The Second Chapter

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 2

 

KAIST

 

“Yes mom. I’m at the school already. Alright. I will. Bye.” She hung up as she ascended the stairs with her body guard in tow.

“Jess. We need to talk.” It was Lee Donghae.

“Sorry. Donghae-ssi. Madam Joohyun’s orders. You can’t talk with miss.” Her bodyguard stopped him from going any closer.

“5 minutes. Just 5 minutes.” He pleaded to the guard.

“Alright but make it fast.” The guard headed away to let them talk but not far enough to be gone from their sights.

 

Jessica held Donghae’s hand and lead them to a bench. They let themselves sit.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

“Jess. I already talked to my father. He wasn’t the one who run away with the money.”

“Then why is he hiding?”

“He invested the money in a business. The owner of the company was the one who run away with it but since he was the middleman he’s the first one who got sued.”

“Oh my God. I’m so sorry babe.”

“I’m fine I’m fine. It’s just that I want to make sure that everything’s okay between us.” He stared sincerely at her.

 

*

 

“Ack!” Yuri fell on the floor. Someone just tripped her. She immediately looked back and shouted at who she thought was the one who tripped her.

“Yah! Why the hell did you trip me? What’s your problem??” Yuri shouted at the boy.

 

The boy looked around unsure if the girl talked to him specifically.

 

“Yah! It’s you! Yes it’s you! Stop acting so innocent.” Yuri dusted her pants.

“Me? Why?” he pointed to himself.

“Isn’t it obvious?? You tripped me now I’m all dirty!”

“Huh? Me? And why would I do that?”

“How would I know? I’m not you am I?”

“I have no interest in you whatsoever miss. Don’t mistake me for someone else.” He shook his head and started to walk away.

 

Yuri felt like she was being ignored. She was the one who tripped and yet the boy didn’t even bother apologizing to her. Feeling angry, she shouted.

 

“Maybe if the size of your foot isn’t as large as a boat, I wouldn’t have tripped!!” Yuri screamed at the boy who was now in a good distance away from her.

 

The boy instantly tilted his head and stared angrily at her.

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

 

Uh. Oh.” Yuri thought.

 

*

 

“Maybe we should just let the situation cool off first babe.” Jessica said hesitatingly.

“And what if your mother’s gonna be angry at my family forever Jess?”

“Just don’t think of such things. We’ll be alright.”

“We’ll wait again? How long will you make me wait Jess?”

“You know how my mom is. I thought you understood.” Said a now worried Jessica.

“Right now, I don’t think so.” He walked away.

“Donghae!” but she was too late. Her bodyguard already stopped her.

 

*

 

“What the hell is your problem?!” the boy towered over Yuri.

 

Albeit being kind of intimidated of the boy’s height, Yuri stood her ground.

 

“What the hell is YOUR problem? Didn’t your parents teach you how to say sorry?!”

“I’m not the one who tripped you!”

“No one else was behind me! Don’t lie to me!”

 

It has just been a few minutes since he met Yuri but he already felt the level of stubbornness Yuri possessed. With a sigh, he calmed himself down.

 

“Okay. What do you want me to do then? Carry you around because ‘I’ tripped you?”

 

Although it was sincere on his part, it came across as mockery on Yuri’s side. Scrunching her eyebrows together, she went near the boy.

“AAAACK!!” she stepped on his foot.

“There! We’re quits now.” Yuri stomped her way out of the boys sight.

 

*

 

“God. Let’s stop with the bad vibes please? I already reached my quota of unlucky happenings. Can we postpone it till tomorrow? How bout next week?” yuri talked to the skies as she limped her way to the hallways of the school.

 

“isn’t that Donghae? OMG. IT IS DONGHAE!! DONGHAEEEE!” she jumped on a unsuspecting Donghae.

 

Both of them stumbled on the floor with Yuri sitting on his lap.

 

“Oh my God Donghae! It really is you! You look more handsome now!”

“Miss I don’t know you.” Donghae looked annoyed.

“No no no no. I’m Yuri. When we were young you helped me get-“

“Miss. *sigh* Yuri or whoever. I seriously don’t know you. Can you please get off of me?”

“Uhh..” Yuri just realized the awkward position they were in and there were already a lot of people stopped and look at them. “Sorry..”

 

Yuri stood up. She was about to say something to Donghae again when the boy totally ignored her and walked past her.

 

“Why is everyone ignoring me today?? Tch. Donghae. Cool with a bad attitude. Tch.”

 

*

Comfort room…

“Is there a virus spreading here that all men are such jerks? Tch.”

 

She was inside a cubicle and as usual talked to herself when she heard sobs on the other cubicle.

 

“Are you ok?” Yuri asked.

“Uhh. *sob* yea. I’m okay.”

 

Yuri was amazed on how beautiful the girl’s voice sounded. It was so feminine, unlike hers which was husky. Silence took over them. Yuri heard rumbling on the other cubicle.

 

“Uh Miss? Do you have a tissue?” the other girl asked suddenly which startled Yuri.

“OH! Y-yes. H-here!” In her panic she gave out the entire tissue roll to the girl.

 

She heard a slight giggle which made her blush.

 

“You didn’t have to give me the whole thing.” She giggled again. “Thanks anyways…”

“no problem…” Yuri said in a daze.

 

A minute later, she heard the door to the other cubicle open which meant the girl on the other side already took off. Although Yuri was curious as to who the girl is, she was emotionally tired from all the stress she went into after coming to Seoul so she just decided to stay there.

 

But when she looked down, she saw the kind of shoe she has been dreaming to have in ages.

 

“Oh my God!” she hurriedly took off and followed the girl with the shoe.

 

She followed the girl but her sights were entirely on the shoes she was wearing. Those were the kind of shoes that Yuri could only dream to have. And to see someone actually wearing it, she can’t help but want to take a closer look.

 

She tried her best to follow suit of the girl but she couldn’t do so because of her limping and the people that were passing by prevented her to move faster. She lost the shoe.

 

“Just when I was about to think something good might happen… *sigh* I wanted to look at the shoe closer.” She defeatedly sighed.

 

“Excuse me…” a familiar voice.

 

Yuri looked behind her almost immediately. She freezed. She has never seen someone so beautiful. Her hair curled. Her lips so pink. Her eyes like those of a cat. And her body…

 

“Woah. I think I’ve just seen a human Barbie.” Yuri thought aloud.

“E-excuse me?” the girl who blushed at the compliment asked confused.

 

Yuri cursed in her head. She reprimanded herself for being too careless with her thoughts. The other girl might think that she’s a total weirdo.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Yuri said. The other girl looked away and cleared .

“Why were you following me?” she asked bluntly which came off as cold to Yuri.

 

Realizing that this Barbie girl was the one she was following awhile ago. Yuri quickly took her sights to the girl’s shoes.

 

“WOAH! YOU HAVE MEMORATA SHOES!” she beamed with an energy on a whole ‘nother level.