Protective Sica

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

Chapter 9

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Everything’s going well in my life so far. My school stuff’s going fine. My friendships are going fine. I somehow became Jessica's bestfriend. My family is fine. Everything is fine… Almost.

 

After the incident in the restaurant, Minho apologized to me. I already told him that I’m fine and that things just got out of hand. Even though we’re not on good terms and all he does is annoy me, we’re still friends I think. Sort of?

 

Weird thing is, he kind of got to ‘Minho-being-good-boy-just-stare-at-Yuri’ mode. Which is incredibly uncomfortable. He’s not doing anything to me anymore. He’s just staring and when I catch him looking at me he quickly looks the other way. What the heck? I bet he’s itching to annoy me already.

 

One day I got extremely pissed off of catching him staring at me countless times so I confronted him.

 

“Yah! Big Bird!” I pushed him lightly.

“H-huh?” he faced me.

“Why do you keep on staring??” I squinted my eyes at him.

 

And as if he caught hold of his defenses…

 

“Who says I was staring??”

“Me!” I said.

“And me!” Donghae added.

“Waaa. Jinjja. I wasn’t okay?”

“Just don’t do it anymore okay? I’d prefer it if you annoyed me instead of staring at me like some kind of creeper.”

“Your wish is my command.” he smiled creepily.

 

Oh God. I shouldn't have.

 

“I swear Minho if you ever touch me, I’m gonna make sure you won’t get to make children in the future.” I put my hands forward.

“I’m not gonna touch you.” He said but he was still walking towards me.

 

I heard someone sigh behind us that made Minho flinch.

 

“Minho.” I looked back to see who the person was.

“Jess. I wasn’t gonna do anything to her.” He whined.

“Like you can.” I scoff.

"What did I tell you about those kind of jokes?" Jessica commanded.

"Not to do it." Minho hung his head low.

 

Jessica just shook her head and proceeded to give Donghae a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Hi babe.” I heard her say.

“Hey.” Donghae smiled.

 

Seriously these two. Why do I have to witness their lovey dovey moments?? It's so awkward being here.

 

“YAH! I don’t need to see that!” Minho said.

 

Wow Minho. You’re useful after all.

 

“Come on Minho. We rarely get to spend time with each other. Go somewhere else.” Donghae said.

 

Minho scoffed and walked away but not before staring at me again. I think he's trying to communicate through his eyes. I stared at him in return. And that's how we entered our eye communication mode.

 

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Wanna come?" he bobbed his head to the side.

"Like hell I would." I scrunched my brows.

"Do you wanna stay here and witness them eating their mouths infront of you?" it was her turn to raise his brows.

 

Uh. He has a point. I look over to Jessica and Donghae's side and they were in fact smooching non stop. Oh Minho. I stand up and collect my things.

 

"Where you going?" Jessica said when she noticed me nearly leaving.

"With me." Minho answered for me.

 

Donghae and Jessica raised their eyebrows.

 

"Stop what you're thinking!" I immediately said before they could even imagine things. Eeew.

"Come on Yuri. Get your lazy feet going."

"Ugh. I'll see you later Sica, Donghae." I left with Minho.

 

*

No one's POV

 

"Wait!" Jessica sat up from Donghae.

"Babe." Donghae caught Jessica's hand before she can even run to Yuri.

 

She sighed and sat back down.

 

"What's wrong?" Donghae said side hugging Jessica.

"Don't you think Yuri's getting comfortable with Minho?"

"So?"

"What do you mean 'So'?" her voice got a bit louder.

"I mean so if they get comfortable with each other? We should be happy they're getting friendly and not cut each others throats."

 

Jessica joined her brows. Somehow she just didn't like the idea. Donghae smiled when he saw how Jessica frowned. He straightened her eyebrows using his thumbs.

 

"Yuri's gonna be fine. She can take care of herself." He smiled.

"I know but she told me she never had a relationship before. What if she falls for Minho and he hurts her?"

"Jess. Come on. You know Minho. He will never do that."

"We never know!" she countered.

"You're so cute being so protective of Yuri." he pinched her cheeks.

"Because I know how Minho can be."

"Then what if he's the one who falls for Yuri, then he truly truly loves her. What would you do?"

"No. That can never happen. Now that I think of it, Yuri would never fall for Minho too." Jessica was being stubborn.

"Like you said babe, we never know."

 

Jessica frowned again. Scratch that. She was partially pissed off.

 

"Relaaaax. If ever they get into more than friendship, we should be happy and accept them. Just like how they accept us."

 

Donghae tried to convince Jessica that she doesn't have anything to worry about but the frown Jessica wore that moment never left the entire day.

 

*

Jessica's Mansion

 

Yuri was going over the things Jessica said that she didn't understand before. Usually Jessica would whine non stop and smile through the session but today Jessica was being awfully quiet.

 

"Sica. You feeling okay?" Yuri said.

 

Jessica didn't respond and was just doodling on her notebook.

 

"Sica." Yuri nudged her and Jessica looked up to her.

"Did you fight with Donghae?" Yuri asked.

"Huh?" Jessica looked dazed.

"I said did you fight with Donghae? You're awfully quiet today."

"Oh. Uh no. We didn't."

"Okay." Yuri dismissed the subject.

 

She noticed that Jessica was being weird because she now just kept staring at her. She sighed.

 

"Spill it Sica."

"Huh? Spill what?"

"I know you have something on your mind."

"Waaa. Jinjja. I don't okay?"

"Wa. Did Minho possess you today or something? You sounded alot like him."

 

Jessica's eye twitched.

 

"Speaking of Minho..." she started. 

"Where'd you go with him when you left us?"

"Oh. We just got drinks and walked around."

 

This surprised Jessica. Yuri and Minho with drinks? Walking around?? She's shocked but she still maintained her poker face.

 

"Oh really? What did you do while you walked around?"

"Talked? Where is this going Sica?"

 

Yuri is now confused of Jessica's behavior. She felt like she was beating out of the bush.

 

"Do you like him?" she finally got it out of her system.

"What? Like him? Huh?"

 

"God Yuri. You know what I'm saying!" Jessica thought as she glared at Yuri.

 

"Well he's kind of bearable right now... I guess." Yuri said seriously.

 

Jessica was horrified. She doesn't even know why.

 

"You like him??"

"Huh? OH LIKE LIKE HIM LIKE HIM? GOD NO!" Yuri defended herself.

 

Jessica heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"But why Sica? Do you... perhaps... have something for Minho?" Yuri carefully asked.

"WHAT?! NO!"

"Then why?"

"I.. It's just that I notice that you're more comfortable with him... and I'm..."

"You're?"

"I'm just worried for you kay?"

"Yah! You should worry about your clumsy self first!" Yuri said earning her a harsh slap on the shoulder.

 

"Seriously Sica. You don't have to worry about me. If ever I fall in love with someone, I'm gonna make sure that they're worth the fall. Thank you though. I appreciate it." Yuri grinned at her.

"Just be careful okay?"

"A-RA-SSO!"