To the Beach

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

 

Chapter 18

Jessica’s POV

Yoona and Yuri came into the room hand in hand. I released Tiff from my hug and sat up straight.

“Yuri? Yoona?” I said.

“Hey Sica! Is everyone ready to go?” Yuri asked cheerfully.

“Where’s Sunny and Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked.

“They’re not going to be coming with us.” Yuri just said that and left the topic. “Soo!  Stop eating. We have to start moving now if we want to get to our spot before midnight!”

“Wait one last bite!” Sooyoung stuffed another piece of bread into and stood up.

“Is Yoona coming along?” I asked, seeing the younger girl still holding hands with Yuri.

Yoona nodded in reply while Yuri was trying to pry Sooyoung away from the food table.

“Ok, ok, I’m coming.” Sooyoung finally came over to where we were now standing. She looked at the four of us and sighed. “All of you are with your pairs, and I’m all alone.”

Yoona and Yuri blushed. “We’re not a pair!”

“Uh, ok.” Both Sooyoung and I raised our eyebrows suggestively at their entwined hands, causing them to let go immediately.

“Hey you guys! Going out afterwards as usual?” Hyoyeon asked as she came towards us.

“Hyo! Come with us!” Yuri skipped to her dance partner. “Bring Seohyun if you want to.”

“Really? Sure! I’ll go tell Seo!” Hyoyeon went off to find her sister.

“We’ll be waiting at the front exit!”

After changing out of our fancy dresses into comfortable daily wear, Yuri and Yoona led Sooyoung, Tiffany, and me out to Yuri’s car.

“Hehe, I’ve borrowed one of my father’s trucks so that we can ride freely.” Yuri said as she saw our mouths hang open upon seeing the “truck”.

“Yuri! Why didn’t you tell us earlier that the car’s gonna be roofless?” I shouted at my dumb best friend.

“Now we’re gonna be freezing in the back!” Sooyoung wailed.

“I know.” Yuri opened the driver-side door and took out a pile of blankets. “That’s why I brought these!”

“Yuri.. there’re only three blankets... and” I stopped for a while as Hyoyeon and Seohyun came out of the door. “And seven people.”

“Uhhh, Yoona can sit in the front with me while I drive. The five of you can share the blankets.” Yuri replied while grinning. That girl thinks she is so smart.. sigh.

“Let’s get going. Get on.”

Sooyoung climbed up first, grabbed one of the blankets for herself, and curled up in a corner. Hyoyeon shared one with her sister, leaving Tiffany and me with the smallest blanket.

“Yah, Sooyoung let’s change blankets. This one is too small for us. Yours is bigger.” I told her.

“No, if you wanted it, you should have gotten it first.” Sooyoung smirked. “If it gets too cold, use body heat.”

“Hello?~ Underage person here.” Hyoyeon pointed to Seohyun as Tiffany and I turned red.

“Unnie, I’m 19.” Seohyun stated matter-of-factly.

“Heh, she’s gonna know sooner or later if she doesn’t already.” Sooyoung brushed the matter off lightly, earning glares from me, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun herself. I imagine Tiffany would be doing the same if she could.

“You guys ok there? I’m driving!” Yuri shouted from the front as she started the truck. “Hold on tight!”

“Yuri!!!” all of us at the back screamed as the truck lurched into life and sped off at about 1000 milesper hour. “Slow down!”

Our screams and shrieks finally made Yuri slow the car down, and we could hear Yoona and her laughing evilly from the front. As the ride became less wild, I opened my eyes again. I felt like the world was spinning round and round. I was holding onto the sides of the truck for my dear life. Tiffany was hugging me very tightly in fright. Eh?? Sooyoung was practically sitting on Hyoyeon’s lap while hiding her face in the girl’s hair. Hyoyeon looked weirded out and was staring out at nothing while gripping the side of the car. Seohyun was now sitting where Sooyoung was sitting at first and was holding onto the truck like I was.

“Sooyoung-unnie? Why are you on top of Hyoyeon-unnie?” Seohyun asked as soon as she could speak again. Hyoyeon quickly pushed the tall girl away causing her to fall down onto Seohyun’s laps. Seohyun, who surprised and frightened by Sooyoung who suddenly fell on her, pushed the poor girl away as well.

“Ooff” Sooyoung fell onto the floor face first. “What’s wrong with you guys?!”

“What’s wrong with you?!” Hyoyeon replied. “You were the one who jumped onto my lap!”

“You didn’t need to push me away like that!”

“You didn’t need to hug me that tight!”

“You little!”

“Little what? Just because you’re taller than me doesn’t mean that you’re any better than me!”

I tried hard to stifle my laughter as I watched the two argue.. and nearly get into a  cat fight. Tiffany was giggling quietly while hiding behind my back.  Seohyun on the other hand was worriedly trying to stop her two unnies, without much success.

Soon, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon grew tired of fighting and retired back under their own blankets. Tiffany snuggled up next to me. I hugged her and pulled the small blanket tighter over us to ward off the cold wind. Tiffany breathed into her hands and rubbed her bare thighs to warm them up.

“Are you cold?” I asked as I put a free hand on one of her perfect honey thighs and started rubbing it. “Why did you wear shorts then?”

“Uhh…” She blushed as she held my hand to stop it. “It’s ok.”

“Why? You’re shivering.”

“But it feels… kinda weird.”

“Oh.” I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks as I realized what she meant.

“I smell sea water!” Tiffany suddenly exclaimed and sat upright, making all of us jumpup in surprise and look towards the east where we saw moonlight shining on top of the moving waters of the east sea. Yuri pulled the truck bumpily onto the sandy beach.

“We’re here!” Sooyoung shouted excitedly.

“Unnie, be careful.” Seohyun said.

“Yah! Giant, sit back down before you fall again.” Hyoyeon shoutedas well.

Sooyoung stuck out her tongue at her and remained standing. All of a sudden, there was a long BANG! and Yuri immediately stopped the car. Sooyoung, as Hyo predicted, fell back down onto Hyo’s lap.

“OOWWW” the two screamed at the same time.

“MY !” Sooyoung screamed. “MY LEGS!” Hyoyeon screamed.

“What happened?” I shouted at Yuri and Yoona who have now gotten down and are walking around the truck.

“Damn! Busted tire! I think I drove over a piece of broken glass.” Yuri answered as she squatted down to check the flat tire.

“You have extra?” Yoona asked from beside her.

“Uhh.. there is some problem..” Yuri looked at us guiltily. “I didn’t bring a spare one.”

“How are we getting home then???!!” Tiffany exclaimed from beside me.

“Get a taxi? Hitch a ride from someone?”

I looked at the main road. “As far as I can see, the road is empty. Empty as in no cars at all.”

I turned to glare at Yuri. “If you didn’t hear my mother, she said be back by MIDNIGHT! And it’s already 11 o’clock.”

“Sorry our Sicarella. There’s no choice. I think we will have to spend the night here.” Yuri shrugged.

“Just our luck…” I face-palmed myself.

“Well, why don’t we just start enjoying ourselves, now that we’re here?” Sooyoung jumped down from the truck and ran towards the sea, still very excited. “Let’s build a bonfire and roast marshmallows!”

“I brought packets of instant hot chocolate!” Tiffany exclaimed, patting her little bag. “Come on Jessi, let’s go and have fun.”

Tiffany excited stood up and pulled my hand. I smiled at her bubbly personality and helped her down from the car.

“I’ll call my mother first. Aren’t you guys gonna call too? Won’t your parentsbe worried?” I took out my phone and dialed my mother. The others nodded and did the same.

My sister picked up the call on the fourth call.

“Hello?”

“Hey sis.”

“Unnie! You coming back yet? Mom’s getting worried.”

“I’ll have to spend the night here. The car broke down and we can’t do anything. Can you tell mom?”

“Ok.. wait, mom’s here.”

“Jessica?” My mom took the phone from Krystal.

“Hi Mom!”

“You’re not coming back tonight?”

“Yes. Car broke down.”

“Ok. Wait, who’s with you? And where are you?”

“We are currently at the east sea. Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Seohyun are with me.”

“Ok then. Be back early. Have fun and be safe.”

“Ok, bye Mom.” I hang up and went over to Tiffany who was still fiddling with her phone.

“Tiff, what’s wrong?”

“Taeyeon’s not picking up. And neither is Sunny.” she replied with a cute frown on her face.

“Leave her a voicemail, I’ll text her.”

While we were solving that problem, the others have begun to build the bonfire. Yoona and Seohyun were making food while the others were trying to find firewood. Sooyoung keeps on sneakily sneaking up on the two maknaes and grabbing some snacks.

“Soo, stop it.” I caught her hand as she was trying to grab a sandwich.

“Heh heh, I was just tasting whether they’re good.” Sooyoung replied nervously after being caught red-handed.

I raised aneyebrow. She put the sandwich back down and went to help Yuri who was trying to light the pile of dry branches.

“Can we help?” Tiffany asked Yoona and Seohyun.

“Nonono, unnie, just go there and sit.” Yoona immediately pushed her neighbor away. “You cannot cook, nor make any food.”

“Th-that’s not true!I’ve made sandwiches before!” Tiffany argued inconvincibly.

“Just come Tiff.” I dragged her along over to the others.

“YAYYYY!” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon shouted happily and clapped as the wood finally caught fire. They high-fived and hugged each other in joy.

“Being able to build a fire makes you guys that happy?” I asked as I sat down on the sand and pulled Tiffany to sit beside me.

The two broke off from their happy hug and cleared their throat.

“Sooyoung did not even help much.” Yuri scoffed from and sat beside me.

Before Sooyoung could say anything in her defense, Yoona and Seohyun came towards us, carrying plates of food. Sooyoung’s angry eyes were suddenly twinkling brighter than the starsabove our headsand she was already all over the food even before it got to us.

“Sooyoung, back off!” Hyoyeon said and putted the shikskin out of the way while talking some plates out of the younger girls’ hands.

Sooyoung pouted and sat back down on the sand.

“Don’t pout. It doesn’t match you.” Hyoyeon said.

Sooyoung immediate got rid of her expression and gave hera glare.

“Don’t glare either. Yours is no match for Jessica’s.” Hyoyeon said again.

“Just eat the food and shut up.” Sooyoung snappedwhile the rest of us laughed loudly.

“Unnie, we’re not here to fight.” Yoonasaid, putting a hand onto the tall girl’s shoulder and passing her a sandwich and a stick with a marshmallow attached onto it.

We all were finally seated and we passed the food around. We told stories and joked around, just hanging out and having fun. We were sitting in this order: Me, Tiffany, Yoona, Yuri, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, and Sooyoung on the other side of me. We were roasting marshmallows over the little fire and drinking hot chocolate.

“Let’s play a game!” Yuri suggested. “Truth or dare!”

“That’s so childish.” I said.

However, all the others seemed to think it would be fun (except Sooyoung who was currently only interested in eating).

“Who will go first?” Yuri asked and went back to her truck. “Let’s use this bottle to spin.”

Yoona volunteered and the bottle pointed towards…Yuri.

“Unnie, truth or dare?”