Chapter 27

Opposing Elements

Quick CO-AN: yasss it's summer vacation and i get food. i always get food so whateva. im still sad about taeyeon dating baekhyun but im trying to keep positive and write happy chapters for you guys! ;D


Yuri started feeling sweat on her forehead. It might have been from the heat, or from the fact that she's using a lot of energy in keeping Yoona and herself safe.

"Yuri, are you okay? You look extremely tired.." Yoona glanced back at Yuri but she got a small smile.

"Yeah, it's just getting really hot."

Yoona nodded and got back to preparing herself. She tested the bracelet to see if it was working and was glad to find out that she could still feel the rush of her power unlike when she was in the cell without the bracelet.

"So.. Do you know any weakness towards a dragon?" Yuri flinched when she saw the dragon breathe fire again.

"Um.. Not really except for the fact that there's a soft spot under the dragon." Yoona furrowed her eyebrows to try thinking of more weaknesses.

"Yo, Sica."

"What?"

"Do you know how to defeat a dragon?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Just answer it."

"Well.. I'm sure the tail is a good shot. Also under the dragon. Wings also cause it's mostly made of skin."

"Oh. Okay, thanks."

Yoona looked at Yuri for some details and Yuri wiped her forehead before speaking.

"Well, Sica said the tail was a good place to hit. Under the dragon, like you said, and the wings." Yuri recalled all of the advice from Jessica.

"Hmm.. Okay. I know what to use." Yoona snapped her fingers and nodded to herself.

The younger girl started to use her powers to form a broadsword. It was a dark black and grey, the hilt allowing Yoona a secure grip. The blade looked extremely sharp for something made out of what seemed to be magic.

"If you're going to help me fight, I'd advise you use something similar to mine. Or a bow can do, unless you can find a way to make guns more powerful." 

Yuri nodded and started thinking of a weapon she could use.

'Well you always had a good eyesight..' Lux had always noticed how Yuri had a keen eyesight that was able to track things.

'What about it?'

'You would probably have good aim.' Lux kept hinting at Yuri.

'Alright alright. Bow it is.'

"Yoona get ready to run." Yuri glanced at Yoona and saw the girl give a nod.

Yuri let down the forcefield and spun around before dashing away from the dragon.

"You're improving." Yoona caught up to Yuri and complimented the girl.

"Thanks."

Yuri quickly formed a bow. It was white, with golden linings and the string was extremely durable.

"Going with the bow?"

"Yep."

Yuri stopped for a moment before firing an arrow at the dragon's wings, making the dragon's next fire breath stop as it seemed to move back in pain.

"Hurry Yuri, it's gonna get mad at you!"

"Got it!" Yuri yelled to Yoona and shot another arrow at the dragon's other wing and dashed up again.

Yoona pulled Yuri to wall as fire was shot at them again. Yuri was pressed against Yoona as the heat singed her backed slightly.

Yuri pushed away quickly and grabbed Yoona's hand, pulling them into a fast sprint again.

"Do you think you can shoot it's wings again?" Yoona asked quickly while looking back at the dragon.

"Yeah why?" Yuri asked curiously and Yoona grinned.

"Just so I can get up close to it."

"Crazy ."

Yuri turned around and shot an arrow quickly at the dragon's wing and Yoona sprinted to the dragon, sliding under it and slashing it's unguarded stomach.

The dragon gave a loud roar as it was hurt and Yoona hurled her sword at it's tail. Yuri charged up her arrow and shot the other wing, creating even more damage than normal.

"We need to hurry up and get out of this narrow hallway. The guards might pin us here." Yoona nodded in agreement before pulling her sword out from the ground and running up to Yuri.

"Watch my back when we get to the panel." Yuri quickly added.

"Alright, just try to hurry up. I don't want to be roasted by the time we get out."

-

"Okay, so how are we going to get the bracelets? We're going to need those if we have any chance of surviving." Jessica asked and looked to each other the girls.

"Uh.."

"Erm.."

"We know how to get them."

The eight girls turned to face two people. It seemed that Seohyun managed to get some volunteers.

"A-ah.." Jessica avoided the tall blonde's gaze. Lizzy, who also helped the girls out earlier with tips for NU, nudged the blonde.

"You look like you're trying to rip her to pieces." Lizzy joked around but reassure Jessica with a smile.

Tiffany looked at Lizzy, to the tall blonde, to Jessica.

"Sooyoung-ssi-"

"Tiffany sunbae, please call me Lizzy. I don't want to confuse you with your friend and well, I'm younger than you." Tiffany smiled and nodded.

"Lizzy and..?"

"Im Jin-Ah, but people call me Nana." Nana gave a curt nod and a polite smile.

Tiffany moved closer to Jessica as they all sat back down to make room for the new volunteers. They managed to squeeze on the long chair but if anymore people would try to help, they would most likely have to move to some other place.

"So about the bracelets?" Boa nodded to the NU guards next to Tiffany.

"NU is always accepting elemental users that are decent." Lizzy started speaking and like it was practiced, Nana continued from where the girl left off.

"And with the increasing amount of criminals we are catching, our higher ups are getting desperate for guards."

"They keep a box of already made bracelets in a locked storage room."

"But only the serious and most trusted officers are allowed to go in that room."

"And well, we're only guards. So we can't get in."

Boa raised and eyebrow and scratched her nape. If they were only guards, then how were they suppose to get the bracelets?

"But we have connections. And we might be able to snatch one of the trusted officers."

Sooyoung and Boa nodded. They trusted Nana and Lizzy's information and could use all of the help they get. Jessica knew she could trust Lizzy, and if Lizzy trusts Nana, then she'd go for it. 

"So we see if we can snatch an officer, get the bracelets with that officer's 'help' and we're home free." Krystal explained briefly, leaving out the major details.

"Almost home free, we still have to save Yuri and Yoona unnie." Sulli added in, knocking Krystal's head playfully.

"Enough. We need to be serious." Boa looked over to Tiffany in surprise.

As a matter of fact, all of the girls were surprised. The once eye-smiling girl was extremely serious. Her eyes didn't have a glint of happiness and she was grabbing the side of the table tightly.

The more Tiffany thought about saving Yuri and Yoona, the more she thinks of a bad result. What if they don't make it in time? What if not only Yoona, but Yuri along gets executed. Just thinking about it makes her head throb. Having her close friends die was almost as painful as having a loved one die.

"Lizzy, Nana. See what you can do about the officer. We'll deal with the rest." Sooyoung nodded to the two NU guards and they hurriedly ran off to see what they could do about the situation.

"5 minute break. Tiffany, you need to cool down. The room is getting hot." Boa strictly ordered and the younger girls meekly nodded in agreement.

Tiffany let out a sigh and stood up abruptly. She knew the room was getting hot. But she couldn't do anything but move to a different room. The girl walked out and soon after, Jessica followed to make sure she was okay.

"What's up with her?" Boa asked Sooyoung but even the tall shikshin didn't know what was happening to Tiffany.

-

"HOLY SH-" Yuri's sentence was cut off as the dragon's fire lit her boots on fire.

Desperately trying to put out the fire Yuri patted her boots repeatedly. Yoona was trying to stay serious and fight off the dragon to gain some time, but some laughter escaped and Yuri almost shot the girl.

'Wait, why am I using my hands when I'm sure I can use my powers to extinguish the fire. I can, right Lux?' 

'Yes of course.'

Yuri concentrated on the small fire and soon the extreme heat disappeared and she almost screamed in relief. 

Turning to Yoona, she saw the girl struggling and shot and arrow at the dragon's nose. Yoona sighed in relief and ran over to Yuri.

"About time, I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes." Yoona jokingly exclaimed but Yuri tensed and let out a nervous laugh.

Hearing that not-so-funny joke made Yuri extremely nervous. They were in a sticky situation and to be honest, Yuri didn't know if they could make it out in one piece.

Firing another arrow at the dragon, she grabbed Yoona's hand and pulled her to the side when the dragon's tail almost sweeped her away. 

"Thanks."

"No problem." 

Yuri got back to working on the panels and quickly slid the card down each of the slots. The door opened excruciatingly slow and Yuri gritted her teeth when she saw NU guards on the other side already.

"Yoona, we have some other guests we need to tend to."

Yoona groaned and and glanced back before frowning.

-

"Geez, we're missing Tiffany, Jessica and Boa unnie, how are we suppose to do this?" Sooyoung sighed but saw Jessica and Tiffany return with their hands intertwined.

"We're here Soo. But Boa unnie..? Where did she go?" Jessica let go of Tiffany's hand and sat down. 

Surprisingly, Tiffany felt lonely when Jessica let go.

"We don't know. And if we can't help them escape than there is a high chance of them not making it out." Seohyun cut in and slumped. 

All of the girls were tired and the atmosphere began to get tense. Frantic footsteps were heard and everyone turned to face the two girls who were running up to them.

"The whole NU is on lockdown. There's no way we can get in there!" Lizzy panted and sat down with Nana.

"Most guards are sent into the levels to try to recapture the escapees. That and I heard that the dragon was released." Nana saw Jessica deflate and she felt sorry.

"How are we suppose to get in there now?" Krystal asked with a hint of hope.

"That's just it! We can't! NU is in lockdown and trust me, it's going to be hard as hell just trying to get into that place." Sooyoung slammed her hand on the table and sighed. 

"There has to be some way. I'm sure that Yuri unnie and Yoona unnie can make it out." Sulli bit her lip when she saw Tiffany give a sad look.

"For now, we can't do anything.." 

 

15h 23m and 15s

 

CO-AN: THIS TOOK SO MUCH TIME. i was on vacation for like a month and then after i got back i was just too tired to update and i had to catch up on school work. i hope you guys enjoyed this cause it's a bit shorter(?) than usual. see you later, and i hope you support my dongsaeng!