Fine. I like him.

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

Chapter 10

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I can’t believe Jessica would think I’d like Minho in that way. NO in the WAY. How could I even like him?? He’s no way attractive at all! He’s handsome… and tall and he’s everything I thought I would want in a man but NO!

 

It’s so weird ever since I came to Seoul, it’s like I’ve never taken interest in a man at all. I had a little crush for Donghae but that immediately disappeared the moment I learned that he was Jessica’s ‘secret’ boyfriend.

 

Speaking of Jessica, I don’t know how to explain this. We’ve been so close now that I noticed that she can be a lot clingy. Touchy even. There were a lot of times when I was in her room for a tutoring session and she would just lay beside me, put her head on the crook of my neck and sniff me.

 

Sniff me. You hear that? She sniffs me. She’s not even listening to what I’m saying. At first, I was like ‘What the hell Jessica?’ but then she would just giggle it off and still do it anyway. I asked her why does she like sniffing me so much, she said I smell like summer. Well excuse me for being tan but does she think I smell like the sun?

 

So anyway, I ended up just letting her do her way. Some people have weird ways of learning and if that’s how Jessica learns then so be it.

 

That’s not the only thing I’m concerned of when it comes to Jessica. Whenever we four hang out or something, she sticks to me like a bubble gum. I sit down, she sits close to me. We walk around, she holds my hand or clings to my arm. I mean, I’m fine with it but I can’t help but think shouldn’t she be with Donghae?

 

I mean, she doesn’t even hang out with Donghae a lot now. Most of the time, she’s with me. It’s been really bugging me out lately so I finally asked the boys she’s been with since childhood.

 

“Hae, I have a question.” I started.

“What?”

“It’s something about Sica.”

“God, loser. Just spill it out. Do we need a narrator in here?” Big bird spat.

“Will you shut up? I’m trying to talk to a person here.” I spat back to him.

“And I’m not a per-“

“OKAY. What is it Yuri?” Donghae cut us before we could even start a fight about nothing.

“Don’t you think she’s changed? I mean… behavior wise?”

“Oh God. Be more clear los-”

 

I shoved an apple on his mouth. He was about to attack when I started talking again. God Minho can be soooo annoying.

 

“I mean, she’s more with me than with you. Does that bother you?”

“Not really. She’s just fond of you. You’re a new friend and her first girl bestfriend so.”

“Don’t you get jealous?”

 

Huh? Did that just come out of my mouth? Why would he be jealous? I’m a girl! Stupid Yuri.

 

“Why would I be jealous?” Donghae raised his eyebrows.

 

Think you pabo! Think! I can't tell him that about Sica being touchy than average. God. He'll think something's wrong with me.

 

“Uh. Right. Because you can’t be with her more because she’s always with me?”

"It's okay. We'll have plenty of time to be together at the immersion."

 

OH right. The immersion. Hah. That's great. ing great.

 

I didn't even notice Donghae left. I was too busy in my own world thinking about... I don't know what I thought about. I felt someone nudge me.

 

"What now Big bird?"

"I smell something fishy."

"Did you brush your teeth?"

"Would you like to check?" he countered back and leaning close to my face.

 

I tried to push him backward but was he strong. Is that muscles I'm feeling?

 

"God! Get off me." I frowned.

"You like Donghae do you?" he asked straight up.

"Of course I like him. He's nice. Unlike you."

"Waa. You're really stupid."

"Says the bird who got less scores than me every quiz."

"In matters of love, you're really stupid."

 

Now I'm confused.

 

"Huh? What are you even talking about?"

"You LIKE Donghae."

"HUH?"

"See? You're the epitome of stupid."

"I don't LIKE Donghae that way."

"Really? You think I haven't noticed you being all sour puss everytime you see Donghae and Jessica together?"

"I wasn't being a sour puss!"

"This is you when you see them." Then he imitated 'me' with a pityful face.

"I do not!"

"Just admit it!"

"There's nothing to admit!"

"Then do you like Jessie then??"

"I-... wha-... tha-" I widened my eyes.

 

in! Why do I have to stutter now! I swear this Minho! Now he's gonna think... No. NO! . He's expression is slowly changing. . No no no no no.

 

"I-" before I could even explain myself he already laughed out loud. I slapped his shoulder HARD. That's for making me worry.

 

"OW!" (A/N: The twinkle the twinkle. Okay. Ignore this. xD) He shrieked.

"It was just a joke. Goddamnit. That hurts! Why are you so violent?!"

"Next time, I'd bring a knife and cut your balls off."

"Why are you even so angry anyways??"

 

Uh because you asked me if I liked Sica with that face of yours! Of course I don't like Sica that way! I'm a girl! Even though I like how she cuddles to me or how I like how she sniffs me or how she holds my hand or how she hugs me or how she kisses my cheeks when she's thankful. And even though I get slightly jealous when see her get all sweet to Donghae when she thinks it's just them and even though I don't like her kissing him that doesn't mean I LIKE her that way! NO!

 

"..."

"Just admit it Yuri. You like Donghae. Or is it me you like?" he wriggled his eyebrows.

 

Well. You're wrong. Because I in like Jessica.

 

"Fine. I like him. You happy now?"

"Veeeery."

 

 

Let's just put it that way for now.