The Agreement

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 6

 

Diner

 

Yuri has been diligently working in the Diner. She has been there for two hours already. She and Jessica were supposed to meet but she hasn't seen even a slight trace of barbie. She'll be off in an hour too.

 

"Don't think about it too much Yuri." she told herself.

 

30 minutes later, she heard the bell ring at the front door. At last, Jessica was here and a person whom shall not be named.

 

Jessica caught sight of Yuri so she smiled and waved. Yuri waved back.

 

"Hey loser!" Minho said loudly with a smile.

 

God did Yuri want to strangle him right now. Why did his voice had to be so loud??

 

She breathed and contained her annoyance at the boy. She went over to their table to greet them.

 

"Hey Jessica. Thought you won't come."

"Sorry. I had to wait for this guy here. My mom won't let me go by myself and I didn't want to have a bodyguard following me inside here so. Tada! Minho is here." she explained while she raised her hand to present Minho.

"Tada!" Minho mimicked Jessica's actions which ticked Yuri even more.

 

Yuri's eyebrows were twitching. She contained herself and just gritted her teeth. She can't get back at Minho now that she's at work. She has to be caaaallm.

 

"What about Donghae?" Yuri asked Jessica completely ignoring Minho.

"I'll have a chicken burger. A large coke. Large fries..." Minho started.

"Oh Donghae? Uhh.. It's kind of a long story." Jessica looked down.

"Wait. Make that two large fries. And uh... make the large coke into medium. I'm cutting down on softdrinks." Minho still continued.

"No it's okay. You don't have to tell. So about the study buddy thing? How are we supposed to do it?" Yuri filtered her ears to only hear Jessica.

"Oh and uh a spaghetti... and... hmmm"

"About that... here." Jessica handed Yuri a cellphone.

 

Yuri raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

"I don't have a cellphone. I told you earlier right?" Yuri asked.

"That's why I'm giving you one." Jessica smiled widely.

 

This completely threw Yuri off guard.

 

"Jessica I can't take this." Yuri pushed back the phone softly towards Jessica.

"Take it. That's her old phone." Minho chimed in.

"Yea. Pleaase take it. I really need someone as smart as you to study with." Jessica pleaded.

"B-but... we just met a few days ago and just talked today! You can't give me this! This looks expensive!" Yuri said defensively.

"But Donghae knows you way before! So you're technically my friend too now!"

"No. Jessica. Just no. I'm not gonna accept this. This is so expensive." Yuri shook her head.

"But how am I gonna contact you then?" Jessica pouted.

"I'll find a way. I just can't accept this." Yuri said.

 

Seeing the pointless discussion, Minho intervened.

 

"How about this... You can pay Jessica for this phone." Minho said.

"H-huh? B-but..."

"Not instantly you idiot. You can pay her by being her Tutor. Like a tutor friend." He finally smiled.

"Did he just call me an idiot?" She asked Jessica while Jessica just smiled.

"You'll pay by the hours you spend tutoring Jessica. How about that?" Minho finalized while Jessica nodded her head. Yuri still looked unsure.

"Pleaaaaaaaase Yuri!" Jessica pleaded with puppy eyes once again.

"(sigh) Alright. But I'm still paying for this. My pay here in the diner is just minimal so it might take me a long time to pay this in full."

"But I'm already paying you to tutor-" Minho nudged Jessica.

"OH. Alright alright. My number's saved in there already. I still need to talk to my mom about this. So I'll call you then. Okay?"

 

Yuri nodded.

 

"Hey loser! Don't think that I forgot that you totally ignored me few minutes ago!" Minho spat.

"What are you talking about?" Yuri scrunched her brows feigning ignorance.

"You weren't listening while I was placing my orders!"

"That's because you're basically reading everything on the menu Minho-ya. You're not even gonna finish all of those." Jessica came into Yuri's defense.

"Still! As a customer, I have the right to be heard!" 

"Chicken burger, One large fries but then you made it to two large fries, a large coke then you changed it to medium coke and a spaghetti. What's your order Jessica?" Yuri calmly said.

 

Minho and Jessica were both dumbfounded. They thought Yuri wasn't listening to Minho all the way.

 

"Jessica?" Yuri asked when she got no response.

"OH. Uhh... Just... fruit shake." She barely made it.

 

Yuri smiled just to Jessica and went into the counter to place their orders.

 

"YAH! No smile for me??" Minho shouted to Yuri's back.

 

Yuri didn't even turn back but she didn't completely ignore Minho too. She simply raised her middle finger on her back knowing Minho would definitely see it. Jessica laughed wholeheartedly while Minho frowned.

 

"What a bad attitude. After I fixed your little argument, that's what I get??" Minho whined.

"Seriously Minho?" Jessica asked him incrediously.

 

Minho only laughed his heart out.

 

"Pft. You whine because of her attitude and yet you know the reason why she's like that to you."

"Hahahahaha."

"If I wasn't close to you, I would have thought you liked her." Jessica squinted her eyes to see Minho's reaction.

"What?! Oh please. Jessica. Not this again." Minho groaned.

"Whatever you saaay. Hahaha."

 

*

 

Jessica's Abode

 

Jessica was contemplating on how to approach her mom about Yuri. She thought and thought of the possible outcomes.

 

They were at the dinner with her mom and dad. Eating serenely until Jessica's father interrupted the silence.

 

"So Jessica, how was school today?" Yunho smiled.

"It was great appa. I made a new friend." Jessica smiled back.

"And who is this friend?" her mom asked which made Jessica fidget in her seat.

"Her name's Yuri. She's Donghae's childhood friend from the province."

 

Then it hit Jessica. She mentioned Donghae. !

 

"Donghae?" Her mom frowned.

"You're still in contact with that boy??" Her mom stopped eating.

"Relax Juhyun. I'm sure Jessica has an explanation. You don't need to raise your voice."

 

Jessica panicked.

 

"N-no mom. It was just a coincidence. We're classmates in one class and Yuri just mentioned that she knows Donghae and Minho told me it was true." Jessica lied.

"You better be telling the truth Jessica. I want no ties with that boy's fraudulent family."

"But mom Donghae-"

"NO BUTS!" Juhyun glared.

 

Yunho held Jessica's hand and looked caringly towards his daughter.

 

"I understand." Jessica hung her head low.

 

"By the way, this Yuri..."

 

Jessica flinched once again.

 

"I want to meet her."