News

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

Chapter 30 (Part 2)

 

Yoona’s POV

All of us left Jessica and Tiffany, going back to our respective houses. Sunny and Taeyeon crossed the road, heading towards Sunflower Café, and Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun continued down the street while Yuri walked me next door, to my house.

She looked really happy, skipping all the way, a wide smile plastered on her face, dragging me back home by the hand. We stopped in front of the door. She didn’t leave or let go of my hand. I looked at her, and she just smiled back at me.

“Yuri-ah—”

“Can I come in for a while?” She asked me happily.

“Uhh, sure?” I looked at our hands suggestively, but she didn’t get me. “Yuri-ah, how am I supposed to get my key out if you’re holding my hand?”

“O-oh.” She let go of me and put her hands in the pocket of her shorts. She kept rocking back and forth energetically on her heels while waiting for me.

“Why are you so happy?” I entered my house and held the door open for her.

“Something happened.” She jumped onto the sofa and heaved a big sigh. “Yoona-ah, I think I can finally move on from Jessica.”

“What happened?” I asked, going to the kitchen to get some drinks.I felt my heart jump into my throat and then sink into the pit of my stomach.

“You know Leeteuk?”

“Who?” I took out the carton of orange juice from the refrigerator.

“You know, the guy I keep talking about, the arranged marriage?” Yuri explained slowly, as if talking to a child.

“Yeah? What about him?” I asked her loudly again while pouring the juice into mugs.

“We went on a ‘date’ the day before. And I found out that he’s quite charming after all.” Yuri giggled. “I think I might like him. He even got me a Mickey Mouse toy.”

The carton of juice slipped out of my hand and fell onto my foot, spilling onto the floor.

“SH*T!” I swore loudly and bent down to clean up the mess but my hand accidently knocked down one of the mugs. “!”

“YOONA-AH! Are you ok?” Yuri came running into the kitchen and pulled me out from the middle of the broken debris.

If only she can also fix this mess of a situation that I’m in too.

I raised my hands to remove her hold on me. Bending down, I began to pick up the white shards of what was left of the mug, hiding my face from Yuri’s concerned eyes at the same time. Yuri sat down next to me and wiped the juice away with a scrap of cloth.

“Are you ok?” She asked me again.

I nodded, not trusting my voice enough to speak. What’s wrong with me?

“Yoona-ah, your finger’s bleeding!” Yuri grabbed my left hand and lifted my index finger to . Her lips were warm and soft against my finger. I could feel her tongue wiping away the blood as she gently on the wound to stop the blood flow.

“Does it hurt?” She pulled me back towards the living room and seated me on the sofa.

“No.”

“Wait here. I’ll go get a plaster.” She began walking towards the bathroom.

“No.” Yuri stopped. “Don’t leave me.”

“Huh?”

At her surprised expression, I broke out of that weird trance I was in.

“I- I mean it’s ok. It’s just a small cut. It’ll heal in no time.” I conjured up a smile.

“Ok then…” Yuri walked back to me and sat down in front.

“So tell me more. Is he the reason why you’re so happy today?” I tried to keep the smile on my face.

Yuri smiled back, playing with her hair sheepishly. “Not really. I guess it’s more of the fact that I’m no longer stuck up on Sica.”

“So what are you going to do about that Lee guy?” I was on a rollercoaster ride in my heart.

Yuri sighed and furrowed her eyebrows. “I don’t know. That’s what I want to talk to you about.”

The rollercoaster just went down a 90 degree hill. I copied her sigh and closed my eyes tiredly.

“But I guess you’re too tired already. This afternoon has been quite hectic and eventful.” Yuri nodded understandingly and stood up to leave.

“Thanks.”

Yuri patted my head and kissed my forehead in farewell. “I’ll see you at school. Good night.”

“Night, Yuri… unnie.”                                                                           

She looked back at me confusedly at the last word but left without saying anything. I let my body lie down on the sofa and covered my eyes with my hands in frustration.

“What’s wrong with me?”

~~

Taeyeon’s POV

“FANY-AH! SICA-AH!” I shouted loudly as I stepped into my house. Sunny trailed after me, peeking here and there. “I’M BACK!”

“Yah, quit shouting like that.” Sunny hit my arm and covered her ears again in case I decided to continue waking the whole neighborhood.

“Sorry.” I grinned at her. “Just giving them a warning that they have company.”

“Where are they?” Sunny continued looking around. “Think they’re still sleeping?”

“Must have been tired last night.” My chuckle died down when she glared at me. “Umm, I’ll go check. Why don’t you make all of us some breakfast?”

Sunny happily agreed and headed to the kitchen. I climbed up the stairs noisily, trying to make as much sound as possible, but there was no response. I stood outside my cousin’s room for a while, taking deep breaths and preparing myself for anything I might see. Hehe.

“Yah! That’s your cousin and her girlfriend you’re thinking about.” I quietly scolded and slapped myself for having byun thoughts. Hurriedly opening the door before my mind could do anymore of its thinking, I poked my head into her room.

And then I froze.

Not because I saw what I expected to see. But because of Jessica’s glare.

“H-hey…” I managed to croak out and wave a hand robotically.

“Hi.” She replied, the coldness seeping out from the single syllable.

“Y-you’re awake quite early.” I fully stepped into the room. Jessica immediately pulled the blanket up while fixing me with another glare.

“Shut up. You’ll wake Tiff.” She glanced down at my cousin who was cuddling next to her, unaware of the Ice Age caused by her girlfriend.

As soon as Jessica’s eyes landed on Tiffany, they softened and lost their coldness. A smile crept up onto her face as she gently ran her fingers through the locks of dark brown hair. I broke out into a wide grin, breaking my gaze away from the couple to the floor where a pile of clothes have been carelessly discarded. I felt my cheeks burn upon seeing my cousin’s pink undergarments and her girlfriend’s black ones, and even more blood rushed up to my face as I realized that they both were still haven’t dressed.

“Uhh… you should wake Fany up. Sunny’s making breakfast downstairs. Should be ready in a while.” I hastily backed out of the room.

Jessica nodded in response but did not even look up from gazing at her girlfriend.

 “Aish, these girls.” I chuckled and couldn’t help smiling, feeling happy for my cousin and even for Jessica.

I quietly closed the door again and went back downstairs. I skipped into the kitchen, feeling less uncomfortable and awkward with each step I took away from the couple.

“Kim Taengoo, why are you smiling like that?” Sunny poked my cheek with a spoon. “Having byun thoughts again?”

“N-no!” I denied and changed my smile into the dorky one that she loves. “MY SUNSHINE!! Taengoo is hungry!”

I hugged her from the back and did some baby talk. Sunny giggled cutely before turning around to stuff a slice of bread into my mouth.

“Stop at aegyo. It’s disgusting.” She told me with pink cheeks.

“At least now you know how we feel when you act cute.” I replied mindlessly, and then immediately closed my mouth upon realizing what I just said.

“What. Did. You. Say?!” My cute Sunny turned into a scary bunny.

“I said I love you.” I changed my words and smiled dorkily at her again. “Because you’re so cute.”

The anger disappeared from her eyes and she looked away, blushing furiously.

“Whatever.” She mumbled before turning back to her cooking.

Heh. So cute.

~~

Jessica’s POV

Tiffany looked so beautiful, sleeping peacefully with a slight content smile on her lips. I could stare at her all day. I wanted to stare at her all day. I wanted everything like stop at that moment: all tranquil and perfect. The sunshine was perfect. The ambiance was perfect. Tiffany in my arms was perfect.

But of course, I don’t have the powers to stop time.

Tiffany began to stir as the sun’s rays shined onto her face. I glanced at the clock and decided to wake my girl up as it was already 10:30, just one and a half hours till our class starts for the day. Firstly, I went to wash up and put on some clothes so that Tiffany could sleep a little more, but she was sound asleep again when I finished.

“Aha! Listen Fany, it’s time to wake up!~” I sang and jumped onto the bed. Tiffany just groaned and turned to the other side.

“My angel and my girl.” I pulled on her shoulder so that she was flat on her back again. She was already wide awake because of my loud singing, but she stubbornly refused to get up.

“My sunshine!~” I gave her a peck on the lips and took her hands in mine.

“Oh! Oh! Let’s go!” I pulled her up and then dragged her into the bathroom. Tiffany grabbed her towel along the way, wrapping it around her body before hugging me. I put some toothpaste onto her toothbrush and handed it to her.

“I’ll be waiting downstairs.” I kissed her forehead and smoothed out her bed hair. “I’ll pick out your outfit for you today.”

Tiffany made an incomprehensible sound which I ignored by chuckling. I skipped down the stairs to join the dandyu in the kitchen.

“Taeng! Sun! Good Morning!” My cheerful greeting was met with shocked expressions

“Someone’s verrryyy cheery today.” Sunny smiled and gave me a knowing wink.

I turned by back on them by sitting down in the living room and changed the subject. “What are you making?”

Ring, ring, ring… The phone rang before she could answer.

“Sica, get the phone will you?” Taeyeon shouted from the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch to walk four lazy steps towards the phone. “Hello?”

“Hello. Is this Kim Taeyeon’s house?” A man’s deep voice answered.

“Yes. Would you like to talk to her?” I replied politely, sensing that the man is quite older than me.

“Actually, I would like to talk to Stephanie.”

“Sorry?” I stood up straight at the name. A flash of recognition flashed through my mind, along with a pang of pain.

“Sorry, I meant Tiffany.” The man corrected himself.

Just then Tiffany came down the stairs, looking gorgeous in the white blouse and red checkered hot pants that I’ve chosen, her hair spread out on her shoulders. I put my hand over the mouth piece and called to her.

“Tiff! Honey, there’s a call for you!” I said loudly in English. Tiffany walked over and took the phone. She gave me a quick kiss before refocusing her attention.

“Hello?”

“Hello Steph.” The man replied, smiling from the other end of the line.

“DADDY!” Tiffany exclaimed like a little girl, scaring me as I was hugging her from the back.

“Did the other girl just call you honey?” Overhearing what he said, I gulped and quickly went back to the safety of the sofa.

“That’s just Jessi’s way of speaking.” Tiffany covered up not too convincingly.

“Hmm, Jessica huh? Anyways, how are you sweetheart?”

“I miss you Daddy! Are you coming for graduation?”

“That’s actually why I called. Good news or bad news first?”

“Bad.” Tiffany answered, dreading what he had in store.

“I can’t come.”

“Why can’t you come?” Tiffany’s smile turned into a sad frown.

“I’m really sorry Steph, I know that this is a really special occasion for you, but business calls. But the good news is,” Mr. Hwang continued. “Michelle will be there.”

“Mimi?”

“Yes. She’ll be there and she’ll bring you back to the US for Elena’s anniversary. Ask Taeyeon if she can stay with you two.”

“Ok.” Tiffany was sadden at the mention of her mother, but she was very excited to see her sister.

“I have to go now. Bye Steph. Be well, be a good girl ok?”

“Yes Daddy. I love you.” Tiffany replied, her eyes filling with tears.

“I love you too Tiffany.” Mr. Hwang hung up first. Tiffany kept the phone next to her ear, trying to find calmness in the rhythmic beating.

“Honey, are you ok?” Jessica asked, seeing that the girl was just standing there without saying anything. “Aww, Tiff, don’t cry.”

She took away the phone and put it down before bringing the girl into her arms. “Shh, everything will be alright.”

“I miss him so much, Jessi. I miss Mimi and Leo. I miss Mommy.” Tiffany told her as she sobbed and clung onto her girlfriend.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked as she came out from the kitchen.

“Mr. Hwang called.”

“And?” Taeyeon walked towards the two and started rubbing the back of the crying girl.

“He’s not coming for graduation.” Jessica informed the short girl.

“Mimi’s coming instead of him.” Tiffany said while sniffing and wiping her tears away.

“Mimi-unnie?!” Taeyeon’s eyes brightened up at the name of the cousin she idolizes.

Tiffany nodded and chuckled at her cousin’s reaction. “Can she stay with us?”

“Of course. OF COURSE! MIMI’S COMING!!!~~” Taeyeon sang as she jumped around happily. Tiffany and Jessica shook her head at her and decided to ignore her. She slid her hands around Jessica’s waist and leaned onto her.

“Sorry about just now.” She said with a slight smile.

“It’s ok.” Jessica patted her back comfortingly as Tiffany snuggled her head in the crook of her neck.

“Hey, Tiff. When did Uncle say Mimi’s coming again?” Taeyeon, who has finally calmed down, sat down beside the two and asked.

“He did—” Tiffany’s answer was interrupted by the door bell ringing.

Ding dong. Ding dong.

“I’ll get the door.” Jessica volunteered while Tiffany continued talking. “Who is it?”

“He didn’t say when.”

Jessica peeked through the peephole and frowned when she wasn’t able to recognize the girl standing on the other side. She opened the door and poked her head out.

“Who are you?”

“Hello!~” The woman greeted her happily and flashed her a smile that caused her eyes to smile as well. “I’m—”

“Michelle Hwang.” Jessica’s eyes widened and her hands dropped limply to her sides. She stared at the beautiful woman in front of her, and then broke out into a wide smile.