The Stranger's Glory

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 15

 

Boa knuckled Yuri's head.

 

"How can you drown when you grew up in the beach side?!" Boa angrily said.

"Umma umma ummaaaa~ I'm fine jinjja. I don't have any body parts missing right?" She grinned while rubbing the spot where Boa hit.

"YOU DROWNED!!"

"I'M ALIVE!!" Yuri replied.

"Aaaish! Jinjja Yuri! You could have died! What were you thinking?!"

 

Actually, Yuri wasn't thinking at all. All she wanted to do was to save Jessica at all costs.

 

"I was saving Jessica umma. I had to save a life." Yuri said sincerely.

"Okay you did a good deed BUT you almost died! You should only save someone when you are absolutely sure that you're coming out alive!"

"Umma. I don't think that's right." Yuri frowned at her mother's logic.

"It's right on my book and you're gonna follow it."

 

Yuri sighed. There's no point arguing with her mom.

 

"I'm sorry umma~" she gave her her aegyo.

"Aish. Just make sure you don't do it again arasso??"

"Uhhh..." Yuri struggled.

"Kwon Yuri." Boa threatened.

"Of course! I'm not gonna put my life in danger so my mom wouldn't miss me if I die!" Yuri grinned.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

"Good."

 

They shared an embrace and started walking their way out of the hospital. She and Yuri were talking about how Yuri felt bad that Boa had to travel miles and miles just to get to where Yuri and her friends were taken in for hospitalization. Boa was concentrating on talking to Yuri that she hadn't noticed a man walking towards them and bumped into him.

 

"Omo. I'm sorry!" she said as she faced the man.

"Boa?" the man stared at her wide eyed.

"Uh- I-I think you got the wrong person sir. I'm sorry again." Boa hid her face and quickly dragged Yuri out of the hospital.

"KWON BOA!" the man shouted and tried to chase them but they already disappeared.

 

*

 

Jessica fluttered her eyes open. Her head ached and she can only see white.

 

"Jessica!" Donghae hugged her.

"I'm glad you're awake!" he said as he released the hug.

"Wha... where am I?"

"We're at the hospital Jess. Are you feeling fine?" Minho said as he walked near Jessica's bed.

"Hospital?"

"Don't you remember anything babe?" Donghae asked worriedly.

 

She furrowed her brows trying hard to remember something. Images of water, bubbles and Yuri came into her mind. She was caught in a root. She couldn't breathe then Yuri came.

 

She was still angry at Yuri for not explaining herself about the bonfire incident. Instead Yuri ran away. That is why Jessica came into the conclusion that Yuri was guilty. Yuri had a crush on her boyfriend. Although she wasn't sure what she was angry about. Was it because Yuri had a crush on Donghae? or was it because Yuri has a crush?

 

She remembers pushing Yuri away when she was trying to save her. She was angry. She didn't want to be indebted to Yuri when she was angry.

 

She slowly felt air finally leaving her system when she felt Yuri cup her cheeks. Then... she kissed her.

 

"She kissed me." Jessica said unintentionally through her thoughts.

"What was that?" Donghae asked her.

"AH! No-nothing."

"You're face is really red Jess. You sure you're fine?" Minho asked.

"Of-of course!"

"Good. We were really worried. Minho called your parents. They're gonna be here in a few."

 

Jessica only nodded.

"Is-is Yuri okay?"

"She drowned." Minho said simply.

"What?"

"She drowned saving you babe." Donghae added.

 

As if on cue, Jessica's tears fell. One after the other. What her mind registered was 'She died saving you babe'.

 

"N-no. Yuri can't! she can't!" she said as she gripped on Donghae's arm roughly.

 

How can she be angry with Yuri when all Yuri was so good to her??

 

"Hey. Relax. She's alive." Minho said.

"Infact, she got discharged few minutes ago. Her mom came and picked her up."

"W-what? She... she's alive?" Jessica said still crying.

"Of course! Do you want her to die?" Minho joked.

"NO!" Jessica shot up.

"Hey hey hey. Get back down. Your body is still weak from exhaustion." Donghae instructed Jessica while she wiped her face.

"Is she really okay?" she asked once again.

"Yes geez! Infact she so gladly threw a water bottle at me when I went to visit her."

"Hahaha. You should have seen his face babe. Yuri has pretty good aim."

 

Jessica only sighed relief. Yuri can't die. She wouldn't know what to do if she did.

 

*

 

A week has passed since Yuri got discharged from the hospital. She was back in Seoul after some hard convincing to her mom that she absolutely need to stay in Seoul. Her mom was suspiciously trying to get her to quit school and go back to their hometown. It was a rough path telling her mom that she won't quit because her mom was really set on leaving seoul with her.

 

She turned her body to the right of the bed. She felt something tickling her face. It felt soft and fuzzy. With closed eyes, she tried to remember if she bought a puppy while being drunk last night.

 

"No I don't think so." she told herself.

 

She felt the bed shift which made her eyes shot open. Red... hair?

Her eyes travelled up. A girl?

 

"Woah. So pretty..." she thought.

 

Her sight travelled from her forehead, to her eyes, her nose, lips, chin, neck, shoulders, collarbone... collarbone?

Was this girl not wearing anything??

 

"No Yuri. Maybe she wore a tube top." she voiced to herself.

"No I'm not."

 

The figure was now looking at her with those beautiful eyes. She got shocked and slightly jumped on her bed. The figure pushed herself up using her elbow and leaned in dangerously close to Yuri's face.

 

"You know what else I'm not wearing?" she said as she looked straight to Yuri's eyes.

"W-wha-wha-what?" Yuri stuttered as she leaned her head backwards to add space to their merely inches apart faces.

"Everything."

 

Yuri saw a smile form on the stranger's lips from the corner of her eyes.

 

"Y-y-y-y-you're lying!" Yuri said as she tried to avoid eye contact but failed miserably.

 

The stranger didn't reply back. Instead she threw the blanket away which was the only thing that was covering their body. Then that was when Yuri felt the rush of blood coming up to her head. If the woman moves... Yuri was sure her nose would bleed.

 

The stranger was lacking anything that was supposed to cover her t-trea-treasures!

 

Yuri flinched and was just staring at the woman's body.

 

"You know what else is interesting?" the stranger whispered seductively in Yuri's ear which snapped Yuri's thoughts away back to reality.

 

"W-what?"

 

 

"You're too." she said as she Yuri's earlobes and left the room.

 

Leaving a shocked, bothered and warm Yuri.