The Creator of Memorata

Mother, Sister, Daughter, Lover

Chapter 8

 

Yuri's POV

 

It's been a month since I met Jessica, Donghae and Big Bird. Who's big bird? I'll tell you one thing about him. He has big feet like Big Bird from Sesame Street. It suits him.

 

ANYWAY, it's been a month and I still haven't met Jessica's mom. The wait is nerve wracking. As days pass, I feel like the pressure grows on me. It's natural because she's like the woman I look up to. Waah. I wonder what she is like.

 

I still haven't started tutoring Jessica since her mom won't permit her until she meets me. Jessica apologized to me saying her mom was so busy and that she kind of have trust issues so she won't let her be close friends with someone who she thinks is not good for her. That only added a great amount of pressure to me. I didn't know being friends with Jessica was this hard.

 

Nontheless, I didn't stop wanting to be friends with her and I can tell that wanted to be friends with me too. And the fact that I'm friends with Donghae helps too. Donghae keeps us comforable. Unlike Big Bird who seemed to live just to annoy me.

 

We talk all day and night. Sometimes I think Jessica got attached to me all too quickly. I don't even know what she likes about me. Or is there anything to like about.

 

*

 

The dreaded day came. I'm going to meet the creator of Memorata. Jessica's mom. OH MY FU!@#$% GOD!

 

"Yuri this is mom." Jessica said with her mother in tow as I stood up and bowed to her.

"It's a great honor ma'am." I told her as we sat back on the table.

 

We sat in silence. It's not usually like me to be silent but when you have Memorata right infront of you personalized, well it just makes my throat dry. I kept on drinking water to ease the awkwardness as Jessica's mom concentrated on her phone.

 

I felt Jessica put her hand on my thigh.

"You're too nervous..." she mouthed to me.

"Hell yeah..." I mouthed back and she grinned.

 

Before we could even start a proper conversation, someone arrived. I frowned. The day just keeps getting tier.

 

"I'm sorry I'm late." he bowed and greeted Jessica's mom with a side hug.

"Always fashionably late Minho." Jessica's mom spoke for the first time since they arrived.

"You know me well auntie." He grinned at her and Jessica's mom smiled.

 

"Hi Jess." he walked to Sica's side.

 

Yuri? That's like the first time he called me by my name. You're lucky big bird. I need to act proper here but I still hate you. Jessica greeted him with a hug. He stood by my side.

 

"Hi Yuri." his grin made an appearance again.

 

OH NO YOU DON"T. DON"T YOU DARE TRY TO HUG ME WHEN I'M INFRONT OF MEMORATA. NO. OH YOU'RE EXTENDING YOUR ARM. YOU'RE ABOUT TO HUG ME. YOU'RE LEANING IN. OH GOD SAVE ME!!!

 

"Hi Minho." I said before he could even touch me.

 

Thank God it worked. It's my first time saying his name. Oh how I didn't want to but I needed to stop him before he can further annoy me by touching me.

 

He stopped midair. His hands awkwardly around me but still not touching. I leaned back to see what he was thinking. Jessica leaned on the side to look at his face too. Did I just found out about Big Bird's kryptonite? By just saying his name? That's so freakin weird.

 

He must've have noticed that he wasn't moving, so he awkwardly patted my back with both hands. What the ? I looked over to Jessica as she shared the same expression as I did.

 

After that horrifying awkward act Big Bird made, our food arrived. Jessica's mom finally started a conversation. But...

 

"So how have you been Minho? Haven't seen you for awhile now."

 

She was totally ignoring my presence. Wow. Jessica wasn't lying when she said her mother was unfriendly to strangers.

 

"I've been good auntie. You've been very busy too." Minho said.

 

They've been chatting while I just concentrated on my food. I don't even know what I'm eating. I noticed someone was staring at me and found out that it was Jessica.

 

"You okay?" she mouthed.

 

I forced out a smile while she smiled in return. It was kind of dejecting to finally see your idol right infront of you but she totally can't feel your presence. Me and Jessica talked with each other. I think she noticed how I felt. Jessica's so considerate.

 

"So Yuri..." I flinched.

"What's your story?"

 

How am I even gonna answer to that? It was her first time talking to me and she's asking about my story? Think Yuri think! I panicked in my mind while I try to calm myself.

 

"I'm a scholar in KAIST." I made it short. that's the only thing I can think of right now.

 

Her mom raised her eyebrows. I think it was of shock.

 

"Oh really? In what course?"

"Business Ad ma'am."

"Impressive. It's really hard to be in that course yet alone be in a scholarship." she smiled at me.

 

Finally! She sees me. My mood just lifted. Jessica smiled at me too.

 

"You know Jessica was supposed to be in Business Ad..." I saw Jessica flinch.

"But she flunked the exam. I had to use my connections just to let her in."

 

The way I see Jessica's expression darken, I knew her mom didn't say it as a joke. I didn't like how her mom was saying those things. I really didn't like it.

 

"But Jessica's good at her course ma'am. She's working really hard." I told her sternly. I felt the need to put those words in her brain.

 

Jessica faintly smiled at me. I held her hand under the table.

 

"And yet she still needs a tutor." her mom continued on.

 

She's getting annoying. She's slowly dropping from the top of my idol list. My eyebrows slowly met. I'm getting angry.

 

"Oh come on auntie. You were the one who suggested Jess to have a tutor right? And Yuri here is perfect for the job." he said as he put his arm around my shoulder. I secretly cringed. Get off me Big Bird!

 

"She's the valedictorian of her highschool. In fact I think I might join in the tutoring." he continued.

 

I raised my eyebrows. How did he know I was the valedictorian? Is Big bird trying to play investigator here? And about him joining in, No! Definitely not!

 

I see her mom change her expression. I tried to read what she was thinking but her phone rang. She ignored the call and looked at me seriously.

 

"Okay. Let's get this straight Yuri. I'm allowing you to be my daughter's tutor but the tutoring will only take place at our house."

"But mom Yuri stays at-"

"It's okay Sica." I cut her out.

 

It was already fine since her mother agreed to it. I don't want to get into another pending fight with her mother.

 

"It's fine. She'll be driven home by the driver everytime. So anything else?" she asked us.

 

We shook our heads.

 

"Okay. I have to go now. There's something I have to do in the company. Minho can you make sure Jessica goes home safely after you finish here?" she stood up.

"Yea of course auntie. I will." Minho also stood up which made all of us stand up.

"Okay bye." 

 

Her mom kissed Jessica on her forehead and headed out. We sat back and now we can finally relax. I see Jessica heave a sigh of relief too.

 

"Wow that was intense." I told them.

"Yea. Sorry about that. She's always..."

"Fabulously fierce!" Minho said acting gay all of a sudden.

"Ew!" I shrieked while Jessica only laughed.

"Who you calling ew huh loser?" he leaned in like he was about to do something I won't like.

"Don't come even closer Minho!" he flinched as I said those words.

 

Confirmed. I just found out Big Bird's kryptonite.

 

"Don't call me by my name!" his voice grew louder.

"You didn't have a problem calling me by my name earlier!" I matched his tone.

"Just! Don't do it!"

 

He is really being irrational right now. How dare he get angry at me when he lives to annoy me. Before I could even utter a reply, Jessica stopped the both of us.

 

"You two are so looooud." she said as she sipped her juice.

"It's his fault!" I defended myself while Minho groaned.

"What's your problem with Yuri saying your name anyways? I don't see you having a problem with me saying yours."

"Yea!" I agreed with Jessica.

 

Then as if I heard a click and Minho smirked. I already knew he was about to say anything that I would hate him for.

 

"It's because it makes me when Yuri says it." he leaned in close to me while I flinch in shock.

 

The next thing I know, I was being dragged away by Jessica after she conveniently slapped Minho and left him there horrified. I have to thank her for that later.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts as I was pushed in a taxi and Jessica followed in.

 

"Sica. I think we went too far when you slapped him." I tried to sound reasonable.

"No he derved it." she sounded very angry.

"I know he did but..."

"NO BUTS!" she snapped at me.

 

Wow. I guess I know where Jessica's angry attitude comes from. I sulked on the seat as I stayed silent.

 

"I don't like it." she said.

"Don't like what?" I asked.

"When he says things like that to you... I don't like it."

 

 

My heart skipped a beat. Why did she have that expression when she said that? What does it mean?

* A/N: Yulsic slowly creepin out. Double update!