Risk Taker

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

Did Choi Minho just confess to Kwon Yuri so sweetly? Jessica was flabbergasted. Minho knew. He knew and yet he still went on with this. She was betrayed and she made sure Minho knew how she felt when she dragged him away roughly from that sweet oh so sweet event he had prepared to Yuri.

 

Jessica pushed Minho on a wall with all her force. Minho fell on the ground from the impact and Jessica couldn't stop herself from kicking him. She kicked him once. Twice. She was angry and seeing Minho not fighting back made here even angrier. She stopped. Minho struggled to stand up. Jessica's kicks were not ordinary. It actually made him spit out some blood.

 

"Are you done?" Minho said while wiping the blood on his mouth.

"How could you?!" she slapped Minho which made him tumble back a bit.

 

He scoffed.

 

"This is for the best. You know well enough that you and Yuri are not gonna work out." Minho told her seriously.

"What?!" she was about to slap Minho again but Minho caught her hand and held on it tight.

"What what Jessica? Have you thought about this through? Are you ready to face the consequences?? Because I am. It'll be for everyone's best if she ends up with me." Minho's anger also shot up.

"Best? BEST??" she scoffed. "Yuri doesn't even like you one bit! Do you think she would be happy with you?!"

"And she'd be happy with you? All you'll bring to her is trouble Jessica. You have a 2 year relationship with your boyfriend who doesn't even know anything and you have your MOTHER!" Minho yelled.

 

Jessica freezed. Her mom. She wouldn't approve. Her mother would do anything to break them apart the second she smells something wrong. Was she ready? Her feelings for Yuri was getting stronger by the second but is she ready to defend their 'would-be' relationship to her mom?

 

"Think about it Jess. Yuri would only end up being hurt with you and I don't want to see that. "

 

With that Minho left Jessica with a lot of thoughts to herself.

 

*

 

Jessica walked back to the cafe with her mind in total chaos. Someone hugged her. She stumbled back. She snapped back in reality when she realized it was Yuri who was hugging her. So she hugged her tightly.

 

"Babo-yah! Minho came back beat up, left immediately and you've been missing for almost two hours! Where have you been?!" she heard Yuri say.

 

When Yuri didn't hear anything, she broke the hug and looked at Jessica.

 

"Are you hurt anywhere? Huh?" Yuri checked for bruises everywhere on her body.

"Yah! Where are you touching?" Jessica giggled.

"Uh-" Yuri pulled both her hands back.

"I'm fine." Jessica smiled.

 

Before Yuri could ask something again, Jessica was hugged by another person from behind. It was Donghae.

 

"Jess! I was so worried! I can't believe Minho left you there when he knew there were still thugs around." Donghae tightened his hug on her and burried his nose on her neck.

 

Yuri clenched her teeth. She can't be angry. No. She has no right. Atleast not now. Jessica saw the change of reaction in Yuri so she broke his hug immediately.

 

"Thugs?" Jessica tried to turn her attention to what Donghae said.

"Yea. He said thugs suddenly came up and wanted to steal from you so he let you run and he fought with them."

"What a fairytale." Jessica thought.

 

She wasn't able to reply when an annoying appearance made an appearance. Tiffany back hugging Yuri. So she sent her a glare.

 

"What? You've all been hugging around. I want some loving too." Tiffany stucked her tongue out to Jessica

 

And that's how Jessica decided. She can't let go of Yuri. There are many animals wanting to prey on Yuri. She can't let Minho's words affect her. Why was she always the one to have to plan things through? Her whole life consisted of planning and thinking things through. She always wanted to take a risk. Yuri might just be the risk she's willing to fight for.

 

*

 

After Yuri had finished her shift in the diner, she went straight to Jessica's mansion since she promised the girl to be there and tutor her again.

 

The maid let her in and told her that Jessica was in her room. She was about to go up the stairs when she saw Jung Yunho approaching.

 

"Oh Yuri. It has been a long time since I saw you." Yunho approached Yuri.

"Ah yes sir. I've been quite... busy." Yuri said.

"Really? I thought you two had a fight or something." Yunho said confusedly.

"Uhh we- uhh-" Yuri struggled to find the right words to say to Jessica's dad.

"So you did huh? Please be patient with my child Yuri. She can be stubborn at times. Most of the time her pride wins over her. You know she really likes you. You're the first female friend she brought home and introduced to us and I really like you too. I think you're good for her. So thank you for putting up with her." Yunho smiled.

"Ah aniyo sir. I should be the one who's thanking you... for letting me be friends with Jessica. I feel very lucky to have been friends with her." Yuri said with a small voice.

"And she's lucky to have such a nice best friend like you. She'll learn a lot from you." Yunho patted her head which made Yuri unexplainably happy.

"Thank you very much sir." Yuri smiled.

"Aniya. You can call me dad or appa." Yunho smiled back.

 

Appa. Yuri's never had a dad and calling someone appa made her giddy. Was this what it's like to have a father? She wishes her father was a person like Yunho.

 

"Thank you appa." Yuri grinned.

 

Yunho smiled once again. He patted her shoulder and gestured her to Jessica's room saying she probably fell asleep waiting for her already so she bid goodbye and rushed to Jessica.

 

*

 

To her surprise Jessica wasn't sleeping. She was just flipping on channels while sitting on her bed when she got in her room.

 

"Yah~ What took you so long?" Jessica whined.

"Sica! Your dad told me to call him appa!" Yuri jumped on Jessica's bed.

"Ah j-jinjja?" Jessica stuttered.

 

Yuri just got what Jessica thought.

 

"A-aniya! Not like that! It's- It's just I've never had a father and I've never called someone appa before. Is it okay if I call him appa?" Yuri sat beside Jessica.

"Of course it's okay. I'm glad you found a father figure in my dad. He's great!" Jessica beamed.

"Thank you Sica! I'm gonna tell my mom about this later. I bet she'll freak out. Hahaha." Yuri laughed.

"Hey. Thinking about it. I've never met your mom. I know she was at the hospital when we got into an accident in the lake but I've never seen you two there."

"I told her to go home. She was getting crazy by saying I have to stop my studying here in Seoul and come back to our province."

"Huh? Why?" Jessica leaned closer to Yuri because she was curious.

"I don't know."

 

Awkward silence dawned on them as they found their bodies too close for comfort. Yuri immediately got off the bed and laughed nervously.

 

"Ha ha. Ha ha. So... should we start the tutoring?" Yuri rummaged through her bag.

"Can I start asking questions first?" Jessica said still on her bed.

"S-sure." Yuri took out a book from her bag and started flipping the pages because of nervousness.

"What exactly do you feel about me?"

 

Yuri stopped everything she was doing. She couldn't see Jessica's eyes but she was sure the other girl was looking at her.

 

"That's not in the book Sica." Yuri said nervously.

"Yuri. Come here." Jessica patted the space beside her in her bed.

 

Yuri knew that wasn't a request. It was a command. So she went back with a wild thumping heart.

 

"Are you inlove with me?" Jessica asked bluntly.

Yuri hesitated but finally gave in. "Yes I am. It's been a long time."

"Long time?" Jessica asked curiously.

"Since before the immersion." Yuri looked at her hands.

"Wow." Jessica couldn't say anything else for she too noticed the odd feelings she had for Yuri during the immersion too.

"What about you?" Yuri snapped Jessica out of her thoughts.

"What about me?" Jessica decided to tease Yuri.

"It's not like I don't notice your over jealousy when someone comes too close to me and Tiffany said you're in love with me."

"Tiffany?" Jessica raised her eyebrows. That damn again.

"She's surprisingly good at reading people. She said it's part of her training as an actress. She instantly knew I was confused of my uality the first day we knew each other." Jessica saw that smile on Yuri's face while she was talking about Tiffany.

"Speaking of... her. You never told me how you two met." Jessica probed on Yuri and Tiffany's relationship.

"Oh... uhh... but you haven't answered my question yet." Yuri changed the sensitive subject.

"What question?"

"If you're in love with me or not."

"I do... I love you. There's no other explanation."

 

Yuri felt like jumping out of Jessica's balcony in joy. She couldn't hide her grin but it faded a few seconds later when she remembered... Donghae.

 

"Donghae..." Yuri started.

"I know." Jessica sighed.

"What... How are we..." Yuri couldn't find the words to say.

"Please give me time Yuri. We dated for almost 2 years and it will be hard to break it to him. Please" Jessica held on Yuri's hands.

"How much time will you take?" Yuri furrowed her eyebrows.

"Please Yuri. Don't make this hard on me." Jessica begged.

"So I'm just going to pretend like I'm not in love with you when you're with him and he has his hands all over you?" Yuri was hurt.

"We spent alot of moments together. It won't be easy. Please understand..." Jessica was close to crying.

 

Seeing Jessica cry softened Yuri up. She has to understand Jessica's position. She has to. Donghae was her friend too. She has to understand but it still didn't erase the fact that she was hurting deeply. She has to pretend. For now.

 

Yuri waited for Jessica to fall asleep before preparing to leave. She kissed the sleeping girl's forehead and left with a disturbed heart.

 

*

 

Yuri arrived at her appartment. All the lights were off but there was light coming from the living room. It must be the TV. Yuri walked quietly towards the living room. She was relieved to see that it was just Tiffany and not some crazy psycho trying to kill her. She the light in the living room.

 

"Why are you watching with the lights off?" Yuri asked as she sat beside Tiffany.

"Because I like it dark. Duh." Tiffany said as a matter of factly. "So..."

"So what?"

"I thought you were getting laid tonight and I find you in the morning with y hair."

"Fany... we're not like that. She still has some things to settle."

"Ohhhhh. Right. The clueless boyfriend."

"He just trusts her that much."

"Pffft. It's unhealthy to trust people so much. You have to reserve a little of your brain behind or you'll get messed up."

"Yeah." Yuri said blankly.

"So what would she do about him?"

"She didn't say. She said to give her time."

"Did she say how much time?"

"Funny. That's what I asked her."

"And? Did she answer?"

"No."

"Did she tell you she was going to break up with him?" Tiffany probed on. There was something wrong.

"No."

"Yuri." Tiffany said sternly.

"I trust her. That's all I can do."

 

Next thing Yuri knew was Tiffany sitting on her lap, successfully strangling her below.

 

"Fany. I'm not in the mood for games." Yuri tried to push her aside but Tiffany didn't budge.

"I'm serious Fany. Get off." Yuri was felt too weak to even move Tiffany again.

"You know what's truly funny?" Tiffany leaned in close to Yuri's face that their noses where touching.

"Jessica and Minho can fight for you all they want, but you still end up with me." She whispered.

"What happened to helping me get Jessica?" Yuri looked at Tiffany's lips.

"She's not ready for you... and I'm not ready to lose my toy just yet."

 

Tiffany leaned in closer than ever and Yuri anticipated. She closed her eyes it but it never came. So she opened her eyes to see no one in the room. Yuri knew what she's about to do would potentially become her biggest mistake in life... but her head was in chaos because of her situation with Jessica and with Tiffany getting under her skin.

 

She went inside Tiffany's room. She surrendered to the devil.