sense. But it makes me curious because mine are also wings, but it looks completely different. Mine looks a bit like an angel's wings.

 

"Heh.. enjoying a show? You can look, but you can't touch"

 

"Feh.. as if I would want to touch you!! Keep dreaming" I regret admiring her body. If only her personality was as nice as her face and body.

 

"Alright stay back. I'm going to release my flames" She didn't look at her hands or even close her eyes. She stared at the 5 moving targets.

 

"How much you wanna bet that I'll hit all 5 at once?"

 

"No way. Not possible"

 

"Yes I can... just because someone like you can't do it doesn't mean I'll fail"

 

"Hmph"

 

She ready her stance. I looked at her hands and suddenly a huge dark flame built up. It looked both beautiful and sinister. Like it was meant to the life out of people. A perfect murder weapon. I gulped.

 

Her flame is so... different from the others.

 

"Stop day dreaming" I snapped from my trance and saw her throw her flame at one of the targets. Suddenly the dark flame dispersed like fire works and became like 5 missiles. She hit every moving target with a bull eyes.

 

"Told you. I win the bet"

 

"Hey!! I never agreed to the bet"

 

"Oh right, you knew you were gonna lose."

 

"Shut up!!"

 

"Yo!!! Special giants... stop fighting. It's time for lunch" Taeyeon said to us.

 

The other elementists finished their trainings for the morning and walked towards us.

 

"Okay lets eat" Taeyeon said.

 

"Yoona do you care to join us?" Tiffany said with an eye smile.

 

"Thanks, but no thanks. I still need to fill in the forms for the mission I completed. Maybe next time Unnies." She finished talking and walked out the training room.

 

"Come on Yuri" Tiffany grabbed my and Jessica's arms and dragged us outside. When our group got to the dining room some of the non element users looked at us. Some looked at us with envy, others with awe. We ignored it and walked to get food. When we all got our food we sat down at the special table.

 

"How was your first day Yuri?" Jessica asked me.

 

"Yeah... did you learn about your flame?" Tiffany added,

 

"Sica It was crap. And no I'm still clueless right now. That Yoona didn't help me at all." I sighed and continued eating.

 

"Oh..." The two of them grew silent seeing I was not in a good mood and went back to eating. The rest of lunch was quiet. 20 minutes into the break I saw that tall girl, Sooyoung, walk to our table.

 

"Sooyoung!!" Jessica and Tiffany said ecstatically.

 

"Giant!!" Taeyeon joked.

 

"So tall..." I heard Sunny mutter.

 

"Hi guys... I'm back from my mission. How have you guys been?" She said with a bright smile.

 

How can someone this nice be best friends with Yoona? She must have poor judgement in character.

 

"We've been great.. except you know what happened recently" Tiffany said.

 

"Yeah... I know.. Oh right.. Jessica, Tiffany, Taeyeon  Lee Sunkyu, and Kwon Yuri... the boss asked me to tell you guys to go and meet him. Something about a mission for you 5"

 

"Oh thanks!!" Taeyeon said.

 

"How rare. Sunny and Yuri are still new. Why would he want them to go on a mission so early?" Jessica asked.

 

"I know right Jessi. Who knows? Well people learn best from first hand experience I guess" Tiffany replied.

 

Sunny was so psyched to be on a mission. I on the other hand just stayed quiet. I don't even know my powers and I'm going out there. I can't help, but feel worried. The 5 of us finished eating early and walked to the office. I noticed that jerk Yoona was sitting on the chair. When she saw me enter through the door she tsk-ed at me.

 

Is it possible for her to be nice even for 2 seconds? The day that happens is the day the world ends.

 

"Sit down girls"

 

The 5 of us that just came in sat on the couch.

 

"I called the 5 of you and Yoona here today because you 6 are going on a mission together in England. Our allies there reported to have found more elementists. Your job is to accompany them from London to South Korea. Understand? You leave in two days. So get ready. Okay you're dismissed."

 

The 6 of us walked out of the office. No one said a word.

 

I can't believe I have to be with that jerk.

 

"Yuri. You need clothes right? Tiff and I will take you to the HQ mall to get clothes. Would you three care to join us?" Jessica said.

 

"No thanks.. I'm gonna go to the training room" Yoona replied and walked away.

 

"Sigh... Yoona is still the same. Still secluded. Her world is still very small" Taeyeon said. Jessica and Tiffany just nodded. Being that Sunny and I are new here we had no idea what they meant.

 

Why does Yoona try so hard to distance herself?

 

"So.. You two want to join us?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Sure" The two short girls replied.

 

We walked to the mall. Tiffany and Jessica got me some new clothes. I only picked 5 outfits because it seems tyrannical to abuse my tattoo to get free clothes. Especially when so far my power seems useless. When we finished we walked around the food court and bought some food. After that we went back to the dorms. I waved good bye to Jessica and Tiffany. I opened the door to my room and noticed someone was sleeping. Oh right I have a roommate. She returned? I walked up to her bed to get a closer look. When I saw her face I was shocked. She woke up and looked at me.

 

"OMO!!!! Noooo Why you????" I screamed.

 

"Hmph... can you shut up? I'm just as annoyed by this. Especially because you stole my clothes. I need to burn them." that irritating voice said. God just hearing her voice puts me in a bad mood.

 

I can't believe I'm roomed with Yoona. This is worse than fighting those monsters.

 

TBC