FREEZE. SHATTER.

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 18

 

How much more awkward can this be? I already instructed Tiffany to atleast put a tshirt on so Jessica wouldn't feel that much uncomfortable as she already was.

 

I was seated on a single chair infront of the couch that Jessica was currently sitting in. All this time without Tiffany(who was dressing up), we sat in silence. She was looking at me with that same blank expression of hers. I've come to know through our 'friendship' or past friendship that behind that blank expression is a whirlwind of thoughts. That's why I'm so nervous right now. What is she thinking?

 

I looked at her bravely since it felt like she wasn't even looking-looking at me. I just studied her every movement. Then I saw movement on her brows. It was meeting in between. Ahh. She was frowning.

 

I turned my head to where her sight went too and that's when I saw Tiffany, WITH a long shirt but it was still SEE-THROUGH. GAWD TIFFANY! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO PUT ON DECENT CLOTHING??

 

"You guys are so awkward. Did you two break up or something?" Tiffany followed with a laughter.

 

Tiffany. You're turning my world upside down. I turned to Jessica and mouthed an 'I'm sorry' for my roommate's behavior and if it wasn't enough that she added to the awkwardness, she actually sat on my lap, put her other arm around my shoulder, rested her legs on the arms of the chair I was sitting on and munched on an apple. Like a Koala hugging a tree while eating.

 

"SO..." Tiffany started.

"Tiffany can you please get off me for a second?" I politely asked of her.

"Why?" she asked innocently as she turned her head to face me.

 

She was continuously munching on that damn apply while waiting for my reply. I didn't have the chance to answer back because Jessica already beat me to it.

 

"There are alot of empty seats in here as you can see Tiffany-ssi." Jessica said trying hard to be 'polite'.

"I can see that Jessica-ssi. Your point is?"

 

Jessica looks like she wasn't going to be polite anymore. Oh my God. Tiffany is doing this on purpose. Before they can even start a fight, I already lifted her bridal style and hurriedly ran to her room and threw her on the bed.

 

"OWWW!" (a/n: now you can legitly sing Twinkle.)

"STAY. HERE." I growl at her.

 

I closed the door with a bang. I held onto the knob tightly because knowing Tiffany, there's a high possibility that she'd fight back. When there was no sign of tugging from the other side of the door, I became worried. I took a peek inside and saw Tiffany half lying on her bed. She glared at me and muttered a 'Tch.'

 

Good. She's not angry-angry. I closed the door quietly this time and went back to a now standing looking angry Jessica.

 

"I'm sorry about her she's a little bit-"

"Can we talk??" Jessica cut me off.

"Ah yea sure. Let's sit-"

"Not here." she cut me again.

 

She grabbed me by the wrist and led me to my room.

 

"Put on something warmer. It's cold outside. Do it quickly." she said without a breathe.

 

I could feel the tension growing from me and her. This talk will either be our reconciliation or our end.

 

*

 

We were at a cafe quietly. Jessica has already breathed in alot of cups of coffee and was now biting her fingernails. A habit she does when she's really stressed out.

 

I reach for her hand to stop her. When I held her hand, she raised the other hand to nibble on it instead. I took hold of her other hand. Now I have her in handcuffed.

 

"Talk to me."  I said seriously.

 

She retracted both of her hands and faced me directly. Okay. This is kinda scary.

 

"Who was that girl?" she said staring straight into my soul.

"She's my roommate." I told her simply.

"I know she's your roommate. I asked you WHO she was." she pushed further.

 

I couldn't exactly figure out why we were talking about Tiffany. Shouldn't we be talking about other things?

 

"Jessica. Shouldn't we be talking about other things?" i said confusingly at her.

"Are you avoiding the subject?" her face contorting.

"I'm not. It's just that I'm confused of why we're talking about her when we have other issues to talk about."

 

I finally said that. Yes. There are other issues. Like for example, how she's doing after the near death experience. What she thinks of the false news of me liking her boyfriend and a bunch of other important things which does not involve my roommate.

 

She sighed and looked away. She looked like she didn't want to talk so I started our conversation.

 

"How are you feeling after the... drowning incident?"

"You saved me." she said still not looking at me.

 

*

 

Jessica's POV

"It wasn't just me. There was Donghae and Min-"

"You nearly died because of me."

 

I cut her off. I needed to know why she would do such a thing. Was it because of guilt?

 

"It doesn't matter Jessica."

"Why?" I need to know why.

"Does there need to be a reason?" I saw her baffled expression.

"YES!" I unconciously shouted.

 

I can't help it. She was being stubborn and I needed answers. Not only has she avoided that damn Tiffany questions and now she avoids this. The people on the cafe looked at us. I turned to glare at them with one swift motion. If I could glare at them one by one I would. That's how pissed I am right now.

 

"When someone important is in danger, you just do what it takes to save them okay?" she finally gave it out.

 

I don't know why but I feel like that wasn't the answer my heart wanted to have and it somehow pissed me some more. 

 

"Did you do it because you were guilty?" I scrutinized her.

"Guilty of what??" I can feel her temper rising.

"Oh I don't know Yuri. Maybe because you have hidden desires towards my boyfriend??" I raise my voice too.

 

She huffed. Stood up and walked away from the cafe. Typical Yuri. Running away when she's cornered but I'm not having it this time. I haven't seen her for so many weeks. It took me all my courage to talk to her this time. I had to see that of a woman inside her house clinging onto her. That jealousy I felt that's wanting to burst and scratch that smug face of that woman. This feelings! No. I'm gonna have my answers right now.

 

I rushed out of the cafe and followed her. She was walking too fast. Aish! I'm gonna sweat!

 

"Do you or do you not like my boyfriend??" I wanted to push it out of her while keeping on pace with her power walking.

"..."

 

Silence. I hate silence.

 

"Yuri!" I finally yanked her arm to face me.

 

So we stopped.

 

"I don't! Okay?"

"Then why??"

"Because I love you!"

 

FREEZE.

 

"Y-you're my bestfriend!"

 

SHATTER.

 

*

A/N:

As you can see, Jessica's now aware of her feelings. Only a matter of time.