First Date (Part 2)

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

“A Polaroid?” I took the little camera out of the box and examined it.

“Since I can’t see, I want you to help me take photos of the good times we have together. Not us the two of us but also with our friends. I want to be able to see and revisit those times when I can finally see again.” Tiffany explained with her voice full of hope.

“Do you want to take one now? Caption: JeTi’s first date.” She nodded like a little kid.

“Wait, first put this on.” I handed her one of the T-shirts I have bought.

“What’s it?” She asked while pulling it over her head.

“Couple Tees.” I answered, taking off my jacket to put the other one on.

“Ready? One, two, three.” Tiffany rested her head on my shoulder and I leaned my head on hers.

click

She puffed out her cheeks cutely and I pretended like I was going to kiss it.

click

We put our arms around each other’s shoulders and smiled our eyesmiles.

click

I gathered the three photos and looked at them.

“How’re they?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“Pretty. You’re beautiful.” She blushed from my compliment. “I’m keeping them.”

“Why?” She pouted and opened her palm for me to give her the photos.

“I’ll keep them.” I repeated and kissed her pouting lips to make her stop looking so cute. “Let’s go shopping. I need to buy something.”

“Can’t we say a little longer here? I like it here.”

“Ok.” We ate the food I made while chatting about unimportant things.

“Tell me more about you.” Tiffany was using my arm as a pillow while we were lying on the grass under the shade of the big tree.

“Why?”

“I just want to know.”

“What do you want to know?”

“Tell me about your childhood.”

“I used to live in America as you know. Then I moved to Korea when I was 7. And I’ve lived in the house I’m living now with Mom and Krys ever since. I’ve been with the friends I have now since elementary school. That’s why Taeyeon, Yuri, and I are like sisters. There’s not much to say.”

“What about America?”

“Don’t ask. I don’t remember anything.”

“Uh… ok.” An awkward silence fell in between us.

“Haha, I guess this is what a Sica Effect is.” Tiffany said chuckling, obviously trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“I’m special like that.” I told her, playing along.

She slapped my arm hard. “Stop being so full of yourself.”

“I’m just stating the truth.” A playful grin appeared on my face and Tiffany slapped my arm again. “I’m so awesome that you just can’t resist loving me. I know so just admit it.”

“When did I ever say that I love you?”

“Like yesterday.”

“I might have stopped loving you during the night or this morning.”

“So you don’t love me anymore?” I asked pouting and rested my head on her shoulder.

“Quit pouting. And I never said I don’t love you either.” Tiffany put her arms around me and smiled widely.

“Quit smiling so widely. I’m going to kiss you. Can I?” I sat up straight and leaned closer to close the small space in between us without waiting for her answer. But Tiffany moved back while laughing.

“What now?”

“You’re so direct! And why were you asking me for permission?!” She exclaimed, still laughing.

“It’s not even that funny!”

“Yeah it is.” Tiffany tried to stop and put on a simple smile. “Ok. You can.”

“No. I won’t.” I leaned back on the tree comfortably.

Tiffany pouted.

“N-no. Not even your pouting will work this time.” I turned my head away. If I keep staring at her cute face, I’ll lose.

“Then what about this?” Tiffany leaned onto me and whispered in my ear with her low voice. “Come on, kiss me. You know you want to, Jessi.”

How can I ever resist this girl? Thank god she’s mine. I gave up, I lost this time. I turned around and captured her waiting lips. "I love you too much." I felt her smile in victory and she shifted her weight so that she was sitting on me.

“I love you Jessi.” She told me while we separated to catch our breaths. Tiffany kissed me again and I returned it with more passion and force. She was surprised but then she complied.

“Jess, we’re in public.” Tiffany backed away after a while, looking a little disappointed and her
cheeks flushed.

“Right. I forgot.” I mumbled annoyed as she moved back to her place. I stared at her as she made herself comfortable sitting against the tree. I smiled along knowingly when I saw the calm smile on her face. She unconsciously brought up a hand to touch her lips.

“Thinking about what a great kisser I am?” I asked teasingly. Tiffany blushed and dropped her hand quickly. “You’re quite good yourself.”

“Thanks.” She smiled wider at the compliment.

“You look hot when you kiss.” I continued.

“Jessi..” Tiffany interjected.

“I love it when you call me name like that.” I quickly added.

“Jessi, don’t start again. I won’t be able to stop this time.” She said seriously.

“Don’t.” I answered without thinking.

Tiffany was surprised by my answer. She bit her lip, not knowing how to respond. I cupped her face in my hands and brushed my thumb against her cheek to stop her.

“Don’t bite your lips. You make me want to bite them.”

“Ahum ahum.” A woman’s voice interrupted us.

“Yes?” I let go of Tiffany as I stood up to face her. Tiffany quickly joined me and took my hand.
She stared uncomfortably at our couple shirts and joint hands for a while. “I-I just wanted to ask you to reduce the amount of PDA, and please don't MOP*. There’re little children here.”

“Sorry m’am. We’ll restrain ourselves.” I answered politely while Tiffany smiled apologetically. Tiff’s smile caught her attention and the woman looked surprised to see that she was blind.

“Uhh, sure. Thanks.” She backed away slowly, not knowing how to make her exit.

“You two make a cute couple.” The woman said before turning abruptly to return to her friends.
We let out the breath we didn’t know we were holding.

“That was…” Tiffany started.

“Embarassing.” I finished the sentence for her while still looking at the woman who turned around and nervously waved at me. I waved back and gave her a slight smile.

“Jessi! Stop interrupting me!” Tiffany slapped my arm again.

“Hey! Stop slapping me.” I argued back.

“Jessi seriously, what’s wrong with you today?” She asked while laughing.

“You made me like this.” I said with a smile. “All right. I’ll stop if I’m making you uncomfortable.”

“That’s not what I— ”

“I love you.” I cut her short and gave her a peck on her cheek. “Come on, let’s go before we miss the show.”

I picked up the basket and got onto the bicycle.

~~

Tiffany’s POV

Jessica rode me back to the front steps of my house and even walked my up right to the door.

“Thanks for today Jessi. The music show was really amazing. You’re so thoughtful. And the kimbabs were great! I had fun, especially at the park.” I smiled and winked.

“Heh yea. I had fun too.”

I opened my arms wide, asking for a hug. Jessi stepped closer and hugged me.

“Doing all these things, you seem like you’re the guy.”

“But I am.” She grinned.

“No, I’ll prove to you that you’re not.” I answered with a smirk.

“Don’t start this silly argument again.” She whined.

“But it’s fun!”

“We can have fun other ways.”

I slapped her .

“Hey! You’re turning into Taeyeon.” She said like stepping back. “What were you thinking ert?!”

“If you know what I was thinking, then you’re a ert too. ByunSica.”

“Look who’s talking, ByunFany!” She quickly gave me a peck on my lips and moved away. “Have to go now. See you at school.”

“That’s like the shortest goodbye kiss ever.” I pouted and waited for Jessica to come back. I heard her sigh dramatically before walking back up the stairs and kissing me as I predicted.

Suddenly the door opened behind me. “Tiffany, is that you?”

Jessica and I broke apart immediately.

“Bye Tiffany. Good night.” Jessica squeezed my hand and ran down the stairs and rode back to her house.

I turned to face Taeyeon. “Hey.”

Taeyeon went inside the house without a word. I followed her quickly. “Taeyeon!”

“Yea?” She replied from the sofas. With a soft beep, the television .

“Can I ask you something?” I sat down next to her.

“How was it?” She asked me without answering my question.

“It was ok.”

“Just ok?”

“It was fun. We went to the park then watched a music show.” I answered adequately. Taeyeon sounded like a mad school teacher.

“You seemed to have had a great time. You’re glowing.” I blushed. Is it that obvious?

“Anyway, what were you going to ask me?”

“Oh, today while we were at the park, I thought of something. Jessica seemed familiar. I think I’ve met her before I lost my vision.”

“But that was long ago. You were what? 5 back then? How can you remember?” Taeyeon immediately replied.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought. But you remember my best friend back then? Her name was also Jessica.”

“There are many Jessicas in the world.”

“And what happened to Jessi’s dad?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen him. You should ask her that, not me.” Taeyeon stood up and closed the TV. “If that’s all, I’m going to sleep.”

“Night Taeyeon.” She was already on the stairs by the time I said that. Taeyeon seems weird. She is over Jessica right? I hope she is… I’ve already fallen too deep for Jessi.


*MOP- making out in public :D