Jessica: I really like you.

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 7

 

Jessica's POV

 

I'm so nervous about my mom meeting Yuri. She's not really that great with strangers. Let alone if she knows Yuri's financial situation. I told her that I talked with Yuri about the tutoring thing. She only looked at me skeptically. She told me why do I need to hire a student as a tutor. That only meant that I wasn't good enough. I was hurt. Truthfully. My mom's words are always sharp. But I wouldn't be hurt if it wasn't the truth didn't it?

 

I cried in my room that night. When will I be good enough for my mom? She suffocates me. I have a bodyguard 24/7 at my side. I can't go out with friends without telling her. I need to text her every minute. Tell her my location and ask permission for my every move. I really envy Yuri. She can do everything she wanted.

 

After collecting myself together, I decided to call Yuri to tell her the news. It rang a few times before Yuri finally answered my call.

 

"Uh... How do I... he-hello?" I hear Yuri say.

"Yuri? Is everything alright?" I ask her. She seemed to be troubled by something.

"OH JESHICA!" I pulled my phone out of my ear because of the sudden loudness of her voice.

 

And then the call got disconnected. I wondered what happened. I have this nagging feeling in my heart that maybe something happened to her. So I immediately call her back. Thank God she answered after the first ring.

 

"Yuri? Are you okay??"

"Omo Jeshica! Mianhe!"

"It's okay it's okay but is something wrong?? You sounded troubled awhile ago."

"It's just that... I don't know how to operate this thing. Hehehe."

 

I found myself giggling after hearing her laugh. There's something about Yuri that makes my mood lighten up.

"Don't worry I'll teach you." an unconscious smile showed on my face.

"Jinjja?? Thank you!! Hehehehe!" my smile grew wider.

"You're a really happy person Yuri."

"Of course. What is life for if you aren't happy right?" she said.

"That's right." I thought.

"Yea. Oh by the way Yuri, I already told my mom about the tutoring."

"Yeah? What did she say?"

"She said she would like to meet you first."

"Woaaah! The owner of Memorata wanting to meet me?? Jeshica! I think you're sent from heaven!"

 

Yuri excitedly answered. I was taken aback by her energy. No. Probably by her whole persona. She's just so happy. It's like I can't believe someone like her exists. I still have to warn her about my mom.

 

"I have to warn you though, she can be quite..." I struggled finding the right word to say "...unfriendly."

"Eeeey. She's your mother. I'm sure she's gonna be alright. Haha."

"I really like you Yuri." the words just slipped out of my mouth.

 

I was shocked. I can't believe I just said that. The way I said it is so wrong. Omo!

 

"Uh! I mean- I like-" I stuttered.

"I like you too! In fact there's so many things I like about you."

 

My mouth naturally smiled on its own. How many times did Yuri make me smile today? Anyway, I'm just glad she didn't take it the wrong way.

 

"Oh really? Like?" I asked still smiling.

"You have all the shoes I want!"

"YAH!" I yelled at her over the phone and heard her laughing non stop.

"HAHAHAHA! I was just joking Sica. Hahahahaha."

 

Sica? No one has called me that before. All my friends call me Jess or Jessie. I kind of like it.

 

"Sica?" I . She stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry." her mood dropped.

"Don't be. I kind of like it."

 

I hugged my pillow tight. I can't believe how I'm acting right now. It's like I have a girl crush on Yuri or something.

 

"Really??" her mood went back up again.

"Aish. You're shouting again!"

"Hahahaha. Sorry sorry."

"Jinjja." I let out a giggle.

"So you really like 'Sica'?"

"Yep. No one ever calls me that. They call me Jess or Jessie. So you're the first."

"That's good. Since my tounge can only utter limited english and Sica is the closest to it."

"Hahaha. Re-"

 

I stopped when I heard the door of my room open. It was my mom. I faced her and lowered my phone.

 

"It's late. Who're you talking to?" she asked me.

"It's Yuri mom. I just told her about the news."

 

I showed her the screen of my phone and it showed Yuri's name on the call. She raised her eyebrows as if still doubting the truth of the call. I touched a button for video calling and as expected Yuri's screen was black. She must have her phone on her ear still. I laughed and my mom looked at me weirdly.

 

"Yuri." I called over to her.

"Yep?"

"We're on video call."

"Huh?" I can hear her phone moving.

 

I first saw her eyes and it was bulging. I laughed again. She eventually pulled the camera away so her face showed.

 

"Yah. I didn't know they have this feature." she grinned. "Hi Sica! *wave* *wave*" She didn't stop excitedly waving.

 

I adjusted my phone so me and my mom could be seen on the screen.

 

"Say Hi to my mom Yuri." I told her.

 

She stopped waving and covered in shock. "Oh my God!" I hear her.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" she bowed several times to the camera.

"I'm a big fan of your company. I hope it only grows bigger."

 

I giggled at Yuri's sudden formal behavior. My mom only nodded seemingly satisfied that it wasn't the boy she was expecting on the screen. She bid farewell and told me to sleep. I turned back to face Yuri on the phone. She was pouting. So cute. My mom's already not here right? I know she already told me to sleep but... it doesn't hurt to talk to Yuri more right?

 

"Yaaah~ Why did you surprise me like that?? I thought I was gonna have a heart attack!" she whined and scrunched her brows upward.

"Hahaha. Sorry. She was asking who I was talking to so I showed her."

"Still you should have warned me atleast. How about a 'Hey Yuri, I'm gonna show you the owner of Memorata which you've been idolozing since I don't know forever. By the way she's also my mom'?"

I laughed again. "You're exaggerating."

"OMONA! I JUST MET YOUR MOTHER!" She grinned widely.

"That doesn't count as a meeting though. She'd still want to meet you over lunch or dinner or something."

"OMO! What do I do?? I hope I don't screw up and make her dislike me or something."

 

I wanted to tell her that my mom would still probably dislike her. There's a high percentage. My mom can be very judgemental. I just hope she'd like Yuri because I really like Yuri. I can feel like Yuri would make a positive impact on my life. I hope my mom sees that too.

 

"You'll be fine." I smiled.

 

-

A/N:

 

Yulsic. Yulsic. Yulsic.

I added two lines in the foreword which tells alot about what will happen in the future. I suggest you read it.