No Air

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

 

Chapter 14

 

Fourth day of our immersion. It is also our last day in this village. I had good memories. I really did but the bad outweighed the good.

 

They gave us this day free for whatever we would like to do. I was thinking of just hanging out on the beach and avoiding Jessica as much as possible. I can’t face her now. She’d ask me if it was true then I’d surely deny then she’d ask me ‘How can I trust you?’ then I’d tell her ‘Because you’re the one I like’.

 

Hell. That’s ed up. I’ll lose her instantly. But then again, I’d probably lose her still if I didn’t do anything which is how I intend to. Maybe I should stay away from them before I bury myself deeper in this mess.

 

*

 

I was kidnapped… by none other than our hero… Minho. Who by the way, conveniently forgot everything he did last night. He asked me how he got that bruise on his face, and of course I told him I happily punched the lights out of him.

 

He didn’t believe me and I didn’t tell him the rest of the story either. I was fixed on not talking to him or anyone of them but of course, like always, everything doesn’t work like how I want it to.

 

He lifted me up, put me on his shoulder and ran. I didn’t imagine he was this strong. I tried to get off him but he had his firm grip on my legs.

 

Sigh. In the end, I just gave up. What happened to positive strong willed Yuri?

 

*

 

We arrived at a lake. Not to my surprise, there were Jessica and Donghae. There were no other people around besides the four of us. How will I face them again? Oh right. I didn’t even think of a plan.

 

“Yuri! Come on!” Donghae beamed while standing at the edge of a cliff.

 

Did he not know? Ahh. He was asleep.

 

I tried not to look at Jessica but I failed myself. She was just standing there. She looked pissed off at me. Her glare like lasers. She's serious this time. She's really mad at me.

 

“Ya loser! Let’s jump off the cliff!”

 

I really hate the fact that he forgot about everything. He’s the reason for all of this. I should stop calling him Big Bird. Big Bird is a lovable creature and he’s just… Minho. Minho the destroyer.

 

I was busy cursing Minho in my head when someone, again, carried me. Next thing I know was the lack of gravity. I was falling.

 

*Bugsh*

 

“HWAAA!” I let out after I pushed myself up in the water.

“HAHAHAHA! You should have seen your face loser!”

 

Minho screamed from the cliff.

 

“I HOPE YOU SLIP AND HIT YOUR HEAD MINHO!” I screamed from below while I maintained my balance on the water.

"DOUBT IT! I'M NOT CLUMSICA! HAHAHA."

 

Right. Is Jessica gonna jump? I'm worried. Donghae is here in the water and Minho looks like he's about to jump already... Yep. He jumped alright.

 

"Woaah! That felt so good!" He beamed while I glared at him.

"Yaah! You've been so grumpy at me this day. What's your problem?" Minho asked me.

"Ask that to yourself." I said as I swam away from him.

 

"Babe! Come on JUMP! It's a good stress reliever I promise you!" Donghae screamed to Jessica.

 

She looked like she was contemplating whether to jump or not. I'd prefer it if she didn't. She's clumsy and there's no one up there with her.

 

"Hey. It's dangerous." I said to Donghae.

"We're already down here Yuri. Nothing happened to us. Besides, I'm gonna catch her."

 

I just nodded my head. If you say so Donghae.

 

So Jessica was already at the edge of the cliff. Our eyes met for a second. I can tell she was holding her anger in. Maybe jumping would get some of the anger out. She breathed in... and jumped.

 

Donghae and Minho were cheering non stop. I stared at the bubbles waiting for Jessica to come up. I waited but there was no sign of Jessica. My heart started beating so fast.

 

A minute passed...

 

Two...

 

! I quickly dived in. I was farthest from where she landed but I was still the first to get near her. I struggled to keep my eyes clear from the sting of the water.

 

I swam and swam until I found her about 2 meters below me. Her foot got caught in a root. She was struggling. That's bad. She'll lose air quickly!

 

I went to her immediately. I put my hand on her back as if to tell her to relax. I'm here. She didn't relax. She pushed me away from her.

 

woman! I'm trying to save you!

 

I tried to untangle the root from her feet but it won't budge. I repositioned myself so I could push the root away with my feet while I pull it with all force I could muster. Where is Donghae and Minho?? 

 

I was still pulling on the root when I noticed Jessica's movements slowed dramatically. I looked at her. She was about to close her eyes.

 

NO! I wanted to scream. . Why did this root have to be so hard to untangle!! Jessica don't!! Open your eyes!!

 

I cupped her face. She looked at me. Good she was still a little bit conscious. Then I did what I wanted to do since I realized my feelings for her. She might hate me for this but... desperate times. Hate me all you want but you have to stay alive.

 

So I kissed her...

 

Only to give her air.

 

I felt the water moving around me. Atlast Donghae and Minho found us. Minho pulled out the root entirely which set Jessica free. Donghae pulled her up in the speed of light.

 

I watch them as they swam upwards where the sunlight is.

 

Jessica is saved.

 

Thank God.

 

And that's the last thing I saw before everything around me dimmed.

 

 

*

A/N:

Have you heard the news? SNSD comeback on January! Like finally finally. MBC has announced that they have been preparing since last month for a show entirely for SNSD's comeback.

 

You hear that? SNSD comes back with an album and MBC gives them a full show just for our girls. How awesome is that? You know what to expect in January. :)

 

Back to the story.

Some of you guys have read my very first fic.

You must know how I love Tiffany.

Yulti is my guilty pleasure.