The Day of Love

Seeing You [SunYeon special, 11/9/14] {HIATUS}

Chapter 16


Sulli’s POV

Another day of school has ended, and I was walking to the gates where Kystal is waiting for me. Passing by the football field, I saw Lee Taemin and his group of friends playing soccer. Jonghyun saw me looking at them and said something to Taemin who smiled and headed in my direction.

“Hey Sulli!” he greeted cheerfully as he stopped right in front of me.

“H-hi Taemin-oppa.” He was still smiling his handsome smile.. at me. What is he doing here?

“Are you going to the dance this Friday?”

“Yeah.” OMG is he asking me to the dance? 

“Ok, so would you like to go with me as my date?” My heart missed a beat upon hearing the question. I nodded quickly in reply, not trusting my voice to speak clearly. It was like a dream come true, the boy of my dreams asking me out.

Taemin smiled even wider. “Thank you. I’ll pick you up at six.”

He gave me a quick hug and started walking back to his friends. He turned back and to wave at me. “By the way, you look really pretty today. Wait, you look pretty everyday!”

I felt my cheeks burn as I raised my hand to wave back before continuing on my way. I saw Krystal standing by our bicycles with her arms crossed and tapping her feet. The pose that she does whenever she’s angry or annoyed.

“What took you so long? I’ve been waiting for 15 minutes!” Krystal said angrily as soon as she spotted me. 

She got on her bicycle and rode away without even waiting for me.

“Hey, wait up!” I shouted as I quickly rode after her. “Sorry. I was talking with Taemin-oppa.”

Krystal turned to look at me for a quick second. “What did he want?”

“He asked me to the dance.”

Krystal didn’t say anything back. Not that I was expecting her to jump up and congratulate me (I know she’s not very fond of Taemin), but I wanted her to say something. After all, she’s my best friend.

“dgmdkakd. Don’t go.” Krystal muttered something incomprehensible.

“Soojung? Did you say something?”

“I said good for you. You must be happy.”

“Yeah I am.” But you don’t seem to be. Soojung-ah, what’s wrong?

Jessica’s POV

The moment I stepped onto school grounds, pink hearts and red roses greeted me. Yes, it is Valentine’s Day: the day full of love, the day of the V-Day dance, and also, the day of our concert. Upon my arrival, my eyes immediately searched for my friends and Tiffany among the huge student body, but I found none of them.

“JESSICA-unnie!” I heard Seohyun calling me. “Mr. Park is asking all the soloists to meet up in the auditorium right now.”

“Thanks Seo. I’ll go there right now.” I quickly ran towards my destination.

“Ah, Ms. Jung, you’re finally here.” Mr. Park greeted.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you called.” I apologized as I squeezed in between Yuri and Tiffany.

The teacher nodded and continued talking. “SO! After Taeyeon sings, it will be JeTi’s duet as the last piece. Got it?”

“JeTi?” I asked confused.

“Jessica and Tiffany.” Tiffany answered while smiling widely in my direction. “I like that word. JeTi. hehehe”

“Any question?” Mr. Park asked and put his hands together with a sense of finality. “Seeing that there are none, you all are dismissed. Be here by 5 this evening.”

We went out of the room to our different classes. I walked to Literature with Tiffany, hand in hand.

“Jessi, you ready for tonight?”

“Huh? What?” I replied alarmed. My cheeks turning red with the thoughts that jumped into my head.

“For the concert.” Tiffany replied innocently, not knowing what I was thinking.

“O-oh, that. Yup!”

“Ok then. I’m just a little nervous.”

I put my hand around her shoulders and pulled her closer to my side. “You’re going to be fine. Don’t you worry, every little thing’s gonna be alright!~.”

Tiffany giggled at my failed attempt to sing Bob Marley. 

“Hey let’s just hold hands. This makes it seem like you’re the guy in the relationship.” she said while shrugging my hand off her shoulder.

“But I am the guy in the relationship.” I put my hand back on her shoulder.

“Says who?”

“Says me.” I replied arrogantly.

“I wanna be the guy!”

“No, I’m the guy.”

“Why don’t you take turns being the guy?” Seohyun said from behind us, interrupting our childish argument.

“Ok.” I said after considering the idea.

“Ok.” Tiffany agreed. “But I’m going to be the guy today.”

“No, I want to be the guy first!” I replied as I opened the door to our classroom.

“NO!”

“Sica-unnie, Fany-unnie!” Seohyun whispered harshly while sitting down in front of us. “Please keep quiet, I need to listen to the teacher.”

Both Tiffany and I shut up… at least for the time being.

~~

Friday, 14th February, 5:00 p.m

Sulli's POV

“Krystal, come on! You HAVE to come! You promised!” I whined as I tried to persuade my best friend. The girl who always gets excited at the thought of dancing was not refusing to go to the Valentine’s Day dance held at our school.


No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t feel good.” Krystal lied as she lied down on her bed and pretended to be sick.

“You were fine this morning.” I pulled off her blanket and shook her by her shoulder. “I’ll be alone if you don’t come. We’ve been planning for this since months ago. Don’t be a spoilsport.”

“No, you won’t be alone. Why can’t you just go with your Taemin-oppa and leave me alone?” Krystal sounded angry. 

“Is this all because of Taemin?”

Krystal looked away and didn’t reply.

“Are you feeling sad because you’re not going with a date?” I asked again.

Krystal shot me a glare and looked down at her hands sadly. “I turned down all the guys that asked me because I wanted to spend our last dance of the year together. But Taemin just had to ask you now.”

I mentally face-palmed myself. I had forgotten about our promise because I was exciting with the thought of being with Taemin.

“Ok, if you’re not going, I’m also not going.” I told my best friend sadly and guiltly.

“What?” Krystal looked up surprised.

“It’ll be boring without you. It’s not like I’m going to stick full time next to Taemin. I’ll tell oppa that I’m not going.” I told her as I picked up my phone. I sighed before pressing the first number.

Krystal immediately sat up and held my hand, stopping me from pressing the call button. “No. Go. I’ll come. 
you wanna be with him right? After all, I’m your best friend. I shouldn’t be the one stopping you from 
being happy.. even if it’s with him.”

I immediately broke into a wide happy smile. Krystal is like the bestest friend ever! She knows me too well.

“Aww Soojungie. When did my babyjung become so mature?” I asked teasingly as I hugged her.

“Shut up and get up. We have loads of preparation to do.” She pushed me away and stood up.

“Yah! Stop ordering me around. Just because you’re now the same height as me, don’t forget that I’m still your unnie!”

“Whatever Sulli!”

Krystal’s POV

I watched as Sulli skipped walked back to her house where Taemin will pick her up. She looked so happy to be going to the dance as that boy’s date, too happy that it makes my heart hurt. Sulli turned back to wave at me as she always does. I waved back and tried to smile, tried to be happy for her. But I couldn’t.

Sulli-unnie, you asked me when I became so mature.

It’s since I realized that I love you.


~~

Jessica’s POV

“Are you guys ready?” Mr. Park poked his head into backstage where Tiffany and I were patiently waiting for Taeyeon to finish singing her solo.

We nodded in reply and stood up as the audiences applauded loudly.

“Jessi, do I look ok?” Tiffany asked while brushing her dress nervously.

“You look beautiful.” I took her hands and gave her a peck on her cheek.

Tiffany blushed but nodded with confident. 

We were wearing the dresses that we bought for the dance (as the dance was right afterwards). Tiffany was wearing a white full length dress. It was sleeveless, the skirt part has many layers and it fell down to the ground like a little water fall, and it has a sequined high waist with a little ribbon in the front. [the dress she wore for the second part of MBC Gayo Daejun 2010]. Mine was a black mini-dress with spaghetti straps. It has jewels decorating the collar and I matched them by wearing a necklace with big (fake) gems. [what Jessica wore in the Beautiful Girls MV].

“How was I?!” Taeyeon asked as soon as she got behind the curtains.

“You were great Tae!” Tiffany replied and hugged her cousin.

“Good.” I slightly smiled at her.

“I didn’t know little Taeyeon could sing this well.” Sooyoung said dramatically as she patted the short girl’s head and pulled her into her arms. “Yah! Why are you touching my ?!!”

“Cause you’re too tall!” Byuntae strikes again..

Sunny skipped up to her best friend from behind and hugged her as well. “Tae-tae! You’re the greatest!”

“Thanks Bunny-ah.”

“… Tae, hands off!” Sunny screeched slightly as she jumped back and crossed her hands behind her back to protect her behind.

Taeyeon wiggled her fingers in front of Sunny’s face causing the girl to run away. 

“Hey, come back!” she screamed as she hurried after her, leaving us roaring with laughter.

“The last performance for the night… Jessica and Tiffany singing a duet!” Mr. Park announced through the microphone.

Tiffany and I stepped out onto the stage and took our positions as practiced. I looked out into the audiences, trying to find Mom and Krystal. They caught my eye and waved madly at me. The music started playing softly in the background. I turned a little so that I can see Tiffany and face the audiences at the same time.

♪♫ Oh - thinkin' about all our younger years 
There was only you and me 
We were young and wild and free 

Now nothin' can take you away from me 
We bin down that road before 
But that's over now 
You keep me comin' back for more 

Baby you're all that I want 
When you're lyin' here in my arms 
I'm findin' it hard to believe 
We're in heaven 
I turned to face Tiffany as she faced me. I walked slowly towards her as I sang.
And love is all that I need 
And I found it there in your heart 
It isn't too hard to see 
We're in heaven 

Oh - once in your life you find someone 
Who will turn your world around 
Pick you up when you're feelin' down 

Now nothin' could change what you mean to me 
Oh there's lots that I could say 
But just hold me now 
Cause our love will light the way


Tiffany held out her hand for me to take. We smiled at each other while we sang the next part together, hand in hand.

N' baby you're all that I want 
When you're lyin' here in my arms 
I'm findin' it hard to believe 
We're in heaven 
And love is all that I need 
And I found it there in your heart 
It isn't too hard to see 
We're in heaven 

I've bin waitin' for so long 
For something to arrive 
For love to come along 

Now our dreams are comin' true 
Through the good times and the bad 
I'll be standin' there by you 
We turned towards the audiences again as we sang the last part of the song. I poured all my emotion into singing, just like Tiffany did.

Baby you're all that I want 
When you're lyin' here in my arms 
I'm findin' it hard to believe 
We're in heaven 
And love is all that I need 
And I found it there in your heart 
It isn't too hard to see 
We're in heaven♪♫

(Heaven—Brian Adams)

The last note hanged in the air and faded away slowly. The audiences went wild, once again applauded loudly and some were even shouting our names. Tiffany and I quickly retreated behind the curtains. Immediately, I was attacked by Yuri and Sooyoung who were saying things to me at the top of their voices, at the same time.

“That was the best duet ever—“

“It was so sweet—“

“I nearly cried!”

“It’s just so.. lovey dovey!”

“Yuri! Sooyoung! Get off me!” I cried as I tried to pry my two annoying friends off me.

“You two were great!” Mom said as she walked towards me with Krystal tagging along.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Yuri and Sooyoung quickly moved away and bowed politely. 

My mom nodded her greeting towards my friends before attacking me with a giant hug of her own.

“My daughter’s so great at singing. I never thought I would ever hear her sing like that.” she said while wiping fake tears off.

“MOM!” Both Krystal and I shouted at the same time. 

Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny, Taeyeon, and Tiffany all laughed at the two of us. My mom saw Tiffany and her eyes grew wide with excitement again.

“OOOOHHHHHH, so you’re Tiffany! You’re so adorable!” She cooed as she pinched Tiffany’s cheeks.

“Yup! Nice to meet you Mrs. Jung!” Tiffany gave my mom her eyesmile causing my mom to scream in delight and hug her tightly.

“Don’t call me Mrs. Jung, just call me Jane.”

I rolled my eyes at my mom’s childish and overexcited actions. Krystal nodded her agreement and folded her arms, annoyed.

“Mom, let’s get going, I’m hungry. I wanna eat something before our dance starts.” My sister whined in an attempt to stop our mother from harassing my friends further.

“Ok darling. I’m coming.” Mom let go of Tiffany and put an arm around Krystal’s shoulders. “Sica, get back home by midnight.”

“Mom, I’m not a 13 year old anymore! You don’t need to remind me.”

“I’m just reminding you because you might forget.” My mom waved as she left the auditorium. 

“Sicarella, get home before midnight.” Yuri mimicked my mother.

“Where’s your glass slipper princess?” Sooyoung asked, playing along.

“At Fany’s house.” I answered mockingly, and glared at the two for teasing me.

"I didn't see any glass slippers at my house." Taeyeon said, not affected by my ice glare. "Maybe Fany kept it in her room."

“Let’s go to the assembly hall now! Party’s gonna start soon.” Sunny quickly shouted and pushed us out towards the door.

I took Tiffany’s hand and followed them. Just as we predicted, the party was about to start. The DJ was fiddling with his buttons and the food and drinks were already laid out. As usual, Sooyoung immediately ran towards the food tables and started piling up cookies onto her plate. The music started blaring out from the speakers hanging around the walls. Students were already crowding on the dance floor. Sunny grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her into the dancing crowd. Yuri wandered off mumbling something that sounds like finding… Yoona… and if she comes. I was left alone with Tiffany, both of us just standing side by side.

“So..” Both of us said at the same time. Tiffany giggled making me smile.

“What do you want to do?” I asked first.

“Uhh, can I have a drink first? My throat’s kinda dry after singing.”

“Yea sure, if Sooyoung left anything for us to eat.” I replied as we made our way towards the food tables where Sooyoung was still eating.

“Heeiph” She greeted us with full.

“Swallow before you speak Soo.” I frowned at her while pouring Tiffany some fruit punch.

“Hey! Have you guys danced?” Sooyoung asked after swallowing. She did some wavy thingy with her hands to enforce what she meant in case I didn’t understand her.

“No, you know I hate fast songs.” I replied, making up an excuse. Just thinking about dancing with Tiffany, makes my heart go wild.

“Yaahhhh righhhtttt.” Sooyoung said sarcastically. I glared at her, causing her to gulp.

As if planned, the song ended and a slow romantic song started playing.

“This is for all the loving lovers out there!” The DJ said through the mic.

Sooyoung pushed me slightly towards Tiffany and raised her eyebrows.

“Wanna dance?” I nervously asked Tiffany and took her hand. She nodded and I guided her to the open space where many couples were already dancing together.

I put my hand around her small waist and hugged her as she put hers around my neck and did the same. We moved left and right in sync and in time to the beat, not really dancing, but enjoying each other’s company. I breathed in her sweet strawberry scent deeply and hugged her tighter.

“Jessi…” Tiffany whispered in my ear.

“Yes?”

“I love you.” she continued with a smile.

I smiled and pulled a little back so that I can see her beautiful face. “I love you too Tiffany.”

I gently caressed her cheek with my hand and then leaned closer and closer towards Tiffany until my lips touched hers in a kiss.



sorry for not updating in sooo long. :D i'll try to update again next week. :) don't forget to comment~