Chapter 9.5

Opposing Elements

Not an update of the main story. This is a side story of how SooNa met and became friends. Chapter 11 of the main story will be up soon! ^.^

 

Chapter 9.5

 

"This will be your new home" A man in a suit dropped off the 6 year old doe eyed girl at the orphanage for people with uncontrollable powers. Here the order will raise the girl and help train her to be a useful soldier in the future. The silent, nameless child looked at the old church like building and nodded.

 

A man walked out the front door and greeted the two.

 

"So you're the genius with a special power. Nice to meet you. I am Kim Suho. I will take care of you from now on. Pleased to meet you" Mr. Kim reached out his hand for the little girl to shake, only to be surprised by her walking past him and ignoring him.


"I'm sorry, she's always been like this"

"It's fine. It must be hard for her to have these powers."

"Please take good care of her." The man walked back to his car and drove off. Leaving the six year old girl forever.

~~

Young six year old Yoona walked into the building and entered a training like room. There she saw people of all ages, although most appeared to be older than her. Except for one girl sitting on the table stuffing her face.

 

She scoffed and walked to a bench to sit down. From across the room she could see stares and people gossiping about her.

 

"That's HER right? That one nicknamed the genius?" A boy around the age of 14 said.

 

"Genius? You mean the devil. I heard she wiped out an entire village and she was put here because

both prison and the mental institution wouldn't accept her" A girl around 16 replied.

 

"She's got powers like us too right? So what makes her so special?" A 12 year old girl asked.

 

"I heard she has an unclassified power. Just like that other brat that's stuffing her face. These weirdos. I hope she's sane." A 17 year old male said.

 

The others were busy observing their newest recruit and discussing the rumors they've heard about the doe eye child. Some remained quiet fearing that the girl would go berserk and kill them all. No one dared to get near her. At first some people thought she was just being overrated and overhyped, but when they saw her get evaluated they realized her rumors were true.

 

In front of the entire crowd. The dark element using child effortlessly beat down all her enemies in combat as instructed. Everyone feared her powers. Except one girl that was in awe. The young shikshin girl highly respected the quiet girl. She was beautiful and when it came to battle, the doe eyed girl was transcendent. 7 year old Sooyoung desired to be friends with her.

 

"Hey! New girl!" Sooyoung walked up to the girl during lunch.

 

"...." What does this girl want?

 

"What's your name?" Sooyoung smiled.

 

"...." I don't have one.

 

"Are you mute? I'm talking to you" Sooyoung uninvitedly sat down next to the girl. The latter responded by glaring at the girl.

 

"I wanna be your friend. I'm choi sooyoung" Sooyoung smiled at the younger girl and reached out her hand. The younger girl remained quiet and ignored the loud girl next to her.

 

"I'm a special user like you. I'm a psychic type. My powers aren't as developed as yours though. I can only read minds and move objects with my mind for now." The young sooyoung continued talking to the girl. She was aware that she was getting ignored, but she did not give up. Six year old Yoona got tired and annoying hearing the taller girl talk and walked away.

 

"Hey! If you don't have a name. Can I call you Yoona?" Sooyoung screamed.

Yoona ignored the girl and walked even quicker leaving Sooyoung a bit discouraged. Don't worry Sooyoung. You'll win her over eventually! Sooyoung Hwaiting!!

 

~~ 

 

Sooyoung did not give up even after being turned down so many times. Day after day she would try to talk to Yoona, which always resulted in her getting ignored. Yoona found the older girl annoying and clingy. Sooyoung always tried to get Yoona's attention. She's left food for the latter, played pranks on her, sit and talk to her every chance she got. She's even stalked the girl when she's going back to her dorm. Finally one day Yoona just got tired of Sooyoung stalking her everyday and sat next to her during training.

 

 

"Hii Yoona!!!" Sooyoung said ecstatically when she saw Yoona sit next to her.

 

 

"What?" Yoona finally spoke after the weeks of living here.

 

 

"Omo!! You spoke!!!" Sooyoung forced the younger girl into a bear hug.

 

"Get off" Yoona mumbled.

 

"So do you want to tell me your real name now?" Sooyoung asked?

 

 

"No."

 

"Why not??" Sooyoung responded.

 

"I threw out my old name a long time ago." Along with my family.

 

"Oh.. your parents didn't want you either?" Sooyoung read Yoona's mind.

 

"Yeah.."

 

"So you're fine with me calling you Yoona?"

 

"Whatever"

 

"You're rude you know that Yoona?" Sooyoung chuckled.

 

Yoona gave a faint smile.

 

The next day Sooyoung went to search for Yoona and did not find her in the training room, the cafeteria, nor her room. She walked out to the order's garden and saw Yoona up on a tree sleeping peacefully. Sooyoung used all her strength and climbed up the tree and watched the sleeping doe eyed girl.

 

"Yoona why are you up here?" Sooyoung asked when she saw Yoona slowly waking up.

 

"Those common element jerks kicked me out. I wanted to kick their butts, but they're not worth my time." Yoona explained. Sooyoung saw the sad expression on the girl. She knows how hard it is to be a special user. Back then special users were often out casts and looked at as freaks.

 

"Screw them Yoona. We have each other right?" Sooyoung smiled.

 

"Who said I wanted to be your friend?" Yoona replied cold.

 

"Heh.. I know you do!"

 

"Yeah yeah yeah.... now can you get off before the branch breaks and kills the two of us?" Yoona asked.

 

Sooyoung saw Yoona smile and realized, she had began to win Yoona over.

 

~~

Everyday Yoona and Sooyoung would hang out. Although Yoona seldom spoke, the two definitely got closer. The two would train together, eat together and sometimes even sleep together in the same room. A few months later in December Yoona caught a cold. She was excused from training. Sooyoung, worried about her friend went to the infirmary to borrow some medicine for Yoona. The nurse gave her some cold medicine and instructions on how much to give Yoona. Sooyoung smiled and waved goodbye. While she was walking back to Yoona's room, in the hallway of Yoona's room she a bunch of people outside. Most of them did not like the two special users and were stronger than Sooyoung. The young shikshin girl hide behind the wall to listen in on them.

 

"That brat is sick"

 

"I heard"

 

"Serves her right for always being so arrogant and thinking she's better than us. We outta teach her a lesson"

 

"But isn't it scummy to attack a sick chid?"

 

"Does it look like we'll have a chance if she's at full health. Of course not. And we're not seriously gonna wound her. We're just gonna go smack her a bit." Sooyoung, hearing this became outraged. She focused her energy on the 3 flower pots that were across the gang of bullies. She used her telekinesis and threw the pots at the 5 guys, hitting 3 of them in the head.

 

"Who the F**K?" One of the guys that was hit screamed.

 

"Must be that other brat!! Where is she? I'll murder her!!"

 

"There!!" One of the guys spotted Sooyoung. The 3 that were conscious ran towards Sooyoung, who was scared. She had yet learned how to teleport.

 

Suddenly the door to Yoona's room opened, revealing a 7 year old Yoona red with rage.

 

"Do. Not... Touch.. SOOYOUNG!!" Yoona charged at the guys and punched them in the face. She purposely held back to avoid killing any of them. When she finished beating them to a pulp she dragged them to the lobby unconscious and left them there.

 

"Hmph"

 

"Yoona.. you should get back to bed. You're still sick. Here I got you some medicine"

 

"Thanks...."

 

"Why did you beat those guys up?"

 

"Cause they tried to beat you up. What happened? Why is that flower pot smashed?"

 

"They said mean things about you and tried to hurt you. I got mad at them. Why do people always think you're scary. You're not. I can tell you're a very nice person."

 

".... whatever"

 

~~

 

The date is now February 10th, Sooyoung's birthday. Yoona prepared a cake for her best friend who is now 8 years old. Yoona is still 7.

 

"Happy Birthday Shikshin" Yoona said and gave the cake to Sooyoung. The two were celebrating in Sooyoung's room alone because they didn't want anyone else.

 

"Thanks Yoong!!" The two of them cut the entire cake and were able to finish the whole thing by themselves. Truly shikshin buddies.

 

"Hey Yoong"

 

"Hm?" Yoona replied while wiping some icing off her face.


"When is your birthday?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"I don't know. This stuff really did not mean much to me before I met you" Yoona said.

 

"Oh... well do you remember when did we meet?" Sooyoung smiled

 

"I don't remember?" Yoona replied short.

 

"May 30th. That was the first day you were dropped off here in the order. Since you started caring when we met. That will be your birthday. Okay?" Yoona smiled to show approval. May 30th? I like it.

 

"Yoong there's no point in thinking it. I can read minds. Duh" Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

 

"How rude. Reading other people's thoughts"

 

"Heh" Sooyoung gave Yoona a huge grin.

 

"So you gave me my name and my birthday. Should I call you Sooyoung Umma now?" Yoona teased.

 

"Why not? My adorable baby Yoong!!!" Sooyoung showed her weird aegyo and hugged her best friend.

 

"Sooyoung..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Thank you for being my friend"

 

The End