First Date (Part 1)

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

I was awakened up by the sun shining brightly through the window. I unwillingly peeked open my eyes and squinted in the sudden light. Once my vision cleared, the cream colored ceiling came into view. There was some tape left up there.

Who would put tape on their ceiling? Where am I?

I sat up and looked around the neat bedroom and immediately recognized. I swung my legs off the bed and stood up wobbly. My head hurt and my vision blurred as the room spun round and round. I plopped down onto a chair and waiting till the room stopped moving. I was at her study desk. It was still filled with photo frames like it always had been. The one of her and Tiffany back in the states, the one of all our friends on the day of our high school graduation, the one of her and me, as usual there was no photo of her parents, and there was also another photo missing. One of the frames was put face-down: the one of her and Jessica.

I slowly stood back up and went out of the room in search of her. I climbed down the stairs and there she was: sleeping on her belly on the couch, surrounded by empty cans of last night’s drinks. Taking care not to make noise, I crept towards her and stopped when I was right in front.


“Taeyeon? Taeyeon, wake up.”

She woke to my touch and opened an eye. She drowsily raised her head and waved a limp hand and let her head drop back down.
“Morning, Sunny.”

“Taeyeon-ahhhh, wake up! Don’t you dare fall asleep again!” I whined using my aegyo voice, causing her to cover her ears and shake her head wildly. Since she made no attempt to move from her spot, I started poking her waist.

“Wake up or I’ll jump on you!” I told her while standing up and preparing to pounce.

“Ok ok I’m up!” Taeyeon immediately sat up, knowing from past experiences that it’s better to wake up than to be tackled by me. But she leaned back lazily and refused to get off the sofa. So I pulled her hand and dragged her to her feet.

“Now be a good girl and walk properly.” I commanded and slapped her cute .

“Oww” she whined but started walking on her own while scowling dorkily.

“Good Taetae. That’s why I love you.” I told her with a cheeky grin and slapped her again. I guess I got that habit from her.

Taeyeon’s POV

“That’s why I love you.” Sunny said.

‘I love you.’ The words echoed in my mind. What’s wrong with me?

~~

Krystal’s POV


We’ve just came back from shopping. Unnie’s in the kitchen with Mom while I’ve renamed myself couch-potato.
Unnie’s learning how to cook! Mom’s teaching her how to make kimbab. During commercial break, I went over to them to see how it’s going.

“No, you’re still not rolling it right!” Mom said for the n-th time.

“But I’m doing it like you showed me!” Unnie argued.

“No, it’s like this.” Mom took the seaweed and rice from her and rolled a perfect kimbab. “Here, cut this.”

I watched as Unnie struggled to cut the roll. Stifling my laughter was hard as she was concentrating really hard on doing such an easy task.

“I’ll do it.” I offered.

“No!” Unnie blocked me with her body. “I have a knife.”

“Why are you even trying so hard? Everyone knows you can’t cook.”

Unnie didn’t reply but she mumbled something that sounded like ‘but she doesn’t’.

“Is it because of Fany-unnie?” I probed further.

“Right I forgot to call!” Unnie immediately ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs to her room.

Mom sighed and just continued rolling more kimbab. I smiled as I sneaked up the stairs and crept towards Unnie’s room. I could faintly hear her talking to someone on the phone. I leaned on the door and curiosity got the better of me.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I heard her ask.

“So you’re f-free?” My great Unnie is stuttering.

“Uh.. I was just wondering if you would like to uhh.. go out with me.” H.A.H

“Really?!” She sure does sound excited.

“Sure, I’ll come pick you up.” “Imm”

“hehe” My great Unnie is giggling.

“Ok, then tomorrow.” …

“I love you, Tiff.” B.I.N.G.O

“And I know you’re out there Krys!” C.A.U.G.H.T.

“AHHHHHH!” I screamed while running back downstairs as Unnie chased after me. “UNNIE’S DATING TIFFANY! UNNIE’S WITH FANY!”

“Yah!” She shouted as she tackled me with a hug.

“Unnie, get off! Go hug Tiffany-unnie!” I tried to push her off but we ended up rolling on the floor while laughing.

“Girls, if you want to sweep the floor, you can do it with a broom not with your shirts.” Mom said from the entrance of the kitchen with her hands on her hips and a grin on her face. “Sooyeon, come finish learning how to make kimbabs if you want to impress Tiffany.”

“Yes Mommy.” Unnie stood up and helped me up before leaving me.

I raced excitedly to the telephone to call the next biggest JeTi shipper after me, Sulli.

“Hey Krys?” She answered on the third ring.

“Hey Ssul, have you heard? Unnie and Tiffany-unnie are finally together!”

“Really? Great for them.” She didn’t sound very excited.

“Yeah! We didn’t even have to do anything.” I got a little less exciting after remembering that our great plan went waste.

“Uhh, yeah. Look Soojung, I have to go now. He’s back. Bye!” Sulli hung up before I could say a word.

He’s back. With those two words all my excitement faded away.

I stared down at the phone and my ear glued to it as if that will make Sulli’s voice come back. But all I could hear was the incessant beeping of the phone.

“Hey Krys, you’ve been just standing there for more than 5 minutes already.” Unnie said as she came towards me. “Are you ok?”

“No.” I answered curtly. I slammed down the phone and escaped to the sanctuary of my room.

She chose him over me. How can she?

Jessica’s POV

Puppy love, that’s what they call it. And Krystal is in puppy love trouble. But I am not. I woke up early this morning at 9 because today is a special day. (It’s a Sunday so 9 is considered pretty early). I woke up extra early just to get ready and to make some snacks for Tiffany to eat during our… *date*, even though we were to meet at 3 in the afternoon.

I carefully packed the boxes of kimbab that I have rolled and placed the gift I have bought for Tiffany on top. I heard my mom coming into the kitchen as I closed the lid of the basket.

“Morning Jessica.” She greeted me and ruffled my hair lightly. “Up early, aren’t you?”

I smiled at her in response and gave her a big hug. “Morning mom.”

“So where are you taking Tiffany?” She asked, glancing at the basket I’ve packed.

“To the park down the block.”

“So unromantic.” Mom said not so teasingly.

“Well, I can’t think of any other place to take her! We can’t go to the cinema, we can’t go shopping, we can’t go to the amusement park, so where do we go?!” I threw up my hands into the air in frustration as I thought about how unromantic our first date was going to be.

Mom said nothing. She just chuckled at my behavior as she left the house. I had about 6 hours to kill before it’s time for me to go. I watched TV, I read a book, I played the piano, I sang many songs until Krystal came out of her room to scream at me to shut up, and finally I fell asleep on the sofa.

Luckily, Mom woke me up at 2:30. Before I left, she came running back down with something in her hands and a wide grin on her face.

“Here take these!” She pushed two pieces of paper into my free hand. “I got them from a friend. They’re tickets to a music show that’s performing tonight.”

“But Mom, it’s ok.” I tried to give them back to her.

“No it’s not ok. Now go. You don’t want to be late, do you?” My mom practically pushed me out the door.

“Just thank me later.” She gave me a wink before closing the door.

I securely put the tickets in my purse before turning around to go pick up my girlfriend. As I was rode my bicycle steadily down the block, my mind wondered back to when I was going V-day shopping with Mom and Krystal.

Flashback

“Look, V-day sales!” Krystal exclaimed excitedly as she dragged us along. “Couple Tees!”

She pulled out a pair from the racks and held it up against her. “Mom, Can I get one for me and Sulli? I want us to have BFF shirts.”

Mom nodded her approval before leaving to look at some cute mugs that were on discount. Krystal was looking around for a pair that was cute, yet not too lovey dovey.

“You should get one for you and Tiffany-unnie too.” She told me. “This one is perfect.”

In her hands were two white t-shirts: one said “It’s only you” and the other said “that I can see”.

“Why would I get couple tees with her?” I said and pretended to walk away.

I watched as Krystal bought a pair that had teddy bears on them and read “By your side” “Forever and Always”, and left to Mom after paying for it. I quickly grabbed the T-shirts that she has suggested I should buy and paid for it. Hiding the bag carefully among other things I’ve bought, I went to join Mom and Krys.

Present

knock, knock

I impatiently waited outside the door of Taeyeon and Tiffany’s house after knocking for the second time. I raised my hand to knock again when I heard Tiffany’s loud voice and the lock clicking.

“Jessi!” she shouted as she opened the door and smiled widely. She was wearing a hot pink tank top with jean shorts, showing off her beautiful legs and milky white skin.

“Hey Tiff.” I greeted and hugged her. “Ready to go?”

She nodded and held out a hand for me to take. I placed my hand in hers and walked towards my bike.

“Tiff, get on.” I told her while positioning myself in front. “Hold tight.”

Feeling Tiffany’s arms securing locking around my waist, I paddled off to start off our date.

~~

“Where do you want to sit? Are you hungry?” I asked and looked around the park for a free place.

“Anywhere shady. And yeah, I’m hungry.” Tiffany placed her chin on my shoulder from the back and wrapped her arms around my waist again.

I put my hands over hers and walked towards a shady area on a little hilly ground. Tiffany trailed behind me, stepping in my footsteps and not releasing the grip on me. “Fany, you’ve gotta let me go for a second. We have to sit down.”

Tiffany reluctantly dropped her hands to her side and sat down on the ground.

“I’m going to take you somewhere at 5:30, but before that is there any place you wanna go?” I asked her while taking a seat beside her.

Tiffany shook her head and rested her head on her knees. She remained silent and gloomy.

“Hey Tiff, you ok?” She nodded. “What’s wrong? You were just fine when I picked you up.”

“Bicycle ride. I feel queasy.” Now that she mentioned it, she did look a little green.

“Oh. Wait a minute.” I quickly ran to a drink machine I spotted around the bend to buy a soda. By the time I got back, her face has gained some color and she was now poking inside the picnic basket.

“Here drink this.” Tiffany eagerly reached out for the soda when she heard me opening the can. She didn’t realize I was standing right in front of her, and she ended up punching my stomach.

“Ow!” I stumbled backwards in surprise. “That’s what I get for caring?”

“Sorry Jessi.” Tiffany scratched her head in embarrassment and confusion.

“Jessi?” She called again when I didn’t reply. “Hey, say something.”

“No.” I pretended to be angry at her. “Not until you give me a kiss.”

Tiffany giggled. “Then come closer.”

I scooted towards her and placed the soda on the ground before flinging my arms around her. She wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned towards my ear.

“No, I want you to kiss me.” Her whisper in my ear made me shiver.

“Sure honey.” I readily obeyed her command and placed my lips on hers.

“Mommy, look! Two girls are kissing!” a little boy tugged on his mother’s hand while pointing at us.

“Urghh.” I groaned as we broke apart because of the pesky interruption. I angrily looked at the boy who hid behind his mother’s leg and started crying when he saw me glaring at him. The mother threw us a disgusted look and quickly dragged her son away from us.

“Jessi, stop glaring at the poor boy.” Tiffany placed a calming hand on my back.

“I wasn’t glaring, I was just looking.”

“If your ‘looking’ made him cry, I don’t even want to imagine what your glare will do.” She said, chuckling.

“I’m not that scary!” I argued.

“You’ll be surprised.” Tiffany dropped the subject and reached into her bag to search for something while I took out the food.

“A present.” She handed it to me while smiling widely.