April's Fool, We're all fools in love

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

A/N: (a hella long a/n, sorry) hello everyone! it has been a long time since i even touched the document of Seeing You but for some reason, over the weekend, i had this great urge to write more for Seeing You. I spent all of Sunday rereading my 30sth chapters and writing the next update. I am releasing a new chapter, but I am not taking this story off Hiatus because I want to finish Letters to Jessi and maybe even Her Little Princess first. I do not know when I will update again and please do not rush me.

So recap!

JungLi: Ssul's bday. Ssul and her boyfriend Taemin being all cheesy. Krys finally kissed Minho. Krystal confessed and kissed Sulli (finally!) and Sulli kissed back O.O

JeTi: Michelle-unnie in the house! but the sister doesn't know yet that JeTi are dating. Jessica wanted in Michelle's fashion company after graduation. Michelle is clearly flirting with Jessica and the Jung is smitten. Fany got angry and jealous. Jessi apologized and they're fine now. Something is clearly up with Jessica's past since Aunty Jung and Michelle knows each other, and Tae knows something about that too, but JeTi are clueless. JeTi getting it on at the party... until YoonYul ed =.=

YoonYul: Yuri swayed by Leeteuk. Poor Yoong having feelings for her twin trooper.

SunYeon: Sunny has a crush on someone little. Soo and Yul knows. Tae expects that something is going on...

They're all planning to go to the amusement park together. and April Fools is coming up.

Enjoy the rare update :D

comment, upvote, subscribe, spread the love~~


Last chapter:

Her face was once again only a millimeter away from Sulli’s. And her lips were pressed against the other girl’s. Sulli let out a startled gasp, partially from the fall and partially from the accidental kiss, and her wide eyes grew bigger. But Krystal had her trapped between her arms, and she decided to let her heart lead. She parted again and delicately the girl’s lips. Her heart fluttered and fireworks exploded in her mind. Sulli was so sweet, just how Krystal always imagined her to be.

Sulli, in the meantime, felt a jolt of what seemed like electricity go up her spine at the thought of Krystal kissing her, and involuntarily closed her eyes and tightened her grip on the girl on top of her, reciprocating the intimate action. It was too perfect: the kiss so gentle, the lips so soft, the arms so warm, the embrace so secure, the taste so sweet…

Sweet. Sulli’s eyes reopened in alarm at the thought. How can it be perfect? Krystal was kissing her! What about Minho and Taemin?!

 

 

Chapter 36

 

“Let’s just forget this ok?”

Sulli looked over at the younger girl who sat leaning against the wall, her arms wrapped around her knees. Krystal lifted her head momentarily but faced away immediately when their eyes met.

“But why?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Krystal began rocking back and forth rhythmically. Her eyes glazed over with an indefinable emotion.

“No, it does! It matters, at least to me.” Sulli argued.

Krystal sighed and lied down on her stomach. “Just drop it ok? I don’t want to cause trouble. I’m leaving anyways.”

“What?!”

“Nothing.” She buried her face in her pillow.

“You’re leaving?” Sulli got up from her chair and walked to the bed, sitting down on the edge.

There was no reply, except for the faint sobs muffled by the pillow.

“Krys?” Sulli placed a hand on the girl’s back, rubbing it soothingly, but Krystal moved away.

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this.”

“What’s supposed to be what?”

There was a brief silence before Krystal sat up, facing the other girl seriously. “Sulli, I love you.”

--

Minho slumped against the wall and almost let out a gasp in surprise. He didn’t mean to eavesdrop the conversation between the two girls but he just heard it. Now with this new knowledge that he received about his girlfriend, he didn’t know what to do. Krystal’s confession to her best friend kept on repeating in his mind. It provided answers to some questions that he had regarding their own relationship—wait did they even have a genuine one?—and also triggered some new conflicting thoughts. His legs gave out from under him and his back slid down along the wall, falling into a pile on the ground. He felt tears pricking at the back of his eyes just like how Krystal’s words kept on piercing his broken heart. But he would not let them fall.

No matter what anyone says, he had Krystal. No, he still has her; after years of refusal, she had accepted him. That has to account for something, right? Was she just playing with him though? Was he just a rebound? No, it doesn’t matter what he is to her. Even if she did not love him, he was able to love her for that short time they had together. Nevertheless, it was enough for him if she wanted to bre—… if she wanted to follow her heart.

Minho shakily stood back up with the support of the wall and wiped away the lone tear that had somehow escaped. Deciding that he would not jump to conclusions or take action without talking to his girlfriend first, he went back downstairs to give the girls their privacy.

--

“You…” Sulli’s eyes widened in surprise at the confession, “love me?”

That was not what she was expecting to hear, although her heart told her that she already knew of her best friend’s love for her since a long time ago. She had just chosen not to see it.

Krystal sighed and pulled up her knees to her chest in a defensive position again. “Yeah, I do…”

She couldn’t bring herself to say those three words again for some reason. Looking straight at Sulli, she continued to follow her heart.

“That’s what I’ve been wanting to tell you for a long time. And I was going to tell you after graduation, when I’m about to leave. But since it turned out this way, I might as well say it. Before you say anything, let me speak till the end. I do... feel that way for you, but something unexpected came up. It was always you and me, since we were young. And then Taemin happened, and even then, at least to me, it was still you and me. But Minho-oppa came into my life and somehow managed to get into my heart. He won me over somehow. At those times when you hurt me—no I’m not blaming you because you weren’t even aware of the effects that you have on me—, he was always there. He’s always there. So somehow, he got me dependent on him. I need him, and I like him.”

Sulli just stared, listening to every word that Krystal had to say.

“Krys, do you still love me?” She immediately slapped shut with her hand after the question was asked. She had been thinking it, but she didn’t mean to ask it to the latter. Also, it didn’t come out like she wanted the question to; now it sounded so desperate, so needing of the younger girl’s love.

Krystal looked surprised by the direct question. She wanted to answer that she didn’t know, but then it would be lying. She didn’t want to respond yet she owed Sulli the answer, a truthful one.

“I…” Taking a deep breath, she spoke the words from her heart, “love you. And I loved you.”

Sulli searched to find the difference between the sentences and when she did, she smiled a tearful smile. Her heart felt heavy with guilt and apology, but she knew that there was nothing that she could do. She blamed herself; how could she have been so blind? How could she make up for all that she had done to the girl who loved her unconditionally?

“I’m so sorry.” Even that was not enough.

But Krystal shook her head. “No, keep it. Don’t be. Loving you is something I’ll never regret. And I still love you, there’s a part of me that always will. At the same time, there’s also another part of my heart that’s taken by Minho-oppa.”

She moved forward to bring the other girl into her arms. She smiled into the warm hug and decided that it was for the best for all they would be are best friends, nothing more, nothing less. And as for now, she didn’t want anything else. With Sulli for a best friend and Minho for a boyfriend, there was nothing more that a girl could wish for, clearly nothing more that Krystal should wish for.

“Let’s just remain as we always have been, shall we? I don’t want to push for the impossible and lose you.” Krystal proposed.

She could only heave a sigh of relief when she felt Sulli nodding her acquiesce and arms hugging her back. Yes, that was all she could wish for.

~~

It was finally D-Day! The day they’ve been waiting for all year! Yoona and Yuri could hardly sit still at the back of the Kwon’s chauffeured car while Sulli rolled her eyes from the other side. The two older girls were acting like five year olds again, and Sulli was even a little worried for the friends of her sister and her “twin” as those two together always brings nothing but trouble, especially on days like these. After dropping off the highschooler at her school, the car continued on to the college a few blocks down the road.

“Do you think Sica will fall for it?” Yoona asked, checking in her bag for the hidden prop for their trick.

“If we can fool Tiffany and she decides to play along with us, then totally!” Yuri grinned back at her cheekily and the two girls burst out in laughter at the thoughts of their plans.

They were going to have so much fun that day… but the same could not be said for their appointed victims: Sunny, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Tiffany, and most importantly of all, the one and only Jessica Jung.

Yes, it was April 1st. April’s Fool. D-Day of Yoona and Yuri, the Twin Troopers.

~~

“YAH!” The whole cafeteria stopped eating at the loud outburst coming from the middle of the room. The screamed belonged to the blonde girl standing amongst her sitting friends, hands over , face red and green. “I’ll killfff you whefffnnn I geff back!”

Jessica hastily scrambled to get away from her lunch table and ran straight out of the cafeteria. A loud round of laughter followed her furious exit, the loudest coming from two tall similar looking girls who were now high-fiving each other. The other students went back to their food when they saw that it was just the outcome of another successful April Fool’s joke, but then they were surprised yet again by another loud shout.

“YAH! What did you two do to my Jessi?!” The blonde’s brunette girlfriend slammed her hand onto the table. She would have been glaring at the two trouble makers if she could.

Yoona and Yuri gulped. Unknowingly, they had awakened HellFany, who was as scary as HellSica.

“It was just a joke—” “We put cucumbers into her sandwich. Fa—” The two interrupted each other in their haste to escape the wrath, but Tiffany didn’t hear till the end.

“Cucumbers to Jessi?! You think it’s funny?!” Tiffany hollered and stalked away to find her girlfriend, almost knocking over a poor boy that did not manage to move away.

Yoona and Yuri looked at each other and gulped. The other girls at the table looked around in surprise at the unexpected explosion of anger from a usually happy girl.

“Did you really think it was funny?”

“Tae, come on. It’s not a big deal. The cucumbers are not even—” Yuri stopped in the middle of her sentence when the temperature around them seemed to decrease rapidly.

“Not a big deal? Well, I ended up losing all the lunch and breakfast my stomach had. And the cucumbers are not even what?” Jessica was glaring from behind them with crossed arms, Tiffany standing by her side with a soothing palm on her back.

“Th-the cucumbers are not even r-real!” Yoona managed to reply while cowering next to Yuri.

The cold atmosphere immediately disappeared as Jessica’s glaring eyes changed into a pair of confused round ones.

“Huh?” All the seven other girls around the table asked in unison.

“Then why did Jessi get such a bad reaction?” Tiffany asked her Jessi, cocking her head to one side cutely.

Jessica’s cheeks became aflame with shame, especially at her girlfriend’s innocent question. She grabbed Tiffany’s hand, sat back down in her seat and picked up the sandwich she had thrown back into her plate a while earlier. Opening it up, she saw—with a grimace— that the green things she had seen were in fact cucumbers, but cucumbers slices made of plastic.

“oh…” An awkward silence followed the soft murmur as no one spoke up because they didn’t want to cause further embarrassment to their dear friend.

Fortunately, the bell loudly rang signaling the end of lunch, relieving all the girls from having to either comfort the poor Jessica or scold the mischievous twins. Yoona and Yuri were the first ones to jump out of their seats and practically run out of the room like tigers were chasing their tails. Other girls slowly followed to go to their classes, leaving with soft pats on Jessica’s back and head, until only Tiffany was left behind with Jessica burying her head on her shoulder.

“that was so embarrassing…”

“It’s ok, Jessi. Everyone has their moments.” Tiffany Jessica’s hair while nodding in reassurance.

“But that was just… It’s like I’m overacting.”

“But you weren’t; you’re just so cucumberophobic that just the mere thought of them makes you sick.”

“You’re right. Gosh Tiff, you’re so understanding.” Jessica sniffled and massaged her cheeks to get the redness away.

“Well, I am Tiffany afterall.” Tiffany replied with a cocky raise of her eyebrow.

Jessica chuckled and pulled her girl into another hug. “I love you Tiffany.”

“Love you too Jessi!”

They erupted into giggles, giddy on their love, all the embarrassment forgotten.

“Let’s get back at them somehow.”

Tiffany wordlessly brought Jessica out of her seat and made to go to their next class, her smirk was her agreement.

~~

Yul, meet me at the rooftop after school.’

Yuri climbed up the last flight of stairs, heaving a little from the exersion. She should start working out again at the gym rather than going out to eat with Yoona. Thinking of the other girl, she reread the note that she had found inher bag earlier. The handwring showed that I was clearly Yoona who had requested this of her and had offerend no other explanation. Maybe she watned to discuss some other April Fools prank she ahd came up with?

Pondering over possible reasons, Yuri opened the door and stepped out into the open air, eyes immediately searching for the younger girl. It didn’t take long to find Yoona leaning against the railing while looking out at the afternoon scenry of the neighborhood.

Upon hearing Yuri’s footsteps approaching, Yoona turned around to face her best friend with her usual wide smile, hoping that her cheeriness would cover up the butterflies flittering around in her stomach.

“Hey Yoong!”

“Hi Yul,” Yoona’s grin contracted into a smaller yet more sincere smile once the tanned girl joined her by her said, elbows on the railing as well.

“What’s up?”

“I just wanted to spend some time with you.”

Yuri turned her head to smile at Yoona at that but looked back soon at the setting sun in front, and the younger girl continued staring back, enraptured in the moment.

“This is nice, isn’t it?”

“Yeah…” Yoona replied, bittersweet as she wondered how long this could continue.

“Maybe we should start eating lunch up here? With the other girls, I mean.”

Yoona made a noncommittal sound as response. She cleared the nervousness away from before calling out to the other girl, voice still trembling.

“Yuri-ah?”

“Hmm?” Yuri faced Yoona again, still with the same gentle content smile.

Yoona, once again, wondered if she would ever see that smile again soon.

“I have something to tell you.”

“I’m listening.” Yuri prodded her reassuringly.

“I’m your best friend, right?”

A frown appeared on Yuri’s eyebrows at the tentative question. “Of course. Why would you ask that?”

“What if…” Yoona had to take a deep breath before continuing. “What if I wanted to be something more?”

There has never been a moment before when Yoona had bared herself to someone else like this. She may be a great actress, easily slipping into different personas and hiding herself, but when asked to portray her true self, she found it to be the most difficult and the vulnerability scared her. But now, her mask was off and her heart was being offered on her outstretched hands towards it’s owner.

“Yoona…” Yuri gaped, wide-eyed. “Do you mean…?”

“I like you, Yuri.” Yoona lifted her eyes to look directly at her best friend as her feelings were finally revealed. “I want to be more than a best friend to you. I want to be with you; all hardships and successes, I want to share with you. I want to love you. And I know that this might be sudden, especially with the whole issue with Leeteuk-shi. But he is the very reason that I have gotten the courage to confess this to you. People say that you only realize the value of something once you lose it. I don’t want to lose you, Yuri. I don’t want to lose my chance, if I were to have any. I don’t know who I am to you: maybe just a best friend, maybe something more; but you and my sister are my everything, you are all that I have.”

“Yoona-yah…” Yuri blinked, trying to take it all in, but still unable to accept everything about the revelation. “Are you… I mean, is this for real?”

Yoona felt tears spring to the back of her eyes at the question. Was it that unbelievable that she would sooner or later fall for this kind beautiful person in front of her? Wasn’t it obvious enough since before that Yuri had been all that Yoona had, needed, and wanted? Were her feelings, her love, something that she would ever joke about?

“This is me, as truthful as I could ever be.” A single tear slipped down her cheek but unlike before, Yuri made no sign to wipe it away.

Yoona watched as Yuri frowned even deeper, both lost in their own thoughts. The older girl seemed to be unable to get her head around the confession, getting more and more frustrated as she thought. It was so sudden that it seems unbelievable, but when considering Yoona’s previous actions around her—the jealousy towards Leeteuk, the clinginess, the blushes, the favoritism— Yuri thinks she couldn’t have been blinder.

However, there was still one factor that was prohibiting her from completely believing Yoona’s words.

Yuri looked straight into Yoona’s eyes, asking her to hold her gaze. “Why are you telling me this today?”

Yoona let out a sigh and put on a sad smile. She knew this question will be asked, and she had the perfect answer for it.

“Because it’s April’s Fool.”

Yuri relaxed and smiled widely, thinking she was successful in not getting fooled. The response ached Yoona’s heart.

“No, Yuri. I’m not done yet.” Yuri’s face turned serious again and her eyes were filled with something Yoona cannot decipher. Is it worry? Was Yuri relieved when she thought Yoona was just joking? “It’s April’s Fool, so isn’t it the perfect day to confess to a best friend? If you can accept my feelings, then it’s great. But then if you do not feel for me the same way I do for you, then I can brush this off as a joke. But I’ve told you once and I’ll tell you again now. I like you, Yuri.”

Yuri was speechless. She just stared at Yoona without speaking, without blinking, without even moving for a whole minute. Yoona bit her lip and clenched her fingers into her palm, frightened of what answer she’ll receive, yet at the same time hopeful because Yuri was taking this long to sort out her thoughts.

“Yoona-ah…” She took a step forward and took the young girl’s hands in hers. “Why are you telling me this only now? I’m sorry. I never knew. And I’m so sorry. I don’t think I can… I don’t think I feel the same way for you as you do for me.”

Rejection. It pierced Yoona’s heart, cut it up into pieces, and threw the pieces into the deepest of oceans. She felt tears threatening to fall, her nails in her fist almost breaking skin; she felt her whole body lightening as if all her organs were pulled out of her. Wiping away her tears, Yoona let a mask fall over her again. She struggled to smile, to keep her mask of happiness, and tried to act if this all was just a joke.

“Haha. Caught you! You actually believed me?!” Yoona pulled her hands out from her grasp. “Major LOL. Kwon Yul, I’m the best actress in the whole school, remember?”

Yuri looked at her best friend doubtingly but Yoona took a step forward and hugged her in order to hide her tears which she can no longer hold back.

“Yoona-ah…” To Yoona, it felt good to be hugging her, but, at the same time, heartwretching. Yoona’s name sounded so beautiful when pronounced by Yuri.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri repeated softly. “I think it’s too late now.”

Yoona pulled away suddenly at the words. The older girl wasn’t fooled by her façade but there was no way that the actress would allow her to kick her when she’s down and vulnerable as of now. Yoona turned around quickly and sprinted towards the door, tears cascading freely, leaving Yuri with her last words to ponder upon.

“Do you need to think to feel?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N (2): hey guys, i'm so happy that i actually finally wrote more of this. i miss this story a lot, n i'm sure u guys miss it too. once again, i'll like to reiterate that I have no plan of taking SY off HIATUS, at least until i've finished some other ongoings that i've started...

well the reason i updated actually is...

i know it's not 12 there yet but it's always 12 and the 21st here so lemme just do this now... Baby! Wangjanim! My lovely ninja angel kiddo :D Happy birthday!!! I know how much you love this story and you have been telling me to get to it for a while so I made your wish come true, even if it's just for a chapter. I hope this is a great bday present (tho there's not much jeti i'm sorry), and this is the only thing i can give u cuz i'm like half way around the world. :( anyways, yes i lied to you about not being able to continue writing this chapter :P i realized i can surprise you after i told you so i had to retrack my words hehehe anyways, for the lack of jeti, i'll make up for it with something else ;) so look forward to that too ^^ and another reason, i chose to update THIS story... it's the reason we met hehe, so i think it would hold a special place in both our hearts? it's been 3 years (ish) babe hehe... so anyways, happy birthday! I hope you liked my present! Have a great day and I'll talk to you later ^^ I love you <3

 

btw natty and eyelovegg! i just realized today that u guys follow this story =.= if i had known sooner, we would hav been friends since a long time ago lol niways, thx guys! loving ur support!

i'll probably update Letters to Jessi next, sometime before Monday. :) so motivate me guys!