Chapter 11

Opposing Elements

I edited the chapters in order. So look at the side. Chapter 9.5 has been moved up. I hope this will make it less confusing for my readers LOL

 

Chapter 11


Im Yoona ran across the streets of Seoul as fast as she could. With each passing second her anger and hatred intensified.

By now she was ready to rip her enemy limb from limb. She grew tired from all this running, but did not want to take a break.

"Sigh... I don't want you to die yet. I need you to be alive to take over this body. Here, I'll lend you some power.. KING."

Within seconds of hearing that Yoona noticed her feet were now off the ground. Instead she had spread wings and flew across the sky. The doe eyed girl looked at the ground below her and noticed it wasn't as populated as before.

Ever since the attacks and kidnappings first started areas have become more deserted. Either people fled from fear, or they were taken away like the reports. This was happening all over the world, and Seoul was no exception. Yoona saw clothes all over the floor in one of the towns she flew across. It was similar to what she saw in Japan. People looked like they evaporated and left their clothes.

Just what the hell has been going on? Yoona asked herself.

15 minutes later she reached the airport. Yoona landed on the front gate and looked around to see if there was anyone suspicious. The entire airport was deserted, which made Yoona feel uneasy and worried. She walked inside the airport and noticed there was not a soul in there. The place was messy, papers and luggage carts everywhere, almost as if it was just under attack by barbarians and people escaped for their lives.

Something just doesn't feel right.

"You're telling me King" Yoona's voice in her head said. Yoona already knew that voice was non other than her partner.. er her power.

You've been more talkative lately, why?

"Just preparing myself for when I take over your body. But for now stay alive."

You don't have to tell me twice.

Yoona continued looking around the airport hoping to find clues to Sooyoung's attackers, but found nothing.

Frustrated she focused her energy into her right hand and punched the wall. Completely demolishing it.

"Damn it!!!! You told me to come here so I did!! Now come out!!!!" Yoona screamed out loud. She was about to break another wall, but heard clapping and turned around.

"Truly amazing Ms. Im. Good afternoon I am Zexion.." The person in a cloak clapped.

This person reminds me of that b**tch that beat the crap outta me.

"Are you the one that hurt Sooyoung?" Yoona's voice was harsh, almost growling.

"Maybe I am, Maybe I'm not. You tell me" Yoona could see a smirk on the person's face.

Damn this person pisses me off. "Yah!!! I came here to fight, not solve riddles!! Fine if you won't tell me then I'll just force it out of you!" Yoona sprouted wings again and created a sword to attack her enemy. She saw her enemy smile and lift his finger. What the hell? A few moments later, Yoona realized her arms and legs were frozen. You have got to be kidding me. Yoona struggled to break the ice, but it was too strong for her.

"So you're an ice user?" Yoona glared.

Zexion smirked and shook his head. "Tsk tsk... think again.. am I ice or am I...."

"Lightning!"

Zexion shot a lightning bolt at Yoona, missing her face by 2 centimeters, but the speed was fast enough to cut her cheek a little. What no one should be able to possess more than one element. What the hell is he??

"The answer is simple dear, I'm a special user... my element is... thief"

"Thief?" This was the first time Yoona has ever heard of that element.

"Yup.. I can steal elements and use it as my own. The only catch it it only works for common elements. I am not able to steal your powers, nor Sooyoung's powers. But that doesn't matter. Fighting me would be like fighting water, fire, earth, lightning, ice and wind at the same time. Not even you can handle this."

"B*stard!"Yoona screamed.

"Aha... calling me names will not save you. Now join us Im Yoona. You don't want to end up like your friend now do you?" Zexion asked.

Yoona bit her lip.

Sooyoung... you went against this?

~~

Back in the order, the leaders have issued an immediate shut down. No one was allowed in nor out of the order.

"Guys I'm worried about Yoona, she hasn't returned yet" Taeyeon told the group.

"Me too.... I hope she's alright" Sunny said.

"This is Yoona we're talking about. She can't lose... right?" Tiffany asked.

"I don't know, but her enemy took down Sooyoung, we should expect the worse" Jessica responded.

Yuri remained in her seat and stayed quiet the entire time. She was too busy worrying about the younger girl.

"Yuri- Yah,,, what's wrong?" Yuri's partner asked her. Unlike Yoona's powers, Yuri's sincerely did care for her.

I'm worried about Yoona. She hasn't returned yet. What if something bad happened to her?

"You seem to care a lot about this girl" Yuri's power said to Yuri to master.

No I don't!!! Yuri screamed in her head.

"I'm just kidding Yuri"

Hmph...

"So what are you going to do? Are you gonna go and save Yoona?"

How can I? The order locked us in.

"There is a way"

Hm?

"You can force your way out?"

You're kidding right? You want me to defy the order?

"Don't you want to save your Yoona"

Of course I do... wait.. did you say my Yoona? We're not dating!!!!

"Guys I can't take this anymore. I want to go to the airport and see to Yoona." Jessica told her friends and stopped Yuri's conversation that was going on inside of her head.

"You girls thinking what I'm thinking?" Taeyeon said.

"Breaking outta here?" Tiffany replied.

"Nooo..... we're gonna dress up in loose clothing with our names on it and sing a girls' generation song. YES we're breaking outta here. Geez Fany. That was a rhetorical question." Taeyeon responded sarcastically.

"No need to be hurtful Tae Tae!!" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon, you midget. Don't be mean to Tiff." Jessica said to the shorter girl.

"Guys are we breaking out of here or not?" Yuri asked.

"Hell yeah.. let's go!" Taeyeon led her friends and walked to the main lobby. They were surprised when they saw senior officers blocking the exits and eying them suspiciously.

"Where do you girls think you're going?" BoA asked them while crossing her arms.

"We're going to save Yoona" Taeyeon replied to the senior officer.

"Did you not hear the orders? No one is allowed in or out. Yoona was stupid and ran out. You guys have to stay. If you don't we will have to use force" BoA warned them.

What do we do now Light Unnie?

"Light Unnie? Yuri why are you calling me that?"

Because I want to. So how do I get us out of here?

"Well.... there is something you can do, but I don't know if you can yet."

What is it?

"You can copy powers"

I can?? How do I do that?

"Just encounter another user and you can copy their powers, although since yours is just mimicking your ability to use those powers is limited"

Cool! So.. I should copy Sooyoung and get us out of here?

"You can try"

Yuri took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She imagined Sooyoung's movements when she teleported in front of her during training. Yuri created a circle in her mind separating her friends, her and everyone else so that they can get transported.

"You ready Yuri?"

Yes Light Unnie

In a flash Yuri and the gang had disappeared.

~~

"Wow Yuri how did you do that??" Tiffany asked. Within seconds the entire gang was transported outside of the  order. All of them were still trying to process what had just happened. 

"I.. don't know. My powers told I could copy other powers, so I did." Yuri explained.

"Your powers?" Jessica looked at Yuri with her eye brow raised.

"Yeah! I can talk to my powers. Can't you guys?" Yuri questioned. 

"Not that much. Every so often my ice oppa would talk to me about new moves, but you seem to have conversations with your powers" Jessica replied.

"Ice Oppa?" Tiffany rolled her eyes asked Jessica. 

"Yeah.. my powers materializes in a guy form surprisingly" 

"OKAY.. Anyway!!! My Fire Unnie is just like Jessi's ice oppa... we talk every once in a while" Tiffany said in a harsh tone.

What's her problem? There's something wrong with having my powers be a guy? I didn't choose his gender. Jessica thought to herself while staring at Tiffany.

"Mine too" Taeyeon said.

"Mine hasn't talked to me yet" Sunny added.

"Okay enough of this, we're wasting time. Let's go save Yoona!" Yuri yelled. The others nodded in response. Taeyeon used her powers and created a giant flying boulder for all of them to sit on because of how far the airport is from the order.

Light Unnie, the other powers don't talk to Sica and them that much. How come you talk to me so much?

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm a special type?"

Maybe.

"Guys we're almost there" Taeyeon told the group. Everyone became tense and just nodded. Yuri looked at the ground and noticed it was the same as what she and Yoona saw in Japan. 

"Hey check out the airport" Tiffany said.

"What about it Tiff?" Jessica asked.

"Seriously Jessi? You don't notice those 2 giant holes?"

"Oh.... must've been a fight"

"Jessi You DON'T say" Tiffany replied sarcastically.

Why is she being so rude to me? Did I do something wrong? Jessica thought.

"Okay we're descending now" Taeyeon said. The flying boulder slowly got on the ground and disappeared. The 5 of them walked inside the airport and saw debris everywhere. "Should we split up to look for Yoona?" The short leader asked the group. 

"Isn't that dangerous? I think it would be best to stay as a group" Sunny said.

"So how should we cover the entire area?" Taeyeon replied.

"Aish... let me handle this." Jessica sighed and created 9 ice golems. "Okay now we can just sit here and wait for the golems to give us visual of the entire airport. And they can crawl into the cracks that are too small for us."

"Wow Sica... you are lazy" Yuri said.

"Yup. I'm a lazy girl" Jessica replied and sat down on the chair with her legs cross, as if she was about to go to sleep. The golems scouted the entire airport and showed visual. There was absolutely no sign of life anywhere. 

"Hm.. where could Yoona be?" Taeyeon said to herself.

"She wouldn't betray us, right?" Sunny said out loud.

"No way! Yoona would never be a traitor. You don't think she got abducted do you?" Jessica asked.

The five of them remained quiet after considering the possibility. Suddenly one of the ice golems returned with a card.

"A card?" Jessica took it and read it.

Hello other elementists. I knew you would come for Yoona. You will soon join your friend who resisted. We have a surprise for you.

"A surprise?" Jessica read out loud. Out of the nowhere the card suddenly lit up and swallowed the 5 of them.
Teleporting them somewhere else.

"Where the hell are we?" Jessica asked.

"A castle?" Yuri said.

The 5 elementists inspected the area and saw that it was like a medieval castle.

"What the hell is this? Did we get transported back in time?" Sunny said.

The gang tried to think of a logical explanation, but saw another letter on the ground addressed to them.

No we have not transported back in time, silly. This is OUR head quarters. If you long survive enough to reach the top floor then you will see our surprise. Let the games begin.

"Games?" Yuri said.

Suddenly the ground started shaking, Yuri noticed parts of the ground were disintegrating.

"Crap!! Run!!" The 5 of them started to run inside the castle because they had no choice. They were not aware that they were being watched by the enemy.

"The games have begun"

TBC