Rebel

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

"Mom. Why did you do that to Yuri?" Jessica asked in a scared tone.

"Don't start with me Jessica. That girl will only give you bad influence."

"N-no she's really not mom. She helped me study-" Jessica said timidly.

"I don't want to hear this again Jessica."

"But mom-"

"You see? You see what that girl has taught you? She taught you to talk back to me! First she disrespect me, now you're picking up her habits! Are you going to disrespect me too?!"

"Joohyun stop it!" Yunho held Joohyun back.

 

Joohyun breathed as Yunho stepped forward.

 

"Jessica. Go to your room. I will handle this."

 

Albeit hesitantly, Jessica nodded and went back to her room.

 

~******~

 

"Yuri please please pick up." Jessica held her tears in.

 

She has been calling Yuri ever since she was forced to go to her room. Her mom slapping Yuri, Yuri falling to the ground. That scene repeated endlessly in her mind. She wanted to talk to the other girl so badly but Yuri won't pick up which is understandable. Jessica just couldn't keep herself. She needed to talk to Yuri.

 

"Please Yuri pick up." she coundted the rings.

"Come on Yuri." she tapped her foot impatiently.

"Come on!!" her phone flew to the wall.

"Why won't you answer? Talk to me... please."

 

Finally she broke down.

 

~******~

 

"Why did you do it?" Yunho questioned Joohyun.

"That girl disrespected me!"

"Did you really have to slap her?? You don't have the right to do that Joohyun!"

"If you were here, you would approve of my actions." Joohyun defended herself.

"She only defended Jessica whom you were degrading once again. What's wrong with you Joohyun?! Why can't you care for Jessica like how Yuri cares for our child?!"

"JESSICA MUST BE PERFECT OKAY??" Joohyun screamed.

"Joohyun calm down." Yunho extended his arms to take hold of Joohyun but got pushed back.

"That's the only way she can replace Anna..." Joohyun fell to the floor crying.

"If only Anna was here, if only that didn't steal our daughter..." she continued.

"Shhhh. Jessica's here. Jessica's our child now. We must love Jessica like how we're supposed to love Anna. You can't continue doing this to Jessica, Joohyun. Jessica might runaway." Yunho consoled his wife.

 

~******~

 

Few days have passed. Jessica hasn't talked to Yuri since the incident. It wasn't because she didn't want to see Yuri or vice versa. It was because she was closely guarded by her bodyguard, preventing her from exchanging even a single word with the girl.

 

She kept it in. She tried to understand her mother's point of view. She also tried to talk to her mom that Yuri's not what she thought of her to be. Surprisingly, her mom has been calm of the situation. Her dad told her that he was also talking to Joohyun about it and that Joohyun was slowly giving in and to just give her mother time to adjust.

 

Tonight Jessica tried her luck. She needed to see Yuri. She missed her so badly.

 

"Mom." Jessica knocked on the door.

"Jessica come in."

 

So Jessica went inside her mom's room. Her mom was inside her bathroom putting on night cream on her face.

 

"What is it dear?" Joohyun asked.

"I want to ask you something." Jessica probed on carefully.

"Go on." Joohyun urged her.

"Can I go see Yuri?" Jessica looked up to her mother worriedly.

 

Silence came as her answer.

 

"Mom? Can I?" Jessica needed an answer.

"Not right now Jessica. It's late." then came the stern answer.

"Please mom. I'm going with the driver. I'll just be quick. Please mom." Jessica pleaded.

"Did you not hear me Jessica? I said it's already late. It's dangerous outside. Go see her another time."

 

Jessica knew that was final and she the suffocation she felt reached its peak. So she did what she never did before. Rebel.

 

~******~

 

There were loud knocks on Yuri's door. It was already cose to midnight. Who could it be? So she opened the door.

 

"Who-"

"Where's Jessica?!" Mrs. Jung barged inside the room.

 

Yuri shook her head. What was going on? Mrs. Jung was walking in a fast pace in her dorm calling out Jessica and Mr. Jung was outside apologizing to her.

 

"I'm really sorry Yuri but is Jessica here?" Yunho asked pitifully.

"Jessica? Huh?" Yuri found it hard to digest what was going on given that she just woke up.

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you're hiding Jessica here!" Mrs. Jung barked.

"What are you saying Mrs. Jung?? Jessica's not here!" Yuri finally caught on what was happening.

 

Jessica was missing.

 

~******~

 

Yuri called the people she thought she would never speak to again. Of course she called Jessica but she wouldn't answer. She first thought of Donghae but Donghae wasn't picking up. Minho was her only chance.

 

"Yuri?" Minho answered.

"Minho! Thank God!"

"Ow! Why are you screaming?"

"I'm sorry. Do you know where Jessica is?" Yuri went straight to the point.

"Jessica? Aren't you supposed to know since you're her girlfriend?"

"Minho I'm serious. Please. Just tell me if you know where she is." Yuri pleaded.

"Why don't you know where she is?"

"Her mother prevented us from seeing each other. Now she just barged in my dorm, accusing me of hiding her. I'm really worried Minho. Please just tell me if you know."

"Did auntie find out of your relationship?"

"NO! It's just- ugh Minho pleaasse! Stop being annoying and just tell me!"

 

Minho chuckled.

 

"I'll pick you up."

"What-"

 

Before she could answer back, the guy hung up on her. 15 minutes later, Minho came knocking on the door and told her to dress pretty. Turns out they were going to a bar.

 

"What are we doing here Minho?"

"I'm showing you a new side of Jessica."

 

He pointed somewhere in the bar where alot of people were dancing. She followed where his finger was pointing at and she found the blonde she has been worried for all night. Partying, drinking, dancing. It would have been okay if she was doing it with random strangers but she was dancing and partying with none other than Donghae.

 

"This is where she's been?" Yuri creased her brows.

"I thought it was because of you." Minho leaned to tell her.

 

Yuri didn't answer. She walked through the crowd but Minho followed her.

 

"You look nice by the way."

"Shut up Minho. I'm not in the mood."

"When were you in the mood when you're tlaking to me?" Minho chuckled.

"Why are you following me??" Yuri stopped and glared at him.

"Because Donghae might do something to you." He smiled.

 

Her glare softened as she just stared but it wasn't long before she cut through the crowd again.

 

"Sica." Yuri held on Jessica's arm tightly which stopped the drunk Jessica from moving.

"Yuri?" Jessica squinted her eyes.

"Hey go away lesbo." an equally drunk Donghae wanted to push Yuri but he was stopped by Minho's hands.

"Let's not get carried away bro." he smiled to his friend.

"Come on Sica. Let's go home." Yuri slid her grip on Jessica's arm down to her hand.

"No! I don't want to!" Jessica yanked Yuri's hand away.

"Jessica you're drunk! Let me take you home." Yuri tried to get a hold of Jessica again but the other girl pushed her hard.

 

Yuri freezed once she regained her posture from stumbling back. And as if Jessica realized what she did, she immediately went to hug Yuri tightly.

 

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." she repeated on Yuri's ear.

"Can we just... go home?" Yuri said a bit dazed as Jessica nodded on her neck.

"Let me take you home." Minho butted in.

"No it's okay. We'll take a taxi." Yuri told him

"Uncle Yunho already asked me where Jessica is and I told him to meet at your dorm. Auntie Joohyun will be with him. She doesn't like you, she won't listen to you. I need to be there."

 

Although it hurts Yuri's patience to have Minho there, he's right. Mrs. Jung won't possibly listen to her when she sees Jessica in this state.

 

~******~

 

Once they got back to the dorm, Yuri immediately dressed Jessica in more comfortable clothes and tucked her in the bed. A few minutes later, Jessica's parents came rushing in. Minho proved herself useful when he explained to them in detail how things went and how Yuri didn't have anything to do with it except bring Jessica at her dorm.

 

It relieved Yuri because she was physically and emotionally tired that night that she doesn't want to deal with an over protective mom's screaming.

 

A knock was heard and Yunho and Joohyun came in. Yuri was on the bed beside Jessica trapped in the older girls embrace.

 

"How is she?" Joohyun asked softly which surprised Yuri.

"She's asleep Mrs. Jung." Yuri answered politely.

"Let me get her Yuri. We've done enough chaos here already." Yunho went to the side to lift Jessica up.

"Let's go home dear." Mrs. Jung told her daughter.

 

Yuri tried to take Jessica's arms away from her body but Jessica only held tighter.

 

"No..." Jessica mumbled.

"Jessica, we have to go home dear." Joohyun told her daughter.

"I don't want to..." Jessica shook her head on Yuri's neck.

 

Yuri saw the crestfallen face of Mrs. Jung. Ah so she cares. Just differently. was what Yuri thought.

 

"Perhaps. She just needs to be away for a bit Joohyun." Yunho told his wife.

"But-"

"No buts." Yunho said final.

 

Joohyun turned to Yuri.

 

"Please take care of Jessica."

"Of course Mrs. Jung."

 

With that Mrs. Jung left the room sadly. She might have personally driven her daughter away from her.

 

"I'm sorry for all the trouble we caused Yuri." Yunho said apologetically

"It's okay Mr. Jung. Anything that concerns Jessica isn't trouble." Yuri said sincerely.

"Didn't I tell you to call me appa?" Yunho chuckled.

 

Yuri scratched her head and gave a sheepish smile.

 

"Arasso. We better go so you could sleep-" Yunho cut himself off when he saw the picture on Yuri's bedside table.

 

Yuri looked at his line of sight. It was Yuri and her mom.

 

"Ahh. That's my umma, a-appa..." Yuri almost whispered the last word.

 

Yunho widened his eyes. His heart skipped a beat when he heard Yuri say appa. The picture he's seeing now also didn't help his haunting feelings.

 

 

"My lovely umma, Kwon Boa." Yuri smiled.