Don't steal her away.

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 11

 

Yuri's POV

 

It's the day of the immersion. We're to go the country side of Korea to experience how it is to live without electricity. I don't think it's gonna be a problem for me. I grew up in the country side after all. But I don't know about my... hmmm... what was it? Oh right, my never-had-to-do-any-chores-since-fetus friends.

 

I think Jessica and Donghae would be fine. Judging how they don't seem to care about the world and just smooch their way in their seats. Can they be even more disgusting? They are so annoying.

 

"Hey." my seatmate nudged me.

"What?!" I snapped.

"Woaa. Easy loser. Don't channel your anger to me."

"I am not angry." I said with a scowl.

"Keh. Clearly."

"Oh Lord, what did I do to deserve being seated beside this man in a 4 hour bus trip? What did I do to deserve this torture?"

"Well drama queen, if you must know. You like your bestfriend's boyfriend."

 

I don't like him! Geez this Minho!

 

"Uh-uh. You like him. You told me yesterday." he wagged his finger to me.

 

Did I just say that out loud? .

 

"Okaay okay. Uggh. Why do you have to be sooo annoying?? Aren't you supposed to hate me to the bone right now? The fact that I 'like' your bestfriend which happened to be your other bestfriend's boyfriend?"

"Why would I hate you? I like you."

"WHUT?!"

 

I can tell that he was shocked too. Like it was a slip of the tongue. That sounds so wrooong.

 

"Relax. I don't like like you. I mean how would I like you. You're not in the slightest attractive to me. God, you're even as dark as a black puppy. Why would you-"

"You're blabbering!" I push him to the side.

 

And then he burst out laughing. I don't know why but I started laughing at him too. We just laughed like there's no one in the bus. Then I caught Jessica looking at us with Donghae fast asleep on her shoulder. She gave us a look. I don't know what that look means. It just showed blank.

 

It was getting awkward 'cause she just kept staring while Minho was still laughing slightly leaning to my side clutching his stomach. I gave her an awkward wave and she just shot me an uncertain look before she looked away. What was she thinking?

 

*

No one's POV

 

Almost all of the students on the bus were fast asleep, they still had 2 hours until they arrive at the village they're gonna be staying at. But Jessica didn't seem to be sleepy at all. A rare sight.

 

"Babe babe look at Yuri and Minho." Donghae nudged Jessica.

"whaaaat?" she whined but then looked anyway.

 

Yuri was sticking her tongue out an indication that she's fast asleep while Minho was taking pictures of her while supressing his laugh. The sight would have been cute to anyone including Donghae but not to Jessica. Her frown turned into a scowl and finally made her look away.

 

But then Donghae nudged her again telling her to look AGAIN but she shrugged it off. Donghae grabbed her arm just to get her to look. And then it horrified Jessica.

 

Yuri was unconsciously bobbing her head everywhere, this made Minho wakeup so he carefully put her head on his shoulder to stable her. Yuri then unconsciously snuggled and buried her face on Minho's neck while Minho rested his head on hers.

 

Jessica's mind turned blank. She can't think of anything else. What could she do? What could she do? Oh right she wanted to push Minho's head out the window and let it be crushed by a tree.

 

Realizing her thoughts, she shook her head. He was her bestfriend since childhood. She shouldn't be thinking that way about him just because she's jealous. Wait. Jealous? She wasn't jealous! She was just protecting Yuri!

 

"Y-YAH!" she screamed before she realized. Making some of the students in the bus wake up from their sleep.

 

Minho and Yuri weren't affected though and remained in their position which ticked off Jessica to another level. She wanted to scream again but Donghae already covered with his palm.

 

"Babe! Be quiet. People are sleeping!" he hissed.

"But- They- Minho and Yuri- They-" she said while feeling so uncomfortable about the whole situation.

"Shhh. Breathe innn. Breathe oouut." Donghae instructed her while she obliged.

 

"You okay now? Got your senses back together?"

"Y-yea." she managed to say.

"What's your problem anyway?" Donghae asked curiously.

"Look at them!" Jessica pointed at Yuri and Minho and widened her eyes at the new sight.

 

Minho's hands were in Yuri's waist like enveloping her in a hug.

 

"That was like our position seconds ago!" Jessica protested.

 

She was about to stand up and go to them when Donghae pulled her back in her seat.

 

"Exactly! We do the same thing! What's wrong with them doing it too??"

"It's not the same! They're not a couple!" Jessica argued back.

"For now." Donghae smirked.

 

Jessica stomped on his feet harshly making Donghae cry in pain. She didn't even try to comfort him. She crossed her arms and scowled in her seat. Donghae regained his composure and finally tried to decode what's on Jessica's mind.

 

"Look babe. I know you're being protective over Yuri but Minho's our friend. I'm sure he's not gonna hurt Yuri."

"Of course he's not gonna hurt Yuri because there's nothing to hurt if Yuri doesn't like him!"

"Oh I'm not sure about that babe. Look at that."

 

"Don't remind me!" Jessica thought.

 

"All I'm saying is, Yuri's a big girl. She likes who she likes and we don't have the right to stop her." Donghae tried to reason out to her girlfriend.

 

He started to panick when he saw her eyes suddenly become watery. He immediately pulled out his handkerchief and wiped Jessica's now tear stricken face.

 

"B-babe. W-what's wrong?" he was really worried.

"I feel like he's stealing Yuri away from me." she said through her sobs.

 

Donghae didn't know how to react. He was aware of this little obsession Jessica has for Yuri but he wasn't aware that it was to this extent. Like she wanted Yuri for herself only. Like if she was to pick one person to run to she'd pick Yuri instead of him. Like her obsession for Yuri might be stronger than her love for him.

 

Nevertheless, he shrugged the thought off his mind. There's no way, he thought.

"Shhh. He's not stealing Yuri away. She'd still be there for you." he said careful of his words.

 

 

 So he just consoled Jessica. There's nothing else he could do anyway. Well, not that he was aware of.