Mrs Jung Joohyun

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

A/N:

Didn't anyone notice the question mark on Chapter 27's title? There. Major hint for you. :( Heol.

 


 

Only a week is left before their exams. Yuri and Jessica were studying very hard every day. Although they were attending different courses in college, Yuri has been helping Jessica in her subjects any way she can. Most of the time, she helps Jessica in her subjects more than herself studying for her own.

 

*knock* *knock*

 

The door creaked open, revealing Mrs. Jung Joohyun with a smile on her face.

 

"Hi kids." Joohyun greeted them.

"Hi mom." Jessica sat up from the bed.

"Hello Mrs. Jung." Yuri stood up from the bed and bowed to Joohyun.

 

Mrs. Jung smiled and gestured Yuri to sit the down on the bed before she sat Jessica.

 

"You girls are studying well."

"Yes mom. Exams are coming up." Jessica smiled happily to her mom. Feeling somewhat proud that her mom compllimented her.

"Jessica, why is Yuri helping you in your subjects? She should be studying hers and not yours."

"Ah aniyo Mrs. Jung. I'm done studying mine so I'm helping her study since I don't have anything else to do." Yuri lied. She hasn't studied anything yet and Jessica knew it.

"As expected of someone who graduated 1st on their class right?" Mrs. Jung chuckled.

"Ahh aniyo Mrs. Jung." Yuri felt embarassed.

"Look at Yuri, Jessica. She doesn't need anyone to help her and yet she still comes up 1st. Why don't you learn from her?" Joohyun told her daughter.

 

Jessica hung her head low. Yuri noticed this so she quickly butted in.

 

"Aniyo Mrs. Jung. I have also lots of things that I have learned from Jessica. She's very hard working." Yuri looked at Jessica which Jessica replied with a weak smile.

"And yet you don't even need to work hard and you get at the top. Must be very convenient. I hope Jessica turned out just like you."

 

Yuri didn't like the conversation. It was always like this when she, Jessica and Mrs. Jung are in the same room. Yuri can also tell how dejected Jessica felt. It must be hard for Jessica to live with this kind of mom all her life. Was this the price of being rich? Having high expectant parents? For once Yuri was glad that she was poor. Her mom didn't expect of anything from her. Her mom just supported her.

 

"Aniyo Mrs. Jung. Jessica's wonderful just the way she is." Yuri said sternly.

"No-" Yuri cutted in before Mrs. Jung could cause more damage to Jessica's morale.

"Excuse me Mrs. Jung but I think we need to study now." Yuri tried very hard for the words to sound nice and sincere.

"Oh of course! I forgot. It was nice talking to you Yuri. I'll let you girls alone now."

 

Mrs. Jung stood up from the bed and went for the door.

 

"Do well Jessica." She told her daughter.

 

Jessica nodded. It was supposed to sound supportive but to the two girls, it sounded more like a threat.

 

They continued to study, this time in silence. No one dared to talk. Yuri could tell that Jessica was feeling down. Heck anyone would if they had a mom like that. Yuri couldn't take it anymore. They were sitting on the bed with their backs on the headboard. Yuri s her arms under Jessica and hugged her. Jessica kept her gaze at the book but she did snuggl to the warmth that Yuri gave.

 

Yuri kissed her and it sent electricity to her body. She responded back almost immediately. Almost needy. She pulled Yuri by the neck to deepen the kiss. Jessica was thankful that she has Yuri. As long as she has Yuri, she will feel fine. As long as she has Yuri, she can forget. As long as she has Yuri, she felt loved. That was why she loved Kwon Yuri. The other girl accepted her as Jessica Jung the human. Not as the heiress of Memorata which her mother expected her whole being to be, perfect.

 

~******~

 

Despite them studying very hard for the exams, especially Jessica. Jessica's exam results were not as acceptable. No. Definitely not for Jung Joohyun. Jessica knew this. 

 

"It's okay Sica. You passed didn't you? And you're second with the highest result!" Yuri tried to lift Jessica's spirits.

"This is not enough." Jessica shook her head.

"Come on. You are more than enough for me." Yuri grinned at her girlfriend which successfully got her a wide smile from the other girl.

"You are such a clown." Jessica lightly knocked on Yuri's head before entertwining their hands.

"Let's go." Yuri grinned and led Jessica out of the school.

"Wait. Can we go somewhere else first?" Jessica said with aegyo.

"To where?" Yuri raised her brows.

 

They went everywhere. To the cafe, to the mall, to the amusement park, to skating rink, to the fishing spot. Everywhere! At first Yuri didn't understand why they had to but then after awhile she got it. Jessica was trying to lengthen the time before she meets her mother. Jessica must be scared.

 

"Come on Sica. It's already late. Let's get you home." Yuri nudged her girlfriend.

"No. Let's go to this place first-"

"Sica." Yuri sighed.

"Your mom would be even more angry if we arrive later than now."

"You don't understand Yuri."

"You're second highest. I'm sure she won't react the way you think."

"She will Yuri." Jessica said sadly.

"Don't worry I'm here." She said sincerely.

 

That effectively stopped Jessica's hesitation. Yuri was there. Always there.

 

~******~

 

They arrived at Jessica's house. Jessica was very nervous. She never wanted to disappoint her mother which she felt she has done all her life. She kept wishing that her mom won't ask about the exam over and over agian.

 

They went inside the house and found no presence of the older woman. Jessica heaved a sigh.

 

"Let's go to my room Yuri." Jessica hurriedly dragged Yuri upstairs.

"Jessica?"

 

Fck. She thought. She turned around and went down the stairs with Yuri again.

 

"Good evening mom."

"Good evening Mrs Jung."

"Good evening. Why are you two so late? I heard the exams finished hours ago." Joohyun gestured them to sit in the sofa in their big living room.

 

Crap. What would they say?

 

"Oh Jessica had a meeting with her classmates for a project Mrs. Jung." Yuri lied.

"Ah jinjja? Okay. How was your exam Jessica?" Joohyun turned to Jessica.

"It was okay mom." Jessica hesitated.

"What do you mean by okay?" Joohyun asked inquisitively.

"She came in second highest ma'am! The gap between Sica and the first was just by 2 points." Yuri beamed. Trying to sound convincing so that Mrs. Jung won't blame Jessica for being second.

"Just by 2 points? You can't even answer 3 questions right so you'd be first??" Joohyun raised her brows.

"I'm sorry mom." Jessica hung her head low.

 

"What the. You don't have to say sorry!" Yuri thought.

 

"As expected Jessica. You always disappoint me." Joohyun stood up.

"I don't think that's right to say to your daughter Mrs. Jung." Yuri finally let out her feelings. She also stood up.

"Excuse me?" Joohyun glared at her.

"Yuri no it's okay-"

"No Jessica it's not. Mothers are supposed to be supportive of their daughters." Yuri looked straight at Joohyun's eyes.

"And what makes you say that? Have you been one? Have you been a mother?" Joohyun's tone slowly became dangerous.

"I have never been one Mrs. Jung but my mother surely doesn't treat me this way. Treat me like I'm always a disappointment." Yuri spat.

"Yuri stop!" Jessica pulled Yuri back.

"Jessica go back to your room." Joohyun ordered.

"But mom-"

"GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW!" Joohyun yelled.

 

Jessica got surprised. It was the first time she heard her mom yell.

 

"Mom. Yuri didn't mean any harm. She's just-"

"You dare talk back to me now? Don't make me yell again Jessica. Go back to your room." She said threatingly.

"It's okay Sica." Yuri told her but they all know that it's not okay.

 

Jessica obeyed albeit her heart feeling very heavy. But she didn't go to her room. She just stayed at the stairs.

 

"You. I don't want you near my daughter again." Joohyun ordered.

 

Yuri got surprised. She knew she can't stay away from Jessica. Perhaps she let her emotions control the best of her too much?

 

"Mrs. Jung. I was only telling you the truth. You were hurting Jessica's feelings deeply."

"You don't have the right to tell me how I should deal with my daughter. I know what's best for her."

"You know what's best for her but you're disregarding her feelings. Do you feel happy when you know she cries because of you??"

"How dare you! You have no respect for me!" Joohyun screamed.

 

 

"YURI!!" Jessica came running to Yuri.

 

 

Yuri was on the ground. Holding her left cheek. It was stinging so bad.

 

 

"Stay away from my daughter."