Monthsary, Anniversay

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

Krystal’s POV

“Morning Soojung!” My mother called out to me as I walked into the dining room to have my breakfast.

“Morning Mom.” I replied tiredly and put my head down on the dining table.

“Good Morning Mom and Krystal.” Jessica greeted happily, practically skipping into the room. “Krys, you feeling well?”

I nodded and sat up straight before either of them could fuss over me. “Someone’s happy.”

Jessica just grinned back at me. And I smiled back, her rare happy smile was contagious. But she frowned after seeing the gloominess in my eyes.

I shot her a glare for bringing my mood back down and went back to eating. I quickly finished my breakfast and ran out the door.

“Bye Mom, I’m taking my bike!” I shouted and left.

I rode the bicycle Mom got me for my 10th birthday to school. I took my bag and went to my favorite spot in the library to sleep until school started (a habit I got from Jessica). I leaned back against the bookshelf and tried to fall asleep but I couldn’t. The disappointment and anger kept me awake. I heard some footsteps stopping near me. I knew who it was without opening my eyes.

“Krystal?” Sulli called, sitting down beside me.

“Hey, I know you’re not asleep.” She said nudging me. But I refused to open my eyes and ignored her.

“Come on Krys, school’s about to start.” she started shaking me.

I shot her a glare, stood up and went to sit down in another corner. Sulli followed me, now getting annoyed.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you?”

I didn’t answer and ignored her again. She stood in front of me for a while, waiting to see if I would answer.

“Fine, suit yourself.” Sulli said angrily and left me. I looked up to see her disappearing behind a bookshelf.

Sure you betrayer! Leave me alone! Is he more important than me? How dare you hang up on me?! And now you.. you leave me behind.I rested my head on my knees and closed my eyes again. Tears suddenly slid down my cheeks, surprising me. I sat up and wiped them away.

Tears.. I’m crying? Why?I asked myself

Sulli…a voice in my head answered as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

~~

The day was too long, time passed by too slowly,, without Sulli beside me. When the last bell rang, signaling the end of the day, I watched as she packed her bag and left the classroom without even saying goodbye or looking at me. I stuffed my books into my bag and ran out after her. I decided to go talk to her and to forgive her because I couldn’t bear another second without her. I saw her waiting outside the school gates and started to approach her. But someone stopped in front of her. Taemin smiled at Sulli and she got onto his bicycle, hugging his waist. I watched them as the two took off, and I felt my heart breaking.

Sulli’s POV

The next day I tried to take to Krystal again but she kept avoiding me. We were put together as partners in Biology class and we had to go to the school garden to collect the plants we need. There was no one else expect for us. Krystal did not talk to me although we were supposed to be discussing about the plants.

“Krystal, is this from the same family as that tree?” I tried to make conversation. She just glared at me and continued working by herself. I also tried to concentrate on what I was doing, but my mind kept wandering back to Krystal. It has been years since she got this angry at me, and this time I don’t even know why she’s mad.

“Krys?” I called her name again but she did not reply.

“Krystal?” She stood up and walked away.

 “Soojung, seriously what’s wrong with you?” I grabbed her hand to stop her from leaving.

“Nothing’s wrong with me. I’m perfectly fine as you can see.” Krystal rolled her eyes and shook my hand away.

“No, you’re not.” I grabbed her shoulder to stop her from leaving.

“Who are you to tell me whether I’m fine or not?” She stopped and folded her arms angrily.

“You’re mad.”

“Quite obviously.”

“Why?”

“Isn’t that also obvious?”

“Is it because I hung up on you?”

She rolled her eyes. I took her silence as a yes. “But you hang up on me all the time; I don’t get mad like this.”

“Let’s just drop it.” She turned around to walk away again.

“No. Tell me what’s wrong. You can’t just be mad at me for no reason.” I turned her around and pinned her against the school wall in attempt to stop her from escaping.

“Why don’t you just leave me alone and go stick with your Taemin?”

“Is it about him again? Krys, I know you hate him but can’t you just tone it down a little? For my sake?”

“So now you’re taking his side?” She scoffed and struggled to get out from my hold.

“I’m not taking anyone’s side. I’m just saying what I think.”

“And you’re supposed to be my best friend.”

“Yes I am, you’re the one who’s not acting like one. Why are you being so selfish? Why are you acting like you own me? Why are you acting like you’re my girlfriend?”

Krystal momentarily stopped and stared at me. She opened my mouth to say something but reclosed it. She just pushed me slightly and walked away. And I let her.

March 9th

Taeyeon’s POV

 “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAE-TAE! WAKE UP BIRTHDAY GIRL!”

Even before my alarm rang, I was already awake. I was woken up by my ­favorite cousin’s loud voice screaming. She barged into my room early morning and jumped onto my bed. Isn’t it such a perfect way to start your birthday? Why does she have to be in such a good mood anyway?

I dragged my sleepy self to school while trying to stop HyperFany from skipping ahead of me. As soon as I opened the door to our art room, I was tackled by another someone small and two giants.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAENGOO!” Sunny, Sooyoung, and Yuri shouted and engulfed me in a squishing hug.

“Happy birthday, Taeyeon.” Jessica smiled at me before taking Tiffany’s hand and dragging her to their seats.

“Taetae, why are you looking so gloomy on your birthday?” Sunny suddenly popped out in my face and poked both of my cheeks.

“Well, it’s my birthday. So it’s my day right?” She nodded cutely.

“So everything should be going as I want it to.” She nodded again, and I sighed. “But Fany woke me up so early in the morning and then you guys choked the life out of me and Jessica only smiled at me and now I’m about to barf because you’re being too cute.”

Sunny giggled before skipping away to the JeTi couple and whispering something into Tiffany’s ear. Tiffany in turn whispered something to Jessica who frowned. Fany whined and kissed her girlfriend on the cheeks, causing Sica to sigh and get up with a smile. Jessica walked towards me while holding Tiffany’s hand. She stopped right in front of me, making me forget how to think.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAENG!~” Sica sang as she flung her open and pulled me into a hug.

“Uh, thanks Sica.” I smiled at her and she smiled back. At that moment, it felt as if everything has gone back the way it had been when times were good. LOL I sound so old. This becoming a year older thing has really gotten to my head.

Sunny then popped up again by my side and put an arm around my shoulder. “It has been one year since your last birthday and you still haven’t grown any taller!”

All my friends and classmates burst out laughing at her exclamation.

“I’m 22. I’m not supposed to grow anymore. Short is cute anyway.” I replied coolly. “And look at whose talking… my short soul-mate.”

Sunny suddenly stopped laughing and pouted. Her cheeks were turning red as what I said sank into both hers and my head. Soul-mate? What the heck was I thinking?

“Well, at least you found a soul-mate your height.” Tiffany said and everyone started laughing again, save Sunny and me.

“Stop teasing us about our height, you giants! We’re just vertically challenged.” Sunny dragged me towards my table and took my bag from me. “Please take a seat, your highness.”

I chuckled as I sat down and Sunny took out my books for me. “Thank you.”

“Anything for you, my queen.” She managed to say before cracking up.

“Eeeheheehehhehe.” Both of us laughed heartily at our own joke.

“Quit for ahjjuma laugh, you dorks.” Yuri said before leaving.

“Make sure you have a lot of cake! I’m craving for something sweet.” Sooyoung shouted at me before running to her class.

“Unnie, are you having a sleepover again?” Seohyun asked.

“Yeah, you and Hyoyeon should come and actually stay the night. You two left too early last year.”

“We’ll come, but I don’t think we can sleepover. Our parents are going on a business trip so there is no one at home.” Seohyun smiled apologetically.

“Doesn’t matter as long as you come.” I smiled back.

“Sica, you’re coming right?” Sunny asked. All the attention on our table was focused on her.

Jessica looked around uncomfortably, unsure of how to answer when her ex just asked her to come for a sleepover.

“Of course she’ll be there!” Tiffany exclaimed hurriedly while taking Jessica’s hand. “I’ll drag her along if she doesn’t come.”

 “Yeah, I’ll be there.” Jessica reassured me and smiled at Tiffany. “Oh, but we might be a little late. Tiffany and I have somewhere to go.”

“Where?” I asked before I could shut my mouth.

“It’s our monthsary.” Tiffany answered.

“Oh. Ok.” What do you say when your cousin tells you that it has been a month since she started dating your ex-girlfriend? “Congratulations?”

“Congrats girls! It seems like such a short time!” Sunny said energetically. “I—“

Ringgggggggggg

The bell rang, signaling the start of class.

“Oh sh*t!” Sunny grabbed her bag and ran out of class before the teacher comes in. “See you guys later!”

I turned back just in time to see Tiffany whispering again in her girlfriend’s ear, and Jessica giving her a quick peck on the lips. I diverted my stare towards the only other person on our table who looked back at me uncomfortably.

It’s going to be a long day.

~~

Tiffany’s POV

I followed Jessica as she led me out of the school and to an unknown place. She would not answer when I asked her where we were going and just told me that it’s a surprise and to trust her. She climbed up a small flight of stairs and opened the door. A blast of cool air wafted through the door and the aroma of coffee engulfed me as we stepped into the café.

“Welcome to—“ I heard a familiar voice say. “Sica? Fany?”

“Hey.” Jessica greeted Sunny while sitting down at a table.

“Nice surprise!” Sunny rushed over to us. “What would you girls want? It’s on the house since it’s a special day for you two.”

“T-thank you.” I felt myself blush. “Jessi?”

“I’ll make it.” Jessica stood up and left quickly with Sunny.

“Jessi, wait. What?”

“Just wait there. She’ll be back.” A woman answered, pushing me back into my seat. “Oh, I’m Mrs. Lee, Sunny’s mother.”

“Hello, Mrs. Lee. Nice to meet you.” I bowed in my seat as she still was holding me down.

“Nice to meet you too Tiffany. I’ve heard a lot about you from Sunny and Jessica.” I could feel her smiling warmly at me. “I have to go, there are a lot of other customers today.”

“Yes m’am.” I relaxed against as Mrs. Lee left. I was just about to put my head down on the table when I heard Jessi’s footsteps.

“You’re back.”

“How did you know?” Jessica sound surprised as she put something on the table and took a seat.

“I know your footstep.”

“Wow, that’s creepy.”

“Jessi…” I growled, jokingly.

“Heh heh, I joke.” Jessica held my hand and put it around a warm cup of coffee. “Try it. I made it by myself.”

I brought the cup hesitantly to my lips and took a sip. I was up for a surprise. The coffee was rich and very aromatic, the taste lingered in my mouth long after I swallowed it.

“Wow.” I was speechless. “What is this called?”

“Caramel Coffee. My own recipe. Inspired by you.”

“Wow.”

“You like it?”

“Wow.”

“Tiff, will you stop saying ‘wow’?”

“Wow.” I repeated.

“Yahhh~~” Jessica whined as she hit my shoulder slightly.

“I love it Jessi!” I giggled at her cuteness.

“I hate it when you tease me.” I could hear the pout in her words. “But since you are so cute when you giggle, I’ll let this one slide.”

I blushed at her compliment and slapped her hand when she tried to squeeze my cheeks.

“Tiff—“ Jessica started to say something but she was interrupted by the bells chiming loudly as the door was thrown open.

“Hey Sunny!” Yuri greeted loudly as she skipped into the café. “Oh JeTi, you guys are here?!”

Yuri came over to us and sat down uninvited.

“Hi Jessica-unnie, Tiffany-unnie.” Yoona greeted us less loudly. “May we sit with you?”

Before either of us could reply, Yuri pulled a chair and seated her friend on it.

“Yuri. What are you doing?” Jessica asked her best friend coldly. The temperature at the table decreased as Jessica released her icy glare.

“Uhh, nothing unnie. We were just trying to find a place to spend time before going to Taeyeon-unnie’s party.” Yoona stuttered as she stood up to leave and tried to pull Yuri with her.

“No Yoong, we’re not going anywhere. Not until I’ve got my latte.” Yuri resisted and remained seated, not affected by Jessi’s glare. “Sunny-ah, give us the usual!”

“Have you already gotten gifts for Taengoo?” she asked relaxedly, trying to make conversation.

“Yes.” I answered for both of us. And the conversation died down again rapidly. Sunny came over with the drinks and also took a seat at our already crowded table. I felt the temperature drop even lower and Jessica kicked me under the table.

“Yes Jessi?” I asked.

“Yeah, we’ll get going. Thanks for ruining our afternoon Yuri.” Jessica stood up and grabbed my hand and we left.

Jessica was quiet on our way back to my house. We did not speak except for her giving me occasional warnings such as “rock” or “hole”.

“Jessi?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you mad?”

Jessica did not reply. She just grabbed my hand tighter and walked a little faster. Very soon, we were already at my house. Jessica let go of my hand as I rang the doorbell and waited for Taeyeon to open the door.

“Tiff, the answer is no.” She patted my head before walking away. “I’ll be back.”