Thoughts, Ideas and Plans

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Chapter 12

Jessica’s POV

I woke up to someone kicking my shin. I whined, yawned, and slowly opened my eyes. My eyes widened as I saw the person who kicked me, Yuri. She was hugging my waist tightly and resting her head on my chest. Her eyes were puffy and it looks like she had cried.

“Yuri-ah, yul, wake up!” She was still sleeping when I came back from showering. I shook her awake and she sat up immediately. Yuri mouth fell open when she saw me in my towel. She blushed and quickly looked away.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri whispered and would not look at me.

“What are you sorry for?” I was confused, it’s not like she hasn’t seen me in a towel before. But she just shook her head and didn’t answer me. Yuri rushed into the bathroom before I could say anything else.

~~

Yuri came down the stairs while I was eating breakfast.

“Yuri-unnie, come eat some toasts. I made them.” Krystal called from beside me.

“Thanks, but I have to go now.” Yuri avoided looking at me.

“Yul, are you ok? You didn’t get enough sleep last night?” I asked worriedly.

I went up to her and put my hand to her forehead to see if she was sick. She caught my hand in midair and stopped me.

“I’m fine. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”

“Wai— ” I tried to call her back, but she left without another word and didn’t turn around.

“What’s wrong with her?” Krystal asked from behind me while munching on her bread.

I shrugged in response. I totally have no idea, she was fine last night… or at least I thought she was.

Ding Dong

“Coming!~” Krystal shouted as she rushed to open the door. “SUL—?? Oh my gosh, I’m sorry.”

“Heh, it’s ok.” I heard a familiar sweet voice say. My heart did a somersault. “I’m here for Jessica.”

“Tiffany?” I walked towards them. “You’re here early.”

“Uhh, yea. Taeyeon had to go somewhere so she dropped me off here early. Sorry if I came too early.”

“Nono, it’s ok. Come on in.” I took Tiffany’s hand and lead her to the sofas.

Krystal was still standing at the door confusedly.

“Krys, close the door.” I said to make her snap out of her trance. Krystal closed the door and walked over to sit in front of us.

“Who are you?” she asked arrogantly.

“Watch your tone young lady.” I gave her a glare but she glared back.

“I’m Tiffany Hwang, Jessica’s duet partner. Who are you?” Tiffany smiled at Krystal, making her lose her cool.

She recovered quickly but glanced at me nervously. “I-I’m Krystal Jung, this idiot blondie’s smart sister.”

“Hey I’m not an idiot!” I snapped at her.

“You are too. You can’t even spell souvenir!” Krystal stuck her tongue out at me.

“Just shut up.” I didn’t want to continue arguing especially when it’s still early in the morning, and I really didn’t know how to spell the word. “Let’s go to my room Tiff.”

I took her hand and pulled her up with me. As we turned around to go to the stairs the bell rang again.

“Sulli! You’re here!” Krystal screamed and hugged her best friend.

“Gosh, you guys act like you haven’t seen each other for decades.”

“I haven’t seen her since yesterday.” Krystal reasoned. “That’s long.”

“What are you guys? Inseperateably twins, or maybe lovers?” I asked them smirking.

“Eww Jessica-unnie, we’re not like you!” Sulli said, breaking away from Krystal. I looked at my sister,  but she was blushing and she didn’t answer.Little Krys has got a crush on her best friend~Wait, doesn’t Sulli have a boyfriend?

“Tiffany unnie?” Sulli said and walkedup to her.

“Sulli? As in the Sulli Choi from next door?” Tiffany asked back at her and patted the girl’s head.

“You guys know each other?” I asked surprised.

“Yeah, we’re neighbors.”

I slapped my forehead. Of course, Tiffany lives with Taeyeon who lives beside Sulli and Yoona’s house.

“Sulli-ah, come on. Let’s get away from peanut-brain.” Krystal took Sulli’s hand and ran away into her room before I could scream at her. Tiffany laughed from beside me.

“You find it amusing huh?” I turned to snap at her, but soften when I saw her cute pouting face.

“Can’t I laugh?” she asked still pouting cutely.

“Sure, go ahead laugh all you want at me.” I smiled at her even though she can’t see me. “Let’s go to my room.”

I lead her up the stairs slowly.

“Come on in.” I said as I opened the door to my room and stepped in. Tiffany hesitantly followed me inside and then smiled. “What?”

“I love your room Jessi. Itfeelsso cozy and comfortable!” She exclaimed as she turned around in the middle of the room. “May I walk around?”

“Sure, go ahead. Just make sure you don’t trip.” I sat down on the bed and took out the music sheets. But my eyes keep straying up to Tiffany who was pulling the curtains of the window open. The sunlight spilled softly on her, making her glow in the soft yellow light.

She looks like an angel…I thought as I leaned back on the wall beside the bed, still looking at Tiffany.

“Hey, where can I sit?” Tiffany asked, turning towards me.

“Come here, on the bed.” I answered shifting my position so that there will be space beside me.

Tiffany used her feet to search if there was anything in front of her before taking a step. However…

“Oh careful the rug is fol–..” Tiffany tripped over the fold in the rug before I could finish my sentence. She fell right onto me as I reached out to catch her. I was pushed back onto the bed with her on top of me.

“Unnieeeeee!!!!!!!” a voice cried as my bedroom door was flung open. Krystal barged into the room with Sulli right behind her. Upon seeing the two of us, they stopped surprised and Tiffany quickly rolled off me and I sat up.

 “Sorry, we’ll get going.” Sulli bowed to us and pushed the still-frozen Krystal out of the room.

“That… was… awkward!” I exclaimed slowly, my face flushed Phew Fany cannot see me.

“Sorry, I should have been more careful.” Tiffany said while blushingand holding her lips.

“It’s not your fault. I should have warned you earlier and well accidents happen. Come sit here.” I patted the place next to me.

Tiffany nodded but kept standing up.

“Shouldn’t we start practicing? Oh, I think Krystal and Sulli need our help in something.” she said.

“You said wait here [I sat her down on the bed] and I’ll be back.” I went over to Krystal’s room and found her playing chess with Sulli on the floor. “What did you guys want?”

“Nothing unnie. We found it.” Sulli said and gestured towards the chessboard.

“CHECKMATE!” Krystal shouted and sat up. She then smirked and turned towards me. Uh-oh, now what? I stared back at her.

“Unnie help me!” Sulli interrupted our “staring contest” and whined cutely.

“Sorry I can’t. Have to get back to my room.” I gave my sister a last evil glare and went back to my room, to Tiffany.

 

Chapter 13

Krystal’s POV

As soon as my sister walked out the room, I turned to Sulli.

“Hey I’ve got an awesome plan!”

“Not again??!!” Sulli sat up and groaned. I glared at her, making her laugh. “Ok, shoot away. Plan for what?”

“It’s not actually a plan yet.. It’s just an idea. Don’t you think unnieand Tiffany-unniematch?”

“WHAT? ARE YOU CRA— ” I clamped my hand over Sulli’s mouth.

“shhhh, they are just right next door. They might hear us!” I hissed at her.

“Ompk, gerroffp mff.”

“Huh?” She pointed to my hand on . “Oh, sorry.” I quickly removed it and got off her.

“Why do you want to get Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie together? They hardly know each other.. I think.”

I shrugged in response. “I just do.”

“Ok, fine. I like your matchmaking missions. Tell me your plans.” She faked a sigh but said with mischief in her eyes.

I leaned in to whisper in her ear. “Let’s…”

Yuri’s POV

The bell jingled as I opened the door to the café. I sat down at my usual place by the window and looked out to the street filled with busy people rushing back and forth.

“Annyonghaseyo. What would you like to order?” a familiar voice asked.It’s her.

Surprised, I turn around and saw Yoona smiling down at me. “Oh it’s you! I didn’t know you worked here.”

“Well today is my first day. You looklike you come here all the time.” Yoona replied smiling even wider. I nodded absentmindedly, my thoughts were still filled with Jessica although the sight of her brightened up my mood.

“Tell Sunny to just give me the usual.” I told Yoona and went back to staring at the people walking outside.

Yoona went away with my order and a while later, Sunny came with the food.

“Tell me, what’s wrong?” she said as she placed the tray in front of me and sat opposite me.

“Nothing’s wrong.” I answered while stirring my coffee.

“Yes something is, or you won’t be here sitting alone like this.” Sunny is so persistent sometimes that I want to bite her head off. Oh no, she’s starting to pout. I cannot deal with her aegyo, especially at a time like this.

“What’s wrong with sitting here alone?And aren’t you supposed to be working, not talking to me?” I asked her annoyed.

“My shift’s over. You’re usually with Sica or Soo, and both of them are not here this time. The last time you were here alone was when Tae and Sica broke up. So what’s up this time? Who are you going to tell if not me, all the shikshin understands is foodand Sica’s always half-asleep.” Sunny tried to make me laugh but did not succeed.

I sighed and drank a little of the caramel coffee. It’s Sica’s favorite drink, but I hate it though. “Sunny-ah, what would you do if the person you love is in love with another person? Just give up, or will you keep on fighting?”

Sunny rested her head against the window and thought for a while before answering.

“I… I will notfight and but I will keep on waiting. I would just stick by her side so that I could share her joy with her and also be a shoulder she could cry on, a hand that will always be there to catch her if she falls. But it is fine as long as I can remain as her good friend though.” Sunny looked out the window and sighed heavily, not even realizing that I was staring at her.

“I would give upand try to look for happiness with someone else.I mean there are still thousands of others in the world right? She can’t be the only perfect one.Also, what’s most important is that the person I love is happy. If she is happy, wouldn’t you be happy too?” Yoona said suddenly. Both Sunny and I turned towards her in surprise. She blushed and quickly took a step back. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop. I just wanted to tell Sunny that Mrs. Lee is calling you.”

Sunny stood up distractedly and walked over to the kitchen. Yoona also turned around to leave.

“Wait!” I called.

“Yes?” Yoona turned back and walked slowly towards me.

“I think both you and Sunny are right. Although it is more important that she is happy, it is also not good to just give up. Thank you.” I stood up, smiled at her and handed her some money. “Nice meeting you again. I’ll be going now. Keep the change.”

The bells jingled again as I left the Sunflower Café. I walked down a few blocks and unlocked the door to my house. As soon as I stepped into the living room, my father called me to come over from the couch. While I walked over tiredly, he neatly folded the newspaper he was reading and put it down on the table in front. He is angry... at me. I took a seat on the left of him and patiently waited for a scolding.

“Where have you been last night and all this morning?” Although his voice was calm and controlled, the anger in his eyes told me otherwise.

“I was at Jessica’s last night, and I was with Sunny this morning.” There is no use lying to him, it just makes things worse.

“Were you given permission? Did you phone to tell us where you are going to be?” he continued, his voice growing louder and harsher with each question.

“No.” I answered looking at the soft carpet beneath my feet.

“Do you know how worried we were? We tried calling your cell phone but it was turned off. What’s the use of having one if you’re not going to turn it on? We couldn’t phone the Jungs because we don’t know their phone number. I told you on Friday that we are having the Lees over for dinner yesterday and we expected you to be there. But nooo you had to go over to Jessica’s for a sleepover! How can you not remember such an important dinner? You know how HUMILIATED WE WERE? The dinner was for YOU, to introduce you to their son, Leeteuk, who just came back from America. But YOU WEREN’T THERE!” my father shouted at me and swore at me, but there was no one that will come to my rescue.

YOUR PROBLEMS ARE THE LEAST OF MY CONCERNS, I DON’T GIVE A SHIET ABOUT THE STUPID ENGAGEMENT, I AM NOT AN INDECISIVE TEN YEAR OLDANYMORE!

I wanted to scream back at him, but I didnot. Tears were threatening to fall, but I blinked them back in. I will not cry in front of him, I am not that weak.

“I’m sorry father. I promise it will not happen again. I will remember what you tell me and I will not break my promises.”

“You’d better…” Mr. Kwon unfolded his newspaper and continued reading.

“Father, may I take a walk in the park?” It might be pushing my luck but I really need to get some fresh air.

Mr. Kwon looked up at me from over his paper and then nodded his permission. “I don’t want to see your face either. But be back by seven.”

I put my bag in my room and went out again. I crossed the deserted road and entered the park.

I went over to my usual spot and lied down under the maple tree. The sunlight peeked through the leaves and shined brightly onto my face. I closed my eyes and tried to block out the world.

 

hello my lovely readers!~~ :D thx for all the comments and keep them coming!