Surrogate

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

Chapter 31

 

"Ummaaaaaaaaaa!" Yuri yelled inside their bamboo house the moment she step foot in it.

"Yuri?"

"UMMA!!" Yuri jumped and embraced her mother.

"Y-yah. Why are you here??" Boa asked still not believing that her daughter was there.

"Don't you wanna see me?" Yuri pouted.

"Of course I wanna see you babo! Did you fail school? Are you gonna live here again? You finally obeyed me??"

"Eeeeei. How am I gonna fail? I'm your daughter!" Yuri grinned.

"Eeiishh!" Boa ruffled Yuri's hair.

 

Jessica looked at the scene. The scene that was playing before her eyes was very different with her own. Although her mom had loosened up after the drinking incident, it wasn't enough to erase the fear she has for her mom. Yuri and her mother on the other hand... She looked at the scene again. She couldn't help but feel jealous.

 

"Ah! Umma! This is Jessica!" Yuri pulled Jessica.

"Wait a minute Kwon Yuri. I messed your hair but you don't even try to fix it." Boa sighed and fixed Yuri's hair.

"I know you're gonna fix it for me." Yuri gave a sheepish smile.

"Ah jinjja. Anyway, nice to finally meet you Jessica."

 

Jessica expected for a handshake but instead she received a warm hug. It also warmed her heart.

 

"Yuri has been talking endlessly about you. It has been like my day to day bedtime story." Boa told her.

"Yep!" Yuri agreed proudly.

"Ah re-really Mrs. Kwon?" Jessica asked shyly.

"Mrs. Kwon sounds too formal. You can just call me umma." Boa patted her head.

"Ahh. Aniya Mrs. Kwon. I don't think I-"

 

She was cut off when Yuri whispered her something.

 

"It's okay. If we get married, you're gonna call her umma then. Consider this as practice." Yuri grinned as she whispered.

 

Jessica turned bright red once she heard those words. She lightly hit Yuri's shoulder while the other girl just laughed it off.

 

"What are you two whispering about? Are you backstabbing me??"

"A-aniyo umma." Jessica answered and immediately her blush crept up on her face again.

"You kids are so cute. By the way, did the two of you go here alone?"

"Nope. We came with Jessica's dad. Ah! umma!" Yuri snapped her fingers.

"What what what what?" Boa chuckled at her daughter.

"Jessica's dad also told me to call her appa. Isn't that a coincidence Sica?" Yuri smiled widely at Jessica.

 

Jessica nodded while trying to keep herself from blushing once again.

 

"Ah jinjja? Where's your dad now Jessica?"

"He's parking the car somewhere here umma." Jessica answered slowly getting comfortable with Boa.

"He must have found it hard huh? We only got sand here in our tiny village."

"I'm gonna call for him umma!" Jessica said.

"Yuri can go with you. You might get lost. I'm gonna cook " Boa smiled and playfully shooed them.

 

Few minutes later, Yuri and Jessica came back at the house.

 

"Oh you came back already. Where's your father Jessica?" Boa asked while holding a spatula.

"I'm right here."

 

Boa dropped her spatula.

 

~*****~

 

Yuri and Jessica walked hand in hand, barefoot, alongside the beach.

 

"Do you like it here Sica?"

"Very much. I feel so at peace here. I would like to come back some day."

"Jinjja? Then let's go back here every summer!"

"Okay!" Jessica smiled widely.

 

Yuri let go of Jessica and ran towards the beach.

 

"What are you doing??" Jessica asked confusedly.

"Come Sica! Let's swim!" Yuri said as she splashed water towards Jessica.

"Are you crazy?? I don't have clothes!" Jessica said as she ran away.

 

Just not too fast for Yuri. Yuri hugged the other girl's waist, lifted her up, and ran fast towards the water.

 

"Yaaaaaaaahh!!" Jessica screamed as she was now soaking wet from waist down.

"Hahahaha!" Yuri splashed her water again and again.

 

Poor Jessica was now wet from head to toe. Seeing that Jessica stopped moving all together, Yuri walked towards her.

 

"Are you mad Sica?" Yuri asked worriedly.

"Yes." Jessica said as soon as she attacked Yuri with sharp splashes of water.

 

They laughed and laughed until both of them were soaked. When the attacks died down, Yuri pulled Jessica closer to her until they were hugging tightly.

 

"Yah. People might see." Jessica looked for people around the beach.

"There's an event in the town hall. There are hardly people in here." Yuri said as she shifted her gaze onto Jessica's lips.

"Yuri." Jessica said disapprovingly.

"Do you remember when we were at the immersion?" Yuri suddenly asked.

"Huh?"

"When both of us drowned." Yuri said as she walked them deeper in the beach.

"Ahh yea. You saved me." Jessica smiled as she wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck.

"You know what else happened that day?" Yuri smiled back.

"What?"

"We had our first kiss."

 

Yuri leaned in. Their noses touched.

 

"And it went something like this..." Yuri said as she pulled the two of them down the water.

 

They kissed. This time, they weren't on the verge of death but on the verge of falling deeper in love.

 

~******~

 

"Boa."

"What do you want Yunho?" Boa backed away.

"I want the truth." Yunho stood still.

 

Boa couldn't believe it. Years and years of running away from this family and now she suddenly got attacked by fate. She wasn't ready. She wasn't ready to lose Yuri. She knew they would take Yuri.

 

"Why did you run away?" Yunho started.

"I didn't run away. I was pushed away by you two."

"Why would we push you away Boa? You're Joohyun's sister and also the woman who held our child! Why would we push you away??"

"You didn't. But Joohyun did."

"You knew how Joohyun was Boa. You knew her personality. How can you run away with our child??"

"What you don't know was how she threatened me behind your knowing Yunho. She thought the two of us are having an affair! She threatened me, humiliated me. I was her sister but she couldn't trust me!" Boa cried.

"Was that why you ran away?"

"No. She threatened that she would sue me for having an affair with you! What else could I have done Yunho? I wasn't rich like you people. We share the same blood but we don't share the same fate. I hid for years because I knew I didn't have the power against her. I did everything for her, for you! I even agreed to carry your child just so she could accept me as her sister but she was so willing to imprison me to a crime I didn't do!"

 

Yunho was speechless. His wife... His wife was the reason to why they lost their child. He covered his eyes with his palm. It hurts to think how the things went. It hurts to think he was clueless.

 

"Boa... tell me. Where is Anna?"

"Is Anna... Yuri?" Yunho desperately asked.

"No. Anna died. She died when I gave birth to her." Boa shook her head.

"Boa..." Yunho trailed off.

"Why are you lying? Aren't the lies enough?" Yunho said as tears formed in his eyes.

"I have the DNA results. My DNA and Yuri's are a hundred percent matched..."

 

Boa gasped. This was it.

 

"Yunho please. Please don't take her away from me." Boa pleaded.

"I'm not gonna take her away from you Boa. You have been her mom and I saw how she loves you and how you love her... but... I need my daughter to know who I am and who she really is."

 

Boa knew what those words really meant. It basically meant "I'm taking her back."

 

~******~

 

"Joohyun... I've found Boa... and our daughter."

 


 

Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and delivers a child for another coupe or person.