Chapter One

When You Were Mine

There was a red and white checkered blanket laid out on the short, green grass. The wooden basket on it was filled with sandwiches, cookies, and drinks. This specific area was on a slight slope in front of a pond that was filled with ducks and lillies. There were large green trees all around. It was peacefully quiet with only two people--those two people being Minji and L.

 
Romantic? Sure! If not for the fact that Minji made the sandwiches and cookies herself, had her chauffeur drive him here herself, carried the heavy basket uphill herself, chose the spot herself, and laid out the blanket herself. Other than that... yeah... it was really romantic.
 
...Scratch that. This date .
 
L was annoyed by the flies. She was forced to fan them away and keep him protected from them. He acted as though those flies would kill him.
 
L was annoyed by the blazing sun. She was forced to run all the way down the hill, have her chauffeur drive all the way to the convenience store, buy him a hat and sunglasses (with her own money), go all the way back to the park, run all the way up the hill, and put the hat and sunglasses on for him.
 
L was annoyed by the uncomfortable grass. She was forced to run all the way down the hill again, drive all the way back home, get a pillow and blanket, drive all the way back to the park, run all the way back up the hill, lay the blanket on top of the other blanket, and put the pillow under his head.
 
L felt sore from lying on the hard grass. She was forced to massage his arms and legs and (worse of all) feet. Ew. Yeah. Feet. She gave him a massage for so long that her own hands began to hurt, but if it was for L, she wouldn't mind if her hands lost all blood circulation and had to be cut off.
 
L felt hot from being out so long. She was forced to fan him with one of her hands and massage his arm with the other until her wrists started to burn.
 
L felt hungry from not eating since morning. She was forced to feed him all the sandwiches she made, which meant that she didn't get to eat any. Like I said before, if it's for L, she'll do anything--even if that meant starve herself.
 
L felt thirsty from eating so many sandwiches. She was forced to help him sit up, hold out the juicebox for him, and help him lie down when he was done with it.
 
Is that not enough to prove how much this date ?
 
"Give me a cookie." L mumbled. She beamed at him, "Of course, Oppa! I spent six hours baking these yesterday! I-"
 
"I only asked for a cookie! Not a damn lecture on how hard you worked." He mumbled again. She pouted and helped him sit. She reached into the basket and took out a container of chocolate chip cookies stuffed with oreos (which are so damn good, if you ask me).
 
"Here, Oppa!" She held the cookie out for him. He lazily opened his mouth. She held it closer, and he bit a small part of it off. His lips curved downward before he spit it out onto the grass.
 
"Ew! What the heck was that?! That was disgusting!" He cringed and wiped his tongue. She flinched at his harsh words. Her shoulders fell.
 
*I baked for six hours to get these... and I nearly even burned my mansion down...* She ruined about eight batches of cookies. This was the first batch of cookies to come out good. She had eaten a cookie herself and found it deliciously amazing. It hurt to know that the person she baked them for didn't even like them. It didn't only hurt her. It embarrassed her.
 
"Juice!" He gave her a disgusted look. She bit her lip embarrassedly as she held out a juicebox for him, "I-I'm really sorry, L Oppa! I-I thought they tasted really good..." He raised a brow at her as he up the entire juice carton, "Well..." He started after he finished it, "You thought wrong." He snickered at her and made her cheeks turn red from embarrassment to shame.
 
She set the juice carton on the blanket when he finished it. She then helped him lie back down and massaged his feet, when he asked her to. Neither of them spoke for the next hour. He didn't, because he fell asleep. She didn't, because he was asleep. It was a depressing kind of silence.
 
To Minji, though, this date was as perfect as perfect could be. This was how every single one of her dates went with him--every single one. She would follow him like a slave and do whatever he asked--whether it be massage his feet, feed him food, or drive him around. Even on the first date, L made pay for the dinner.
 
He would never like to go out publicly. He would always like to go to quiet and empty places, like the park they were at right now. She thought it was because he's a peaceful person, who enjoys nature, and admired him for being so 'down-to-earth'. It's actually really because he's embarrassed to be seen with her.
 
Why would he date her, if he were embarrassed to be seen with her?
 
Because she was filthy rich. At least, her parents were filthy rich. Every allowance she'd get would be given to him. If he'd ask, even in the rudest way, she wouldn't even question him and give it to him happily and willingly.
 
"Yah. Did you get your allowance yet?" L asked after he woke up. She nodded and smiled. L smirked and sat up, "You won't mind if I have it, right?" He took his sunglasses off and stared lovingly at her.
 
Her eyes lit up like a kid that spotted a candy store, like a person who won the lottery, like an innocent girl in love. The way he blinks. The way he smirks. The way he talks. The way he yawns. The way he eats. The way he sleeps. Everything about him--everything about him--made her feel so happy, so happy that words couldn't even describe how happy.
 
"I don't mind! I don't mind at all! I'll transfer it into your account later!" Minji beamed at him, with her eyes sparkling as bright as the moon that had come out, if not brighter.
 
"That's great! Thanks, Babe~" He smiled before he leaned in and kissed her.
 
Her eyes fluttered close. Her heart sped up insanely fast. Her stomach burst with butterflies. She could literally hear those fireworks go off. She felt that she could fly. She felt that she could do anything and everything. She felt that she could die and still be happy. This was really how she felt every time he kissed her. He kissed her often (very often), but she would still feel this way every time he did. But, not even words could describe how magical she felt.
 
"I love you." He mumbled against her lips after the long, breath-taking kiss. Minji bit back a smile. "I-I lo-love you, t-too..." She whispered against his lips that smiled. She felt her cheeks turn a bright red from embarrassment.