Study Buddies

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

A/N:

Sooooooo! I've given up on the drama. lolololol. I've missed too many episodes and streaming local shows take so much longer than streaming foreign ones. o.o I don't even know why. So NOW, I'm just gonna take it on my own imagination with of course the main plot still in mind. I don't know how I'm gonna do this but so did I when I wrote 'Just Let Me Be With You Please'. Let's just go with the flow.

 

*

Chapter 5

 

It was their first official class at school. Yuri went in early and sat on one of the chairs in the middle section of the classroom.

 

"The middle section is good. Not too nerdy, not too bad . Bad people sit in the back." Yuri talked to herself.

"Oh GREAT! You're weird as too!" a voice full of sarcasm just entered the room.

 

Yuri looked for the voice and scowled when she saw the owner of the voice.

 

"What are you doing here?" Yuri scrutinized.

"Is this room your property?" Minho walked back and sat at the very opposite end of the room from Yuri.

 

Yuri could only groan. She was such in a good mood but then that brat had to ruin it.

 

One by one the students came in. Yuri wanted to make friends but she found out that most of the students were rich snobs. She tried to talk to her seatmate but was ignored. She tried to talk to another student but was only met with a disgusted look.

 

"What the are these people?!" Yuri thought.

 

On the other side of the room, someone was laughing so hard. It was Minho who was watching Yuri terribly fail at making friends. Yuri snapped her head and glared at Minho.

 

Minho in turn wrote F.A.I.L. in the air to further annoy Yuri which made her crumple a piece of paper and throw it at him but it landed on the biggest not to mention the scariest looking student in the room. That student stared at her seemingly annoyed. Yuri immediately stood up and bowed 90 degrees again and again to aplogize to the man, well boy but he looks like a man.

 

Minho only burst into another fit of laughter. Yuri sat down and mouthed a curse at Minho.

 

" you!" Yuri mouthed.

"What time?" Minho smirked.

"Aaaaaargggh!"

 

Minho officially is on Yuri's 'to-avoid' list in addition to the man she just threw a paper on.

 

*

 

Yuri scurried her way out of the class immediately to save herself from bad vibes coming directly from Minho. She hurried her steps and went to her second class.

 

She was panting when she found the room. She stepped inside and was surprised to see Donghae sitting on one of the chairs. Her day immediately brightened up.

 

"DONG-"

 

She stopped when she saw the pretty barbie conversing comfortably with Donghae.

 

"Do they know each other?" Yuri thought.

 

Sensing that there were other people on the room, Jessica looked to Yuri's direction.

 

"Oh it's you." Jessica smiled.

"A-ah. Y-yes. Keke." Yuri grinned awkwardly.

"Yuri! Come here sit beside Jessica." Donghae beamed.

 

"But it's so awkwaaaard." Yuri screamed in her head.

 

Nontheless, she sat beside Jessica.

 

"You know each other?" Donghae asked the two of them.

"I was about to ask that too." Yuri thought.

"Oh yea. She kind of followed me yesterday." Jessica calmly said.

"Followed you?" Donghae was confused which made Yuri get alarmed.

"NO NO NO! Not that Follow follow! Just... Uh... I was... Umm." Yuri stuttered in panic.

"She wasn't stalking me if that's what you're thinking. She said she liked my shoe." Jessica giggled.

"Thank you barbie." Yuri thought aloud.

"Barbie?" Donghae raised his eyebrows in amusement.

 

Yuri tilted her head to side and cursed.

 

". I'm failing miserably today." she whispered.

 

She heard a giggle from barbie. She turned to look at her with wide eyes.

 

"You heard?" Yuri asked Jessica.

"I'm right beside you you know." Jessica giggled again.

"I'm sorry. Like I said, I'm failing miserably today." Yuri grinned.

 

Then they heard a hustle of people from outside the room. They turned to look at the commotion. Yuri scowled.

 

"And it seems my miserable fate continues." Yuri muttered under her breathe.

 

Jessica looked at her confusingly as if asking her what's wrong.

 

"You'll see." Yuri sighed.

 

Minho stepped in the classroom and shut the door and locked it.

 

"Maan. That was tiring." Minho muttered. "Hey! Donghae, Jessica! Didn't know you took this class!"

 

Minho smiled big at his friends. His smile grew wider when he saw who was beside Jessica.

 

"Hey loser!" Minho beamed at Yuri while taking his seat beside Donghae.

 

"Great. Now he calls me loser." Yuri barely whispered in annoyance.

"Minho annoys you?" Jessica whispered leaning in close to Yuri.

 

Shocked at the sudden closeness, Yuri pulled her head back but then nodded anyway.

 

"You have no idea." Yuri whispered back.

"Maybe he likes you." Jessica smiled.

"What?! No in the way to hell! He annoys me so much I'm thinking of switching class!" She whispered way too loudly.

 

"Looks like you two get along well." Donghae said to them.

 

Both of them smiled simultaneously. Yuri was happy.

 

"Congrats loser. You finally made a friend! Hahaha."

 

Her happiness was shortlived.

 

*

 

The class went on and the four of them learned a lot of things through it. First, Minho wasn't the type to listen to class. He'd rather annoy Yuri but he can't since Yuri and Jessica were talking all throughout the class. Second, Donghae is Jessica's boyfriend. Yuri was slightly disappointed since she has this slight crush on Donghae. Third, Jessica had to control herself to stop her heavy eyes from falling. Yuri noticed this so she constantly talked to Jessica so she wouldn't fall asleep and get reprimanded by the teacher. Forth was that Yuri turned out to be really smart. Although she was always talking to Jessica, she answered the teacher's questions without fail.

 

"Woaah. How did you know that?" Jessica whispered.

"Aniya. It's just I read ahead."

"Why?" Jessica asked as if it was ridiculous.

"Haha. I'm on a scholarship. There are things I need to maintain." She smiled.

"You're really jjang!" Jessica beamed.

 

Yuri only laughed.

 

The class ended. Yuri arranged her things and stood up from her seat.

 

"What's your next class Yuri?" Jessica asked her.

 

Yuri showed Jessica her schedule.

 

"Oh so we only have this class together." Jessica looked disappointed.

"Yea." Yuri was sad too.

 

She was happy being in the company of Jessica and Donghae. Minho not included. They were her first friends and probably the only friends she'll have in the university. Minho not included again.

 

They walked outside the classroom and bid goodbye to each other but Jessica approached her again.

 

"Hey Yuri."

"Oh. Hi." Yuri smiled.

"Can you we like my study buddy?"

"Study buddy?"

"Yea. Since you're so smart and I'm kind of... not good at that subject." Jessica hung her head low.

"Hey." Yuri lifter her chin. "You're not 'Not Good', you're just a sleepy head. Keke." Yuri joked earning her a light punch on her arm.

 

"Alright. I'll be your study buddy." Yuri grinned while Jessica smiled widely.

"So can I get your number?" Jessica pulled her phone out of her bag.

"Uhh... I'm sorry. I kind of don't have a cellphone." Yuri said innocently.

"Huh?" Jessica asked confusingly. How can someone not have a cellphone anyway?

"Yea. I'm unique huh? Keke." Yuri grinned despite of her unfortunate state.

 

Jessica admired Yuri. Even though she lacked alot of material things, she was still happy. Unlike her who had everything but was unhappy.

 

"How am I gonna contact you then?" Jessica pouted.

"Tell you what, my classes end at 4. I go to the diner two blocks away from the dorm to work. Why don't we meet up there?"

"GREAT!" Jessica jumped too loudly.

"Hahaha. Arasso. Bye bye Jeshika. Bye bye Donghae!" Yuri waved to them.

"Hey. No bye bye to me?" Minho grinned.

"Bye bye big feet!" Yuri spat and Minho only laughed.

 

 

"See you later Yuri!" Jessica waved.

"See you later!' Yuri smiled widely.