Goodbye for Good?

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

"Sica~ We need to study!" Yuri whined which only elicited a giggle to the other girl.

 

They were at Jessica's room and Yuri was trying her very best to make Jessica study. Exams were coming up and there were a lot they needed to catch up to, especially Jessica who was also not cooperating at the moment. She was snuggling up to Yuri on the bed. Her head was put up closely on Yuri's neck and her arms surrounded Yuri's waist securely.

 

"Sica stop sniffing me! It tickles!" Yuri tried to squirm out of Jessica's embrace.

"Waaaeee~" Jessica asked full of aegyo.

"I forgot how clingy you were." Yuri sighed.

 

That statement effectively got Jessica to sit up and release her hold on Yuri. Yuri knew she was in trouble.

 

"And what do you mean by that? You don't like it? Am I smothering you?" Jessica asked sharply

 

Another sigh from Yuri.

 

"Aniya~" Yuri pulled Jessica back by the waist. "It's just we need to study right now Sica. You know about your grades." Yuri pouted.

"Hmp." Jessica turned and faced her back to Yuri.

"Aigoo. This princess." Yuri turned her and gave her a peck on the lips.

 

The other girl smiled so sweetly.

 

"So now study?" Yuri smiled.

"Arasso." Jessica giggled.

 

~******~

 

Everything was going smooth for Jessica and Yuri so far. Although they lost two close friends, Minho and Donghae who grew up with Jessica all their lives. Yuri felt apologetic. She felt like she was the reason why Jessica and the two boys became estranged but Jessica said it was okay. That it was worth it as long as they were with each other. Someday they'll understand.

 

Just like many times, Yuri has been sleeping over to Jessica's house. She rarely comes back to her dorm which made her think how Tiffany was. They haven't been in contact since that day she walked in on her and Jessica. It was not like she didn't make an effort to contact Tiffany. It was just because Tiffany can't be contacted.

 

This time she came back to her dorm albeit Jessica's constant whining. She needed to see if everything in her dorm was still in place. Maybe Tiffany made it a party hub or something.

 

She fished her keys out of her bag and opened the door. It was dark. So dark. Like no one living dark. She the lights. The house was empty. Where was Tiffany?

 

"Tiffany?" Yuri called out to no one.

 

She called out the other girl's name some more as she looked around the dorm. There was no one. There were so much dust everywhere. Everything was a mystery to Yuri. The room felt so empty.

 

Her feet led her infront of Tiffany's room. She turned the knob. What she saw inside surprised her. Luggages.

 

"What's going on?" Yuri thought.

"How long have I been out for things to suddenly turn out this way?"

 

Tiffany is a mystery. Yuri has never predicted what the other girl was going to do next and this was one of them. She hurriedly took her phone out to dial Tiffany's number.

 

"Your call has been transferred to voice-" Yuri ended the call. It was clear Tiffany did not want to talk. It hasn't been two rings before the call went to voicemail immediately.

 

Before Yuri could even send a text, she heard the door open. Just by the sound of those boots, she knew it was Tiffany.   It sounded like Tiffany was talking on her phone. But Yuri couldn't make out what Tiffany was speaking. English?

 

"I know dad. You don't have to remind me. No. I told you I'm not- ING !!" Tiffany jumped up in surprise when she saw Yuri inside her room.

 

Yuri wasn't fazed. She crossed her arms and stared directly at Tiffany. Tiffany was also staring at Yuri baffledly with her hand on her racing chest. Yuri heard the other line ask if Tiffany was okay.

 

"Yuri what the are you- No I'm fine dad. I'll call you later." Tiffany still spoke in english.

 

She put her phone in her bag before looking at Yuri.

 

"Now what do I owe this honor? Did Queen Jessica dump your and you're back here for some hot emotional ? Then you cry and cry while you me. Should I part my hair sideways?" Tiffany laughed.

"What is this Fany?" Yuri pointed at the luggages and ignored the other girl's remarks.

"Those are called luggages Yuri." Tiffany went outside and went back in the room with another luggage.

"I'm asking why is this here? Where are you going?"

"Just somewhere." Tiffany winked at her as she opened the new luggage and put clothes from her closet.

"I'm serious Fany. First you ignore my calls and text now I see all these. What's going on?" Yuri said desperately.

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

"Why are you so nosy?" she stopped what she was doing and sat on the bed.

"I'm just doing what you're doing to me. You crashed in my life now I'm crashing in yours. You don't know how worried I was when I can't get any form of contact with you. What's going on Fany? Is there something wrong?" Yuri sat beside her and faced her.

 

Tiffany looked into her eyes. There was something but Yuri doesn't know what it is.

 

"I'm getting married."

 

Oh so that's what it is.

 

"Stop joking around Fany." Yuri lightly pushed her.

"But I'm not though." Tiffany smiled.

"TO WHOM?!" Yuri yelled finally believing.

"Someone I've been engaged with from the start." Tiffany giggled.

 

Yuri could not comprehend. All this time... Tiffany has been engaged with someone.

 

"And you didn't dare to tell me??" Yuri asked disbelievingly.

"I didn't think it was important." Tiffany said simply.

"Fany this is something BIG!" Yuri said helplessly

"Okay Miss my-voice-is-bigger-than-yours, I can hear perfectly well. Please stop screaming." Tiffany shook her head

 

Yuri enhaled a big sum of air. She calmed herself down.

 

"You're leaving..." Yuri dazed on.

"Yes I am."

"To get married..."

"Bingo!" Tiffany beamed.

"When are you coming back?" Yuri asked sadly.

 

There was no answer. Only a smile. A smile that didn't reach her eyes. She's never coming back. Tiffany's not gonna come back.

 

"Y-you're not?" Yuri could feel it. The hurt.

"I'm not." Fany smiled.

"Do you love him?"

"No not really."

"Then why are you getting married?"

"Because I don't have my toy anymore." Tiffany reached for Yuri's cheeks.

"Fany..." the tears were very visible now.

"Oh you cry baby come here!" Tiffany opened her arms and hugged Yuri.

 

Don't leave. I'm gonna miss you. What about me? Why are you leaving me? Those were the thoughs on Yuri's head but she didn't dare to let it out. Because she knew it might come out with different meanings. But she can't help feeling that way. Tiffany helped her in her life in every way possible. Tiffany is in her heart. Letting go is never easy.

 

"Don't leave." Yuri caught off guard of what came out of .

"I have to. Or else... If I stay, I might ruin your love life." Tiffany said honestly.

 

There was no reply from the other girl. Instead, Yuri hugged Tiffany tighter.

 

"I was wrong... I may have attached myself a little bit more to you."

 

That was an understatement. The days Tiffany spent without Yuri only made her realize how she felt strongly for her. She thought, she really thought it was just her hurt feeling from her first toy that's clouding her heart. So she distanced herself away from Yuri. It was her typical system. If she steps over the line, she disappears to reset. But she found herself unable to reset. Indeed, it was time to leave. Really leave.

 

"Don't go." Yuri cried.

"I have to so you could be happy. I can just imagine Queen Jessica's wrath if I stay any longer near you." Tiffany joked to lighten up the atmosphere.

"She'd understand." Yuri burried her face in Tiffany's shoulder.

"I can't stay without stealing you away from her Yuri. Jessica can be possessive but I'm on another level. I don't want to ruin your life."

 

Her first toy, who was supposed to be just an experiment. Tiffany was straight but she was also adventurous, can get a little out of hand sometimes. She wanted adventure. So she hooked up with the nerd. Thinking it would be fun how the nerd's life would change by being with someone like her. But her plan backfired when she fell in love with the nerd instead. Tiffany being Tiffany, she didn't tell. She kept it to herself.

 

The nerd broke up with her because she felt that Tiffany was just playing with her. Tiffany was long engaged to someone. Something that was decided since Tiffany could remember. She felt very hurt but she kept her pride. She didn't cry. She didn't do anything. She just left. She left america and recollected herself in Korea.

 

That was something she regret. At night, she would think how it would be if she fought for the nerd. But it was all in the past, the nerd had a happy life with someone now... without Tiffany. That was why when she met Yuri, she helped her in every way she can with Jessica. Tiffany made them do what she could not do before.

 

She was only in Yuri and Jessica's relationship to help. But as if the heavens were playing with her fate, she fell again. Maybe it was the price of playing with people.

 

She knew she wanted to fight for Yuri. It was scary how she knew that this time she could do everything to get what she wants... but... Yuri loved Jessica.

 

"You know what a despedida is Yuri?" Tiffany asked randomly while Yuri broke the hug but still held on Tiffany's waist.

"Despe? Huh?" Yuri said as she wiped her tears.

"It's when Spanish people have a party for their friends who are leaving."

"No it's not." Yuri chuckled while sniffing.

"No it's not. But would you like to try?" Tiffany asked with puppy dog eyes.

 

Yuri giggled and gave Tiffany a peck on the cheek.

 

"That's it?" Tiffany's brows connected in a line.

 

Tiffany wasn't expecting anything else. She was just teasing Yuri. She knew Yuri was committed to Jessica wholeheartedly already. But Yuri surprised her with a kiss full on the lips. Of course she didn't waste a second more to respond as she wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck.

 

"Goodbye Yuri."

"I hope you come back Fany."

"I'd be married by then." Tiffany giggled.

"I hope it rains on your wedding day."

"I hope it storms whenever you and Jessica meet. I hope it rains even indoors."

 

They both giggle.

 


 

A/N:

Omo what is this...