A New Beginning

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

 

Chapter 1

Flashback. June 15th 1996

“Mommy, I want to eat ice-cream!” said a 6 year old Stephanie.

“Sorry, not today darling. Mommy’s busy today. I don’t have time to drive all the way back to the mall.” replied her mom.

“But mommy, the last time I ate one was last week! I got a 100 on my math test today too.  Please mommy?” Stephwhined.

Mrs. Hwang sighed. She could not resist when her youngest daughter whines like that, and Stephanie should get a treat because she finally got 100 anyway. Mrs. Hwang took out her phone to call her office while turning the car to go back to the mall.

“Mommy, look out!” Stephanieshouted, but it was too late. A large truck which was coming at full speed crashed into their little car. The car slid away and turned over. Everything happened in a matter of a few seconds and then all was still.

“Mommy?” Stephcalled softly and tried to move. But she couldn’t see anything, and the pain was too much for the child to bear. The little girl reached out and found her mother’s hand. Holding it tightly, she fainted.

“Fany? Are you awake?” a voice asked.

Stephanietried to open her eyes and tried to move, but she couldn’t do either.

“Daddy?” she was able to whisper softly.

“Yes honey. How are you feeling? Does it hurt anywhere?”

 “Where is mommy? Is she here too? Is she ok?” Stephasked worriedly while ignoring her dad’s questions.

“Stephanie, she’s not here anymore. um.. she is gone to join Granny and Grandpa up in heaven.”

Mr. Hwang wiped his daughter’s tears away, while he was crying silently himself.

“Don’t cry Fany. She is in a good place now. She’s probably looking down at you right now and telling you not to cry.”

Stephaniesniffed and willed her tears to stop falling. Then she asked the question that was really bothering her.

“Daddy, why can’t I see?”

Her question was only met by silence. Then her dad told her gently

“Go to sleep darling, all will be better when you wake up.”

A few months later…

“Stop causing trouble. I’m sick and tired of cleaning up after you!” Stephanie’s older brother shouted at her.

“This is all your fault. You have already killed mom, and wasted dad’s money on your doctor visits, what more are you going to do? You’re such a disgrace to the family.”

Stephmoved backwards on her bed and hid behind her pillow. Mr. Hwang came rushing into the room.

“What’s going on here? Leo, you know better than to blame your sister for this. It’s not like it was on purpose, she can’t help being blind!”

Leo stormed out of the room angry and hurt that his dad always take his sister’s side and never listens to him. Mr. Hwang patted Steph’s head and pulled her into his arms.

“Forget all of this Stephanie. None of this is your fault. You’re not a disgrace to us. In fact, I’m very happy to have a lovely daughter like you. I am going to find a donor and make you be able to see the world again, no matter what it will take.”

However, her brother’s words had already done the damage. They were already carved deeply into Stephanie’s heart and memory, there’s not forgetting them now.

Present (January 24th 2009)

 

“Aish. Such bad luck early in the morning..” Taeyeon mumbled as she pulled Tiffany along to the nurse.  “Tae, slow down!” Tiffany pulled on her friend’s hand to make her stop.

“I’m ok, let’s just go to class.”

“Take you to class? In this state? No way. Look at your knee, it’s a bloody mess!” Taeyeon recognized her mistake upon being greeted by silence.

“Oops, sorry. Ok, we’ll just go to class. But first let me clean you up.”

Taeyeon took Tiffany to the bathroom and softly wiped away the blood and dirt from her friend’s knee.

“Thank you, Tae tae. I won’t know what to do without you.”

“Hehe, you don’t need to thank me cous. Just make sure Missy Ice Princess will not get into your way again.”

“Ice Princess?”

“Yeah, I meant Jessica Jung, the girl who made you fall down. Come on, get up, let’s get to class.” Taeyeon said while helping Tiffany onto her feet.

Tiffany’s POV

Taeyeon guided to my first class in my new school. Drrrinnnggg!

“Today, we have a new student here with us. She just moved from the US last week, so help her settle in. Hello Miss Hwang Miyoung, I am Ms. Min. Please introduced yourself.” the teacher said.

“Hello everyone, I’m Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you all.” I put on my widest smile while clutching Taeyeon’s hand tightly.

I heard some students whispering amongst themselves.

“wow she’s pretty.” “quite good-looking, but what’s wrong with her?”

This was what I was afraid of: my blindness will make my classmates look down on me. Taeyeon squeezed my hand lightly sensing my fear, and Ms. Min put an arm around my shoulder.

“Tiffany has unfortunately lost her vision when she was young. This is why all of you should try to become friends with her and help her around. Tiffany, you can join Taeyeon’s group.”

Taeyeon dragged me to our seats and took out my books for me. I could feel eyes focused on me.

“Hello, we meet again.” said a sweet angelic voice.

“Hi, um Jessica?” I replied hesitantly.

“Oh my, how did you know my name? Did Taeng tell you? She probably told you all the good things about me right?” Jessica replied, her voice has changed to become full of sarcasm and coldness.

“Stop calling me Taeng, and shut your mouth.” Taeyeon growled from beside me.

“I wasn’t talking to you, Taengoo.” Jessica said coolly.

“Unnies, please stop fighting. We have to start working anyway.” another girl interrupted Taeyeon and Jessica before the two started pulling each other’s hair.

“Yes, you’re right Seohyun.” Taeyeon finally released her tight grip on my hand.

~~

The bell rang again, signaling the start of lunch break.

“Ahh finally. Lunch! My favorite subject at school!” a girl shouted while laughing.

“Calm down Sooyoung, wait for us.” said another girl while walking slowly towards our table.

“Are you done there Sica? Let’s go before Sooyoung starts biting our heads off in hunger.”

“Sure Yuri. You guys come up with a theme, I’ll write up the essay. Don’t forget to buy the backboard Seohyun.” Jessica just said what she wanted and walked away with her friends. Brrr.. her personality seems so cold. No wonder she is called the Ice Princess.

Just as Taeyeon and I were about to exist the classroom, someone pulled me back by grabbing my bag.

“Just a minute there new girl.” the haughty voice of a girl came from behind me.

“What do you want Claire?” Taeyeon answered instead of me.

“I wasn’t talking to you shorty. Don’t make your words grow taller than you are.” Claire replied.

“What do you want?” I repeated Taeyeon’s question.

“Nothing darling. Just wanted to introduce myself. It must be pretty hard for you to be attending an arts school when you can’t see.”

“For your information, even though I am blind, I can draw fine. I won’t be here if I can’t anyway. We’ll be going now, I’m feeling quite hungry.” I turned around and pushed Taeyeon to make her start moving towards the cafeteria.

It’s just my first day of school, and I’ve already gotten two people who hate me. Sigh.. Jessica seems interesting though. I wonder what happened between Taeyeon and her.

 

 

 

 

Hey Heartbreak, thanks for taking an interest in my fanfic :D this chapter might not b the best ever. i swear I'll improve. It'll help if I get more comments of course.

Taeyeon's role in the story is not really what you have in mind, but who knows ;P

Please no silent readers!!! 

I updated this chapter really fast, the next chapter will take longer as I have school work :(

I'm only going to post up the next chapter when I get about Three Subscribers I think...

**btw. Stephanie is Tiffany.