Our Song

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Jessica’s POV

Tiffany and I got back to the auditorium just in time to hear our teacher, Mr. Park, telling the students to settle down.

“Hurry, thank god we’re not late.” I whispered to Tiffany as I pulled her quickly to our seats.

“There you are Ms. Hwang, come on up to the front. We all want to hear how well you can sing.” Mr. Park said as he came up to us. “Ah, and Jessica Jung will you also join Tiffany up in front? You missed class last time so you need to audition now for a part in the Valentines concert.”

I rolled my eyes as I walked up to the stage with Tiffany.

“Quiet down everyone and pay attention because you are going to have to give your opinions later on. Jessica, Tiffany, who wants to go first?” Mr. Park asked.

Tiffany volunteered and cleared as she prepared to sing.

♪♫ I've been living with a shadow overhead

I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed
I've been lonely for so long
Trapped in the past, I just can't seem to move on

Her voice rang out perfectly across the auditorium. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing to listen to her. Although I wanted her to keep singing, she seemed as if she wanted me to sing the next stanza. Well, it is a duet after all… so I sang.

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away
Just in case I ever need them again someday

I've been setting aside time
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind

All I want to do is find a way back into love
I can't make it through without a way back into love
And if I open my heart to you
I'm hoping you'll show me what to do
And if you help me to start again
You know that I'll be there for you in the end
♪♫

(Way Back Into Love--)

Tiffany and I ended in perfect harmony and I have to say that we sounded great together. It is as if our voices are a perfect match. I felt like we were actually singing to each other, truly meaning the lyrics and trying to find a way back into love…

“Thank you girls, please take your seats.” Mr. Park instructed.

We bowed and I dragged Tiffany quickly back to the others.

“Ok, now that we have heard everyone sing, I would like to take your votes. Remember, there has to be at least one duet.” Mr. Park told us to write down our votes on a piece of paper and then collected them. “Seohyun, please play the piano for us. Warm up while I count the votes.”

­(after a few minutes)

“I’ve got the results!” Mr. Park exclaimed, drawing our attention to him. “The following people please come here afterschool to have a meeting and to sign up for a song: Taeyeon, Seohyun, Yuri, Sunny, Tiffany, Jessica…”

My heart dropped. I didn’t want to sing in the concert. I had to audition because it was mandatory and I would get extra credit. I even did a worse job than normal so that I won’t get in, but I did!!! Why???... wait what did Mr. Park just say?

“..sica and Tiffany, you guys will be doing the duet. It might be a little hard to find a duet for two girls so one of you will probably have to sing the boy part. You guys figure it out.”

Tiffany jumped up and down and then hugged me tightly.

“We got the duet!! Yeah! Awesome! hehehe I know so many songs that we can sing. I’m so happy that I don’t have to sing alone. I’m singing with you, Jessi, with YOU! Oh god, thank you!!”

I was surprised by her hug, and I felt heat rising up to my face. Why am I blushing? What is this tingly feeling that I feel inside?

 “Y-yes, it’s great. We will be great.” I told her, smiling as well.

~~

The bell finally rang, signifying the end of the day. I took of my paint-shirt, cleaned up my working space, and washed my brushes. After hanging up my painting to dry, I went over to where Tiffany was still struggling to wash her brushes and paint off. Taeyeon doesn’t take art with us so I take care of Fany during this period.

“Hey Tiffany, ready to go?”

“Just a minute. I can feel the paint still stuck in the brush and I can’t seem to be able to get it out. Jessi can you please help me wash these?” she asked while frowning cutely at the troublesome paintbrush.

“Sure.” I took some brushes and pallets from her and went to the sink beside to wash.

“Jessica just did what Tiffany told her to do? She obeyed someone?” I heard some students whispering at the back while looking at the two of us. I blushed upon hearing them and realizing that it is true.. the Ice Princess just did what someone (who is not a teacher or parent) tell her to do.

“Ahem.. I’m done, are you?” I cleared my throat and asked Tiffany while turning around to glare at the students behind. They quickly grabbed their bags and exited the room, leaving only the two of us.

“Yup! Where did the tissue pile go?” she answered me while feeling around the sink.

“Here…wait there is some paint on your left cheek-- .” I took some tissues and carefully wiped the paint off. She’s so pretty even if she’s covered in blue paint.. my fingers lingered a few seconds longer on her cheeks as I was thinking.

“It’s ok, I can do it myself.” Her cheeks redden up at our contact.

“Oh right, sorry.” I started blushing as well, wondering if she knew what I was thinking. She took the tissues from me and wiped her cheeks and hands. An awkward silence has fallen upon us.

“Umm, should we get going? We don’t want to be late do we?”

“Yeah, let’s go sign up for our song before anyone else does Jessi.” She took my hand and waited for me to start walking.

Our song, she said oursong… or am I just overreacting? Why did she blush when I touched her cheek and when I was putting on lip-gloss for her? What is it that I feel?

 

Hello people! I'm back as promised! :D hehe hope i didnt fail u guys with this chappy. i am tryin my hardest so plz bear with me! thx for the comments and plzz comment more! plz come out if there are any silent readers, i don't bite! i just want to see some support. :)

hav u guys heard Mr. Taxi? i'm so in love with it! and

Happy Birthday Jessi-unnie!!!