The Start or The End

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Krystal’s POV

“Soojung-ah, time to get up!” I heard Mom calling. “Where are you?”

I sat up sleepily and looked around at the unfamiliar surroundings before realizing that I was in Jess’s room. I dragged myself towards the door and opened it.

“I’m here. Morning Mom.”

“What are you doing in Sooyeon’s room?”

“Sleeping?” Yeah, my brain was still asleep because I was awake until around 3.

“You have your own room.”

“Sulli.”

“What? Sulli’s gone since 6 in the morning.” I just nodded and went inside my room. “Come down quickly or you’re going to be late for school.”

I jumped onto the bed and buried my head into my pillow. It smells like Sulli’s shampoo. I turned around and stared at the ceiling. She left without a goodbye. I sat back up and got off the bed to get ready for school. I have to move on. I’ll show her that I’m stronger than she thinks I am.

~~

“Hey, Sulli, Taemin, Minho, and everyone else.” I greeted with a smile and sat down between my friend and Minho at the lunch table.

“Good morning?”

“I thought you were fighting with Sulli.” Minho commented and Jonghyun kicked him under the table, but he ended up kicking me.

“It’s me you kicked Oppa.” I turned my left putting on the sweetest smile I can conjure. “We’re fine now, aren’t we Ssul?”

“Ye-yeah, I guess.” Sulli answered, just going along with me.

Onto phase two of my plan. I turned to my other side, still smiling that smile.

“Minho oppa~~” I called in a singsong voice and he choked on the water he was drinking.

“Omo! Oppa, are you ok?” I asked while hitting his back lightly. He nodded vigorously and held out a hand to stop me. “I was just going to ask you if you can give me a ride home.”

This time Sulli started choking on the rice she was eating.

“Ssul, are you ok?!” I asked with fake worry and immediately turned back to Minho when I saw that Taemin was taking care of her.

“So oppa, will you? Umma has work, unnie can’t, and Sulli has Taemin. You’re the only one I have.”

“Alright Krys.” He agreed to me gladly.

“Thanks oppa! See you later then!” I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and rushed away out of the cafeteria as if I was a girl in love.

When I was outside, I hid behind the doorway and looked back inside. Minho was holding the cheek I kissed with a big smile on his face and Sulli was looking at him confusedly.

Minho-oppa, I’m really sorry. So what will happen now, Sulli?


Tiffany’s POV

I woke up a little earlier than usual because my phone beeped right beside my ear. You’ve got a message.

I groaned as I flipped open my phone to listen to the voice message.

“Hey! Morning sunshine! I woke up before you did! Amazing right? Anyway, I left early because Mom called me. I left you a present on your table, and can you bring it to school so that we can fill it in? Oh, I saw two small boxes with our names on it, written in Tae’s handwriting so I asked and she told me to take the one addressed to me. So I took it, hope you don’t mind. I really like it, and if they are couple necklaces like I predicted, wear yours today because I’m wearing mine. Gosh, I’m feeling very talkative today. Maybe it’s the coffee. I wonder what Sunny put in it. Anyway, I’m home so bye. Cya in like 20 minutes and I love you!” Jessica said those rapidly in English to fit all she wants to say in the time limit.

I smiled, happy to hear my girlfriend’s excited voice first thing in the morning. I went towards my desk to search for the present and found a big box. I sat down in my chair and opened it to find a big book inside. On the cover, Jessica has used what she learnt last night to write “JeTi’s Book of Memories”.

~~

Jessica’s POV

“Tiffany! Wait up!” I called as I saw Taeyeon and her walking together to art class. The two stopped and turned around to wait for me.

“Hey Jessi!” Tiffany greeted me and took my hand before continuing to walk.

I smiled widely, satisfied with her actions. I let go of her hand and put my arm around her shoulder instead. She put her arm around my waist in response, and took Taeyeon’s hand with her free hand. I caught Taeyeon’s eyes as she was looking at the two of us.

“Taeyeon, are you ok? You seem pale.” I asked her worried.

“I’m fine.”

We sat together at our table and took out our sketchpads. The class went by quickly as we had to finish our projects in silence.

“Jessica?” Taeyeon said after cleaning up our workspace. “Can you please drop Tiffany off at our house? I need to go to work and also write our song with Sunny afterwards.”

“Sure, don’t worry. I’ll take care of Tiff.”

“Bye then. See you later Fany-ah.” Taeyeon went out of the classroom, leaving me and Fany alone.

“So I guess you’re stuck with me.” I told Tiffany.

“It’s ok, I like being stuck with you.” Tiffany gave me and eyesmile.

I slapped her behind as I went to wash my hands at the sink.

“Hey, what did you do that for?” she turned around and asked me.

“You’re too cute.” I told her. “And staying with Taeyeon made me like that.”

“Well, my erted girlfriend, living in the same house as Taeyeon rubbed off on me too.” Tiffany said as she came up behind me and hugged me around the waist before hitting my too.

We both burst out laughing. Together we walked hand in hand to the school entrance.

“Jessi, what are you trying to find?” Tiffany asked me while I was searching through my bag for my bicycle keys.

“Umm. Just wait a minute. I lost my keys.” I replied. “Can you just wait a minute? I want to go check if I left it in my locker. Don’t go anywhere.”

Without giving Tiffany a chance to reply, I rushed back into the school.

~~

“Ok Tiff..” I cried out as I ran to her breathless, but immediately stopped upon seeing Claire and Tiffany facing each other angrily.

“Oh here comes your little Jessi. I see, you got a new bodyguard in replacement of Taeyeon.” Claire said as she smirked at me.

“They’re not my bodyguards.” Tiffany replied angrily.

“Not bodyguards? You know, you have such a pretty face. It’s such a pity that you are blind.” Claire told Tiffany while lightly tracing her jaw line with her finger.

Tiffany turned her head away and raised her hand to stop Claire’s fingers, but Claire grabbed Tiffany’s hand tightly.

“Ah!” Tiffany shrieked, both surprised and hurt.

“Let her go.” I said to Claire while stomping towards the two.

“Why should I?” Claire replied while brushing Tiffany’s cheeks with her other hand.

“I said let her go! You’re hurting her!” I shouted while slapping Claire’s hands off.

“Why so violent all of a sudden? Why do you care if I am hurting her?”

“Just let her go!”

“The great Ice Princess is trying to protect Tiffany. Hah, unbelievable! You didn't even stand up for Taeyeon like this. Is Tiffany another of your play-toys like Taeyeon was?”

“No she isn’t. I never thought of Taeyeon like that. I will never think of Tiffany like that!” I felt the anger rising inside me, threatening to burst out.

Tiffany took my hand and entwined our fingers. I tried to calm down before I do anything that I will regret later on.

“So what was Taeyeon to you if not a toy? A real lover? It’s a shame she never found out how much you loved her. I guess no one would have guessed that you have a heart or that you actually have feelings.” Claire snickered and refused to shut up.

Slap. “Don’t you dare talk to her like that again, you b**ch!” We both looked at Tiffany in surprise.

“How dare you touch me! You really have the nerve to do all these things don’t you. Living with your cousin, and then dating her ex with whom she broke up with just a while ago.”

“TIFFANY!” I shouted as Claire pushed her down. “You! I’ll kill you! Shut up and leave Tiffany out of this.”

“You two, acting all so cute and loving. It’s just sickening.”

I started to stand up to fight with Claire but Tiffany caught my wrist and stopped me.

“Jessi, don’t she’s not worth the fight, you’ll just be wasting your energy.”

“You should listen to your ‘girlfriend’, Jessi.” Claire snickered.

Just as I prepared myself to jump onto her, her cell phone rang.

“Hello? Yes Mommy, I’ll be right there.” Claire shut her phone and smiled arrogantly at us before walking off.

“I hate that girl! What does she have against me, no that’s not it, she has plenty against me, but why would she want to hurt you Tiffany? You haven’t done anything to her.” I said and showed the finger to the retreating figure of the girl.

I crouched down to where Tiffany was still sitting to the ground. She was clutching her left hand hard and trying to stand up.

“Tiffany, let me help you.” I grabbed both of her hands but she yelped and pushed me away. “Hey, what’s wrong? You hurt your left wrist?”

“I think I sprained it when I tried to stop my fall.” Tiffany said and stood up by herself with the help of a wall. “It’s ok. I’m fine.”

“Come, you need to go to the hospital.” I got onto my bicycle and helped Tiffany while taking care not to touch her wounded hand.

“No. I said I’m fine!” She moved out of my reach, clutching her hand to her chest. “I’m going home.”

“I’ll send you home.” I reached for her again, but she stepped back again and shook her head.

“I can go by myself.” She shakily took out her cane from her bag and unfolded it. “Please Jessi, I just need some time alone.”

“All right. Just be careful” I walked closer and this time she let me. I kissed her forehead and hugged her. “Remember, I’ll always be here if you need me.”

Tiffany nodded and walked away. I let her get ahead of me before following from behind. I was worried, especially after the recent fight with Claire. Tiffany, who usually has an extra-sharp sense, did not even notice me. She tripped once on the way and fell down but she stood right back up, not giving in.

Tiff, are you ok? What’s wrong? I’m really sorry.

~~

Tiffany’s POV

I would not give up yet. It’s going to be fine. I’m strong. I repeated these three lines over and over in my head, but my heart was not convinced. 594 steps. I somehow got to back to Taeyeon’s house without noticing it. I climbed up the stairs, my legs feeling like they’re made of iron. My room was dark, as always, my whole life is filled with darkness. I walked over to a corner of my room and sat there, resting my head on my knees and trying not to think. I do not know how long I sat there, but it must have been about 2 hours because I heard Taeyeon come back home.

“Fany-ah, are you back?” She called out as she opened the door to my room and came inside. “Tiffany, are you ok?!”

I lost it when I felt her arms around me. Tears fell uncontrollably and all the brainwashing that I did to myself turned out to be useless. I knew that it’s not going to be fine.

“Fany-ah, what’s wrong? Tell me. Is it Sica? Is it because of her?”

I did not answer because I did not know it. But Taeyeon took my silence as a yes.

“What did she do to you? How dare she make you cry?”

“No. No! NO!” That was the only answer I had for all her questions and mine.

“Ok, look. Calm down first. Then we’ll talk ok?” Taeyeon made me stand up and guided me towards the bed. I was still bawling when she tucked me in and went out to make me something to eat.

The moment she went out, I miraculously calmed down. Maybe it was the guilt and the confusion that I felt around Taeyeon that made me cry. I wiped away my tears and sniffled while coming to a decision. I reached for my phone and dialed before I can change my mind. She picked up on the 2nd ring.

“Tiff!”

“Hey.”

“Are you crying?” Jessica immediately asked worriedly.

“Jessi…”

“Yeah?”

“Let’s… let’s take a break.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“NO, Tiff. Why? Is it because of Claire?”

I did not answer because I did not want to lie to her.

“If it’s because of her, ignore it. Or if you want, let’s talk it through. We can’t just… do this.”

“Jess, I’m just asking for a break, I’m not breaking up with you. I just need some time to think and clear my mind. I don’t want to trouble you.”

“NO, you don’t trouble me at all.” She replied quickly. “And I love you.”

“I know. This is not about me not loving you. I do and you know it. Please Jessi? Ok, we’ll make a deal then. Just one month.”

“One MONTH??!! No way. One week.”

“Two weeks? If you love me Jessi, trust me.”

“All right. Two weeks. We’ll take a break.”