Chapter 10

Opposing Elements

Chapter 10


Yoona and Yuri have both fallen asleep in each other's arms. The two of them were both tired from all of today's events and after expending so much energy. Although they have decent control of their powers it still takes a huge strain on the users no matter how advanced they are, which is why it is important to not overexert yourself to prevent hurting yourself.

Inside Yoona's dream

I hear a voice... It's calling me. I can sense it. Where am I? Why can't I speak?

Yoona was walking across a sea of nothingness. All around her was darkness and debris from what looks like a prolonged battle. Yoona looked into the dark ocean and saw emptiness, not just in the ocean, but in her eyes too.

Suddenly she saw her reflection forming into a figure of dark energy. The three dimensional figure appeared in front of Yoona with her own face and body. The only differences were this Yoona was in the and appeared more mysterious than the real Yoona.

"Who are you?" Yoona asked.

"Who am I? You of all people should know who I am." The other Yoona smirked.

The real Yoona looked at her copy with a puzzled expression.

"I am you. You are me. I am your power. I am darkness... therefore.."

"You are darkness" The other Yoona smirked and pointed at the surprised Yoona.

"What are you saying?" Yoona asked while stuttering.

"You should have heard it all. Naughty girl. Must I repeat myself? I am YOU. You are ME. We are one. YOU.. Im Yoona are darkness."

Yoona stared at the figure in front of her that was enjoying seeing her confused expression. What is going on?

"Heed my warning. Unlike those other wimpy elements out there that listens to their user like a stupid good for
nothing obedient dog, I am different. I will lend you power only if I deem you worthy. I refuse to work for someone that is weaker than me. Whether we like it or not, the world will always have a hierarchy. The king is always above the servants. For now I'll let you play "king", but if I sense even a bit of weakness I will take over you. I will destroy everything you find important to kill all feelings. Heh.. so long KING"

Yoona continued to stare at the other Yoona, surprised by what she is saying. She felt fear and intimidated by this Yoona. She could tell her element counterpart was completely serious when she said she would take over her body and make use of it.

"Those who are not worthy don't deserve power. So don't even mess up for a second, otherwise I will take over you. Be trapped in my darkness for eternity. Bye Bye" The other Yoona disappeared after waving good bye at the real and confused Yoona. Without warning she noticed the darkness was her in, dragging her into the ground.

"AH!" Yoona had woken up from her nightmare and was sweating while trying to catch her breathe, as if she just ran a marathon. She sat up from her bed and stared at her hand, remembering what her powers told her.

As much as I would like to say it was just a dream... it feels like it is much more than just that.

"Sorry... I refuse to give my body to you" Yoona muttered.

After a few minutes Yoona finally was able to breathe normally again. She looked to her right to check what time it  
was,but was surprised when she saw a sleeping Yuri next to her.


What the? Why is she in my bed? ... oh yeah she slept there last night.

She checked the time and saw that it was only 6 in the morning. She wanted to go back to sleep, but was too afraid of having the same dream again. Lost in her thought she didn't noticed that her communicator device with headquarters was beeping, until she saw the video message being projected.

"This is an urgent message from HQ.. please give identification to show that you are allied with us" The projector asked the doe eyed girl. Yoona typed in a password to gain access.

"Password Confirmed... the video will now be played"

Yoona turned to the sleeping girl to wake her up. She didn't want to go through the trouble of explaining what the video said. That would be a waste of time and energy. Yoona started shaking the elder girl who stirred a bit at the contact, but remained asleep.

"Aish.. this wimp... YAH!! Wake up!!" Yoona shook Yuri even more furiously than before, finally the rookie elementist woke up.

"What??"

"We have a message from HQ. You need to listen to this"

The video finally finished loading and started playing. "Attention all elementists and searchers. We have received urgent news that will be important. Please report to head quarters as soon as possible. All missions as of right now is suspended. We repeat this is an emergency protocol. Thank You"

The video shut down shortly and the light disappeared. Leaving the two special users confused.

I have a bad feeling about this... Why do I feel like this has to do with Sooyoung? Yoona thought.

"Yoona... we should head back"

"Yeah.. I'll open up a portal."

"Yoona, I have a bad feeling about this" Yuri said solemnly.

"Me too."

Yoona took out her portal key and quickly transported her and her partner to HQ.

~~

The two of the shortly arrived at HQ and were surprised by the chaotic scene they were experiencing. The place was  not only crowded, but also very noisy. Everyone came to HQ as soon as they got the message. Yoona and Yuri went to try to find their friends who were not assigned missions these past days. 

"Yuri!! Yoona!!" The two of them heard Taeyeon calling them.

"Taeyeon... what is going on here?" Yuri asked.

Taeyeon gave a grim expression which Yoona noticed right away. "Yoona, please follow us. You too Yuri"

Yoona and Yuri looked at each other, both having an uneasy feeling about the sudden emergency retreat and now their friend's depressing expressions. The two special users followed Taeyeon, Jessica and Sunny as they were instructed.

Yoona noticed Jessica's other half, Tiffany, was not here. The eye smiling girl is always clinging around Jessica. It was rare to see the two of them not together. This made Yoona feel even more paranoid. 

"Unnie, where is Fany Unnie?" Yoona asked Jessica.

"Yoona we'll see her. She's in the infirmary"

"Is she okay???" Yuri exclaimed.

"She is.. but.." Taeyeon could not bring herself to finish her sentence.

"But what Unnie?" Yoona questioned.

"The person she is with, is not okay" Taeyeon responded.

"Who is it?" Yoona asked.

The three elder girls looked at each other, debating whether to tell the doe eyed girl or not. Finally the eldest sighed and scratched the back of her head.

"Sooyoung"

~~

Once the 5 of them got to the infirmary, Yoona and Yuri were surprised to see Sooyoung in the hospital bed hooked to a bunch of wires. She was using a machine to help her breathe. Her entire body was covered with scars and bruises from what appears to be a terrible battle that she lost horribly. Yoona felt her whole world crushed seeing her best friend in this condition. Along with sadness, she felt anger. Hatred for whoever did this. She wanted to find that monster and rip him to shreds. 

Yoona walked by Sooyoung's side. Tiffany got off her chair and offered it to Yoona, which the latter kindly sat down.

"Unnies... how is she?"

"She's still unstable right now. Her heart rate constantly changes, but this was better than when she was first found. She was listed in critical condition and we thought she wouldn't make it. She had a stage 7 treatment and lost a lot of blood. Right now her condition has eased up a bit, but she is unconscious right now and we have no idea when she will wake up. We're sorry. This was the best we could do." Tiffany said.

Yoona just nodded. She held her best friend's right hand that was bandaged.

"Shikshin.. hang in there" Yoona gave Sooyoung a faint smile. 

Yuri watched the younger girl's pained expression seeing her friend in this state. She felt sadness for the girl and wanted to hug her, to let her know she was there for her.

What a pity my healing powers are not strong enough to heal her yet. Her condition is too critical. This poor girl, I can tell she endured a lot from these battle scars. Yuri heard a voice in her head.

"eh?" Yuri said out loud.

"What?" Jessica asked.

"Who just spoke?" Yuri asked her friends, who looked at her like she was losing it.

"No one Yuri.. Geez. Did you hit your head?" Tiffany replied. 

"I thought someone spoke" Yuri muttered.

You heard me.

Yuri looked around again. This time she avoided talking so her friends can't call her crazy.

Yuri... the others can't hear me. I am you. You are me. I am your power, Light.

Oh... So i can just communicate with you through my thoughts?

That's right Yuri. As I was saying I can't heal her yet. We're not strong enough.

So... how much stronger do I have to get? I want to help.

Find your resolve and you will see.

I will.

~~

"Yoona.... we found this when Sooyoung's body was transported here" Taeyeon told the younger girl and handed her a letter. The letter was still sealed, which means no one has looked at its' contents yet.

"What is this?" Yoona asked.

"A letter addressed to you, from Sooyoung's enemy. Hyoyeon told me they put that in her body before leaving." Jessica answered Yoona's question and held Tiffany's hand.

"Hyoyeon? How is she?" Yuri questioned.

"She's better than Sooyoung. She and Sooyoung are the only ones that survived this attack. She has already been dispatched from the hospital with only a few broken ribs." Tiffany replied.

"I see" Yoona said while opening the letter to read what it was said. She took out a piece of paper and read it to herself.

Greetings Im Yoona,

The fact that you are reading this must means you have returned from your mission. We are the organization filled with people that believe power users are superior. Don't you agree? Your friend Sooyoung did not cooperate, see what happened to her? Defending humans has no benefits. Someone like you should use your powers for something like this. We are waiting for you in the airport. We hope you will join us otherwise you will end up like those pieces of trash that died. 

Yoona finished reading the letter and clenched her first. How dare they do this to Sooyoung. She desired revenge. She wanted to kill all the people that hurt her friend like this.

"Unnies, I'm going out for a bit" Yoona said.

"What???" All the elder girls exclaimed, especially Yuri who looked at the younger girl with a worried expression. She can see anger in the girls' eyes, practically bloodlust. Yoona looked like she was hungry to kill someone just to soothe or calm herself down. Jessica, sensing something wrong with Yoona's sudden change in attitude in the younger girl, took the letter that Yoona read and read it really quickly. She soon got the idea that was going in Yoona's head.

"No Yoona! Do not get revenge!!! You are strong, that is undeniable. You're even stronger than Sooyoung, but this guy wiped out Sooyoung's entire platoon so easily. What chance do you have?? Don't rush into your death. Please Yoona. Stay calm. We'll get revenge later, but fighting when you're blinded by rage is not good. You will lose!!" Jessica said hoping to convince the younger girl to listen to her warnings and think things over, but she sighed hen she saw the anger in Yoona's eyes did not die down one bit.

"Jessi is right Yoona. Please... Don't do this. We have to be rational" Tiffany also tried to reason with the girl.

"Yoona... don't go. This is obviously a trap" Sunny said.

"Yoona, Sooyoung would not want you to get hurt for her" Taeyeon said.

"Unnies, I get that you're worried about me. But i have to do this. This person hurt Sooyoung" Yoona bit her lip and clenched her fist. She was surprised when she felt a certain tanned girl hug her from behind and sobbing quietly.

"Please... don't go" Yuri begged.

Yoona looked at the elder girl and gave a sad expression.

"Please Yoona... You'll get hurt. I don't want you to get hurt" Yuri tightened her grip on the younger girl, scared that she would try to escape.

Yoona turned around and gave a faint smile.

"I'm sorry Unnies.. I have to do this."

"YOONA!!" Taeyeon screamed.

Yoona got out of Yuri's grip and dashed out the door, because of her power and speed the others could not catch up. Yoona had already left the front door and headed to where the enemy was.

"Yoona..." Yuri muttered.

"What would you have said to stop her Sooyoung?" Tiffany asked the unconscious girl lying on the bed fighting for her life.

"Once she sets her mind to something, there's nothing anyone can say that will stop her." Jessica held Tiffany's hand tightly. She felt worried for her friends. First Hyoyeon was injured, Sooyoung's fate is uncertain and now Yoona could be rushing to her death.

"Please don't die Yoona" Yuri looked down and muttered.

TBC

As soon as YoonYul finally start getting along xD Thank you for reading. 

@PJShin.. well I guess this chapter answered you question about Sooyoung >.< YoonYul are so cute <333 They're such a love hate couple here LMAO. I want a Yoongie <33

@AsukaEnergetic thank you!! ;~; I was beginning to think my story from the lack of comments. JeTi is so adorable <3 My 2nd OTP. YoonYul is 1st ^.^ I'm glad you like YoonYul so much in this story ;D LOL I dib't want to give anything away for future chapters :3 And HyoYoung? Maybe.

SOSHI'S IGAB IS SO FREAKING BADASS OMFG <333 Yoongie's adorable failed rap!!!