Closer

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Jessica’s POV

Tiffany and I were still waiting for Taeyeon and Seohyun to come back. She was leaning her head on my shoulder and softly humming a happy tune. I look up at the sky and the beautiful clouds and think what a beautiful day it is. I didn’t even realize that I was in love with Tiffany until an hour ago, and because she didn’t push me away after my confession, she might have a wee bit of feelings for me too. Wheeee.. :D

...

or maybe I’m just thinking and hoping too much.

My heart did a somersault and I pinched myself again just to make sure that this is not a dream.

“Owww hehehe. It’s real. This is real!” I said happily.

“What’s real?” Tiffany asked, sitting up straight.

“That you’re still here and sitting beside me.” I answered her while grinning like an idiot.

“Oh that..” she went off into her thoughts again.

“What’s wrong Tiff?” I asked as something seems to be bothering her.

“Nothing… it’s just that… if you love me, then what about Taeyeon?”

“What about her?”

“Have you spoken to her?”

“No..”

“What if she still.. um.. wants to get back together with you?”

“That’s a big what if. I don’t think she does. I’m gonna go talk to her tomorrow when I come over for singing practice. But you know what? All it matters to me right now is that you’re my friend, and I will make you fall for me one day.”

Tiffany smiled and put her head back on my shoulder.

“Tiff,would you accept if I asked you to be my girlfriend?”

“I-I’m still not sure. I need to get my feelings straightened out first. But I’m happy enough that I have you as my friend...” my heart sank a little that she is not sure whether she likes me, but I still have my fingers crossed.

“Jessi, I’ve always wondered about one thing.” Tiffany said with uncertainty in her voice.

“What?” I asked her worriedly.

“What do you look like? I mean I’ve heard from people that you’re really pretty and hot and stuff. But I actually don’t even know what hot looks like!” she said giggling a little.

 “Hot? It’s kinda hard to explain. Have you seen pictures of models in bikinis and stuff?” I chuckled softly after asking the question. Tiffany’s cheeks turned a little red.

“Um ya, I seen them in some magazines.”

“Well, I guess those models areconsideredhot. It practically means having a good body, like y.” I smirked. “So you think I am?”

 Tiffany turned even redder.

“Uhh, M-maybe. I’m sure you are if nearly the whole school says that you are.” She answered me stammering, but she collected herself quickly. “You haven’t answered my first question.”

“How do I look? I haven’t been asked that before. Well, I originally have straight black hair but I have dyed it blond. I’m about your height. I don’t know how to describe further.” I tried thinking a little more. “Oh, I have seen on TV that blind people can form images of faces if they feel with their hands. Wanna try?”

Tiffany looks hesitant, but she nodded slowly after considering the offer. She raised her hand up for me to guide it. I took her hand and placed it on my cheek. I stayed still as she traced the form of my face and my eyes, my nose, and my mouth. Her fingers lingered over my lips but she dropped her hand quickly and cleared . She was blushing so hard that she turned the color of the red blouse she was wearing. She opened to speak but closed it without saying anything. Looking at her I wanted to laugh so badly, I couldn’t stifle my laughter.

“What?” Tiffany finally asked, annoyed.

“Nothing! I know I’m pretty, but do I really look that pretty that you forgot what you were going to say?” I asked jokingly. “Haha, you’re so cute.”

 She pouted, looking even cuter.

“Ok, cut it out. I have another question.”

“What? Do I have to define cute now? Let’s see; teddy bears, bunnies, puppies, snowmen, dragons, Sunny, you, and sometimes me.”

“I would have never thought that you could be funny Jessi. Seriously, you think snowmen and dragons are cute?” Tiffany said while laughing her head off.

“Hey, that’s mean. Dragons are cute. You know, the dragons from the dances at Chinese New Year, the ones jumping around and batting their eyelashes at you?”

“You mean the lions?”

“Whatever, same difference! What’s your question?”

“Just wanna know how I look, in your eyes.” Tiffany said, turning serious right away.

“Do you really need to know that? Isn’t it obvious?” She nodded then shook her head. I sighed. “You know those angels from the Christmas movies? You’re prettier and even more angelic than them. Your brunette hair totally matches you. You have a great body which Iswear I do notchecking out. I can go on forever so I’ll just sum it up. You’re beautifuland perfect, both outside and inside.”

Tiffany turned towards me, surprised. “R-really?”

“Yes.” I answered while taking her hand.“To tell you the truth.. there’s not enough words in the English language to describe how beautiful you are.”

Tiffany blushed hard and smiled happily. “How about in Korean?”

“In both the English and Korean languages combined.” I answered before laughing together with her.

“You know, sometimes I really wish I could see the world again. I kinda gave up on it before coming to Korea, but since I met you, there’s hope in my heart again. If only I can see you Jessi…”

I took hold of her hand. We just sat there side by side, lost in our own thoughts, for a few minutes.

“Sica-unnie, Fany-unnie! Taeyeon-unnie says let’s go eat ice-cream!” Seohyun shouted while running towards us.

We picked our things up and followed Seohyun to ice-cream store where Taeyeon was waiting.

While eating our ice-creams, we shared our paintings and discussed about them. I was reluctant to show mine but Tiffany put her hand over minesecretly and said she wanted to hear Taeyeon and Seohyun’s reactions, so I took out my portrait of my angel.

“Wow this is amazing. It’s one of the best I’ve seen.” Seohyun exclaimed.

“It looks just like you Fany, maybe even prettier. She’s so angelic here.” Taeyeon added and made the other two laugh.

“It’s nice to know that I look beautiful in your painting.” Tiffany said whilefullytaking my hand under the table.

“You look even more beautiful outside” I whispered in her ear and made her blush and grin widely.

“Unnies, you know, I’ve heard from somewhere before that people draw things as they see it. ‘Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.’ “ Seohyun said randomly while eating her ice-cream and looking at my painting of Tiffany. Taeyeon, who was sitting next to her and opposite me, raised her eyebrows at me questionably.

“Why did you draw Fany so beautifully? Is that how you really see her?” she smirked and then burst out laughing with Seohyun (who seemed clueless and didn’t know why she was laughing) when my cheeks heated up.

You better run run run run run~

I was saved from further humiliation and teasing by my suddenly ringing phone.

“UNNIEEEE!!!!” Krystal screamed from the other end of the line before I could even open my mouth to say hello. “Sulli and I are gonna go dress shopping for theV-daydance next week. Come back home now! OK?? BYE!!~”

“Hey Krys wait, I-I ca….” my pesky little sister hung up on me. “Why can’t she listen to me first???!!!”

“A typical Jung…” Tiffany mumbled from beside me.

“What do you mean?” I asked her angrily.

“Nothinggg~ Opps, I made the princess angrier.” she stuck out her tongue at me and continued eating.

I’ll let you go this once for being so cute, and I need to go home anyway…I stood up and told the other three that I gotta get going. I took my painting, gave Tiff’s hand a last squeeze, and left quickly.

Yuri’s POV

“YURRRRIIIII! You free right now? Can you pleassseee come over? I urgently need to talk to you.” Jessica cried over the telephone line as soon as I picked up her call.

“Um sure? About wha—?”

“Ok thanks load man. See ya in 10!” she said then hung up. Typical Jung, doesn’t wait for me to finish my sentence… I thought as I got onto my bicycle to go over to Sica’s.

Ding dong~

“Annyoung, Yuri-unnie!” Krystal and Sulli opened the door to let me in. “Unnie’s in the living room.”

“Hey, come let’s go to my room.” Sica said as she went up the stairs. I followed her into her bedroom and lied down on her big bed.

“Scoot over and let me lie down too.” Sica pushed me towards the wall and jumped onto the bed beside me.

“So what did you want to talk about?”

“Taeyeon…”

“Oh”

“.. and Tiffany.”

“Huh? What about her?” I asked surprised and turned my head to look at her. Jessica closed her eyes and put her hand on her forehead.

“I don’t know…”

“What do you mean ‘I don’t know’?”

“YURI! Can you stop with your questions and let me think for a while?”

“Oh, ok, sorry.” I turned my head back and stared up at her ceiling. My curiosity was making me want to bite my head off and it is very hard for me to keep still.

“So what is it?”

“You know, it has only been about 30 seconds since you stopped talking? Sighh, But it’s ok, I’ll tell you so stop fidgeting.” Jessica threw me an icy glare which made me freeze, literally. “Here’s the main problem: I like, wait no, I love Tiffany.”

“YOU WHAT??!!” I sat up and looked at her.

“YOU HEARD ME! and why do you have to be so loud?”

“Sorry.. anyway, you love Tiffany? Starting from when? How? What happened? What about Taeyeon?”

“What is this, 5Ws and 1H? Which question do you want me to answer first?” Jessica asked me back coolly.

“Wait what did I ask? Oh ya, answer from when first.”

“Let’s see. I have been attracted to her, since the first time I saw her, when I bumped into her on her first day of school. But then I didn’t realize I have fallen for her until today, and I sorta like accidently confessed it to her.”

“You told her that you like her? And how in the world can you accidently confess?” I put quotation marks around accidently. Jessica confuses me so much at times with her fast decision makings and confidence in herself.

She told me about what happened at the park this morning and she seemed really happy. Her cheeks were pink, there was a big grin on her face, and her eyes were sparkling brightly. I haven’t seen her this happy since when she was dating Taeyeon, no she seems even happier now. Although JeTi’s love life will be a tough ride, I would behappy as long as Jessica will really smile again. But there is still one problem left…

“Sica, what about Tae? You just gonna leave her like that?”

“That’s actually what I wanted to talk about with you. What should I do?”

“Follow your heart… what is it telling you to do?” I repeated what I have heard my mom say before.

“It.. says.. [she pondered for a moment while pouting cutely] go talk to her. I’ll go talk to her. I don’t think she was lying when she said Claire got in between us; it was a misunderstanding…”

“Then go talk to her and ask her, listen to her side of the story. And tell her about Tiffany, she has the right to know.” Jessica was staring at me with wide eyes. “What?”

“I never knew that you were smart enough to think like this, to be giving me good advice.” she said, still staring at me.

“Thank you… wait what? You mean I’M USUALLY STUPID??!!” I screamed at her when I finally realized what she said. Jessica nodded and started laughing and rolling around on the bed while clutching her stomach.

“That took you long enough to understand!” she was able to get out between her laughs. I just stared at her laughing; I haven’t seen her laugh like this every before, joyfully, like she is actually enjoying herself. If Tiffany could bring about this change in Jessica, then she must be really special to her.

“How will you make sure if Tiffany loves you too? Or how will you make her fall for you?” I asked when she has finally settled down.

“Tiff said that she will tell me after she gets her feelings sorted out. I have some plans.” she said and winked at me.

“What plans? Tell me, tell me tetetete tell me~.”  I sang and jumped on her bed.

“Quit being a kid, I’m not gonna tell. It’s a secret, you’ll see.” She stuck out her tongue at me. If only people see this childish and soft side of hers, they wouldn’t be saying the things they say.

“Ooo who would know that our Ice Princess is this much of a romantic and cheesy person?” I said teasingly making Jessica glare at me. “I beg for forgiveness, your highness, if I have made you angry.”

“I won’t give you any forgiveness unless you go make some lemonade for me.” Jessica answered and stuck out her tongue at me. “Or else you don’t know what I might do. ;P ”

“Can’t believe I got used by you again..” I said dramatically as we went downstairs to the kitchen.

Ding dong~

“I command you to go get the door.” Jessica said while she sat down on the sofa and turned the TV on.

“Anything for you, your highness.” I sighed and turned around to go to the door. “Who is it?”

I opened the door to see an unfamiliar face. I froze up and was amazed by her beauty.

“Hey, I’m here to pick Sulli up.” the goddess said to me making my heart speed up.