Problems

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Jessica’s POV

I sat down in my usual seat in the cafeteria as Yuri and Sooyoung took their places at the table.

“How come you guys are late today?” asked Sunny who was waiting for us alone.

“Oh don’t remind me that I wasted two minutes of lunch waiting for Jessica to finish packing up!” Sooyoung whined as she took a big bite of her sandwich while sneakily stealing an apple from Sunny’s tray.

I gave her my evil glare which made her gulp and choke on her food.

“That’s what you get for being angry at me because you got to the cafeteria two minutes later than usual, and for stealing Sunny’s apple.”

Sooyoung immediately stood up and started running away with Sunny chasing her in order to get her apple back.

“Yah octopus legs, give me my lunch back!” Sunny screamed at Soo.

“I can’t help it that your SHORT legs can’t catch up with my looonnnggg ones!” Soo smirked as she held the apple above her head.

I shook my head at my immature friends while watching Sunny jumping up and tackling Sooyoung. My attention was grabbed by someone else coming into the cafeteria: Tiffany and of course with Taeyeon in the lead. However, Sunny didn’t see them coming. She took a step back and crashed into Taeyeon. Both Tiffany and Sooyoung were lucky enough to have been one step behind their respective friends and they remained standing. Taeyeon quickly pushed Sunny off her and grabbed Tiffany’s hand, preparing to continue going in their way.

“Taeyeon! I’m sorry. Are you ok..?” Sunny quickly said to Taeyeon as she grabbed the other girl’s free hand.

“Let go of me, I’m fine!” Taeyeon shook her hand free from Sunny’s grip and continue pulling Tiffany.

Sunny’s eyes were starting to fill with tears. She and Taeyeon had been inseparable best friends, or as ‘Dandyu’ we call them. However, everything changed after Taeyeon and I broke up. Taeyeon left both of us behind and left our fight unresolved. I found a way to get over the breakup by being mean to Taeyeon but Sunny never got over losing her best friend.

I got up and started walking over to Sunny. At the same time, Tiffany pulled free of Taeyeon’s hand and shakily crouched down to Sunny who was still on the ground. Everyone stopped what they were doing, surprised and curious about what was happening.

Tiffany reached out a hand vaguely in Sunny’s direction. “Hello there. I’m Tiffany. I want to apologize in place of Taeyeon. She’s not usually like this. Are you ok?”

Sunny took her hand and both of them stood up. Tiffany smiled really widely, her eyes becoming crescent moons. Sunny smiled as well and said, “Thank you. I’m fine. You might as well go to Taeyeon before she becomes angrier.” Sunny glanced at Taeyeon who was shooting daggers at Sunny and me.

Sooyoung, Sunny, and I walked back to our waiting friends.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted the apple.” Sooyoung gave the troublesome fruit back to Sunny while still looking at it longingly.

Sunny sighed and told Sooyoung to just eat the apple. “Oh right I forgot to ask. Sica, you were in the same group as the new girl right? Who is she? Why is she so close with Taeyeon?”

“How am I supposed to know? Tiffany just came from the States last week, and she’s staying at Taeyeon’s. My guess is they are related.” Or at least I hope they are. I replied as I observed Sunny closely.

She was looking sadly at the table where Taeyeon and Tiffany were sitting. Taeyeon turned our way and looked at Sunny, smiling sadly. Sunny flashed her a small smile and stood up to leave. “I’m going first, I’m not hungry anymore.”

“But you hardly ate anything.” Yuri said from beside her. Sunny didn’t hear her as she was already halfway across the cafeteria. “What’s wrong with her?”

I saw that Taeyeon was still looking at Sunny who has just exited the room. She saw me looking at her and gave me an angry glare. It’s my fault, it’s because of me that they were separated. I sighed and stood up as well.

“You too?” Sooyoung asked, already grabbing for our uneaten lunches.

“I’m done. I wanna get some sleep before Dance.”

~~

A few weeks later…

I stepped into the auditorium 20 minutes early. As school has not started yet, there was no one in the huge room. I sat down in a random seat in the middle of nowhere and curled up to take a short nap.

Just as I was starting to nod off, a melodious voice woke me up. I looked up annoyed to see the new girl standing on the stage, singing a song. My frown was washed off by the sound of her voice and I sat back in my seat to watch her sing. Her voice was very soothing and it had a very calming effect on me. It lured me out of my seat and pulled me towards the stage.

♪♫

 

How sparkling it was
The beautiful day
When we made the promise of our love
I couldn’t breathe
Couldn’t say a word
At the ring you put on for me
Only tears were dropping

I was like the lonely star that lost its light in the dark
You’ve become my light

The promise with you that is engraved on my hand
Becomes the best flower
It will never change
♪♫

(Banji/ Ring- Tiffany, Haru OST)

“Wh- who’s there?” Tiffany stopped singing when she heard my footsteps, and asked shakily.

“Oh, it’s you again.” Taeyeon said angrily upon seeing me.

“So what if it’s me? You’re not the only one who has this class.” I replied coldly.

“Jessi? I didn’t know you were in here!” Tiffany said quickly, clearly sensing the tension between Taeyeon and me. “Tae, I thought you needed to go talk to Mr. Han. You can go now, Jessica is here so I’ll be ok.”

“I don’t trust her.”

Tears started to form at the corners of my eyes because of Taeyeon’s words. My cold exterior vanished, leaving the vulnerable old Jung Sooyeon behind. I struggled to keep my arrogant demeanor but failed. “I’m not going to eat her up or anything. I’ll take care of Tiffany, go to Mr. Han before he gets you in trouble.”

Taeyeon kept staring at me for a few seconds, deciding whether or not to leave Tiffany behind with me. “Ok, I’ll be back quickly. If anything happens to Tiffany, I will kill you.” She squeezed her friend’s hand one last time and took off running in search of the principal.

“So why are you in here?” Tiffany asked breaking the silence and tearing my eyes away from the exit.

“Umm I was sleeping.”

“Omo, did I wake you up? I’m so sorry!”

“It’s ok. You have a really good voice. You might get a solo.”

Tiffany’s cheeks blushed up. She smiled shyly and said, “Do you really think so? I love singing, I’ve always wanted to have a solo.”

“Yup totally.” I climbed up the stairs onto the stage. “Do you want to sit down?”

She nodded and gave me her hand. I placed my hand in hers and guided her to the seats.

“Careful now, there’s a step in front. You comfortable?” I sat down on the step by her seat.

Tiffany nodded and smiled her eyesmile.

“You know, I think what others say about you is wrong. You are not an Ice Princess. You’re nice and you seem like a good person.”

“Yeah I guess. Not many people know this side of me. They don’t take the time to get to know me well enough.”

“I’ll try to get to know you well enough, Jessi. Oh and why are you sitting on the ground?”

“Because if I sat on the seats, I’ll fall asleep again.”

Tiffany giggled and patted the chair beside her. “Come sit. I’ll wake you up when class starts.”

I slid up onto the seat and turned so that I was facing the other girl. Tiffany leaned forwards and rested her head on her hands. Her straight dark-brown swayed around her shoulders as she moved her head left and right while humming a tune softly. Her lips were curved up with a soft smile and her face looked so relaxed. I could just sit right here staring at her all day.

Aigoo, she’s so cute. And not to mention pretty!

Her cuteness and pretty eyesmile made me want to pinch Tiffany’s cheeks. My heart skipped a beat whenever she called me ‘Jessi’. It has been a long time since anyone called me that, now all my friends call me Sica. The way she calls me ‘Jessi’ made me feel all happy and tingly inside, even Taeyeon did not make me feel like this…

Tiffany reminds me of Taeyeon: the way she is cute, the way they’re child-like and mature at the same time, the way both can make me smile. ­

What am I thinking? Why am I feeling like this again?

 

 Hey guys!~ I'm back :D I'm sorry about the fail chapter and also for taking so long to update. the internet and i had a lot lot of school work to do :( i'm sorry if I rushed things a little too much. hehe

umm plz comment comment comment!~ cuz i write better if i can see the support. thanks. i'll update soon promise!